• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Oh, you're right that was Beach mode. I'm thinking about the ending of Jammies mode where she tells everybody to bring the party to Risky's ship.
If Jammies is really meant to tie into Smash, then Risky's ship is likely where the reveal will take place. Maybe Risky locks Shantae below deck while she's asleep so she can carry out her latest scheme.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
She'd be great, we never had a champion before. Isn't her theme in there?
Yep, thought I kinda hope a direct version from one of the games makes it as well

If Jammies is really meant to tie into Smash, then Risky's ship is likely where the reveal will take place. Maybe Risky locks Shantae below deck while she's asleep so she can carry out her latest scheme.
As long as there’s a scene of her busting out of Risky’s ship as the elephant, I’ll roll with it

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Trapped in the bathtub again lol
Honestly, if there was another character with the ability to switch between Pokémon, I’d say Cynthia has the best shot
Which Pokemon do you think she'd have? Hypothetically speaking, of course.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
As long as there’s a scene of her busting out of Risky’s ship as the elephant, I’ll roll with it
I see it starting in the quiet darkness belowdeck (with a bunch of sleeping bags strewn about), before the sound of cannon fire awakens Shantae, granting us only a very brief glimpse of her blue eyes (Smash logo and dream sequence optional) before cutting to what is happening outside. Two ships in battle, one being Risky's and the other being the pirate ship from Wind Waker. Toon Link makes his way to Risky's ship somehow, finding it eerily quiet before being surrounded by tons of Tinkerbats. Meanwhile Shantae is trying to open the door leading above deck, settling on bashing it open as an elephant just as Toon Link is confronting the Tinkerbats. Transform back in a puff of smoke, highlight her physical features, cue reveal line and gameplay. Once that is done Risky reveals herself, either as a character or boss. As a final gag, show the reaction of EVERYONE from Shantae wondering what the heck is going on.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Trapped in the bathtub again lol

Which Pokemon do you think she'd have? Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Obviously Garchomp for starters as her Charizard, and if there are no problems animating or working out their movesets for their designs, then Spiritomb and Milotic, otherwise I could also see Roserade or Togekiss in place of either, can’t use Lucario for obvious reasons

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I see it starting in the quiet darkness belowdeck (with a bunch of sleeping bags strewn about), before the sound of cannon fire awakens Shantae, granting us only a very brief glimpse of her blue eyes (Smash logo and dream sequence optional) before cutting to what is happening outside. Two ships in battle, one being Risky's and the other being the pirate ship from Wind Waker. Toon Link makes his way to Risky's ship somehow, finding it eerily quiet before being surrounded by tons of Tinkerbats. Meanwhile Shantae is trying to open the door leading above deck, settling on bashing it open as an elephant just as Toon Link is confronting the Tinkerbats. Transform back in a puff of smoke, highlight her physical features, cue reveal line and gameplay. Once that is done Risky reveals herself, either as a character or boss. As a final gag, show the reaction of EVERYONE from Shantae wondering what the heck is going on.
This would mostly be for aesthetic, but maybe a scene like that could be a beat going on like the transformation dance beat in HGH, like the cannons firing and hitting the water, her trying to break the door down, and her hips moving all of it to the beat.

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
This thread is starting to get on my nerves.

I'm getting sick of the constant pessimism and people giving up hope at the drop of a hat on the flimsiest of reasons. It's like certain people here are going out of their way to deconfirm Shantae and it's annoying.
Yeah. I mean the thread doesn't really get on my nerves, but I agree that people seem to wanna jump ship a lot. Then again people are well within their rights to do so, it just happens so often and it's always over what turns out to be nothing.
Just be cautiously optimistic, know that there's both a good possibility she will and won't get in, and hope for the best. If she gets in, that's super rad! If she doesn't, oh well, I'll still be a Shantae fan regardless of what happens

So uh... how is everyone today?
I am good! How is you doin, Yellowlord? It's October 1st where I am which means one thing... IT'S SPOOOKY MOOONTH!

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Yeah. I mean the thread doesn't really get on my nerves, but I agree that people seem to wanna jump ship a lot. Then again people are well within their rights to do so, it just happens so often and it's always over what turns out to be nothing.
Just be cautiously optimistic, know that there's both a good possibility she will and won't get in, and hope for the best. If she gets in, that's super rad! If she doesn't, oh well, I'll still be a Shantae fan regardless of what happens

I am good! How is you doin, Yellowlord? It's October 1st where I am which means one thing... IT'S SPOOOKY MOOONTH!
I'm dressing up as a dinosaur for Halloween

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I certainly have a lot of things to catch up on, don’t I?
The most you'll need to catch up from is that there was a podcast mainly describing Shantae's series, and the birth of a new "deconfirmation hypothesis" I'd call "the amiibo hypothesis", which is derived from a portion where Matt Bozon was talking about the amiibo and how he doesn't want the amiibo to be a "one-time use" deal, like in most other games and more towards Smash Brothers functionality with a bit more in it.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I’m more so lost in the amount of people who have asked to be on the supporter list. I know some have asked to be apart of it, but I have been kind of stressed out in on and off scenarios, so...

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
I'm dressing up as a dinosaur for Halloween
Last time I dressed up for Halloween it was as one of those bedsheet ghosts with the eye holes. It was dumb and people drew wangs on my sheet. Good times!

So for the ones here familiar with the series, if Shantae was a Pokémon Trainer, what kind of Pokémon would she have?
Bellossom and Lilligant probably. A Zoroark or Ditto. Mienshao because of the arm whips... uhh

Then maybe Primarina 'cause dancing and singing and long hair. Also maybe Altaria 'cause it's cute and one of its pokedex things says it dances through the air.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I apologize for not getting to you until now: I'll put you on immediately.
Oi I want to be put on the supporter list as well :D

Last time I dressed up for Halloween it was as one of those bedsheet ghosts with the eye holes. It was dumb and people drew wangs on my sheet. Good times!

Bellossom and Lilligant probably. A Zoroark or Ditto. Mienshao because of the arm whips... uhh

Then maybe Primarina 'cause dancing and singing and long hair. Also maybe Altaria 'cause it's cute and one of its pokedex things says it dances through the air.
For all my life, I have yet to dress up as a ghost. I think I should do that next time

Last edited:
Top Bottom