• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
And this "Shantae Amiibo" thing deconfirms her... how?!

Seriously, who decided that Smash Fighters must have Amiibo's anyways?
Even if it isn't available on launch, they could always make one later down the line.

It's not like this Amiibo-Raising thing is a required game feature...

Last edited:

JIrish780

Smash Rookie
I listened to the Retronauts interview in question a couple days ago (side note: LISTEN TO RETRONAUTS PODCASTS!!! WATCH RETRONAUTS VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE!!!!), and it was more about amiibo as a concept in general, specifically he'd want it to be something more in the mold of Smash Bros in that it served more of a purpose than simply a one time unlock or a daily power up. It sounded more in the context of being about their own Shantae games rather than anything else. Add to that the interview was conducted before the media could even be told about Smash, let alone it's functionality with past amiibos, and I think this is a non-issue for her chances.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I listened to the Retronauts interview in question a couple days ago (side note: LISTEN TO RETRONAUTS PODCASTS!!! WATCH RETRONAUTS VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE!!!!), and it was more about amiibo as a concept in general, specifically he'd want it to be something more in the mold of Smash Bros in that it served more of a purpose than simply a one time unlock or a daily power up. It sounded more in the context of being about their own Shantae games rather than anything else. Add to that the interview was conducted before the media could even be told about Smash, let alone it's functionality with past amiibos, and I think this is a non-issue for her chances.
I think it's safe to say that you're the ultimate supreme winner of this thread, JIrish. :p
And yes, Connor, her chances have stayed the same. They've stayed the same before and they've stayed the same after.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Overall though, there should be less tinfoil used around here, leave some for the other threads.

So are her chances still the same?
That's what I was trying to say earlier, yes.

I think it's safe to say that you're the ultimate supreme winner of this thread, JIrish. :p
And yes, Connor, her chances have stayed the same. They've stayed the same before and they've stayed the same after.
Funny you're using that, I brought up Big Rigs earlier. :p

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Good to know.

So all this was, was you-know-who being a Drama Queen again.
I mean I get some extent of pessimism, but this is getting annoying. :/

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Funny you're using that, I brought up Big Rigs earlier. :p
Can somebody start up the Big Rigs support thread please?
It would be great.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
0D63D189-693E-4979-8DC3-A13D6F07F3D1.gif

Every time I enter this thread, there’s some new “evidence” with deconfirmation.

The only deconfirmation in my opinion is in game footage of her as an assist trophy.

The image is my standard reaction to everything going on in this thread by the way.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
View attachment 167334
Every time I enter this thread, there’s some new “evidence” with deconfirmation.

The only deconfirmation in my opinion is in game footage of her as an assist trophy.

The image is my standard reaction to everything going on in this thread by the way.
Don't forget the possibility that she's not in the base game at all, in which case the wait for DLC begins

So when should we switch from tin foil to aluminum?
Remember that metal can amplify certain signals so ideally what you want is a rubber hat, covered in foil so you get full coverage

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, the Pro Wrestling support thread?
Okay.
Well, Star Man, specifically. :p Although the rest of the guys can work as an FS.

View attachment 167334

It doesn't help that "leakers" only bandwagon on theoretically popular picks and dismiss Shantae every time.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It doesn't help that "leakers" only bandwagon on theoretically popular picks and dismiss Shantae every time.
Not to mention the seeming randomness of what lucky guess leaks get picked up on.

Now every one that guessed Isabelle is being treated as a prophet but the one that predicted/guessed Richter is being treated as a total joke. At least be consistent, Smash Community!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not to mention the seeming randomness of what lucky guess leaks get picked up on.

Now every one that guessed Isabelle is being treated as a prophet but the one that predicted/guessed Richter is being treated as a total joke. At least be consistent, Smash Community!
At least Arcadenik Arcadenik gets some respect.

Dang, I'm gone for like 12 hours and the page count increases by 4. What is the TL;DR?
People acting like Chicken Little over theoretical Shantae amiibo plans that were mentioned by Bozon waaaay back in January.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
isn't that the opposite of what you've been saying.
First you say you still want many characters in and now you don't? oO
I should have said I would like to see instead of I still want to see, my bad.

Don't forget the possibility that she's not in the base game at all, in which case the wait for DLC begins
I believe if she's in, she's in the base roster without question because of the Jammies mode hints.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
If everything goes according to plan, 2019 could be a great year to be a Shantae fan, with at least two prominent guest appearances.

I should have said I would like to see instead of I still want to see, my bad.

I believe if she's in, she's in the base roster without question because of the Jammies mode hints.
There's actually another notable place where "everyone" is dropped; the very end of Beach mode. It's not highlighted like in Jammies, but maybe... it's a stage hint?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If everything goes according to plan, 2019 could be a great year to be a Shantae fan, with at least two prominent guest appearances.

There's actually another notable place where "everyone" is dropped; the very end of Beach mode. It's not highlighted like in Jammies, but maybe... it's a stage hint?
Risky's ship stage confirmed for Ultimate?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Risky's ship stage confirmed for Ultimate?
Uh, no, that would be the "very best beach" Shantae wanted to share with everyone. So... her lighthouse?
I’d say both with a traveling Burning Town stage: start at the lighthouse, travel through Scuttle Town, stop at the building with the platforms popping in and out, continue through a more on-fire Scuttle Town, then stop on Risky’s Ship, restart cycle

1. Misty, preferably as a Pokémon Trainer-alike. Nobody outside of the Pokémon fandom really cares about her yet, and that's exactly why: to shut everyone else up. Maybe as a final DLC newcomer at that rate?
2. Shantae
3. Marx
4. Diskun
Honestly, if there was another character with the ability to switch between Pokémon, I’d say Cynthia has the best shot

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
This thread is starting to get on my nerves.

I'm getting sick of the constant pessimism and people giving up hope at the drop of a hat on the flimsiest of reasons. It's like certain people here are going out of their way to deconfirm Shantae and it's annoying.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I’d say both with a traveling Burning Town stage: start at the lighthouse, travel through Scuttle Town, stop at the building with the platforms popping in and out, continue through a more on-fire Scuttle Town, then stop on Risky’s Ship, restart cycle

Honestly, if there was another character with the ability to switch between Pokémon, I’d say Cynthia has the best shot
She'd be great, we never had a champion before. Isn't her theme in there?

Top Bottom