• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Age ratings are dumb.
In the first Shantae game, Risky delivers the line "I'll slice you to bits, and dance on your runny innards!".

Yup, that sounds like an E rated game to me...
Back in the day, it was easier for stuff to get away with things like that after the KA rating stopped existing, assuming it's too far enough in the game for content reviewers to reach. I mean, I've played an E-rated Playstation RPG that had a dragon bleeding to death in it.

And even glitchy things like Over The Road: Big Rigs Racing got played enough to get rated.

Can anyone object what I said
I already did.

Wouldn't put much stock into it, given that the Smash amiibo restocks imply they didn't even start making any new ones yet.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Ah gotcha. Well ZZS is still up in the air then. With removing Snakes Butt i am a bit worried.
Doesn't make much sense to remove those two ZSS costumes since they're part of the character's history. Snake's butt is not.

D

Deleted member

Back in the day, it was easier for stuff to get away with things like that after the KA rating stopped existing, assuming it's too far enough in the game for content reviewers to reach. I mean, I've played an E-rated Playstation RPG that had a dragon bleeding to death in it.

And even glitchy things like Over The Road: Big Rigs Racing got played enough to get rated.

I already did.
Can you please pm Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12 about the amiibo part so he doesn’t start to lose hope?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Obviously, you can say that many characters don't have amiibos yet, and it wouldn't really change anything.

At least it's better than the Shovel Knight game amiibo fiasco that happened back then, people assumed that meant he got into 4.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
What would be your No. 4's?
My personal list would be
1. Shantae
2. Banjo and Kazooie
3. Either Geno or Isaac
4. (and this is my dream meme team character) a TF2 rep. For the basis that I'm a Valve ****boi. And that I want to just see an alternative timeline where this somehow happens.
1. Misty, preferably as a Pokémon Trainer-alike. Nobody outside of the Pokémon fandom really cares about her yet, and that's exactly why: to shut everyone else up. Maybe as a final DLC newcomer at that rate?
2. Shantae
3. Marx
4. Diskun

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
1. Misty, preferably as a Pokémon Trainer-alike. Nobody outside of the Pokémon fandom really cares about her yet, and that's exactly why: to shut everyone else up. Maybe as a final DLC newcomer at that rate?
2. Shantae
3. Marx
4. Diskun
OMG another Misty fan ?? Her and Kitana from Mortal Kombat are among my mooost wanted by far but they really don't stand a chance imo ( which is why I didn't include them in my signature ).

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
OMG another Misty fan ?? Her and Kitana from Mortal Kombat are among my mooost wanted by far but they really don't stand a chance imo ( which is why I didn't include them in my signature ).
I'm not an expert on Pokemon or anything, but isn't Misty mostly in the show? She's a great character, but I don't know if they'd put her in, unfortunately.

And Kitana would be great! She's my favourite Mortal Kombat character by far.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

While you Kitana lovers have great taste, if Mortal Kombat somehow miraculously got a representative in Smash, it would be Scorpion or Sub Zero. Sadly.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm not an expert on Pokemon or anything, but isn't Misty mostly in the show? She's a great character, but I don't know if they'd put her in, unfortunately.

And Kitana would be great! She's my favourite Mortal Kombat character by far.
I do know that she had a trophy way back in Melee. However her role in the show ended years ago unfortunately, so Team Rocket is likelier to get in as a second Pokemon Trainer-type roster addition (especially since they show up in PLG).

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I do know that she had a trophy way back in Melee. However her role in the show ended years ago unfortunately, so Team Rocket is likelier to get in as a second Pokemon Trainer-type roster addition (especially since they show up in PLG).
Yeah, like I said, I'm not an expert.

I've only watched some of the show's earlier episodes, and played about three of the games, so I'm not that familiar with the franchise at all.
I don't know why they'd put in more humans from that franchise into Smash, it'd just be wasted potential, when you could put in a more unique well... Pokemon.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, like I said, I'm not an expert.

I've only watched some of the show's earlier episodes, and played about three of the games, so I'm not that familiar with the franchise at all.
I don't know why they'd put in more humans from that franchise into Smash, it'd just be wasted potential, when you could put in a more unique well... Pokemon.
So far they haven't done that, since humans come and go, but this presents the opposite problem; there's so many Pokemon that they only put in at least one new one per Smash entry, so the vast majority miss out on the opportunity, especially poor Hoenn Pokemon. Humans would be a type of compromise used to have at least three new pokemon, and possibly represent the Gen they come from at the same time.

(Alhough no humans does spare us from the Villager-esque Sun and Moon)

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
So far they haven't done that, since humans come and go, but this presents the opposite problem; there's so many Pokemon that they only put in at least one new one per Smash entry, so the vast majority miss out on the opportunity, especially poor Hoenn Pokemon. Humans with three Pokemon would be a type of compromise used to have at least three new pokemon at a time.

(Alhough no humans does spare us from the Villager-esque Sun and Moon)
True.
I don't think they should add any new Pokemon at all this time around anyway. They already brought back two.

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
What would be your No. 4's?
My personal list would be
1. Shantae
2. Banjo and Kazooie
3. Either Geno or Isaac
4. (and this is my dream meme team character) a TF2 rep. For the basis that I'm a Valve ****boi. And that I want to just see an alternative timeline where this somehow happens.
I think mine would be
1. Shantae
2. Sora
3. Geno
4. Isaac.

The first two are selfish picks that I want, then Geno and Isaac are just 'cause a lot of people want those two and they'd make people happy :)
Also gimme a Wonder Red assist trophy please.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I really hope they don't represent the Pokemon Anime anymore than they already did, due to how terrible it is.
And yes, they did represent the anime because Pokemon are saying their own names, which is still torture.
Pokemon are supposed to do roars, cries and grunts like real animals and not do this nonsenstical mess.

So yeah, I doubt we're getting more Pokemon Trainers.

As for losing hope... AGAIN:
Why can't you people remain composed and stop reading too much into little things? :/

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Oh, well that's alright then.

I'm just worried about you.
Hm? Nothing wrong with me so don't be worried.

I think mine would be
1. Shantae
2. Sora
3. Geno
4. Isaac.

The first two are selfish picks that I want, then Geno and Isaac are just 'cause a lot of people want those two and they'd make people happy :)
Also gimme a Wonder Red assist trophy please.
Speaking of sora, I don't think he has a bad chance compared to some characters

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Something come up recently?
So basically, Matt Bozon talked about a Shantae amiibo and how he would want it to work, implying that there isn't one already planned, meaning that she's not a fighter. And with all of the evidence we have gathered, we know she's most likely in the base game in some regard, so no fighter = *shudders* Assist Trophy. And now basically everyone's like "Ugh don't start this again!!!!" without assessing the possibility of this actually being the case.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Something come up recently?
Apparently Matt Bozon mentioned wanting a Shantae amiibo but wanting it to have purpose, also commenting on the expense of getting them made. This was during an interview, so some think it might deconfirm her as a fighter? I don't see how. Not everyone was thinking about amiibos when Smash was announced since amiibo seem to be on a slow drop in popularity.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Eh. So he talked about an amiibo. How recent was the interview? Either way, amiibos would not necessarily tie directly into the NDA since they can be used for multiple purposes.

And if she is playable in Smash, at worst,her amiibo might just not be finished or ready for production like some others whose figures haven't been announced for release.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Apparently Matt Bozon mentioned wanting a Shantae amiibo but wanting it to have purpose, also commenting on the expense of getting them made. This was during an interview, so some think it might deconfirm her as a fighter? I don't see how. Not everyone was thinking about amiibos when Smash was announced since amiibo seem to be on a slow drop in popularity.
So basically, Matt Bozon talked about a Shantae amiibo and how he would want it to work, implying that there isn't one already planned, meaning that she's not a fighter. And with all of the evidence we have gathered, we know she's most likely in the base game in some regard, so no fighter = *shudders* Assist Trophy. And now basically everyone's like "Ugh don't start this again!!!!" without assessing the possibility of this actually being the case.
The amiibo could be for HGH. If he said it was related to Smash, he'd get the NDA hammer fast.

Like I said, this feels like the "Shovel Knight amiibo" fiasco all over again. We're better than this.

As for losing hope... AGAIN:
Why can't you people remain composed and stop reading too much into little things? :/
It could be worse, N. Nonymous can barely even stay happy at all about Lip's chances.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Mainly because they can't grasp the simple logistics of marketing. And the one time they try to, there's too much in the market, thus leading to the opposite problem: low demand and high supplies. Of course, Mario amiibos and most of the main character amiibos are overproduced on purpose, but it does eventually lead to a grave market if they're too bull-headed to try to read market trends and try to save the amiibo line.

Top Bottom