• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Before we move off ships completely, I shared a number of songs I found that I think fit Shantae X Rottyon the last page, and I found a few that fit a couple other potential ships like Shantae X Sky:
-Lucky ~ Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
-Rather Be ~ Clean Bandit
-Fire Escape ~ Andrew McMuahon in the Wilderness

And even one for Sky X Bolo:
-We Found Love ~ Rihanna

But surprisingly none for Shantae X Bolo yet, or Bolo X Rottytops

(If anyone has any song suggestions for not just ships, but for any Shantae character in general, please let me know, I’d like more material to listen too while working on fanart. Apologies for this is a weird topic, but I don’t really have much else to discuss at the moment involving Shantae for Smash without bringing my stuff up from pages ago, but for Shantae alone, I could discuss voice actors for the cast or ideas for a Shantae animated series if anyone’s interested)

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I know it's the typical thing to make 'pairings', but why not just have as many as you want? shantae x rotty x skye x more :)
(maybe I should mention I have poly leanings.. ;p)
FAIR ENOUGH! Just leave Bolo out of it. He was dumb enough to not go out on a date with Shantae anyways!

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Before we move off ships completely, I shared a number of songs I found that I think fit Shantae X Rottyon the last page, and I found a few that fit a couple other potential ships like Shantae X Sky:
-Lucky ~ Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
-Rather Be ~ Clean Bandit
-Fire Escape ~ Andrew McMuahon in the Wilderness

And even one for Sky X Bolo:
-We Found Love ~ Rihanna

But surprisingly none for Shantae X Bolo yet, or Bolo X Rottytops

(If anyone has any song suggestions for not just ships, but for any Shantae character in general, please let me know, I’d like more material to listen too while working on fanart. Apologies for this is a weird topic, but I don’t really have much else to discuss at the moment involving Shantae for Smash without bringing my stuff up from pages ago, but for Shantae alone, I could discuss voice actors for the cast or ideas for a Shantae animated series if anyone’s interested)
There was a hint of Rottytops being interested in Bolo, though not the other way around.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
There was a hint of Rottytops being interested in Bolo, though not the other way around.
I just threw that in there cause I know some people ship them. I honestly see them having this kind of relationship:
A357D1A8-EAAB-4D97-8BAF-22F74037D2E5.jpeg

0326E550-FE3C-4CA9-8C2F-37DFBDBFD5E7.jpeg

69849413-5099-46C9-9055-32CE1FCB053E.jpeg

(Sorry bout that last one Dylly)

Yeah, just them causing mischief, hairbrained schemes, and getting in trouble together. Stuff like this is how I imagine them in my Shantae animated series ideas

Bolo has a nice nose
2373E575-00C9-46AC-8E97-645318031B14.jpeg
...okay

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Uh... I think so.
Can you imagine if someone who commented page 1, said nothing after and returned to this thread today saw what all was going on? They’d be super confused right about now.
This was basically me a week ago. I hadn't logged onto Smashboards for several months. I'm trying to check back everyday now, but I still can't keep up since most threads move so fast. I mean there are really slow periods most of the time. But when there are enough people and a topic gets going several pages fill up pretty quickly.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Bolo has a nice nose
Yeah, his nose is delightful!

I just threw that in there cause I know some people ship them. I honestly see them having this kind of relationship:

Yeah, just them causing mischief, hairbrained schemes, and getting in trouble together. Stuff like this is how I imagine them in my Shantae animated series ideas
That's horrid!
I'm not getting any sleep tonight. :(

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace

View attachment 167311 ...okay
oofy i meant it as a joke since he doesn't have one

Shadowknight1

Bolo as a prankster? Nope, don't see it. He's a bit too dim to think of stuff like that. Now, I could see Rottytops pranking the crap out of him though.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
oofy i meant it as a joke since he doesn't have one
I know that, but I’m confused as to what made you bring that up. (I also wanted another excuse to use that dog picture again)

Bolo as a prankster? Nope, don't see it. He's a bit too dim to think of stuff like that. Now, I could see Rottytops pranking the crap out of him though.
I see Bolo as an accomplice to her antics

Shadowknight1

Well, best prankster in the series is Risky. How else can you describe her bathtub trick at the beginning of Pirate's Curse?

Shadowknight1

I’m still curious as to how she moved that thing from the lighthouse to Mimic’s workshop without anyone seeing them
I'm curious on where Shantae's clothes were since she put them on in record time to take out that Cacklebat.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I know that, but I’m confused as to what made you bring that up. (I also wanted another excuse to use that dog picture again)

I see Bolo as an accomplice to her antics
Eh, it was a random thought that ran into my mind, also another thing while we're at it, I'm unsure if sky's father is even human
Sky's_Dad.png

Kinda thought he was a horse

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Eh, it was a random thought that ran into my mind, also another thing while we're at it, I'm unsure if sky's father is even humanView attachment 167314
Oh dear.
Well Sky's mother is definitely human, so if he is some kind of horse man, how did they make Sky?
This has brought up some weird images in my head...

EDIT: Here's a thing which is completely off-topic. I really would love to see what the Hexer would look like in the new HGH art style. His design is so cool!

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Blog post update:

150 and 151: Pikachu
152: The Moon
153 and 154: Lucina
155: Pokemon Music
156: Brinstar
157: Death’s Scythe
158 and 159: Lucario

This week has been just going through as normal, besides the lack of numbers 120 and 121 still being there. The biggest threat to the theory RN would be anything Minecraft related (fighter or not). While it's still possible for that to happen, we just passed a major hurdle with that (being Minecon).

I have another theory involving the blog posts that would possibly provide an explanation for Cristina Vee's tweets: Shantae could have been meant to be revealed at the Nindies direct, but without a character reveal trailer. Someone at Nintendo could have said "No. She should have a reveal trailer like all the other newcomers. (And besides, Smash would overshadow the actual indies)". As such, they changed the broadcast to move the other game to the end, while starting to work on Shantae's CGI trailer. This is where Cristina comes in, since if Shantae has any speaking role in her trailer during the CGI segment, they'd need Cristina Vee to do the voicework before lip-syncing the animation.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Eh, it was a random thought that ran into my mind, also another thing while we're at it, I'm unsure if sky's father is even humanView attachment 167314
You’re not alone, I also love how different his portrait art is to his in-game sprite:
54CEC0E9-6B48-49B3-BBA9-6202665ADA98.jpeg

BTW I still need to come up with a voice actor for this guy, I have Michelle Ruff for Sky’s mom

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Blog post update:

150 and 151: Pikachu
152: The Moon
153 and 154: Lucina
155: Pokemon Music
156: Brinstar
157: Death’s Scythe
158 and 159: Lucario

This week has been just going through as normal, besides the lack of numbers 120 and 121 still being there. The biggest threat to the theory RN would be anything Minecraft related (fighter or not). While it's still possible for that to happen, we just passed a major hurdle with that (being Minecon).

I have another theory involving the blog posts that would possibly provide an explanation for Cristina Vee's tweets: Shantae could have been meant to be revealed at the Nindies direct, but without a character reveal trailer. Someone at Nintendo could have said "No. She should have a reveal trailer like all the other newcomers. (And besides, Smash would overshadow the actual indies)". As such, they changed the broadcast to move the other game to the end, while starting to work on Shantae's CGI trailer. This is where Cristina comes in, since if Shantae has any speaking role in her trailer during the CGI segment, they'd need Cristina Vee to do the voicework before lip-syncing the animation.
Hollywood those reveal trailers lkely take MONTHS to do from start to finish.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
You’re not alone, I also love how different his portrait art is to his in-game sprite:
View attachment 167315

BTW I still need to come up with a voice actor for this guy, I have Michelle Ruff for Sky’s mom
Whoa he looks like a normal guy

Oh dear.
Well Sky's mother is definitely human, so if he is some kind of horse man, how did they make Sky?
This has brought up some weird images in my head...

EDIT: Here's a thing which is completely off-topic. I really would love to see what the Hexer would look like in the new HGH art style. His design is so cool!
I suppose sky just takes after her mother. Its all in the genes!
And Hexter has no lower half, he'll never be able to make babies now

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I don't think you get where I was trying to go with that but...

All babies have their weiners out! They're babies after all. And I hope that the baby doesn't look like crap, in the literal sense.
I think I did, and I avoided it by talking about baby weiners, and well it did look like crap after pewdiepie threw it around mercilessly

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Aw, the joke must've went over my head..sorry! Also I'm great. Its 2:37am over here and I've yet to go to sleep. What about you?
Yeah, I was talking about something completely different! Even though now that I think abou-
Anyway, I'm doing well. Even though, it seems that I'm nocturnal, because over here, it's 7:39AM. I thought in my current state, I'd be getting more sleep than I usually do, but it seems not.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So update. I finished the Retronaughts podcast with Matt Bozon. Its a good listen for some Shantae history. It seemed to of been recorded sometime before all the DLC (not Jammies) came out for HGH.
Now for the ShanateinSmash. there sadly isn't any glaringly obvious/
Smash Bros is brought up by name, but only in reference to Matt wanting a Shantae Amiibo, but he doesn't just wanna make an Amiibo that unlocks a thing, he states how Smash Bros does Amiibo is more how he would want to do Amiibo (as in the more you use the amiibo the more you can get out of it), and that it's really expensive to make one.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
So update. I finished the Retronaughts podcast with Matt Bozon. Its a good listen for some Shantae history. It seemed to of been recorded sometime before all the DLC (not Jammies) came out for HGH.
Now for the ShanateinSmash. there sadly isn't any glaringly obvious/
Smash Bros is brought up by name, but only in reference to Matt wanting a Shantae Amiibo, but he doesn't just wanna make an Amiibo that unlocks a thing, he states how Smash Bros does Amiibo is more how he would want to do Amiibo (as in the more you use the amiibo the more you can get out of it), and that it's really expensive to make one.
Heh, maybe he could get that shantae amiibo If she's in smash ;)

Yeah, I was talking about something completely different! Even though now that I think abou-
Anyway, I'm doing well. Even though, it seems that I'm nocturnal, because over here, it's 7:39AM. I thought in my current state, I'd be getting more sleep than I usually do, but it seems not.
Sleep is kinda taking a toll on me, but at the same time I wanna stroll around on amazon.
Also speaking of sleep, I havent had one of those sleep paralysis in a while.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Wow, I'm gone for about a day and this place blast past nearly 10 pages. You guys sure give a guy a lot of back reading lol.

Hope everyone has been doing well since I've been on. I've had a lot of things to take care of so I haven't been able to contribute as much on here as i would like. Tho I guess for now new speculation fuel is a little low.

Great! this came in my mind when you said that...
Also, I found this far more amusing than anyone has any right to.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Heh, maybe he could get that shantae amiibo If she's in smash ;)

Sleep is kinda taking a toll on me, but at the same time I wanna stroll around on amazon.
Also speaking of sleep, I havent had one of those sleep paralysis in a while.
Oh, I'm sorry. :(
I have it from time to time, often combined with more of my lovely hallucinations and delusions. It can be really scary though. Sorry you've had to deal with that.

My sleeping patterns have been messed up ever since I left school. I wake up at about 3PM, and get to sleep at about 8:30AM.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I have it from time to time, often combined with more of my lovely hallucinations and delusions. It can be really scary though. Sorry you've had to deal with that.

My sleeping patterns have been messed up ever since I left school. I wake up at about 3PM, and get to sleep at about 8:30AM.
Oh its cool! Even when I do have them I'm always up under the cover and aware that I'm in a dream. Its been like months so yeah. Mines have been shaky too! But regardless if I go to sleep early or late I'm still tired. Do you still get your education/school work btw(like online or sent to you?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Oh its cool! Even when I do have them I'm always up under the cover and aware that I'm in a dream. Its been like months so yeah. Mines have been shaky too! But regardless if I go to sleep early or late I'm still tired. Do you still get your education/school work btw(like online or sent to you?
Yeah, my education's online.

My hallucinations though are weird, and very disturbing, so I won't go into too much detail about them here. They're very realistic, completely life like. Mostly gory.

I'm thinking about going to sleep soon, my body really needs rest right now.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

That actually sounds kind of ideal for me. I'm naturally nocturnal myself, so I have to fight against my natural impulses to try and conform to an average human life... I miss the night...

Top Bottom