• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Yeah, my education's online.

My hallucinations though are weird, and very disturbing, so I won't go into too much detail about them here. They're very realistic, completely life like. Mostly gory.

I'm thinking about going to sleep soon, my body really needs rest right now.
Same honestly, and yeah don't, I'll probably end up staying up all night. Good night Dyl!

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
So update. I finished the Retronaughts podcast with Matt Bozon. Its a good listen for some Shantae history. It seemed to of been recorded sometime before all the DLC (not Jammies) came out for HGH.
Now for the ShanateinSmash. there sadly isn't any glaringly obvious/
Smash Bros is brought up by name, but only in reference to Matt wanting a Shantae Amiibo, but he doesn't just wanna make an Amiibo that unlocks a thing, he states how Smash Bros does Amiibo is more how he would want to do Amiibo (as in the more you use the amiibo the more you can get out of it), and that it's really expensive to make one.
Talking about a Shantae amiibo... implying that there isn't already one in development.... *gulp*

D

Deleted member

Talking about a Shantae amiibo... implying that there isn't already one in development.... *gulp*
He was probably talking about the smash 4 days not ultimate you know he is also under an nda/bcc remember? He can also lie you know pulse this was in January

Snap out of it man!

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd be happy with any Shantae amiibo, Smash or otherwise. Certainly cheaper than getting those figures made in Japan.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
What would be your No. 4's?
My personal list would be
1. Shantae
2. Banjo and Kazooie
3. Either Geno or Isaac
4. (and this is my dream meme team character) a TF2 rep. For the basis that I'm a Valve ****boi. And that I want to just see an alternative timeline where this somehow happens.
What I want and what is likely are two very different things.
Top 4 Wants:
1. Shantae
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Paper Mario
4. Joker (Persona 5)

Top 4 Expected (and also hopeful/realistic picks that haven't been leaked):
1. Shantae
2. Isaac
3. Geno
4. Bandana Dee

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Well, I'd actually have to try pretty hard to come up with 4 Newcomers I'd really want.
I want Shantae, but after that, I'd say I am all set.

Oh well, I'll try.

1. Shantae (duh)
2. Octoling
3. Terra Branford
4. Liquid Snake/Liquid Ocelot

The last two are reaching.
I really don't have many wishes. ^^;

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, I'd actually have to try pretty hard to come up with 4 Newcomers I'd really want.
I want Shantae, but after that, I'd say I am all set.

Oh well, I'll try.

1. Shantae (duh)
2. Octoling
3. Terra Branford
4. Liquid Snake/Liquid Ocelot

The last two are reaching.
I really don't have many wishes. ^^;
There are a lot of characters I still want in Smash like: Banjo-Kazooie, Shantae, Geno, Dixie Kong, Krystal, ect. But for me, nobody else would be on the level of Ridley and K. Rool except for Goemon.

Last edited:
Curiosity I guess. I thought it was cool seeing how there's still a LOT of Shantae supporters there even though she's so hated on 4chan. Anyway it turned into an all-out flame war between Shantae, Quote, & Commander Video supporters that defies logic with how stupid some of them were being. One guy kept insisting that the only reason the Shantae series succeeded is because of Cave Story despite Shantae existing a full 2 years before Cave Story.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
There are a lot of characters I still want in Smash like: Banjo-Kazooie, Shantae, Geno, Dixie Kong, Krystal, ect. But for me, nobody else would be on the level of Ridley and K. Rool except for Goemon.
Well, I don't.
The only realistic wishes I still have left are Shantae for a unique Character and maybe Octolings for an Echo.
But otherwise, I am completely satisfied with what we got.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, I don't.
The only realistic wishes I still have left are Shantae for a unique Character and maybe Octolings for an Echo.
But otherwise, I am completely satisfied with what we got.
Same here. I've waited 17 years for both K. Rool and Ridley, so I can rest now that they're in. So I'm satisfied with what we got regardless.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
My top 4 characters I want in are:
1. Shantae
2. Issac
3. Shadow
4. Octolings

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Mine are

1.Shantae
2.Lip
3.KOS-MOS
4.Banjo-Kazooie
5.Marina Liteyears

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Same here. I've waited 17 years for both K. Rool and Ridley, so I can rest now that they're in. So I'm satisfied with what we got regardless.
isn't that the opposite of what you've been saying.
First you say you still want many characters in and now you don't? oO

But yeah, talking about some popular picks, if I am allowed to...
- Issac
Never played Golden Sun, nor do I have any interest in it.
Props to the fans of Issac, if he makes it in.
Personally though, I don't really care.

- Geno
I played Super Mario RPG before and it was a fun game.
But I don't care about Geno nearly as much as other people do.
He is a good character, don't get me wrong.
And I am sure he would be fun to play in Smash.
But I am indifferent about his inclusion.

- Banjo-Kazooie
I grew up with their games on the N64. So I know how amazing they are.
And yet, I don't care enough for them anymore.
So again, indifferent.

- Dixie Kong
She's a good character, don't get me wrong.
Though she doesn't strike me as the most important Donkey Kong Character.
Well, she is certainly above the other Kongs, that aren't Donkey or Diddy.
But I dunno...

- Krystal
She would've been fun actually.
But she is an AT now, I am ok with it.

- Shadow
Honestly, I will never get why people like Dark Sonic so much.
Maybe it's because I am an artist, but I just can't stand characters being a mere palette swap of an already existing character.
It's so uncreative...
That said, I'm not against his inclusion at all. I'd love to tear him apart with Ridley.

- Waddle Dee
I am confused as to why a regular enemy should be a character. o_O
But oh well, the more the merrier, I guess?

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
By the by, I've seen stage predictions for the supposed last 5 and I'll throw my 2 cents in on it.

1. Risky's Ship traveling stage(Scuttle Town, Mermaid Falls, Risky's Hideout backgrounds with Shantae's friends, the Giga Mermaid, and Tinkerbats in each area, with Risky as a stage hazard/boss).
2. Either Alolan Pokemon League or Poke Floats 2.
3. A stage inspired by Golden Sun.
4. I guess a Super Mario RPG stage? I don't know much about the game, so I can't point to an iconic location for it.
5. The Monster Hunter stage that virtually everyone making these lists forgets is more or less confirmed.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
By the by, I've seen stage predictions for the supposed last 5 and I'll throw my 2 cents in on it.

1. Risky's Ship traveling stage(Scuttle Town, Mermaid Falls, Risky's Hideout backgrounds with Shantae's friends, the Giga Mermaid, and Tinkerbats in each area, with Risky as a stage hazard/boss).
2. Either Alolan Pokemon League or Poke Floats 2.
3. A stage inspired by Golden Sun.
4. I guess a Super Mario RPG stage? I don't know much about the game, so I can't point to an iconic location for it.
5. The Monster Hunter stage that virtually everyone making these lists forgets is more or less confirmed.
Well, looks like I've got my morning off to a bad, double posting start.

Thanks. :(

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Oops...and I'm off to a roaring start. This is what happens when you post the thoughts in your head as soon as you wake up. Sorry Dylly.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Bolo kind of see's Shantae as a sister figure, so I don't know if he'd particularly even want to...

He'd much rather Risky or Rotty.

i swear to god if he touches her...
Aw c'mon. He's probably the only person other than Shantae that's ever stood up for Rotty, and NOT because of his usual lusting.

The reason he initially objects to Rottytops entering Shantae's mind to help seems more like he's speaking on Shantae's behalf more so than his own beliefs, a surprisingly reasonable assumption coming from and given the shaky history between the two ladies. Near the end he comes clean with his reasoning, admitting he always believed in Rottytop's loyalty towards Shantae (heck, he's even the one who kicks off the confession session!), which he reiterates before the fight with Nega-Shantae.

Of course, there's nothing going on between them at present since they've gone separate ways, but I could see it working. Maybe there could even be a joke about his brain being unappetizing due to his dim-witted nature, thus allowing him to safely coexist with zombies.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Aw c'mon. He's probably the only person other than Shantae that's ever stood up for Rotty, and NOT because of his usual lusting.

The reason he initially objects to Rottytops entering Shantae's mind to help seems more like he's speaking on Shantae's behalf more so than his own beliefs, a surprisingly reasonable assumption coming from and given the shaky history between the two ladies. Near the end he comes clean with his reasoning, admitting he always believed in Rottytop's loyalty towards Shantae (heck, he's even the one who kicks off the confession session!), which he reiterates before the fight with Nega-Shantae.

Of course, there's nothing going on between them at present since they've gone separate ways, but I could see it working. Maybe there could even be a joke about his brain being unappetizing due to his dim-witted nature, thus allowing him to safely coexist with zombies.
Okay.
Everything that I say seems to be falsified very quickly. This is all going splendidly.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Okay.
Everything that I say seems to be falsified very quickly. This is all going splendidly.
I can't falsify anything that you don't give. Namely, reasons.

And if you strongly believe in your opinion, don't let one person disagreeing with you crumble it.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Something that I just thought of: Shantae would definitely need (minor) censoring if she makes it in.

My reasoning for this comes from the japan Smash site. There the game is rated “A”, the equivalent of E and the lower E10. In Japan, Shantae has always had a “B” rating, the equivalent of the upper E10 and T.

So hypothetically speaking, some censoring would need to happen for Shantae to make it in. Or I could just be rambling off whatever I find interesting.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Great. So, I don't post at all.
This is the best morning of my life, this is.
Dylly, I'd like to direct you to Simpsons episode "Beyond Blunderdome". In it Mel Gibson releases a film preview to glowing praise, but because he obsesses over one person's (dishonest) negative opinion, he lets said person (Homer) single-handedly ruin the movie. He assumed everyone else was lying to him about the state of the movie because they didn't want to hurt his feelings. Is that how you feel?

I'm not one to beat around the bush no matter who I'm dealing with, if I see something that I disagree with that I can reasonably argue, I will. Doesn't mean I don't like the person I'm arguing with. And whether or not I or anyone else is arguing in bad faith, the opinion that should matter the most to you is your own. Nobody else should be the final judge on how you should feel about yourself. This pessimism I see from you, based on feedback from everyone around you, seems largely self-inflicted. Do you want to keep living like that?

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Dylly, I'd like to direct you to Simpsons episode "Beyond Blunderdome". In it Mel Gibson releases a film preview to glowing praise, but because he obsesses over one person's (dishonest) negative opinion, he lets said person (Homer) single-handedly ruin the movie. He assumed everyone else was lying to him about the state of the movie because they didn't want to hurt his feelings. Is that how you feel?

I'm not one to beat around the bush no matter who I'm dealing with, if I see something that I disagree with that I can reasonably argue, I will. Doesn't mean I don't like the person I'm arguing with. And whether or not I or anyone else is arguing in bad faith, the opinion that should matter the most to you is your own. Nobody else should be the final judge on how you should feel about yourself. This pessimism I see from you, based on feedback from everyone around you, seems largely self-inflicted. Do you want to keep living like that?
No, I don't. :(
I've seen so much hurt in my life, that my mind immediately jumps to the worst scenario, because that's usually how things go for me.

I should really stop talking about my feelings here, this is a gaming forum after all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So in that interview with the amino part.......dose that mean that there is no smash amiibo for shantae

The podcast was taken on January this year

Shadowknight1

I will say this for Rottytops and Bolo. They didn't lie to Shantae and send her all the way around the world(so to speak) in the wrong direction. :p

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
So in that interview with the amino part.......dose that mean that there is no smash amiibo for shantae

I think so. It looks like the Shantae equivalent of "Shovel Knight has a 0.1% chance of actually getting in". :nervous:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That actually sounds kind of ideal for me. I'm naturally nocturnal myself, so I have to fight against my natural impulses to try and conform to an average human life... I miss the night...
At least I manage to sleep peacefully and normally. Then again, my schedule back in my high school days have conditioned me to do that.

Hello! :D <3
How are you doing?
Oi, doing well.

A bit off-subject, but Flying Tiger Entertainment are releasing a brand-new Data East property game next week on the eshop, Heavy Burger, might be cool. What an age we live in.

Wouldn't put much stock into it, given that the Smash amiibo restocks imply they didn't even start making any new ones yet.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Something that I just thought of: Shantae would definitely need (minor) censoring if she makes it in.

My reasoning for this comes from the japan Smash site. There the game is rated “A”, the equivalent of E and the lower E10. In Japan, Shantae has always had a “B” rating, the equivalent of the upper E10 and T.

So hypothetically speaking, some censoring would need to happen for Shantae to make it in. Or I could just be rambling off whatever I find interesting.
But what about these then ? They're even more revealing
1538316469997.jpeg

1538316484306.jpeg

EDIT : The age limit from Shantae games may not be based on Shantae herself but on other characters ( ex : the Mermaid queen for HGH )

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
View attachment 167324
View attachment 167325

EDIT : The age limit from Shantae games may not be based on Shantae herself but on other characters ( ex : the Mermaid queen for HGH )
To be fair we aren't even sure if those are still in the game. But I hope they are. Plus I think Shantae's rating is higher due to a lot of things, not just shantae. Shantae herself in smash I don't think will raise the rating

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
To be fair we aren't even sure if those are still in the game. But I hope they are. Plus I think Shantae's rating is higher due to a lot of things, not just shantae. Shantae herself in smash I don't think will raise the rating
Actually, we know that boxer Shulk is still in. It appeared in Shulk showcase on the Ultimate website.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
View attachment 167324
View attachment 167325

Age ratings are dumb.
In the first Shantae game, Risky delivers the line "I'll slice you to bits and dance on your runny innards!".

Yup, that sounds like an E rated game to me...

Last edited:
Top Bottom