• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
There has been some talk about Steve being announced in Smash Ultimate at Minecon tomorrow.

I doubt it would happen at that conversion.

What do you think?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Honestly I don't think we're going to see character announcements outside of Nintendo Directs. Not ruling it out, but I don't think it's very likely.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
There has been some talk about Steve being announced in Smash Ultimate at Minecon tomorrow.

I doubt it would happen at that conversion.

What do you think?
I feel quite bad for Minecraft actually. It's a good game.

But it was tarnished by Microsoft, and then torn to pieces by hordes of little squeaky children, until it became the butt of so many jokes.

Anyways, as much as it would suck balls, I could see Steve being announced as a fighter at Minecon, but it's very unlikely. Although, I think either a Minecraft assist trophy or stage would be pretty cool to announce there, since they aren't as big an announcement as a fighter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Please no Steve if he’s in instead of her I have to cancel my preorder

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Please no Steve if he’s in instead of her I have to cancel my preorder
Damn!

That just made me remember that I preordered the game ages ago! Looks like my parents who have only played Angry Birds and Wii Fit, are going to be getting Smash Ultimate for just themselves. Oh no...

(I also found this today. Made me happy to hear.)

Last edited:

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the way he looks and I've never played Minecraft, but I don't think we should be bringing a fandom down.
Let's be happy for others if he does get in. Let's think of ways he can improve the game or possible ways he could exist in it. What could be a potential moveset for him?

DerErlenkonig

Smash Cadet
I don't like the way he looks and I've never played Minecraft, but I don't think we should be bringing a fandom down.
Let's be happy for others if he does get in. Let's think of ways he can improve the game or possible ways he could exist in it. What could be a potential moveset for him?
I'm very much of the opinion Steve shouldn't be a fighter at all, but I think a stage and/or AT is totally warranted. It's a huge and historic game and deserves some level of content.

Swade

Smash Apprentice
I agree with this. I may not be a big fan, or even on the train for Steve, but I'm not gonna drag a fandom down because of one character.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Steve isn't a character I want, but I wouldn't be upset if he got in as I think Minecraft is iconic enough a game to warrant the recognition. That said, I more or less mirror DerErlenkonig's sentiment in that I believe a stage and possibly AT to go with it would be better suited. I pretty much feel the same way about Undertale and even Monster Hunter which, at least so far, appears to have been given that very treatment. MH is in the game, but represented through what the series is better known for; a monster, in this case Rathalos, and a location, the Ancestral Steppe.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Nothing about her dialogue implies that she believes that, though. Only that her plan was ruined, which is true whether the genie realm was destroyed or purified. Maybe in the next game she'll take a backseat to one of those "greater threats" the genies are supposedly protecting Sequin Land from...
There might’ve been a chance I got mixed up with the ending of Risky’s Revenge and Risky’s dialogue after the final boss, whoops

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I'm very much of the opinion Steve shouldn't be a fighter at all, but I think a stage and/or AT is totally warranted. It's a huge and historic game and deserves some level of content.
Yeah, it would make sense for Minecraft to have at least some form of representation, though I would still prefer Banjo and Kazooie pay their dues first before Minecraft comes into the fray.

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice
Not really false since anyone who SUPPORTS the character of Shantae and WayForward in general have Pirate's Curse. With me I bought that game 3 times(3DS, WII U and Switch). Bought Half Genie Hero 4 times(Digital and Physical on WII U, bought Digital on Switch and the Ultimate Edition on Switch).

Even if you only bought a game ONCE that is enough to show support. So don't come here telling us that not all Shantae supporters don't have Pirate's Curse(especially when that game is one of the best of the series when it comes to gameplay).
I mean I literally don't own and haven't played the game so there......I clicked on the spoiler anyway and that was def news to me. And it's decidedly unchill to draw lines between who SUPPORTS Shantae the most and who doesn't. If you're such a big supporter of Shantae you should be trying to introduce people to the games not ****ting on people who haven't played them all yet or haven't bought as many copies of them as you.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
rotty3.gif
Daily rottytops dance to make you sway back and forth

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I mean I literally don't own and haven't played the game so there......I clicked on the spoiler anyway and that was def news to me. And it's decidedly unchill to draw lines between who SUPPORTS Shantae the most and who doesn't. If you're such a big supporter of Shantae you should be trying to introduce people to the games not ****ting on people who haven't played them all yet or haven't bought as many copies of them as you.
So you don't support her at all then. I literally said "Shantae fans/supporters". At best you might as well be a Shantae …..what is the word for not friends they use in a joke?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
So you don't support her at all then. I literally said "Shantae fans/supporters". At best you might as well be a Shantae …..what is the word for not friends they use in a joke?
And why if I may ask are you suddenly the arbiter of who can and cannot support Shantae?

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Update on "that subject". The trend has gotten from over 1.4 million 2 days ago, now it has over 100 MILLION!!

Yeah, Nintendo is sitting on a literal gold mine.
Wait, over 100 million?! Dang... I'd be surprised if Nintendo doesn't try to use the Bowsette/Super Crown craze to their advantage in some fo-
Well guys it seems "that subject" was actually thought up by Nintendo themselves. Yep.....so yeah "that subject" has literally gone beyond time and space.

WELP.

*Ahem* Back to Shantae, am I the only one who wants an alt color for her that's inspired by Shahra from Sonic & the Secret Rings?

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
And why if I may ask are you suddenly the arbiter of who can and cannot support Shantae?
I mean how do you know they are supporter for real? Remember that time someone pretended to be one not to long but then trolled us after some "damaging evidence"?

Basically I want people who support Shantae to show they DO support Shantae and not just wall of text. I didn't support Isabelle so I didn't pretend to be one over in her boards before she was revealed. I came here because I played the games and I understood why Shantae should be in Ultimate(or in Smash in general). Basically a none supporter should act like the Issac supporters come here and wish us luck. Easy concept to understand.

Last edited:

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice

Well I am on the support list, and anyway this isn't the Shantae fan website, this is a smash forum, I didn't join this website for Shantae and I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed her because of Smash wpeculation or who has recently become a fan. I'm not really butthurt about this or about the spoiler but crap like this is what leads Shantae fans geting so much flack around the internet

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
*Ahem* Back to Shantae, am I the only one who wants an alt color for her that's inspired by Shahra from Sonic & the Secret Rings?
Huh, interesting.

As much as I dislike that game, her design is pretty cool, and she's a genie after all. I did think about how similar the two characters were at one point too.
That's a good idea. :)

I mean how do you know they are supporter for real? Remember that time someone pretended to be one not to long but then trolled us after some "damaging evidence"?

Basically I want people who support Shantae to show they DO support Shantae and not just wall of text. I didn't support Isabelle so I didn't pretend to be one over in her boards before she was revealed. I came here because I played the games and I understood why Shantae should be in Ultimate(or in Smash in general). Basically a none supporter should act like the Issac supporters come here and wish us luck. Easy concept to understand.
This is the most pointless bickering ever.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312

Except your logic is extremely flawed. Just because someone hasn't played the game doesn't mean they can't have interest in the character. What if someone never played the games, but watched several LPs of the title? What if they're at least aware enough to know what she's about and find her as an interesting character to bring to the table?

Just because someone trolled you in the past doesn't mean you need to gate keep people from showing interest. That's literally all that's happening right now. Potential newcomers to the series going "Hey, that looks fun and interesting. I'd like to see her get in." If they try the series in the meantime then great, but they aren't barred from just liking/being interested in something.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord

A supporter should be someone who wants the character in Smash. Maybe someone didn't get the opportunity to buy and/or play the games (I still have yet to beat PC and most of the HGH DLC. Also, I decided I wanted her in Smash before getting any of her games). It works both ways: some people want the character because they liked the games, and others play the games because they want the characters.

And also, assuming you're talking about me, I never said I was being a troll. While I will admit I was being a bit too forceful (and still can be) about my pessimism, being a pessimist should not mean that you aren't a supporter of the character. I still have done what I could to support the character, such as contributing to the spreadsheet with all of the evidence.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Well I am on the support list, and anyway this isn't the Shantae fan website, this is a smash forum, I didn't join this website for Shantae and I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed her because of Smash wpeculation or who has recently become a fan. I'm not really butthurt about this or about the spoiler but crap like this is what leads Shantae fans geting so much flack around the internet
Yeah and guess who else was on the supporter list? The trolls.

Except your logic is extremely flawed. Just because somone hasn't played the game doesn't mean they can't have interest in the character. What if someone never played the games, but watched several LPs of the title? What if they're at least aware enough to know what she's about and find her as an interesting character to bring to the table?

Just because someone trolled you in the past doesn't mean you need to gate keep people from showing interest. That's literally all that's happening right now. Potential newcomers to the series going "Hey, that looks fun and interesting. I'd like to see her get in." If they try the series in the meantime then great, but the aren't barred from just liking/being interested in something.
If someone never played the games then either they need to buy it or they will become eventual trolls as it has happened here already(I do not need to remind you guys of it with the Gamefaqs user infiltration).
Yeah the same sentence the trolls used. I will accept the "hey guys your character should be in Smash Ultimate" but I will not call them "supporters". Supporters show support to WayForward like 99.99% of the boards here. Any person who said they support a character without even playing their game(s) will only be looked at(by me) with suspicion. Because after that event over a hundred posts ago I will not simply trust anyone on here that says "I support Shantae put me on the list" without even playing at least ONE game. Oh and just to show I am not a "wall of text" person myself here is my evidence that I support the character and WayForward:

There you go. You can trust me when I say that I am a Shantae Supporter.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
He’s right let’s all calm down and talk about why Nintendo made a bad move with the super crown.

Also sans has been leaked for smash
LOL Man I love the joke. I needed that to calm me down.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
He’s right let’s all calm down and talk about why Nintendo made a bad move with the super crown.

Also sans has been leaked for smash
"Let's calm down and talk about how SANS has been leaked for Smash."

(5 short minutes later)

"Oh Hollywood you dirty son of a ***** you really believe this leak? Bugger off you troll!"

"WE'RE ALL DOOMED!"

"Hey you, I bet you were never a real Shantae Supporter were you? Yellowlord, remove him from the supporter list!"

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Yeah and guess who else was on the supporter list? The trolls.

If someone never played the games then either they need to buy it or they will become eventual trolls as it has happened here already(I do not need to remind you guys of it with the Gamefaqs user infiltration).
Yeah the same sentence the trolls used. I will accept the "hey guys your character should be in Smash Ultimate" but I will not call them "supporters". Supporters show support to WayForward like 99.99% of the boards here. Any person who said they support a character without even playing their game(s) will only be looked at(by me) with suspicion. Because after that event over a hundred posts ago I will not simply trust anyone on here that says "I support Shantae put me on the list" without even playing at least ONE game. Oh and just to show I am not a "wall of text" person myself here is my evidence that I support the character and WayForward:

There you go. You can trust me when I say that I am a Shantae Supporter.
You do realize someone who bought, played and enjoyed Shantae could just as easily want her in Smash but choose to troll people online because that's just how they are right? And on the flip side, not everyone who bought and played Shantae is big enough a fan to want her in Smash. Some people who played the game might even dislike her after the fact if they didn't enjoy it.

You can be paranoid if you want I guess, but it doesn't help your case and potentially drives away people interested in becoming supporters/fans of Shantae.

Last edited:
Top Bottom