• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
so would this be a bad time to admit that I've barely played any of Shantae's games? I've played like... the first world of Pirates curse, and I haven't touched Half-Genie Hero, even though I both backed the kickstarter (lost my code), and bought the Ultimate edition. I do in fact "support" her (I'm already on the support list.), I'm just not a very proactive supporter.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I'm not sure where this opinion comes from liger, but I hope you can be more open, because I doubt others feel like you do, and I'd love for things to be as open as they can to invite new supporters, regardless of whether they use money or not :)
I wont comment more on that for now.

So.. moving on. I didn't know about the minecon, i might watch it just for fun, but im not expecting anything smash related :)
it's a cool game, so no hate :)
I was open back then. But nope, I won't be burned twice. I learn from history so that I won't have to repeat it

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
so would this be a bad time to admit that I've barely played any of Shantae's games? I've played like... the first world of Pirates curse, and I haven't touched Half-Genie Hero, even though I both backed the kickstarter (lost my code), and bought the Ultimate edition. I do in fact "support" her (I'm already on the support list.), I'm just not a very proactive supporter.
Well as a backer you at least shown some support in making Half Genie Hero a reality so you are indeed a supporter. I wished I could have had the ability back then to back HGH during the kickstarter page but I was too late.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I updated my post to match yours ;)
I also have this shantae gif, but im not sure where it's from and sometimes it doesnt work right.

tumblr_inline_o05lpli3Dc1s70z6q_540.gif

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
You mean the rated G movie? Great point.
Shantae can totally fit in an E10+ game. Check out our beloved Marina
chrome_2018-04-19_00-08-23.png

She's wearing just about as much as Shantae is and Nintendo sees fit to let her dance around onstage in an E10+ game too, not to mention her Octo Expansion outfit which was even more revealing. Plus Nintendo could just edit Shantae's design if he deems it too sexy for Smash.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
You mean the rated G movie? Great point.
We've been through this trite already.

Bayonetta is in Smash, despite her being in an M-rated series.
Krystal is wearing her Adventures outfit as an AT in Smash, which was from a game rated T.
Most of Shantae's games are already rated E10+ (the only exceptions is her most recent game being rated T, due to the Giga Mermaid boss, and the original gameboy game which was just rated E).

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
To chime in on the "Supporter" subject.

I haven't played every Shantae game yet.
I only played the original Shantae and Half-Genie Hero.
Does that immediately disqualify me as a supporter?
Sorry, but I really think this is boll.

I support Shantae, because I love her as a character and I want to see her in Smash.
My knowledge about the series might not be complete.
But that doesn't prevent me from loving the character.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Minecraft?

909A7694-EA65-4FF6-AF4C-260415289C0A.jpeg

Obligatory, just obligatory, I’m just surprised I managed to sketch this out enough
before when went past this page. And yes this was the same sheet I drew this on:
03264092-E6D0-4DCA-A296-DF8D84763C67.jpeg

Congrats on 300 pages everyone!!

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
To chime in on the "Supporter" subject.

I haven't played every Shantae game yet.
I only played the original Shantae and Half-Genie Hero.
Does that immediately disqualify me as a supporter?
Sorry, but I really think this is boll.

I support Shantae, because I love her as a character and I want to see her in Smash.
My knowledge about the series might not be complete.
But that doesn't prevent me from loving the character.
You played Shantae games so yeah you can be a supporter. My whole point is people calling themselves "supporters of Shantae" without playing ANY of the Shantae games. That would be like calling myself "Isabelle supporter" but had never played New Leaf or any AC game that featured her in.

Any way back to the celebration.

#ShantaeForSmash

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
So let's see if people paid attention(sott). What came first the bat or the Harpie(HGH quiz)?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You played Shantae games so yeah you can be a supporter. My whole point is people calling themselves "supporters of Shantae" without playing ANY of the Shantae games. That would be like calling myself "Isabelle supporter" but had never played New Leaf or any AC game that featured her in.

#ShantaeForSmash
I wasn't going to comment more on it, but Please dont tell people they can or cant call themselves supporters. You're entitled to your opinion but you dont speak for everyone on this thread.

Alright. moving on to more ease if possible :)

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord

#ShantaeForSmash
You can still love and support a character, even if you played none of their games.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
You can still love and support a character, even if you played none of their games.
That be loving someone you do not even know. That is one of the things the people at those "other sites" make fun of us for.

There is a reason why they used the "You only like her because she is sexy" argument against us. That argument is the tamed version though. Some "P" words were also thrown around by them. Which is why IMO everyone should at least have played a Shantae game so that people would not put us in that category.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
That be loving someone you do not even know. That is one of the things the people at those "other sites" make fun of us for.

There is a reason why they used the "You only like her because she is sexy" argument against us. That argument is the tamed version though. Some "P" words were also thrown around by them. Which is why IMO everyone should at least have played a Shantae game so that people would not put us in that category.
Segregation?

Oh boy.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey

And yet you care about people throwing words around haphazardly, even if one of the best options is to just ignore them?
I think you care too much about her. And this is coming from a tin foil man who wants to see her get in.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord

You seriously think anything can be done about what haters think of us?
No matter what we do, they will hate. Nothing we can do about it.

And are you seriously comparing fictional characters to real people?
Like with real people, I get the "Loving, but not knowing" argument.
(But that still happens a lot, so it's rather moot anyways)

With fictional characters though, it's a different ball game.
People can love a character for their asthetics, for looking like an interesting character, for their personality or the quality of their games.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312

Who cares about what a couple of petty jerks on other sites say? Why should that dictate how we do things here?

What about people that have seen an LP of a Shantae game and liked it, but still haven't gotten around to playing it? What about people who are aware of who she is and just like the concept behind her? Why should their like and support not be counted? And bringing up what I said earlier; none of what you're doing does anything to deter trolls so what's the point when there's a bigger chance you'll drive people away?

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Segregation?

Oh boy.
That isn't segregation. That is prevention of the stereotypical view of the Shantae Supporters. You've seen GameFaqs, you know that is just thing they would say to us fans. I just don't want us to be view in a generalizing way. They will still say stuff like that but at least they won't have grounds for it at all.

EDIT: I just don't want them to have ANY credit in what they are saying. Especially in this day and age where one wrong statement can ruin someone's life as a whole.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
That isn't segregation. That is prevention of the stereotypical view of the Shantae Supporters. You've seen GameFaqs, you know that is just thing they would say to us fans. I just don't want us to be view in a generalizing way. They will still say stuff like that but at least they won't have grounds for it at all.
So to gain favor with people on gamefaqs you don't even like and know will dismiss us anyway you're going to generalize users that come to our thread? This accomplishes what exactly? You're going to gate keep and generalize others as potential trolls to avoid being generalized by trolls? What?

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
So to gain favor with people on gamefaqs you don't even like and know will dismiss us anyway you're going to generalize users that come to our thread? This accomplishes what exactly? You're going to gate keep and generalize others as potential trolls to avoid being generalized by trolls? What?
It's basically prevented measures. We don't give them ANY ammo whatsoever. Let them make fun of us all they want but everyone will see that what they say is BS.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
[...]
EDIT: I just don't want them to have ANY credit in what they are saying. Especially in this day and age where one wrong statement can ruin someone's life as a whole.
I get what you're saying.
But you must realize, that this is an act in futility.

It doesn't matter what Shantae Fans do, Haters gonna hate regardless.
Thing is that the meaning of words can be easily twisted around, which is exactly what haters will do to serve their own agenda.
You can't reason with them. Their mind is made.
Anything reasonable you have to say to the contrary will fall upon deaf ears.

They hate for the sake of hating, and they will do anything to do it.
Twist around words, make up stuff, intentionally misinterpret things, you name it.

Top Bottom