• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
It's basically prevented measures. We don't give them ANY ammo whatsoever. Let them make fun of us all they want but everyone will see that what they say is BS.
If you understand that they're going to continue to mock us, then you're preventative measures are wholly unnecessary, because no matter what we do and say, if they've already decided that they're going to be like that, then they'll continue to do so. (Forgive the run on sentence.)

I'm sorry if I've sounded harsh these last few pages and I get you're trying to come from a well meaning place, but it's not going to accomplish anything but divide actual Shantae supporters which is kind of the opposite of what we're trying to do you know?

You have nothing to prove to them and shouldn't feel obligated to do so. Let them say what they will. If it's uninformed generalizations and trolling, why should it matter to us?

Last edited:

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Just gonna put this out here. I never played even a little bit of Shantae before this nor did I really care all that much about the franchise before all this. I hopped on the Shantae train because I love taking part in Smash speculation, and there has been no speculation ride as crazy or fun as Shantae's! Plus I always approach potential newcomers from a "How fun would this character be to play?" perspective and from all the gameplay footage I've seen online Shantae has a wealth of cool moveset options to choose from that would make her a very enjoyable character to play as. I've never played Xenoblade or cared about who Shulk was but once I finally played him he instantly became my main just because of how much fun I have playing him with his stance gimmick.

I don't have a lot of pocket change on me. I only purchase around two (maybe three if I'm lucky) games a year, one for my birthday and one for Christmas, and only after waiting a year or two so I could pick them up for only 30 or 20 bucks. Shantae's games have always fallen under the radar for me but honestly the more research I do on Shantae's games and the more invested I get in the insanity of Smash speculation the more it makes me want to play them. I'm thinking maybe for Christmas I'll try to pick up Half Genie Hero, I absolutely love the beautiful cartoony/anime art style.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Wow, this thing is really stretching out now. I wonder if it'll ever end. Maybe I'll just go to the Winchester, and wait for all of this to blow over...

I think the last few pages of this thread would fit perfectly in this book:

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Just gonna put this out here. I never played even a little bit of Shantae before this nor did I really care all that much about the franchise before all this. I hopped on the Shantae train because I love taking part in Smash speculation, and there has been no speculation ride as crazy or fun as Shantae's! Plus I always approach potential newcomers from a "How fun would this character be to play?" perspective and from all the gameplay footage I've seen online Shantae has a wealth of cool moveset options to choose from that would make her a very enjoyable character to play as. I've never played Xenoblade or cared about who Shulk was but once I finally played him he instantly became my main just because of how much fun I have playing him with his stance gimmick.

I don't have a lot of pocket change on me. I only purchase around two (maybe three if I'm lucky) games a year, one for my birthday and one for Christmas, and only after waiting a year or two so I could pick them up for only 30 or 20 bucks. Shantae's games have always fallen under the radar for me but honestly the more research I do on Shantae's games and the more invested I get in the insanity of Smash speculation the more it makes me want to play them. I'm thinking maybe for Christmas I'll try to pick up Half Genie Hero, I absolutely love the beautiful cartoony/anime art style.
At least you are willing to TRY her games later on. Just as a suggestion do NOT comment on gamefaqs. Be the silent supporter like a certain real life person who thanks to the silent majority we were saved from a definitive WW3.

Anyway back to the celebration. Why don't we all state our first knowledge of our favorite Half Genie Hero, Shantae.

In the spirit of being fair I will start.

It was back when Risky's Revenge was released on the E-shop and I was bored out of my life. Once I got the game it really lifted my spirits from the depression I suffered after my grandmother passed away. Shantae was like a beacon of hope with her quirks and great gameplay mechanics. So right then and there I became a fan. Once I saw that people wanted her in Smash 4 I decided I too wanted to be a supporter so I joined the bandwagon and I have not regretted it since. The game series reminded me of the good old times when my entire family would enjoy the simple things. We talked about life and what we did during the days. Nowadays we barely interact anymore. But thanks to Shantae I was able to speak with all of you here and am glad to be part of this family.

Sorry if I acted like being overprotective but I just wanted those who come here to experience Shantae for themselves so that they too can see for themselves why we love our Half Genie Hero.

Sorry if I sounded a bit corny but that is my true feelings on the matter.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Funnily enough I first found out about Shantae when I used to lurk on the Nintendo boards of IGN during the very early Smash 4 speculation days iirc. Like, before we even got the announcement, the thread just happened to exist because of course it did. People are always speculating on the next potential Smash.

Eventually I got Risky's Revenge. Played it, loved it. Then Pirate's Curse. Loved that one even more. Then the original (I actually still haven't finished it yet since I haven't touched my 3DS in a while...)

Now I just have to play Half-Genie Hero. I own the Ultimate Edition, I just don't have a Switch yet...

So I found Shantae because of Smash and now I want her in Smash. Overall, Smash seems to somehow tie into a lot of other things even if only very loosely. Well for me at least, I discovered most of Nintendo's vast library of series and characters due to Smash in the first place.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
At least you are willing to TRY her games later on. Just as a suggestion do NOT comment on gamefaqs. Be the silent supporter like a certain real life person who thanks to the silent majority we were saved from a definitive WW3.

Anyway back to the celebration. Why don't we all state our first knowledge of our favorite Half Genie Hero, Shantae.

In the spirit of being fair I will start.

It was back when Risky's Revenge was released on the E-shop and I was bored out of my life. Once I got the game it really lifted my spirits from the depression I suffered after my grandmother passed away. Shantae was like a beacon of hope with her quirks and great gameplay mechanics. So right then and there I became a fan. Once I saw that people wanted her in Smash 4 I decided I too wanted to be a supporter so I joined the bandwagon and I have not regretted it since. The game series reminded me of the good old times when my entire family would enjoy the simple things. We talked about life and what we did during the days. Nowadays we barely interact anymore. But thanks to Shantae I was able to speak with all of you here and am glad to be part of this family.

Sorry if I acted like being overprotective but I just wanted those who come here to experience Shantae for themselves so that they too can see for themselves why we love our Half Genie Hero.

Sorry if I sounded a bit corny but that is my true feelings on the matter.
I played my first Shantae game not that long ago, only 2014 in fact.

Which was around the time when my mental health began to collapse, so I can blame Shantae for all of the terrible things that I have done in the past 4 years.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Well your name is Mrs. Milky... I'm very non-observant.

I'll try to eat some potato salad today. :)
I don't know if I'll be able to obtain any though, this isn't the ideal place for potato salad unfortunately.
Even if you can't eat it today, make sure to get a good dose of it when you do

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I want Shantae holding a Pokeball in Smash

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Hey guys, did I miss some interesting information lately ? :D

I saw you talk about Steve a lot lately, is there a reason ? ( aside from the Vergeben leak )

Waiting for any new smash info like

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Last edited:

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Hey guys, did I miss some interesting information lately ? :D

I saw you talk about Steve a lot lately, is there a reason ? ( aside from the Vergeben leak )

Waiting for any new smash info like
I presume it's because MineCon is taking place tomorrow and quite a few people are expecting some kind of Smash content to be announced.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Shantae + Super Crown =

Great work huh?
EDIT: View attachment 167086
I kind of find it funny that all the Super Crown versions of the baddies and such tend to have pointed ears in a lot of the fanart, but Shantae naturally has them anyway so that still ends up being a consistent thing.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If there's anything Nintendo at Minecon, it'll probably be a Zelda DLC pack

That said, keep an eye out for if any Nintendo related twitter accounts post about it.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Shantae + Super Crown =

Great work huh?
EDIT: View attachment 167086
HaHA! Now that's the brightest timeline of this meme!
Though having some blue in her eyes would make it slightly better, not even Peach's blue, but Shantae's normal blue

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That would suck.

I would have to buy "Minecraft" just so I could still have a complete Zelda collection. :(
Did you buy Soul Calibur 2 on GC for Link ?
That's what I did.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Did you buy Soul Calibur 2 on GC for Link ?
That's what I did.
That's the only reason I did buy it, in fact.

I've had to buy all of the Animal Crossing games, and games like Super Mario RPG (which I had to import from the States because some idiot at Square decided not to release the game in Europe!), and Skyrim for Switch, games which I wouldn't have bought otherwise, just because of Zelda.

(Also, just so I don't cause any confusion here, I do love Super Mario RPG, but I wouldn't usually import a game I wasn't able to play!)

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239

I've had to buy all of the Animal Crossing games, and games like Super Mario RPG (which I had to import from the States because some idiot at Square decided not to release the game in Europe!), and Skyrim for Switch, games which I wouldn't have bought otherwise, just because of Zelda.

(Also, just so I don't cause any confusion here, I do love Super Mario RPG, but I wouldn't usually import a game I wasn't able to play!)
So you also bought Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for the Link outfit.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Tell you what, Link may have been low tier in SC2 but he had an instant ring-out grab so he was like the CPU-slayer on most stages.

Take that story mode!

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Now, I would love to!
But in my current position, that's impossible. :(

I'm so sorry, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat potato salad again, depending on if things here go south or not.
Sorry.
Aww no need to be sad about it. I'm sure theres better foods to eat anyway! Like perhaps...something sweet?

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else feel like WayForward's general silence might be leading up to something?

No new games to announce on the horizon. No new Shantae: Half-Genie Hero updates. Mostly just fanart retweets. Hoping we get some new WayForward news soon in general but it's kinda strange how quiet they are right now.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Something tangentially related but for those who watch OneyPlays his uhh title cards for the LPs always feature the chararacter from it looking rather...messed up in some way...the only pretty much completely normal one is Shantae when they did Pirate's Curse.

Shantae OneyPlays.jpg

Like seriously look up "OneyPlays" on youtube or google and look at ANY thumbnail, Shantae is the odd outlier that just doesnt look lie a mental patient or some demon from hell.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Something tangentially related but for those who watch OneyPlays his uhh title cards for the LPs always feature the chararacter from it looking rather...messed up in some way...the only pretty much completely normal one is Shantae when they did Pirate's Curse.

View attachment 167095

Like seriously look up "OneyPlays" on youtube or google and look at ANY thumbnail, Shantae is the odd outlier that just doesnt look lie a mental patient or some demon from hell.
Good ****. Shantae lookin like "What the hell am I looking at?"

D

Deleted member

Does anyone else feel like WayForward's general silence might be leading up to something?

No new games to announce on the horizon. No new Shantae: Half-Genie Hero updates. Mostly just fanart retweets. Hoping we get some new WayForward news soon in general but it's kinda strange how quiet they are right now.
Because she’s in smash?!? Is that what your trying to say?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Let's predict, who will people draw Shantae ****ing first from the Smash roster if she gets revealed in Smash? Cause its going to happen.

Top Bottom