• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Does anyone know if she has any other roles in other games she needs to fill at the moment?

If not, then it's something we have no clue about. Hmm...

Edit: Doesn't she have a role in the new Fire Emblem game for the switch? Could this be for that?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The text says I’m wraped for this game! peace emoji
X2 muscle emoji

Wrapped what does that mean in general?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
The text says I’m wraped for this game! peace emoji
X2 muscle emoji

Wrapped what does that mean in general?
wrapped in a tinfoil hat! LOL

JK she most likely just finished recording lines for a game not related to smash. I don't think its anything to get to excited over..... unless.......

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
It could also be for the mobile Fire Emblem game (Fire Emblem Heroes) which is constantly getting new characters and Cristina voices Lachesis and Athena.

But yeah, VAs do this all the time. I remember one tweet by Ashley Johnson (Ellie in The Last of Us) posted a similar picture, and it was revealed much later it was for a guest spot on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Nickelodeon show.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
It could also be for the mobile Fire Emblem game (Fire Emblem Heroes) which is constantly getting new characters and Cristina voices Lachesis and Athena.

But yeah, VAs do this all the time. I remember one tweet by Ashley Johnson (Ellie in The Last of Us) posted a similar picture, and it was revealed much later it was for a guest spot on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Nickelodeon show.
That actually makes sense, since FE Heroes is a game that "wraps you" making you need to keep playing to get orbs and summons.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Fun fact: Probably not even Sakurai could tell if that recording studio is for Smash Bros., since it's (extremely) unlikely Cristina would record her lines for Shantae over at Sora/Nintendo HQ. VAs in video games have very little info on the games they work on (to the point sometimes they don't even know the characters they're voicing).

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Part of me is like THIS IS SMASH but another part of me is asking "if this were Smash, would it take this long for her to get voiced?"
i unno

D

Deleted member

Hey did someone state a theory when a music track is shown from a series it means that series is getting no more newcomers from that series? except for echos because sakurai doesn’t count them as new fighters.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Hey did someone state a theory when a music track is shown from a series it means that series is getting no more newcomers from that series? except for echos because sakurai doesn’t count them as new fighters.
Yeah, but it might have been debunked, because a Pokemon theme was just released. So either the music theory's going down, or Vergeben's going down.

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
I feel like she is taunting us. I feel like ALL of them are taunting us. Matt, Erin, James, Jake, Cristina, they know and they know that we know. And we know that they know that we know.

I just feel like Matt secretly gets on smashboards just to see what we are up to. It would honestly be really funny if WF saw the spreadsheet we made and were like, “shoot, they got us.” Honestly when this is all over, we need to hound them on the stuff we talked about on this page and on the spreadsheet.

D

Deleted member

Vee could of recorded for smash. I don't think its out of the realm of possibility.

Part of me is like THIS IS SMASH but another part of me is asking "if this were Smash, would it take this long for her to get voiced?"
i unno
Only thing I can think of is localization is always at least a step behind, and as smash isn't very dialog focused, the priority of getting Vee in to do the normal grunts and screams might of not been as high a priority. I'd imagine they could get pretty far in development for most characters without the VO work

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I feel like she is taunting us. I feel like ALL of them are taunting us. Matt, Erin, James, Jake, Cristina, they know and they know that we know. And we know that they know that we know.

I just feel like Matt secretly gets on smashboards just to see what we are up to. It would honestly be really funny if WF saw the spreadsheet we made and were like, “shoot, they got us.” Honestly when this is all over, we need to hound them on the stuff we talked about on this page and on the spreadsheet.
*flashbacks to when we thought there was a spy on Smashboards*

Seriously tho, if she actually does get in, I wanna know if Bozon and friends knew about all our speculation... and if there's a SPY!!!!!

THAT *Insert username here*'S A SPY!!!!!

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
*flashbacks to when we thought there was a spy on Smashboards*

Seriously tho, if she actually does get in, I wanna know if Bozon and friends knew about all our speculation... and if there's a SPY!!!!!

THAT *Insert username here*'S A SPY!!!!!
He could be in this very room. It could be you, it could be me. It could even be *BOOM*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In the tweet It has a peace sign emoji doesn’t Mario do that a lot including Luigi’peach’daisy also it has muscles and muscles are for fighting could it mean something?

Also how did this hat get on me?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord

Could this be connected? Or....

CRISTINA!? ARE YOU TRYING TO TOY WITH US!??!?

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
It’s funny how this thread turned out. It started as a simple support thread and then turned into fans becoming full on detectives, stalking a group of people to hopefully figure out a mystery that we believe has been left by WF for us to solve.... i liked how this thread turned out.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
It’s funny how this thread turned out. It started as a simple support thread and then turned into fans becoming full on detectives, stalking a group of people to hopefully figure out a mystery that we believe has been left by WF for us to solve.... i liked how this thread turned out.
It's a bit freaky, but okay. I actually don't know what this "Disney attraction" could be, though...

Stephano

Smash Journeyman

Could this be connected? Or....

CRISTINA!? ARE YOU TRYING TO TOY WITH US!??!?
I’ve never been so angry at a person I’ve never met before. She taunts us, she knows. I’m going to lose it.

Matt, I know you’re reading this. We are on to you, you can’t ignore us forever. We’ve done the research, we stalked the twitters, seen the photos, seen the fan art, listened to the interviews. We are on to you. We all are.....

ALSO WHEN NEXT SHANTAE GAME REEEEEEEEEE!

Okay, I’m thinking to hard. I have to go to a career fare in the morning that is going to litteraly eat up like 5 hours of my day. I’ll catch up with y’all later.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I will say, if David Hayter now states he has now done the codec's, then that's a good sign.
it's really hilarious that the dev team knows how vocal Hayter is, since last time he leaked Jigglypuff on accident, so they just didn't make him do the codecs

hopefully near the end of development they start recording them because i really like them. the only reason i can think they wouldn't is because of Roy Campbell's japanese voice actor passing away and on behalf of his legacy won't do the codecs.

D

Deleted member

The Disney tweet is past tense people. a quick google search will tell you what attraction she did VO for disney world, (its not even a disney IP lol)

But it means nothing for smash.

D

Deleted member

boi it said attraction in Disney world she’s probably knows what we are talking about

Last edited by a moderator:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Doesn't that basically mean we're trying to "leak" Shantae ourselves?

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
OK.... let's not lose out heads YET, but uhhhhhh....

Wait...wasn't the game finallized after the game got its rating? Games are usually finished by then, right? So wouldn't it be hinting to something else? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I can't remember.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Wait...wasn't the game finallized after the game got its rating? Games are usually finished by then, right? So wouldn't it be hinting to something else? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I can't remember.
You can submit to the ESRB before the game is finished. Technically, it's possible to get a rating without any English dubbing being done.

As for the Disney World Thing, it's likely for this:

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/AVATAR_Flight_of_Passage

Last edited:
Top Bottom