• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hello everyone.

I'm just awake here mid-sleep, haven't heard from dylly again (may just be sleeping or not)
And I'm not all there energetically, but I thought before anything else that since all this happened, you deserved to know a little more about Dylly's condition.

Dylly focused alot of little energy there was yesterday talking with me, if you didn't know. I made sure this was ok and he said it was helping him to talk with me so I spent a lot of my day trying to understand and answering in the best ways I felt and could. Dylly surprised me with the last posts here, because that wasn't how he sounded with me before that, and I can tell you there was a LOT of pain and anguish coming through, that I was able to tell directly and indirectly.
Dylly has been struggling with something for years, and it was very hard for him to face some aspects of it directly--I can't go into specific detail on some things for private reasons, but from what I gathered, this was caused by incredible and unfathomable anxiety and panic attacks over long periods, over years. I also feel that a big harm to the body was also the immense amount of resentment that dylly held in, for some underlying reasons. It's very heart breaking and I don't wish anything like that on anyone. I'm sorry I can't say very much more, and please understand he did not fully understand it either, and also may have felt a lot of anxiety and (self) resentment about the condition itself, from what I could tell, or something like that and had trouble talking about it.

He also said it wasn't impossible to survive, but that there was a very slim chance. I'm sorry this came all out and about at once, it was getting overwhelming and the anxiety was even spilling into this thread, and his body almost shut down at some points. There's not much more I can say for now, but if there's more I can say, I'll see about that tomorow, and whatever may or may not be said to others.

Thank you for understanding. I'm sorry we had to lose a friend like this. (unless he can somehow make it back..)

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Hello everyone.

I'm just awake here mid-sleep, haven't heard from dylly again (may just be sleeping or not)
And I'm not all there energetically, but I thought before anything else that since all this happened, you deserved to know a little more about Dylly's condition.

Dylly focused alot of little energy there was yesterday talking with me, if you didn't know. I made sure this was ok and he said it was helping him to talk with me so I spent a lot of my day trying to understand and answering in the best ways I felt and could. Dylly surprised me with the last posts here, because that wasn't how he sounded with me, and I can tell you there was a LOT of pain and anguish coming through, that I was able to tell directly and indirectly.
Dylly has been struggling with something for years, and it was very hard for him to face some aspects of it directly--I can't go into specific detail on some things for private reasons, but from what I gathered, this was caused by incredible and unfathomable anxiety and panic attacks over long periods, over years. I also feel that a big harm to the body was also the immense amount of resentment that dylly held in, for some underlying reasons. It's very heart breaking and I don't wish anything like that on anyone. I'm sorry I can't say very much more, and please understand he did not fully understand it either, and also may have felt a lot of anxiety and (self) resentment about the condition itself, or something like that and had trouble talking about it.

He also said it wasn't impossible to survive, but that there was a very slim chance. I'm sorry this came all out and about at once, it was getting overwhelming and the anxiety was even spilling into this thread, and his body almost shut down at some points. There's not much more I can say for now, but if there's more I can say, I'll see about that tomorow, and whatever may or may not be said to others.

Thank you for understanding. I'm sorry we had to lose a friend like this. (unless he can somehow make it back..)
Thank you for letting us know. If you have the time to look over the proposed letter to Matt Bozon, I would appreciate it. Yellowlord's and your opinions would be very helpful as i feel you two are some of the closest in regards to what ought to be said. I wouldn;t want it to be sent without either of your approval.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, seeing Dillybirdy's bickering on double-posting turned out to be facetious, nothing really negative about that. It was fun and harmless, since mods don't even notice this thread at all. Never seen anyone else as dedicated at liking every post possible.

But now, not anymore. In this time of uncertainty about that stupid box, death has decided to take him away at the worst time. He'll never know whether Shantae gets to be in the game, or any reference to Rottytops.

While the cancer patient might get to play Ultimate before dying, Dilly won't have that chance. At the very least Mr. Bozon should credit his name somewhere in some way.

May he watch the Directs with us from beyond.

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
I might not have posted much or been here that long, but I frequently checked this thread since I joined these forums.
Dyllybirdy always struck me as the the energetic, playful and positive type... truely a rottytops of sorts. I fully believe that he's the single person that gave this thread the energy and positivity that it had to grow as big as it is now. I think we can all learn something from that.
And if he can make that kind of an impression, despite how the person behind the profile really feels, I do believe he has the strength within him to make it through this. I really do. I have no experience with these sorts issues, all I can say is that I know the strength is there.
But regardless of the outcome though Dylly is, and always will be, a legend here.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Dear Mr Bozon,

First off, I am sorry if this is inconvenience, I will try to keep this short.

I am contacting you on behalf of the Shantae board from Smashboards.com

Now I assure you this has nothing to do with Shantae being or not being in Smash, we aren’t looking for answers or responses or anything of the sort. Rather it concerns one of the boards contributors.

His name is Dylan, Dyllybirdy on the board. It has only recently come to our attention that he is in very poor health and may not be long for this world. As of writing this he is alive, but no one knows how long that may be the case. As one of his last requests, he wanted us to contact you and tell you about his story. So, a little about Dyllybirdy.

First thing anyone would learn about him is that he is honestly Rottytops biggest fan. He loves her more than anything and she is at least tangential, if not the subject of the majority of his posts. It’s clear she has had a huge impact on him in a very positive way. The only thing he seems to love almost as much as Rotty is catching people for accidentally double posting on the board, only to follow up with threats of reporting double posters to the proper authorities

When it came to supporting Shantae for Smash, he was the loudest and often the driving force in our Smash Boards community. It’s hard to think that anyone was more vocal than him, and even when the board would take a negative turn, he kept the love of Shantae going strong and back on track.

But more than anything, Dyllybirdy has so quickly and firmly established himself as one of the most memorable members of this board, many would consider him the mascot.

Needless to say he is very loved among all the Shantae fans on Smashboards and we are all very torn up.

We aren’t requesting anything from you, nor expecting, just following through on something one of our friends wanted us to do. Thank you for listening to Dylan’s story.

P.S. Below is a link to Dyllybirdy’s profile page in case you were at all curious.

https://smashboards.com/members/dyllybirdy.405099/#latest-activity

What do you guys think now? I want to give you guys as much time to give your input, but at the same time i want to get the letter out to Mr Bozon as soon as possible for obvious reasons.
I'll check back more later. For now...
please don't say it's an inconvenience. (maybe something else, including maybe replacing the part about being short)
Replace 'Now I assure you' with something else maybe.

I like the rest.

One note I can add that is he wasn't just her biggest fan, he loved her, reveled, and in some ways related to her and I would say inspired by her too.

I don't know if it'd be good to talk about his condition or not. I kind of like it the way it is, not going into too much about that, but really I dont know.
Do what you think works best, but it seems pretty good. gj.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I'll check back more later. For now...
please don't say it's an inconvenience. (maybe something else, including maybe replacing the part about being short)
Replace 'Now I assure you' with something else maybe.

I like the rest.

One note I can add that is he wasn't just her biggest fan, he loved her, reveled, and in some ways related to her and I would say inspired by her too.

I don't know if it'd be good to talk about his condition or not. I kind of like it the way it is, not going into too much about that, but really I dont know.
Do what you think works best, but it seems pretty good. gj.
Dear Mr Bozon,

Hello. I am contacting you on behalf of the Shantae board from Smashboards.com

Now I assure you this has nothing to do with Shantae being or not being in Smash, we aren’t looking for answers or responses or anything of the sort. Rather it concerns one of the boards contributors.

His name is Dylan, Dyllybirdy on the board. It has only recently come to our attention that he is in very poor health and may not be long for this world. As of writing this he is alive, but no one knows how long that may be the case. As one of his last requests, he wanted us to contact you and tell you about his story. So, a little about Dyllybirdy.

First thing anyone would learn about him is that he is honestly Rottytops biggest fan. He loves her more than anything and she is at least tangential, if not the subject of the majority of his posts. In fact, saying he was just a fan of Rotty seems like a gross understatement. He seems to adore, admire, relate to, take comfort in and be inspired by her in a way I doubt anyone else could in regards to a fictional character. It’s clear that she has (and as result so have you and all the Wayforward crew who worked on the games) had a huge impact on him in a very positive way. Something that all of us from the board will forever be grateful for.

The only thing he seems to love almost as much as Rotty is catching people for accidentally double posting on the board, only to follow up with threats of reporting double posters to the proper authorities

When it came to supporting Shantae for Smash, he was the loudest and often the driving force in our Smash Boards community. It’s hard to think that anyone was more vocal than him, and even when the board would take a negative turn, he kept the love of Shantae going strong and back on track.

But more than anything, Dyllybirdy has so quickly and firmly established himself as one of the most memorable members of this board, many would consider him the mascot.

Needless to say he is very loved among all the Shantae fans on Smashboards and we are all very torn up.

We aren’t requesting anything from you, nor expecting, just following through on something one of our friends wanted us to do. Thank you for listening to Dylan’s story.

P.S. Below is a link to Dyllybirdy’s profile page in case you were at all curious.

Ok, what do you guys think. As far as I'm concerned, once Yellowlord Yellowlord gives the approval we should send it out. If that happens and I'm not on, please someone else do it for me. I want to give Mr Bozon as much time as possible to read it.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I haven't come to this thread that many times in the past 2 weeks, but God I remember coming to this thread the day Dyllybirdy joined Smashboards which was the day after I joined. May God rest his soul in peace.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Is he still alive? I'm confused.
Yes, still alive last we heard and apparently active on the board at the moment. Likely reading PMs.

I think it's best everyone just be positive for now. Nothing is set in stone and for now Dylly is still with us.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yes, still alive last we heard and apparently active on the board at the moment. Likely reading PMs.

I think it's best everyone just be positive for now. Nothing is set in stone and for now Dylly is still with us.
Always good to stay positive for sure. :)

D

Deleted member

Dylly is still alive, but barely. He will probably be dead in an hour or so.
Please don’t. You’re life is just as valuable as those of everyone on the planet. I know you’re going through a hard time but it will get better. And we’re all here to help you through it.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Please don't go. You can make it. You have to make it. If not for yourself then for us and the people in your life. We need you. They need you. If there's anything we can do, please tell us. Just don't let this be the end.

Edit: Shantae... no... Rottytops for Smash!

Last edited:

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
I really hope you'll be able to pull through. This community just won't be the same without you.
Either way, just remember that you're a legend.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I only just discovered the situation with Dyllybirdy, but I just want to say that it was always great seeing the posts of someone so passionate.

I really hope you're able to pull through.

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
So much has happened in a short time :(

Thanks for bringing so much positivity, Dylly, you're great. If there's a chance, just a 0.5% chance that you make it, I hope that we're on the timeline where that chance is the one that's successful.

Thanks for being here with us.

Last edited:

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Oh. Ya know what we can do guys?

If Shantae is in, we should make a nametag on her. Like how we can make our own names? We can say we do it by making a nametag named Dyllybirdy for him!

A small change, but a huge victory for the Shantae Thread.

gigabows270

Smash Rookie
Just recently discovered this thread and found out about the situation with Dylly. I wish I had said something earlier, and I'm afraid I can't say much right now, but I just wanna say that Dylly seemed like a great guy, and when I read some of his posts they really made me smile. Even though I never got a chance to talk with him, I know this thread won't be the same without him. I hope he manages to pull through. Good luck, buddy:)

zferolie

Smash Hero
So guess who arrived today? Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy may like one of them!

They are a little smaller then I though, but look pretty good still. I just need to buy whatever supplies are needed to put her together(probably won't paint if I don't need to, though may need to paint their eyebrows only).

I think I need glue and sand paper and... other stuff. gonna stop at a anime figure place near me (Gundam Planet for anyone in NJ), and see what they recommend.

NukeA6

Smash Master
So it wasn't an anxiety attack but a terminal disease?

So who's making the reply here? I hate to make light of a tragic situation but something seems fishy here.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Here's hoping there is a miracle and they make a full recovery

zferolie

Smash Hero
oh was looking at Matt's likes, and not sure if you guys saw this, but Wayforward may be pushing for a Shantae figure done by first 4 figures. Or at least fans are pushing for it and Matt approves.

While I just got my 2 figures I would buy more shantae figures in an instant.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Whoever is using the account of Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , mind telling me what's killing him and why he would be so attached to a part of a gaming forum that he's been in for less than a month? I hate to look suspicious and heartless but I'm not so quick to believe all of this.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Dear Mr Bozon,
Hello. I am contacting you on behalf of the Shantae board from Smashboards.com

First thing anyone would learn about him is that he is honestly Rottytops biggest fan. He loves her more than anything and she is at least tangential, if not the subject of the majority of his posts. In fact, saying he was just a fan of Rotty seems like a gross understatement. He seems to adore, admire, relate to, take comfort in and be inspired by her in a way I doubt anyone else could in regards to a fictional character. It’s clear that she has (and as result so have you and all the Wayforward crew who worked on the games) had a huge impact on him in a very positive way. Something that all of us from the board will forever be grateful for.

The only thing he seems to love almost as much as Rotty is catching people for accidentally double posting on the board, only to follow up with threats of reporting double posters to the proper authorities

Ok, what do you guys think. As far as I'm concerned, once Yellowlord Yellowlord gives the approval we should send it out. If that happens and I'm not on, please someone else do it for me. I want to give Mr Bozon as much time as possible to read it.

This looks all good to me: feel free to send it.

If LaBete is unavailable, I encourage anyone else with a Twitter to send it to Matt.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
oh was looking at Matt's likes, and not sure if you guys saw this, but Wayforward may be pushing for a Shantae figure done by first 4 figures. Or at least fans are pushing for it and Matt approves.

While I just got my 2 figures I would buy more shantae figures in an instant.
I can think of so many other companies I'd rather see make a Shantae figure. First 4 Figures are out of my price range.

Top Bottom