• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Good job with everything. thanks everyone.

I'm pretty sure that dylly is still alive, but I dont know much for now. Maybe reading only.

I'll be in and out. I don't have much else to contribute for now.

Last edited:

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
So I know this is super late, but every time someone comments on how cute Isabelle is I get more excited to shoot her in the face with Snake's RPG or get a Star KO. I feel like it makes me a bad person, but I'm sooo excited!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I read what happened and he has my deepest sympathies. It pains my heart to see someone so passionate and young suffer like this

Last edited:

YourNewOverlord

Smash Rookie
In regards to Shantae figures/merchandise, I reaaaally hope we can get Shantae Pop figures. I've wanted them for a long time. I'm sure it is possible, we just have to show WayForward we want them

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Dylly is still alive, but barely. He will probably be dead in an hour or so.
I’m sorry to hear that. I hope that you recover, if at all possible, and that, if not, things are as painless as possible. I will be praying for you.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Dylly is still alive, but barely. He will probably be dead in an hour or so.
Came here from the Isaac forum, I just wanted to say I hoping you recovered and get well soon.
I'm not really much of a Shantae fan, but I'm willing to you support you and everyone else here.
Once again, get well soon. :)

Q-Long

Smash Lord
DyllyBirdy, I don't know you, but whatever happens goodluck with everything. Based on what I have read you're nice and graceful.

So are you Shantae supporters. I have only beaten 1 of the Steam games but it would be cool to see her in. I'll be thinking of you guys when I tackle Half Genie Hero

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Coming from the Isaac thread. I read what happened and just wanted to drop my sincere best wishes for our fellow fan Dillybird. I hope everything turns out fine in the end and that you can overcome this even if it now seems dark. Hope can take us a long way

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy
We haven't talked at all as I've mainly been a lurker on this thread, but I can tell you’re a kind and friendly fellow. Hope you will recover well and soon.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I just posted a message on Dylly's profile, but I felt like I needed to post here.

I hope Dylly is able to recover. I never knew Dylly, but it would sad to see a fellow Smashboards member pass away. I wish you a hopeful recovery, Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy .

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Still alive. enough to send me 2 keys:

<3

Addition:
Well I got a message that he's not able to type anything for now. I'll let you know news unless they post here.
(it's a friend)

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master

<3

Addition:
Well I got a message that he's not able to type anything for now. I'll let you know news unless they post here.
(it's a friend)
Why is Dylly only replying to you? It's pretty obvious everyone in this thread doesn't have any bad blood for him and only wish the best for him. I mean, he's only been here for 13 days and I've seen him associate with people in this thread more than you (except for PMs, it seems).

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Why is Dylly only replying to you? It's pretty obvious everyone in this thread doesn't have any bad blood for him and only wish the best for him. I mean, he's only been here for 13 days and I've seen him associate with people in this thread more than you (except for PMs, it seems).
I can ask the friend to post the bigger news here if he doesn't already know that would be a good idea.
Dylly wanted to say/convey things to me, so that's part of the reason.

Edit: (I did ask, so it's more set now.)

Last edited:

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
I've been out of the loop so far, but I do hope Dylly comes out alright. Not entirely sure what's happening, since most I recall from him was about his concerns as to whether we liked him or not.

On a side note, this thread has gotten a bit depressing to read for the past few pages. So I'll leave for now and come back after a few weeks. Hopefully everything with Dylan will have turned out for the best, and that we'll be back on topic.

I hope that I didn't come off shrewdly.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Whoever is using the account of Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , mind telling me what's killing him and why he would be so attached to a part of a gaming forum that he's been in for less than a month? I hate to look suspicious and heartless but I'm not so quick to believe all of this.
Yeah I'm with you. It is rather strange that someone on his account would just pop up on a random Game Forum he's new to just to say certain things like that. May be true, but does seem suspicious, especially with his wording.

Tybalt: Herbal One

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'm with you. It is rather strange that someone on his account would just pop up on a random Game Forum he's new to just to say certain things like that. May be true, but does seem suspicious, especially with his wording.
He never came on here to only say things like that. He was a pretty positive person from what we saw. Liked being fun. And I wholeheartedly believe that he wouldn't post about feeling like he's gonna die unless he was serious.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy I’m so sorry to hear about this horrible news, for the sake of you and everyone I wish you eternal peace and prosperity and hope that whatever happens, you never go forgotten.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Ok, guys, the letter was sent. I'm sorry if everyone didn't get a chance to approve and give their input, but i wanted to send it out as soon as possible. I don;t expect Matt to respond, but I wanted to allow time if he choose to.

We love you, Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy andi certainly am not ready to give up just yet.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Ok, guys, the letter was sent. I'm sorry if everyone didn't get a chance to approve and give their input, but i wanted to send it out as soon as possible. I don;t expect Matt to respond, but I wanted to allow time if he choose to.

We love you, Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy andi certainly am not ready to give up just yet.
Considering he replied to my question about Shantae's height, I wouldn't be surprised if Matt responds.

D

Deleted member

Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy i just want to say thank you for being here. you did bring lots of humor here but it’s sad that you have to leave. as a result I will make my profile pic rottyyops to continue your legacy. your the best! thank you for everything!

Love: Connor Dempsey (@Connorb0t2):)

MagusOfIllusions

Smash Cadet

<3

Addition:
(it's a friend)
I'm glad to come back and hear all the support for Dylly you guys are awesome people to show a stranger some love.

Anyways Teeb have you learned anything since then on his condition?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I just got back. I'm a little lost right now, (and having trouble recouping from yesterday. )
Sorry, let me talk to Dylan's friend. My assumption was that dylly was mostly on his phone all the time, and now his friend has it. I may be wrong, and I need to talk to him to understand what's going on or what. But what's most important? I'm not sure what to do or ask actually, please help me out here.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
OK. I know a long time ago I said I'd change my avatar to Nerscylla to celebrate Shantae's inclusion...

But if it can, in some small way, honor the memory of a person whose favourite character has a queen chit-chat to thank for setting a friendship on the road to recovery, then I see no harm in breaking that vow.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I really hope he's gonna turn out okay. He brought a lot to the thread. Every time someone double posted, I was waiting for him to call them out on it. I'm still having trouble believing that he might be gone for good.

Teeb147 Teeb147 I think all you can do is tell him to stay strong and maybe tell him that he has a lot to live for. If anyone else has any ideas, please tell us.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I just got back. I'm a little lost right now, (and having trouble recouping from yesterday. )
Sorry, let me talk to Dylan's friend. My assumption was that dylly was mostly on his phone all the time, and now his friend has it. I may be wrong, and I need to talk to him to understand what's going on or what. But what's most important? I'm not sure what to do or ask actually, please help me out here.
I would say all about dylly's current situation, all for clarification on if it is Dylly issuing the account at the moment or one of his friends/family doing it for him (just so we know how to address things) and then mention how everyone is cheering him on and that we sent the letter to Box on for him.

And you are doing great Teeb147 Teeb147 thank you for everything you've done and let us know if you need another break. You don't need to stress yourself out when there are so many of us who could pick up the slack for you.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I really hope he's gonna turn out okay. He brought a lot to the thread. Every time someone double posted, I was waiting for him to call them out on it. I'm still having trouble believing that he might be gone for good.

Teeb147 Teeb147 I think all you can do is tell him to stay strong and maybe tell him that he has a lot to live for. If anyone else has any ideas, please tell us.
Stay strong, definitely. However I wouldn't pressure him with the things he could do with his life and give more regrets, when it may be better to count blessings and take heart in what he does have. At least, that's what I feel.

Top Bottom