• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Exactly that guy!

I actually don't know too much about the GBA game, but it was going to be the sequel to the GBC Shantae game, the reason why it didn't get a sequel was because Capcom opted out to publishing it, due to the GBC game not selling well. It would've had an Earth-moving mechanic, I think? Which eventually became the "background-foreground" mechanic in Risky's Revenge.
If the game was close to being finished they should release it anyway for a low price. :)

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
This thread sure has gotten...awkward since the direct happened.

I don't like Animal Crossing and have no attachment to Isabelle, but I'm still happy because it means Dixie can be a similar style semi-clone.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It was nowhere near close to being finished, however I think it would be cool for the demo be an unlockable extra in a theoretical Shantae 5.
Yeah maybe they could touch it up and put it somewhere people can play. I don't know about within the new game, but maybe in some kind of pack (like a shantae games pack, or indie pack), or something, I dont know :p

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Yeah maybe they could touch it up and put it somewhere people can play. I don't know about within the new game, but maybe in some kind of pack (like a shantae games pack, or indie pack), or something, I dont know :p
A Shantae Collection would be amazing! They could do so much interesting stuff with it. They could do what they're doing with Smash Ultimate, and have playlists which allow you to listen to all of the game's soundtracks. What about an artbook, featuring concept art from all of the Shantae games, and also some art from Blaster Master Zero, Indivisible, etc.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
While thinking about Luigi's Mansion stuff for a bit, it occurred to me that the ghosts of Evershade Valley were not that different from the zombies in Shantae.

With that in mind I imagined a scenario where Luigi has to outrun a coffee-deprived Rottytops (who is as terrifyingly fast as her race showcases) until he can find said coffee.

My headcanon mind is weird sometimes.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I just wanna say I'm still mainly a Shantae supporter, even if I change my avatar, and I might go back to one of shantae in the future. But for now I'm feeling a change :)

I might also be more positive. we'll see :)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
While thinking about Luigi's Mansion stuff for a bit, it occurred to me that the ghosts of Evershade Valley were not that different from the zombies in Shantae.

With that in mind I imagined a scenario where Luigi has to outrun a coffee-deprived Rottytops (who is as terrifyingly fast as her race showcases) until he can find said coffee.

Heck, she probably doesn’t have to be coffee deprived, she could be chasing the poor guy just to tease him

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Rotty would have to zombify Luigi's lifeless body first, but it would be very entertaining to watch her chase him around indeed.

Also, the reason I've been so anxious and depressed lately is because I've been deprived of Rottytops for such a long time (aka about 1 hour), and my already expansive "collection" is running pretty dry soooo... does anyone have anymore Rotty stuff?

I just wanna say I'm still mainly a Shantae supporter, even if I change my avatar, and I might go back to one of shantae in the future. But for now I'm feeling a change :)

I might also be more positive. we'll see :)
Lovely new avatar Teeb147 Teeb147 :)

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Heck, she probably doesn’t have to be coffee deprived, she could be chasing the poor guy just to tease him
I dunno, Rotty may like to scare or tease people with her zombie traits for a laugh (likely a coping mechanism for the prejudice she suffered), but she's not that determined to do so. At most she'd just follow him around whenever convenient due to finding him cute.

D

Deleted member

So why did we call the hgh collection ultimate edition? because there was other names to call it like ret 2 go edition or definite edition.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Rotty would have to zombify Luigi's lifeless body first, but it would be very entertaining to watch her chase him around indeed.

Also, the reason I've been so anxious and depressed lately is because I've been deprived of Rottytops for such a long time (aka about 1 hour), and my already expansive "collection" is running pretty dry soooo... does anyone have anymore Rotty stuff?

Lovely new avatar Teeb147 Teeb147 :)
Looks alright? I was hoping to get the entire image in, but oh well, it's a super cute one :)

Poor dylly, not enough rottytops... Here there's a ton of rottytops on deviant art:
https://www.deviantart.com/popular-all-time/?section=&global=1&q=rottytops&offset=0

(You could also check there once every few days--you can sort this by 'newest' on the left if you want to check in again and see what's new)
enjoy :)

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
So why did we call the hgh collection ultimate edition? because there was other names to call it like ret 2 go edition or definite edition.
Because Ultimate Edition is just a default name like Game of the Year Edition for bundles these days. I really wouldn't call that a hint.

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
I’m curious as to them dropping all of these hints would violate a NDA. I mean, I know WF wouldn’t string us along like this but I do wonder what WF is and isn’t aloud to say.

Tybalt: Herbal One

Smash Cadet
I really don't know what to think anymore.
This place is giving me grief because I'm constantly worrying about whether you people dislike me or not, and if this place will ever be as good as it was previously, but this is one of the only places where I feel comfortable discussing anything, and if I leave I don't know where else I'll go.
I think you're good ('v')b
Just know that we're all pals here, and that includes yourself :)

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace

It would be the greatest thing if they were actually holding off on revealing Shantae until October and unveil her like this. Have it take place in the Nightmare Woods and Rottytops trolling not just Luigi but someone serious with him like Simon who would retaliate against our lovable zombie, then Shantae swoops in to get her out of the mess she made.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
It would be the greatest thing if they were actually holding off on revealing Shantae until October and unveil her like this. Have it take place in the Nightmare Woods and Rottytops trolling not just Luigi but someone serious with him like Simon who would retaliate against our lovable zombie, then Shantae swoops in to get her out of the mess she made.
Wouldn't be the first time Shantae's had to bail her zombae out of trouble.

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Okay. So, genuine question.

We all know that eSports are becoming a major thing. Nintendo is pushing Ultimate to be this super competitive thing. So, with that in mind, do you guys plan on entering tourneys if Nintendo ever Hosts competitive leagues?

Might ask in a genral post about an idea for Smash eSports, but yeah.

WooHooII

Smash Rookie
If anyone's interested (since I know it's come up in this thread before), Cat Girl Without Salad is currently available for free on Humble Bundle.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
So, with Loz18 being proved fake, and with the Smash Bros Collector's Edition boxart theory, what are Shantae's chances currently?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
So, with Loz18 being proved fake, and with the Smash Bros Collector's Edition boxart theory, what are Shantae's chances currently?
I know I don't speak for everyone here, but I'd say that we all unanimously agree that here chances certainly aren't at all low. Her chances are looking really good at the moment.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
What's this boxart theory, exactly? Just curious, I think Shantae's chances are still the exact same as they were before the boxart was shown.

D

Deleted member

I feel like shantaes the next 3rd party franchise to be revealed next. they did the same with Simon last time so...?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A Shantae Collection would be amazing! They could do so much interesting stuff with it. They could do what they're doing with Smash Ultimate, and have playlists which allow you to listen to all of the game's soundtracks. What about an artbook, featuring concept art from all of the Shantae games, and also some art from Blaster Master Zero, Indivisible, etc.
Speaking of artbooks, I'm fairly certain Udon has been doing an official one:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Shantae's chances haven't changed at all. Also remember that if she's not shown at all by the launch date, there's every reason to believe that she'll be DLC.

As for WayForward, I still firmly believe that they're under an NDA. Liking a few tweets doesn't change anything. They're an indie company that built up lots of goodwill with their fans. For all of this to amount to nothing would be extremely out of character for them. I think they would have flat out told us if Shantae wasn't in Smash in some form and they wouldn't have lead us on. Otherwise, they'll lose much of that goodwill they've built up and as an indie company they can't risk pissing off a huge portion of their fanbase.

So I do think she's in the game in some form. Whether that's as an assist, a fighter, or a DLC fighter remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys...soooooo...I’m SUPER new to being a user of the site...so bear with me as I learn the rules and common courtesies here.

BUT I did wanna say, even though Elma is my #1 most wanted new comer, that Shantae is basically right behind her.

And a confession before I get too deep is(I haven’t played any of her games and if you NEED to sacrifice me because of this I understand completely...) but I’ve been checking on this thread daily as you guys are so exciting and have made me fall in love with Shantae(as much as I can without playing her games, which I plan to change soon)

So...if I could be added to the support list and cheer on your(...our girl?) I would be thrilled:)

Sorry for the long post and I’m excited to join this absolutely insane and crazy support train for Shantae!

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
Yeah, no. It's a placeholder image. We know how Sakurai works; he's not going to put just one more character in the game this far from release. It'd be incredibly stupid from a marketing standpoint. That guy on Twitter has no reason to believe that this is not placeholder box art.

And even if we did believe that this was boxart sanctioned by Nintendo, do you really think that it would leak the number of remaining characters on it? Really? Considering how difficult it's seemingly been to leak anything about this game.

Last edited:

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, no. It's a placeholder image. We know how Sakurai works; he's not going to put one more character in the game this far from release. It'd be incredibly stupid from a marketing standpoint. That guy on Twitter has no reason to believe that this is not placeholder box art.

And even if we did believe that this was boxart sanctioned by Nintendo, do you really think that it would leak the number of remaining characters on it? Really? Considering how difficult it's seemingly been to leak anything about this game.
I don't really believe it either, frankly (though I wouldn't be surprised if it was real).

Last edited:

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
Btw, I don't know if it's been mentioned. But we now have confirmation that if the "NEW" tag gets dropped from the SmashBros website, we can guarantee we are one week away from a new reveal. (The tag was removed on the 31st of August and the direct was supposed to drop a week later.)

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news again, but this just screams Shantae being an Assist Trophy.
What doesn't scream "Shantae is an assist" to you?

Last edited:

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
I feel like shantaes the next 3rd party franchise to be revealed next. they did the same with Simon last time so...?
(hopeful speculation...) If the next smash direct is like the last one, but with more characters, it could start with a 3rd party, Simon last time, Shantae this time. Then end with a bang, K Rool last time, perhaps Skull Kid and Isaac this time. Then maybe in the last direct or 2 we get a poke, Shadow, Dixie, Bandana and Geno.

Or maybe Geno and Isaac will be together, since they're both longtime requests. IDK, but I am hopeful and optimistic we will get most if not all of those. Ready for the possibility we won't, but A LOT of those characters have good cases IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom