• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Good. Clean slate to build up for the next hour :D
And I have enough time to take care of a few things too.

Less people in the thread than I expected, but must be the timeframe.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Ack! Well again, it's going to be torture having to work today.

If this does end up being the Direct where Shantae gets announced, it'll suck that I can't be here for it. But no matter what happens today, it's been an incredible ride guys!

I've enjoyed all of the speculation (even if it gets negative sometimes >_>) and hopefully at least one wish will be granted today.~

Teeb147

Smash Legend

If this does end up being the Direct where Shantae gets announced, it'll suck that I can't be here for it. But no matter what happens today, it's been an incredible ride guys!

I've enjoyed all of the speculation (even if it gets negative sometimes >_>) and hopefully at least one wish will be granted today.~
You'll be here at heart Jazzy :)
We're all in this together.

And yeah it's too bad, but look forward to knowing what's new when you return! high five.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
I'm currently listening to my pre-exam late-night-last-moment-study YouTube playlist full of epic boss battles from different games ( including Shantae of course ) to hype/stress myself

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Just one hour... I’m getting a bit nervous!
I had a few butterflies earlier, but I'm mostly just looking forward to finally seeing what's new :colorful:
And I want to try to enjoy the direct itself.

Remember to take a few good breaths once in a while and enjoy as much as you can :)
Yup, it's not a bad time to be around ;)

loozer2

Smash Apprentice

Just stay off any form of social media until you get home or you will most likely be spoiled.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I don't know if this is the day we get Shantae revealed (Tho I'm pretty positive she is in at this point) but no matter what we are getting someone announced today (possibly a new character and an echo based on the missed blog posts) and that's pretty exciting. Here is hoping for something everyone can be happy about.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Ready for it and I do have my doubts to avoid backlash if its not happening in this direct

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
The positive thing if Shantae is not announced is that we can keep speculating like madmen together for a while longer ^^ I grew to like this thread

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm gonna be gone for maybe 30 mins. I'll be back in time.
I might not chat too much during the direct tho. we'll see :)

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
If she does get in, I will miss this thread. Even if it was littered haphazardly with negativity and doubts over single images, as well as the inevitable ****post to hide some of our crippling depression, it was nice being here just to see how many people really do support Shantae as a fighter. <3

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
If she does get in, I will miss this thread. Even if it was littered haphazardly with negativity and doubts over single images, as well as the inevitable ****post to hide some of our crippling depression, it was nice being here just to see how many people really do support Shantae as a fighter. <3
If she gets in doesn't this thread just get migrated out of the speculation section to the newcomers?

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Well guys this is it. Less than 45 minutes remaining to see whether or not the office background theory still holds. Which character(s) will be announced today in the Smash portion of the Nintendo Direct today? Will it be Shantae? Will it Issac? Will it be Incineroar? Will it be Goku(jk lol)?

We will all find out in 40 minutes time.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Next time on Smash Ball Z!
Shantae's muscles buckle with her newfound powers!
And [Freddy?] sends his [Goku?]s to test the girl's strength all at once!
[Goku?]s reveal that they know the God Smasher's special moves... but it's too little, too late!
Shantae's prepared to destroy... or dance. Whichever one works, at least...
American DBZ Music plays out

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
No matter who gets revealed I probably won't be on Smashboards for a good few hours afterward, so I decided to drop by and wish us all luck today!

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
Even if there's nothing related to Shantae in the direct, I'm sure there will be something interesting to fuel speculation and discussion in the community for the next few weeks.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I'm probably gonna get off now until after the direct,'

Hopefully she does get revealed today. If she (and/or Bandana Dee) does get revealed as a fighter today, I will lose my mind.

Now we wait for 25 more minutes.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Remember, even if she's not shown today, it'll have no impact on her chances in Smash. So hopefully nobody here starts panicking or freaking out if she's not shown today. My fingers are crossed for her reveal.

Also, does anyone have a link where I can watch the Direct without seeing any comments? The comments are always cringe worthy.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Remember, even if she's not shown today, it'll have no impact on her chances in Smash. So hopefully nobody here starts panicking or freaking out if she's not shown today. My fingers are crossed for her reveal.

Also, does anyone have a link where I can watch the Direct without seeing any comments? The comments are always cringe worthy.
Watch it from here.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Watch it from here.
Thanks!

I'm also going to quote my predictions from earlier to see how many I get right.

Alright, so I'm going to go on a limb and post my predictions/hopes for the Direct this evening.

Intro with Smash character trailer

3DS

Luigi's Mansion with bonus content
Bowser's Inside Story remake
Link's Awakening remake
Wario Land VB remake
Golden Sun remaster
Original title

Switch

Mega Man 11
Civilization XI
Final Fantasy Pocket Edition
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles remake

Showcase of the online service

Splatoon 2 update
Animal Crossing Switch
By the way, Isabelle is an echo fighter in Smash Bros Ultimate
Pokemon Let's Go
Super Mario Party
Super Mario Maker 2 (or enhanced port)
Super Mario Bros U port
Mario Kart 8 DLC
Yoshi's Crafted World
Fire Emblem Three Houses
One or two surprise announcements

Smash Bros character reveal trailer

Perhaps it's a little ambitious, but I do think some of those have a very good chance of happening. I know for sure we'll get at least one new Smash fighter announced and one echo.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh god, I hope so. It's actually quite worrying to me.
Yeah that's the common thing, for threads like these to be moved to the characters' section, don't worry about it, it'll all be fine. and fun.
Here's hoping to shantae, and enjoying some new news.
cheers. <3!

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
So let's start out with both positive and negative predictions(this way we all are prepared for the best and worst things)

Good thing: New character(s)
Bad thing: Nothing Smash related is shown

Well what are your guys' good/bad predictions?

EDIT: Fill this page and we are at 200 BABY!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom