• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
This direct actually had surprisingly little Nintendo stuff if you think about it. Tons of third party. Pretty cool honestly!

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
Welp...not quite the hype....but hey, great for those who love Animal Crossing.

Back to speculating like madmen until the next direct. It's ok, I'm fond of this thread. :)

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I like Isabelle and I'm cool with her being in, but that has seriously got to be the least hype I've ever felt for a Smash trailer. The whole thing felt incredibly dull. I get it's the super relaxing Animal Crossing series, but come on.
I agree with you. This would be something you'd expect from a GMod Animation about Heavy loosing internet before the Nintendo Direct and him trying to get it back up!
I think it would've stung less if we hadn't have 10 god forsaken final fantasy games before this, as well as the Nintendo Switch limited edition!

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
Well...nothing but ports, remasters and a semi-echo. I expected Isabelle to be pretty likely, but I didn't think she'd get her own reveal trailer or at least not as the only revealed fighter. I'm more disappointed with the overall direct than the smash portion. There was very little new content showed.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I'm underwhelmed about this newcomer, good night everyone
Same. That reveal was pathetic. Now I will actually rage if Dixie Kong isn’t unique, much less in the game at all. And the way they did Tom Nook like that... really Nintendo? Screw it, I’m done with smash speculation forever, Isabelle could’ve, and definitely should’ve been an echo, and there’s now nothing stopping me from saying the final newcomers are just Isaac, Geno, and maybe Banjo, cause after all, this smash is more predictable than any other and it’s just sad. Goodnight and goodbye (for now, at least)

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
... A semi-clone.... a semi-clone got a unique trailer? That wasn't remotely as hype as I expected... I'm more anxious to see what the blog post number is so we can see if the two ninnies posts are still not taken up...

Edit: and Vergeben's still alive... yay....

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I was not expecting her to be a full newcomer, but I am quite happy. She looks so fun to play.

The website added, and shes on the artwork

Stop looking so adorable. Also her video shows that she seems to be the same status as wolf maybe? A bunch of unique stuff, but she also has some simular moves.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
... A semi-clone.... a semi-clone got a unique trailer? That wasn't remotely as hype as I expected... I'm more anxious to see what the blog post number is so we can see if the two ninnies posts are still not taken up...
I posted earlier (in reply to one of your posts I believe) that one of the two slots you're talking about (#141 to be exact) is taken up by yesterday's Summit post.

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
I was not expecting her to be a full newcomer, but I am quite happy. She looks so fun to play.

The website added, and shes on the artwork

Stop looking so adorable. Also her video shows that she seems to be the same status as wolf maybe? A bunch of unique stuff, but she also has some simular moves.

Not near Daisy i.e. Shantae is safe. Honestly, I thought Isabelle's area was allready full. Then again, she's small enough to fit anywhere.

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
Aww :(

But Isabelle is adorable and looks fun, I can't be mad. We'll get more chances in the future, there's still 3 months, but I'm glad Animal Crossing fans got some big stuff. It's good!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Well, at least this should invalidate any leaker that said that Isabelle was an echo, and I think we can completely discount Loz18 now since he kept on hinting at Skull Kid.

Remember, this has absolutely zero impact on Shantae's chances. So please don't get discouraged that she didn't show up today.

And hey, 200 pages!

D

Deleted member

Ok new theory.....maybe they’re saving shantae for the last smash direct before the game comes out.......because she’s the first indie to become a fighter......and American too.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Same. That reveal was pathetic. Now I will actually rage if Dixie Kong isn’t unique, much less in the game at all. And the way they did Tom Nook like that... really Nintendo? Screw it, I’m done with smash speculation forever, Isabelle could’ve, and definitely should’ve been an echo, and there’s now nothing stopping me from saying the final newcomers are just Isaac, Geno, and maybe Banjo, cause after all, this smash is more predictable than any other and it’s just sad. Goodnight and goodbye (for now, at least)
If you ask me, there was no other way they could have possibly handled her reveal. You just can't put her in the same intense situations as the others and expect the same good results. It worked perfectly in masking the nature of the reveal. I almost thought it was some kind of spin-off featuring her until the letter came (incidentally the letter is only a thing in Animal Crossing reveals), and doubling as an announcement for a mainstream entry is the icing on the cake for those fans.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Once again, another Vergeben leak confirmed. Oh dear everything, does this improve Minecraft Steve's chances now?

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Can someone link the board so I can properly congratulate the Isabelle fans?

NukeA6

Smash Master
Well, at least this should invalidate any leaker that said that Isabelle was an echo, and I think we can completely discount Loz18 now since he kept on hinting at Skull Kid.

Remember, this has absolutely zero impact on Shantae's chances. So please don't get discouraged that she didn't show up today.

And hey, 200 pages!
To be fair, I honestly thought Isabelle was an echo at first from the initial reveal (and anyone would probably think that) but she's just a Luigified Villager. I wouldn't rule out them all out even if every leak is pretty much a wish / troll list. I mean, wouldn't Roy be sorta an echo as well?

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
We might have lost the fight, but we haven't lost the war just yet bros, we still have October and November.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
If you ask me, there was no other way they could have possibly handled her reveal. You just can't put her in the same intense situations as the others and expect the same good results. It worked perfectly in masking the nature of the reveal. I almost thought it was some kind of spin-off featuring her until the letter came (incidentally the letter is only a thing in Animal Crossing reveals), and doubling as an announcement for a mainstream entry is the icing on the cake for those fans.
You don’t seem to get it. Why should I have to wait through 35 minutes of stuff just for a reveal that was less intense than a poop I took last week?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ok new theory.....maybe they’re saving shantae for the last smash direct before the game comes out.......because she’s the first indie to become a fighter......and American too.
This was just a Nintendo Direct. I expected 2 characters, but let's be real, we're going to get at least another smash direct and that's when it's a good time to announce the popular characters.
Isabelle is so cute. I can't complain too much.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
You don’t seem to get it. Why should I have to wait through 35 minutes of stuff just for a reveal that was less intense than a poop I took last week?
You'd have been better off just hanging out on the smash website until the new character was added than actually watching if you only care about the reveal.

A1Again

Smash Cadet
I expected more. I was more excited for the fact Square is bringing like 8 games to the Switch than of Isabelle, which I figured would be coming. I'm happy and I really like Isabelle, but the Direct as a whole just seemed... lackluster. Dull. Boring. I dunno.

200 PAGES AND MORE SPECULATION! XD

Swade

Smash Apprentice

And hey, 200 pages!
This I agree with.

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
Not near Daisy i.e. Shantae is safe. Honestly, I thought Isabelle's area was allready full. Then again, she's small enough to fit anywhere.
Isabelle was one of the remaining females I thought could be interacting with Daisy. Dixie is pretty much the last character other than Shantae with reasonable chances who could be interacting with her, although some people think Jeanne as a Bayonetta echo might fit that role, too.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
You'd have been better off just hanging out on the smash website until the new character was added than actually watching if you only care about the reveal.
That’s not all I care about. I also enjoy the first party games, but as it would turn out, they are out of ideas for the year, which disappointed me greatly. The direct overall was lackluster, and wasn’t at all worth the extra week we

zferolie

Smash Hero
did Verg ever say Isabelle was an echo or not?

And why are some people upset a semi clone got a trailer? She looks More like Wolf then falco, and only shares 2 of the B moves (B and Up B) shes a very unique fighter. I am very happy to be wrong about calling her an echo

D

Deleted member

Isabelle was one of the remaining females I thought could be interacting with Daisy. Dixie is pretty much the last character other than Shantae with reasonable chances who could be interacting with her, although some people think Jeanne as a Bayonetta echo might fit that role, too.
Daisy and shantae are tomboys it got to be her with daisy obviously

Top Bottom