• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
Good points.

Let's also consider the fact that out of any third party/indie character, Shantae will be the easiest to get.

Square will no doubt be stingy to deal with for Geno, same with Microsoft with Banjo, while WayForward and Matt would jump at the chance for Shantae in Smash. They'd probably let Sakurai use her for free considering how big fans they are.

There is simply no legitimate reason why Shantae shouldn't be a fighter.
A lot of people say Square is stingy, but they gave Sakurai not only complete freedom on how he implemented Cloud, but complete freedom to choose any FF character he wanted as well. And they even gave him a Geno costume. The ONLY thing Square couldn't do, which in fact wasn't to do with them being stingy, is give more FF tracks and trophies because of money (Especially music created by Nobuo Uematsu). The argument of Square being stingy has been invalid since Cloud got into Smash.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Where I am the direct is in three hours. It says that on the direct itself. But after checking the times, it should actually be in 4 hours. I have no clue. Did a Time Lord come and mess everything up?

Link to Direct
Ah I see your mistake. Its saying 3 hours because its less then 4 hours. These youtube count downs don't show minutes, so before they only show the hour, once its under 1 hour it will become minutes.

So it will say 3 hours till 3:01 EST where it swaps to 2 hours.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow. I've had to take a break from this site, (for reasons,) and to see you guys get this forum 100 more pages ahead in just a week and a half is truly astonishing. (I don't know if you guys passed anyone else or not, but still awesome job guys.) I don't even have time to read it all XD. Which might be for the better, as all of the evidence has stagnated, and it's just a matter of excitement at this point.

And yeah, the 3-hour Direct hype is building up. Even if we don't get Shantae this time, any new character would be nice, too. Let's hope collectively, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Please prove all the leakers and slanderers wrong Nintendo. Show us that there's a first time for everything and you appreciate indies to the extent that they can stand side by side with you in the greatest fighting game crossover of all time. To our benevolent ruler and almighty creator Sakurai, we hope your decision is infallible and your wrist healthy. To our haters and supporters alike, we extend all hope of good luck. Thank you, and please understand.

pray.png

D

Deleted member

I don’t think the golden sun licenseng means anything for today but maybe for the last smash direct to make hype so with the website data revealing a new franchise I got a good feeling about our half genie hero today:)

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Wow. I've had to take a break from this site, (for reasons,) and to see you guys get this forum 100 more pages ahead in just a week and a half is truly astonishing. (I don't know if you guys passed anyone else or not, but still awesome job guys.) I don't even have time to read it all XD. Which might be for the better, as all of the evidence has stagnated, and it's just a matter of excitement at this point.

And yeah, the 3-hour Direct hype is building up. Even if we don't get Shantae this time, any new character would be nice, too. Let's hope collectively, though.
We've passed everyone except Isaaac.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
3 hours to go 'til Direct time. Regardless of whether Shantae appears or not, I'm expecting some sort pleasant surprise to be shown during the Direct. I have a good feeling that something neat is gonna be revealed.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Hey Shantae fans, popping in from the Isaac thread to wish you guys the best of luck tonight! I really do think if we're getting an Indie in Smash 5, Shantae is that Indie and I know y'all have been passionate about her inclusion for a long time, it's admirable to watch! Good luck!

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Maybe Rotty's majestic, alluring dance will magic Shantae into Smash!

Hey Shantae fans, popping in from the Isaac thread to wish you guys the best of luck tonight! I really do think if we're getting an Indie in Smash 5, Shantae is that Indie and I know y'all have been passionate about her inclusion for a long time, it's admirable to watch! Good luck!
Hey, love your videos man! And good luck to you!

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Coming by to wish your Lady good luck today! I'm all over the place, so much love from the Geno, Skull Kid, Banjo and Golisopod threads!

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Please prove all the leakers and slanderers wrong Nintendo. Show us that there's a first time for everything and you appreciate indies to the extent that they can stand side by side with you in the greatest fighting game crossover of all time. To our benevolent ruler and almighty creator Sakurai, we hope your decision is infallible and your wrist healthy. To our haters and supporters alike, we extend all hope of good luck. Thank you, and please understand.

View attachment 163867
Amen

DerErlenkonig

Smash Cadet
I love all this cross-community positivity. I mostly want Doomguy but I'd still be ecstatic to see Shantae.

Here's to a fruitful Direct!

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
Woohoo I made it back from work in record time!

Gonna distract myself best I can before the direct. It may seem ridiculous to pray for something like this, but I am. I want to believe.

But even so, regardless someone is going to be overjoyed that whoever is revealed got in.

Good luck to everyone!

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Thanks Billybo10k! Best of luck to Isaac as well!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Heya Billy. Been enjoying your videos, and commenting on them too(like I said in your latest one I am still sure we are getting 2 echos today). I have a feeling Isaac is coming just not this one. he or geno feels like a big last blow out one to me.

But if he's in today, all the merryier.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Remember, everyone, if Shantae is not shown in this Direct it has ZERO impact on her chances. So please don't freak out if we don't see her today.

Thanks for the support. You and papagenos papagenos are my go to videos for Smash speculation.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys: the day is finally here. I’m personally rooting for both Isaac and Shantae, with at least one of them getting announced today. If both of them got announced, well... I think my theoretical reaction will speak for itself.

Either way, we shall see! :)

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Well guys: the day is finally here. I’m personally rooting for both Isaac and Shantae, with at least one of them getting announced today. If both of them got announced, well... I think my theoretical reaction will speak for itself.

Either way, we shall see! :)
Imagine if they were both announced in the same trailer. That would be completely insane!

Somebody would have to call me an ambulance.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Hey, Billy. Nice to see ya pop in here. If any character, I think Shantae and Isaac have two of the highest chances of being revealed in this Direct so let's hope at least one of us ends up with their dream happening!

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I don't see Issac and Shantae in the same trailer, but for some reason I do see the possibility of either her and Geno or her and Dixie if we do get a dual character reveal.

Geno because they both deal with wishes and Dixie because they both attack with their hair.

But if any existing character is likely to be in a Shantae trailer, my bet would be on either Toon Link or Wario.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
2 more hours to the Direct. Can't wait to see what Etika will break next with the reveal lol.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Hey shantae fans. Dropping in from the Isaac thread to wish you guys luck. She does seem to be the most likely indie character by a long shot. And while the golden boy will always be number 1 in my heart. Shantae is someone in the back of my mind I’d like to see too someday.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Only an hour and a half left. Hope everyone’s wishes get granted!

zferolie

Smash Hero
well time for me to head home. I should arrive about a half hour before the direct if all goes. well. Stay hyped guys!

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Man, Smashboards and Gamefaqs couldn't be further apart. It's amazing to see all the fans of different characters supporting each other.

There are so many great possible characters and sadly they can't all make it (Heck, if I had my way i could make an entire Smash roster of just pokemon) But it's great to see everyone has each other's back on this.

We're all in this together, folks.

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
Man, Smashboards and Gamefaqs couldn't be further apart. It's amazing to see all the fans of different characters supporting each other.

There are so many great possible characters and sadly they can't all make it (Heck, if I had my way i could make an entire Smash roster of just pokemon) But it's great to see everyone has each other's back on this.

I’ve noticed. It’s because of the support from the Isaac thread we have received that I want him in the game along Shantae.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Huh, you should go and tell this to everyone on GameFAQs:

Last edited:
Top Bottom