• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
You know we've peaked at what could be considered Wild Mass Guessing when we're competing to quote Team Fortress videos first.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
"He could be in this very thread. He could be you... He could be me! He could even be..."

I had to.
He could be in this very thread... it could be you! It could be me! It could even be-NO SneakyLink SneakyLink BEAT ME TO IT!
I think this is testament to how good that moment is.

Edit: And now I want someone to edit that scene so all of the quoted are Scout, Solider, and Heavy. Heck, I would not mind me being the one who gets there head blown off. I can take one for the meme.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I think this is testament to how good that moment is.

Edit: And now I want someone to edit that scene so all of the quoted are Scout, Solider, and Heavy. Heck, I would not mind me being the one who gets there head blown off. I can take one for the meme.
Should we start going around calling people on the thread spies now?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey. We're just like 5 pages away from the ashley thread.
Soon we'll be the second superpower in this joint. mouahaha.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Welp. I decided to be silly and ask Matt Bozon about Shantae's height. I...honestly don't know what I expected, but it sure wasn't this answer.
https://twitter.com/MrBozon/status/1039021752725135366
actually this reminds me that i'll be able to get all the smash-canon heights of all the characters thanks to the new training mode stage and the official smash height for ridley (being 4 metres tall) so if shantae is in i'll be able to answer her height in smash

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I can already picture the guys on GameFAQs goin all like "The Shantae fans have really lost it! Now they think Matt Bozon is a spy in their thread! What idiots!"

Imagine there actually is/was a spy from WF? Who do you think it would end up being?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I can already picture the guys on GameFAQs goin all like "The Shantae fans have really lost it! Now they think Matt Bozon is a spy in their thread! What idiots!"

Imagine there actually is/was a spy from WF? Who do you think it would end up being?
No one, they have their hands full deciding which tweets to reply to or not, (or like).

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Waiting for that direct to be re-announced is killing me, and somehow I think my gut feeling from a while ago about it being three weeks is correct.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
height.png

prematurely i did a scale using mario and ridley, but i based it on mario's canon height: 5 feet

ridley is actually pretty close to what sakurai said, if ridley stretched his neck completely upwards he could indeed be 4 metres

on the topic of shantae coming from this scale, how tall do you'd think she'd be in smash?

Last edited:

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
on the topic of shantae coming from this scale, how tall do you'd think she'd be in smash?
First of all your usage of both meters and feet in the same post disgusts me

Second, she'd be just a bit over 1.5 meters I think

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
First of all your usage of both meters and feet in the same post disgusts me

Second, she'd be just a bit over 1.5 meters I think
im a weird canadian who doesn't bother converting XD (for the muricans here, 4 metres is around 13 feet)

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
I know I said I was taking a break from this place, but somebody called me a spy so I had to check. Trust me, I would love to be working with Wayforward but no, I'm not the spy. Do you really think so lowly of me?

your name is mostly just fun to type

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I know I said I was taking a break from this place, but somebody called me a spy so I had to check. Trust me, I would love to be working with Wayforward but no, I'm not the spy. Do you really think so lowly of me? Do you all hate me or something?
No Smash news and no Shantae reveal makes forum posters something something...

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
So a share from a Facebook group pointed me to this gem I didn't know about:

"But Shantae isn't known overseas!"
She's known enough that people go as far as making fanimations of her soooo....*raspberry*

(Yes, I know this is Korean not Japanese, but it's still cool to see.)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I know I said I was taking a break from this place, but somebody called me a spy so I had to check. Trust me, I would love to be working with Wayforward but no, I'm not the spy. Do you really think so lowly of me? Do you all hate me or something?
I think they like playing with you a little. You can be fun to play with, just like you play a little with others too, dont you think?

Last edited:

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
I rather have anything but the emo hog. Never liked Shadow ever since he came in the Sonic series. But I won't condemn anyone who wants him, just not my cup of tea. Skull Kid I honestly believe does deserve to be in. He was very popular that Sakurai had to tell in his direct, that he was a AT.
I've never understood the point of Shadow. I know he's supposed to be an Anti-Hero version of Sonic but wasn't Sonic himself already an Anti-Hero?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh, thanks for clarifying that. My name comes from a beloved plush toy I used to have. I continue using it on everything, because I know nobody else will ever be called that. Could you just leave me be for the next couple of days, I really need to take a small break from this site.
DyllyBirdy will be taking a short hiatus from here for now.

and we'll receive you again when you're up to it :)

Top Bottom