• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member

So I found This article sakurai talking about the music and the composers had to sign nda’s as well do you think jake Kaufman the composer of the shantae series is under an nda as well?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So I found This article sakurai talking about the music and the composers had to sign nda’s as well do you think jake Kaufman the composer of the shantae series is under an nda as well?
Probably. I don't think you can Kaufman behind when you are using the Shantae property, his music is a staple of the games. The question to me though, is he gonna be remixing some other properties?

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
I'm under NDA for non-related things. Since my online handle hasn't been connected to my real name it doesn't matter for me to say that!

NDA's are a pretty good deterrent to leaks. Long arm of the law and all that. (Dylly needs longer arms to catch the cookie thief and trouble posters)

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
People under NDA can't admit that they're under one. I thought that was one of the most self-explanatory things about them.
Eh. I'm technically under an NDA as well because my job is related to the manufacture of electronics part of which is government work. Depends on the NDA. Lulz.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
What if instead of someone from Shantae, Wayforward elects Patricia Wagon to be an assist instead? She could screen KO fighters with spontaneously appearing switch blocks.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
What if instead of someone from Shantae, Wayforward elects Patricia Wagon to be an assist instead? She could screen KO fighters with spontaneously appearing switch blocks.
Oh geez, those things straight OHKO.

Come to think of it, Bowser's final smash acts eerily similar...

MORE CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE!!!

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Jake Kaufman's Bandcamp

Welp, there it is.

did i finally do something slightly useful
Wait, he also worked on Shovel knight?

I wonder if he'd mention any Shovel Knight tracks for smash if asked... Or maybe he's still hiding something...

*cough, I don't use twitter, someone get on this, cough*

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Wait, he also worked on Shovel knight?

I wonder if he'd mention any Shovel Knight tracks for smash if asked... Or maybe he's still hiding something...
I think the big reason he was apart of Shovel Knight was due to Yachtclub's founders previous history as developers of Wayforward, so they all knew each other.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Good find there, that may provide more evidence.

Us, the fans? :p
I'm under NDA for non-related things. Since my online handle hasn't been connected to my real name it doesn't matter for me to say that!

NDA's are a pretty good deterrent to leaks. Long arm of the law and all that. (Dylly needs longer arms to catch the cookie thief and trouble posters)
I'm under NDA for an unrelated indie project (not a game) I've been involved with for a while (specifically, said NDA consisting of "speak of the specifics to no one except your most trustworthy friends"). Less about brand image protection, and more of making sure no one steals any of the materials while it's under development, but that's neither here nor there.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
So now the music director for the Shantae series might be in radio silence mode. Anyone can confirm this?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Nice investigative work. :D

small note: we're about to go to page 150, and we were at 50 near around two weeks ago. So 100 pages in 2 weeks XD

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
So now the music director for the Shantae series might be in radio silence mode. Anyone can confirm this?
I can't, I'm just going on a hutch, because he is affiliated with WayForward, which if you consider them to being under NDA, among every other person who worked on Shantae being under NDA, it would make sense that he'd be under NDA.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Looks like we might have a mole on here from Gamefaqs...

Shantae Disconfirmed as playable character.

For those who don't want to read, someone over there posted about how they saw us talking about the pictures with Smash hashtags that Matt and WF retweeted and they now believe she can't be playable.

They say that they are a Shantae hopeful, but I have the feeling that is a guise they are using to make their disbelief seems more credible.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

For those who don't want to read, someone over there posted about how they saw us talking about the pictures with Smash hashtags that Matt and WF retweeted and they now believe she can't be playable.

They say that they are a Shantae hopeful, but I have the feeling that is a guise they are using to make their disbelief seems more credible.
That's actually pretty sad, that they'd use something from here to build something to tear down.
Just a random person with their thoughts. I say pay it no mind.

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
^ Yeah, literally no Shantae supporter familiar with GameFAQs at all would apologize to "Shantae haters" there.

GameFAQs is a toxic cesspit that can't stand Shantae. There's zero reason for any self-respecting fan to appeal to them.

(Incidentally, /v/ stalks this thread too. Just keep that in mind if you get anxious about being watched.)

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I sent him a tweet asking if we could get a new take on "We Love Burning Town" in the near future, went ahead and used the #Shantae4Smash and #shantaeforsmash tags. We'll see what happens.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The dude does support Shantae from their posting history. However, I stated earlier that I don't think the retweet means much, mainly because it's a shoehorned in Hashtag on an art post.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord

Man, this is some Der Untergang **** coming on here. XD They must be the same people who brought us to negativity a couple days ago, I think, so I won't pay my mind towards them.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
That's actually pretty sad, that they'd use something from here to build something to tear down.
Just a random person with their thoughts. I say pay it no mind.
Man, this is some Der Untergang **** coming on here. XD They must be the same people who brought us to negativity a couple days ago, I think, so I won't pay my mind towards them.
Oh, I wasn't feeling like it had any relevance on her chances, more that we are getting attention and it is making others nervous enough that they feel the need to take counter measures.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

It's GameFAQs. Pay them no attention considering how much they hate Shantae (or pretty much any female character). They are not to be trusted at all and are not remotely credible.

D

Deleted member

EVERYBODY IGNORE GAMEFAQS STAY POSITIVE YALL WE CANT END UP LIKE THIS AGAIN!

Tybalt: Herbal One

Smash Cadet

I'm pretty certain they're not really a Shantae hopeful. For one, they know about this Smashboard, and decided that rather than update their topic with you guys' findings and conclusions and instead left it. Secondly saying "sorry to all the shantae fans (including me)" doesn't really sound like there is any feeling there. At least to me. Especially with "looks like the non-Shantae fans were right."

That being said it is gamefaqs so i took the statement with -1 pinches of salt

Edited: added "and instead left it."

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Oh, I wasn't feeling like it had any relevance on her chances, more that we are getting attention and it is making others nervous enough that they feel the need to take counter measures.
I'm sort of glad that they're getting nervous and are trying to take countermeasures to try to "stop" us, because that means that we have the power and strength to keep going through this. The strength to never give up on the Half-Genie and to dance through the danger through the darkness. As well as through the fire and the flames, while carrying on, of course.

Last edited:

Booper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
I think we're being too harsh.
The user has posted here before and hasn't tried to bring negativity here, but concerned decided to put their negative feelings somewhere else.
I understand being upset when people bring negativity into this thread, but I don't think we should judge people for being doubtful but deciding to take it elsewhere instead.

Saying "they're not a real supporter" or getting upset that they're being negative when they're going out of their way to not drag us down with them doesn't make much sense to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom