• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Ok i'm confused now.

Oh, have you guys seen this?

A new nintendo game on Mobile devices maybe?
Are we getting Nintendo mouse controllers?

This is reallly interesting!

zferolie

Smash Hero

Juuuuuust a little observation.
Thats a nice catch there. I doubt Sakurai would not have a perfect filled sheet. he seems too OCD for that

Somehow I doubt a little thing like a uneven music selection screen would stop Sakurai from adding more than three new franchises.
Yeah, but probably base may be three more. Shantae, Rayman, and Geno(though geno could be a mario rep... kinda see him placed in his own thing)

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Thats a nice catch there. I doubt Sakurai would not have a perfect filled sheet. he seems too OCD for that

Yeah, but probably base may be three more. Shantae, Rayman, and Geno(though geno could be a mario rep... kinda see him placed in his own thing)
I don't believe they would have an entire section dedicated to Super Mario RPG music. It could be Golden Sun though.

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice

There's also always the possibilty of Golden Sun or Rhythm Heaven filling said voids.

Not to mention Banjo-Kazooie as well.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Geno would have the Mario series icon.
Honestly, the whole Geno icon debate is a big one. Would he be separate due to his nature as a third party? The same goes for the games songs, they are not owned by the Mario property.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Golden Sun, Shantae, Rhythm Heaven could be potential choices.

I just don't see Geno being separate from Mario and I frankly see Banjo as DLC instead of base roster.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If Microsoft wants to play ball and Square doesn't, I could believe it.
The thing is Square does want to play ball. It has been pretty much said in the last Famitsu that certain series has lesss music(Like FF) because of the huge licensing costs. And before someone says that's Square being stingy, there has been evidence that even Square itself has had trouble licensing there old songs nowadays, so they are as much a victim of it.

zferolie

Smash Hero
You guys are right Banjo or Isaac could be there, and Geno with the Mario symbol. Its just my list of guessed final characters are Shantae, A pokemon Rep, a retro rep(doubt they would get their own logo unless they get a ton of music, Duck hunt is in other after all), Elma, Geno, and Rayman(Ubisoft and nintendo are just way too close atm)

If Banjo or Isaac are in... I guess I would replace Elma with them... but that would make me sad.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
The thing is, Shantae is probably the easiest third party/indie character Nintendo could get for Smash. We know that there is licensing/money issues with Square and Microsoft, whereas WayForward would jump at the chance to let their character be used in Smash. Hell, they'd probably let them use Shantae for free considering how much exposure she'd in Smash.

I think Shantae would be much easier to get than Geno and Banjo and I wonder if that was something Sakurai considered in getting the rights to these characters.

Now I do think Geno will be in Ultimate, but I'm not as sure about Banjo, which is why I think he'll be DLC if he's in.

D

Deleted member

The thing is, Shantae is probably the easiest third party/indie character Nintendo could get for Smash. We know that there is licensing/money issues with Square and Microsoft, whereas WayForward would jump at the chance to let their character be used in Smash. Hell, they'd probably let them use Shantae for free considering how much exposure she'd in Smash.

I think Shantae would be much easier to get than Geno and Banjo and I wonder if that was something Sakurai considered in getting the rights to these characters.

Now I do think Geno will be in Ultimate, but I'm not as sure about Banjo, which is why I think he'll be DLC if he's in.
Yeah I have high hopes geno can get in besides it is the ultimate smash bros/slumber party you know what I’m saying (wink wink);)

Swade

Smash Apprentice
Heh, you know what? I love you all for your positive vibes. Even after the messy bout of negativity, we still got out of that sticky situation with nothing more than a few scratches.
Same here, there's a lot of good vibes here.

D

Deleted member

Heh, you know what? I love you all for your positive vibes. Even after the messy bout of negativity, we still got out of that sticky situation with nothing more than a few scratches.
Same I’m glad I came by to end it all

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Golden Sun, Shantae, Rhythm Heaven could be potential choices.

I just don't see Geno being separate from Mario and I frankly see Banjo as DLC instead of base roster.
Very honestly, if Geno gets in, I'd expect it to be in part to nintendo finally reclaiming the character.

D

Deleted member

Shantae is probably the easiest popular character from a legal stand point. As Matt (and his wife Erin) own the character Shantae. And with Matt being such a huge fan of nintendo I could not see any reason Matt would demand anything, even money. He's smart enough to know getting in smash would set Shantae for life.

However we don't know what sorta stipulations nintendo could make. Doubt they would demand anything unreasonable.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I would love to play this music when some idiot tries to use faulty information about Shantae not having a chance at all.
I think I have shown this before, but it just fits.

Now I really want to hear what Shantae saying objection would sound like...

Last edited:

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Well seems like you guys don't slow down even overnight haha.

So still no word on the new direct time, AND still no update to the smash site. they for sure had more then 1 character planned to announce at that direct.
The smash site does not typically update on weekends whatsoever, unfortunately, so it's not really evidence of anything

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, It looks like Karate Joe was supposed to be the announced character in friday's direct.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Are you guy's hoping Shantae will be voiced more like Snake or Mario with just general "action' noises? I'd like her to be a bit talky personally. She just seems like she'd be excited to be there, like Pit.

VizardJeffhog

Smash Cadet
NNID
VizardJeffhog
Unfortunately, It looks like Karate Joe was supposed to be the announced character in friday's direct.

PushDustIn, to the rescue!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
PushDustIn, to the rescue!

Push has discredited so many leaks and confirmed them as fake that it honestly impresses me with how quickly he's able to find the flaws in them.

Top Bottom