• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I just like the idea that people who are watching us see us gaining traction and feel like they desperately have to do something to tear us down from the inside. The only thing to take from that topic is that the anti-Shantae base pays as much attention to her as we do and now they are getting scared.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Heheh, exactly! We're not gonna give up that easily! And we're gonna make it hard for us to give up!
Though I'll say that I'm in the wrong when I stated that it was people trying to introduce discord among us so that we'd fight one another. Because I don't really understand psyches that well.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I think we're being too harsh.
Motorbug has posted here before and hasn't tried to bring negativity here, but concerned decided to put their negative feelings somewhere else.
I understand being upset when people bring negativity into this thread, but I don't think we should judge people for being doubtful but deciding to take it elsewhere instead.

Saying "they're not a real supporter" or getting upset that they're being negative doesn't make much sense to me.
If that is true, I am sorry. I didn't recognize the username and thus assumed it was someone who wasn't part of this board but viewing as a guest.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
We'll see who will have the last laugh regarding Shantae in smash. I may be delusional, but I am pretty sure she'll be playable at this point.

D

Deleted member

I'm sort of glad that they're getting nervous and are trying to take countermeasures to try to "stop" us, because that means that we have the power and strength to keep going through this. The strength to never give up on the Half-Genie and to dance through the danger through the darkness. As well as through the fire and the flames, while carrying on, of course.

Your right gamefaqs is trash and besides We have some evendence

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
I am getting serious Ridley deja vu. Most of the arguments against us have been some variation of "I can't see her getting in over x"

Coincidentally, Shantae has beaten Ridley in many of the polls that we know about. I kinda feel like he wasn't a chart topper like we were led to believe from his EXTREMELY VOCAL followers.
You would be surprised. I'm one of Ridely's Space Pirates, and he and K. Rool are basically bros. when it comes to the Smash Community. Those two where always high up there.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
It's sad that people will go out of their way to bring negativity to this thread and to the Smash community itself. It's one thing to be pessimistic, but to constantly bring or even force that negativity to this thread does not help anyone. It's best to ignore the haters and those who wish to bring everyone else down.

It's not over until it's over.

MagusOfIllusions

Smash Cadet
Man imagine how Wayforward must feel about shantae in smash if she's actually in and then having to wait like us to celebrate it.
Got to be rough especially with this unfortunate delay and of course the fan outcry on their social media.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I'm doubtful now that Jake Kaufman or any western composers were contacted to join the fray.

Based on the recent interview, we also have to keep in mind if she gets in how many of the composers wanted to remix whatever music they chose to include from her franchise.

I do hope however the total number of tracks from this universe is close to a grand total of 20.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
The user has posted here before and hasn't tried to bring negativity here, but concerned decided to put their negative feelings somewhere else.
I understand being upset when people bring negativity into this thread, but I don't think we should judge people for being doubtful but deciding to take it elsewhere instead.

Saying "they're not a real supporter" or getting upset that they're being negative when they're going out of their way to not drag us down with them doesn't make much sense to me.
I'll admit I wasn't thinking straight when I posted that topic hence why I closed it soon after. Doing things on impulse without thinking is something that my Asperger's Syndrome can cause me to do so i just hope I didn't do too much damage.

Last edited:

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I'm doubtful now that Jake Kaufman or any western composers were contacted to join the fray.

Based on the recent interview, we also have to keep in mind if she gets in how many of the composers wanted to remix whatever music they chose to include from her franchise.

I do hope however the total number of tracks from this universe is close to a grand total of 20.
Yeah, if David Wise or Grant Kirkhope weren't contacted I don't see why Jake Kaufman would be. It'd still would be cool to see a western composer on the team though.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
I'll admit I wasn't thinking straight when I posted that topic hence why I closed it soon after. Doing things on impulse without thinking is something that my Asperger's Syndrome can cause me to do so i just hope I didn't do too much damage.
I can relate to that. Though it's mainly me being extremely focused on Shantae and my hopes that I can see her finally make it.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
It's all cool man. I type off the seat of my pants all the time and sometimes say things I regret. I also have been diagnosed as mildly Autistic so I get it dude.

Swade

Smash Apprentice
Hey man it's cool, **** happens right?

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration

That's the thing though. Kaufman would still be contacted since it is his music. Even if he doesn't get to do some himself, they have to contact him.

D

Deleted member

You would be surprised. I'm one of Ridely's Space Pirates, and he and K. Rool are basically bros. when it comes to the Smash Community. Those two where always high up there.
Other Than the remixes there’s a chance that his music would be in there with no arrangements so don’t loose hope y’all

Tybalt: Herbal One

Smash Cadet
The user has posted here before and hasn't tried to bring negativity here, but concerned decided to put their negative feelings somewhere else.

Saying "they're not a real supporter" or getting upset that they're being negative when they're going out of their way to not drag us down with them doesn't make much sense to me.
I'll also apologise, for jumping the gun and rushing to conclusions.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
My brother has the same syndrom, that's ok, plus you havn't done anything wrong :)

Kalomaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
sonicmarioguy
What's going on here? Drama or smthn?

Also, GameFAQs isnt as much of a hivemind as y'all may think it is. Plenty of people support, and a lot of the people who make these shantae troll threads get called out eventually.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So here’s all the evidence For shantae...

Jammies mode, mimics speech at the end of jammies mode,shantae not apering in any fighting games,wayforwards nda,the room from the direct,the blog post before the delay,daisy hip bumping in the art work,Zelda’s new victory pose,Cristina vee’s silence, Matt bozon’s silence,shulks new monando teqnic similar to shantaes dance,jake Kaufman’s silence,and the fan art liking/retweeting

My chances are now at 75% ladies and gentlemen.........this may be it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalomaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
sonicmarioguy

Jammies mode, mimics speech at the end of jammies mode,shantae not apering in any fighting games,wayforwards nda,the room from the direct,the blog post before the delay,daisy hip bumping in the art work,Zelda’s new victory pose,Cristina vee’s silence, Matt bozon’s silence,shulks new monando teqnic similar to shantaes dance,jake Kaufman’s silence,and the fan art liking/retweeting

My chances are now at 75% ladies and gentlemen.........this may be it!
Remove jammies mode, mimics speech, the room, blog post, zelda pose, and shulk's thing, as those are all the ones leaning towards tinfoil the absolute most.
The rest IMO are rather intriguing.

Last edited:

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
Well now we've gone three days without a daily update on the smash blog. Even if the planned update for the 6th involved a new character, how hard would it be to swap around unrelated items or stages? Unless they had sequential updates planned involving unannounced items etc.

Last edited:

Booper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Well now we've gone three days without a daily update on the smash blog. Even if the planned update for the 6th involved a new character, how hard would it be to swap around unrelated items or stages? Unless they had sequential updates planned involving unannounced items etc.
It's the weekend, the blog generally doesn't update.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Matt Bozon must've cried if Sakurai actually made her into a playable fighter. Can't even imagine how that must feel.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Remove jammies mode, mimics speech, the room, blog post, zelda pose, and shulk's thing, as those are all the ones leaning towards tinfoil the absolute most.
The rest IMO are rather intriguing.
Eh, that's the sad part. We're pretty much worshipping the tin foil hat. XD
But yeah, if I may interject, even without Kalomaze's removals, that still gives her a rather solid speculation pool that could or could not be interpreted as evidence.

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?

With all due respect, a lot of this isn't evidence. It's very heavy speculation.

The only solid pieces we have are:

- WayForward's silence
- Jammies mode
- Fan polls from the ballot era look good for her

Everything else is a reach.

---

Sorry, but I feel like it's important to distinguish between actual evidence and speculation. If you were to present these things to people that are neutral towards Shantae's inclusion, you might come off as reaching extra hard. Like Ridley's shadow levels of reaching.

There are logical reasons for her inclusion that need not entail these leaps of faith.

Last edited:

Kalomaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
sonicmarioguy
Eh, that's the sad part. We're pretty much worshipping the tin foil hat. XD
But yeah, if I may interject, even without Kalomaze's removals, that still gives her a rather solid evidence pool.
For sure, though it's still all speculation and none of it is REALLY solid besides the companies silence, and daisy hip bump which may not even be for shantae /shrug

Honestly IMO it's a big fat 50/50 AT or fighter. Shes bound to be represented in at least minimal form as a trophy in my eyes, due to this silence

Last edited:
Top Bottom