• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
There's nothing wrong with being negative, especially if it's just to get something out or to discuss opinions (which can sometimes ease your mind)..
It's just when it gets out of hand or overruns others' thoughts, or gives untrue impressions, that it shakes things up a bit too much.

I like this thread, and talking things with yous :)
You did raise a good point, in my book.
So I won't oppose you for it.

Though I don't think we should dwell on it for longer than necessary.
Just saying... ;)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You did raise a good point, in my book.
So I won't oppose you for it.

Though I don't think we should dwell on it for longer than necessary.
Just saying... ;)
It depends on the case, but to be honest If I'd read a bit more before posting, I might've said something different, because you pretty much already went through some of what I thought. I don't regret posting, but I do think sometimes I can be impulsive :)

S'all good. I appreciate you trying to keep a positive roll going. That doesn't happen often on online forums, so I'm grateful.
Doesn't mean we can't shoot **** around either. XD
But kindness is nice, and so is fun.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Panic mode due to no information for anything, not just smash.

It goes from wondering when the next direct is, anticipating the newly announced direct, having said direct delayed the very day it was supposed to drop, and then not being told any information about it afterwards. No date. No estimate. Nothing.

Then, on top of that, we're getting devs and publications dropping dates and titles that were supposed to be in the direct. All of this culminates in a panicked feeling among Nintendo fans. The direct is losing it's power every single minute that it's delayed, and that really, really sucks.

And then add a rumored smash announcement on top. Yeah, that's a recipe for disaster.
Yeah thats true. the direct won't be as awesome with all these companies saying everything in it. The only surprises will be snd and 1st party stuff... which there still be a bunch of(including smash). Plus the nintendo online service.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Dropping in as a new guest to the table.

I have my expectation to a new announcement of smash ultimate in any shape or form. Other then Smash, I do see that some games that were not brought up will get the spotlight for this one.

Though we already know about the upcoming yoshi title and Megaman 11 getting a demo before its release on October 2.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to Smashboards! Though this probably wasn't really the best time to join...
It seems everywhere I look people are just freaking out. Kinda makes me feel bad for Nintendo: surprising everyone with a direct announcement only to be hit by natural disasters, delaying it and sending the whole community in a panic.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
You know what, put me on the support list.

I already got Ridley, who I wanted more than anyone else, Balloon Fighter seems like a no show thus far and Murky is just a fever dream I want but nobody else really does. Shantae is the only character right now I can get seriously behind, because the game is already fitting the name Ultimate as far as I am concerned.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
One direct is delayed people are acting like the earth exploded... glad the whole ‘giving up’ thing was solved.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239

I already got Ridley, who I wanted more than anyone else, Balloon Fighter seems like a no show thus far and Murky is just a fever dream I want but nobody else really does. Shantae is the only character right now I can get seriously behind, because the game is already fitting the name Ultimate as far as I am concerned.
Welcome to the #ShantaeForSmash official SmashBoards. Where our love for our Half Genie Hero is prevalent no matter what happens.

EDIT: Welcome all that joins. We welcome you all with open arms(or text lol).

Last edited:

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
Well, I imagine it's similar to the feeling you'd have if you showed up to the airport to find out your flight was cancelled that very day with no information given on when a new flight could be booked. If no direct had ever been announced in the first place we'd still be going about our business like usual expecting something in the latter half of September for their online service. I think people are going a bit TOO crazy, though. It was actually kind of disgusting reading some of the twitter feed and people legitimately getting upset and flaming Nintendo for delaying the direct for the earthquake, their argument basically being that Japan's problems shouldn't stop them from airing a prerecorded direct to the rest of the world. It's so selfish.

Dukefire

Smash Master
We are currently treading on thin ice, so anything can trigger for the ice to break.

I will say this:

Keep your wits about to you and focus on the now. Worry about the future later, it will keep eating away at you the longer you hold onto that feeling.

Right now, lets enjoy today. Tomorrow is always a mystery we can't predict even if we try.

Image is made by Edwards Digital Studios

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Well, I imagine it's similar to the feeling you'd have if you showed up to the airport to find out your flight was cancelled that very day with no information given on when a new flight could be booked. If no direct had ever been announced in the first place we'd still be going about our business like usual expecting something in the latter half of September for their online service. I think people are going a bit TOO crazy, though. It was actually kind of disgusting reading some of the twitter feed and people legitimately getting upset and flaming Nintendo for delaying the direct for the earthquake, their argument basically being that Japan's problems shouldn't stop them from airing a prerecorded direct to the rest of the world. It's so selfish.
That's just sad. Nintendo really don't deserve the amount of harassment that they're getting.

Last edited:

Swade

Smash Apprentice
We are currently treading on thin ice, so anything can trigger for the ice to break.

I will say this:

Keep your wits about to you and focus on the now. Worry about the future later, it will keep eating away at you the longer you hold onto that feeling.

Right now, lets enjoy today. Tomorrow is always a mystery we can't predict even if we try.

Image is made by Edwards Digital Studios

It is a cute picture if I do say so myself.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
What they've been able to update so far is on page one of this thread.

Currently there are 116.
Oh I see. Didn't know that. BRB then.

EDIT: Woops. Didn't see that you already had :ultgreninja:me there lol

Last edited:

Booper Blooper

Smash Apprentice

Might as well add me to the support list as well.
Well now I have to join in too.
Welcome to all of you!
To the Shantae thread for the veteran members, and the the boards in general to those new here, welcome all of you and I hope you enjoy your time here!

As for the tensions and nerves, I recommend playing some of the DLC in HGH. That's what I've been doing the past few days.
It's still silly fun, and the writing is still great and funny, even a couple times through.
The aftermath of the Techno Baron fight in Ninja mode crac;ks me up every time (though I won't spoil it here.)

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Welcome to all of you!
To the Shantae thread for the veteran members, and the the boards in general to those new here, welcome all of you and I hope you enjoy your time here!

As for the tensions and nerves, I recommend playing some of the DLC in HGH. That's what I've been doing the past few days.
It's still silly fun, and the writing is still great and funny, even a couple times through.
The aftermath of the Techno Baron fight in Ninja mode crac;ks me up every time (though I won't spoil it here.)
I have been playing the Mighty Switchforce DLC costume mode and sure can be fun. All fun till you get crushed by a cube.

Tybalt: Herbal One

Smash Cadet
Had a lot of fun with the Mighty switch force dlc. The beach one was brutal though. Died way more times than I wanna recall haha

Dukefire

Smash Master
This is more of a easter egg, but if you do talk to mimic at a certain point on your adventure. He will give out a talk about 4 certain people on them completing their adventure.

One completes the adventure slow while accomplishing everything.

One that accomplishing everything in a hurry.

One that rushes through focusing on the time only.

One that finishes their quest steady with the focus on the goal only.

Can you guess the 4 characters Mimic was referring to?

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
  1. That seems to be something like what Shantae would do, because she's sort of that slow-goer.
  2. Could possibly be Rottytops, in reference to her coffee needs.
  3. Sky, anyone?
  4. This could be Risky Boots, since she's also similarly diligent in her design to rule the world.

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
Yesterday night, we were only about 20 replies higher than the Geno thread.

Now we're at over 400 higher. We are a ****ing rocket right now, holy crap. Kinda ridiculous (but expected) considering that last graph I made.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
This is more of a easter egg, but if you do talk to mimic at a certain point on your adventure. He will give out a talk about 4 certain people on them completing their adventure.

1. Link?
2. Sonic
3. no idea
4. Mario

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman

Completionist
SpeedRunner
No idea for the 3rd, could be speedrunner again but time based.
Pacer.

EDIT: Could anyone find the beach tweet from Wayfoward? I got another theory wrapped around some tinfoil.

Last edited:

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
It was proven fake. remember....A N Y O N E C A N M A K E A F A K E L E A K !

Edit: be carfull next time when looking at leaks
Guys I have some insider info that Sakurai's gonna put himself in the game. His entire moveset is just the knee with a stagewide hitbox and his final smash will nerf all his opponents out of existence. Don't ask for proof or I could lose my fake job.

Dukefire

Smash Master
  1. That seems to be something like what Shantae would do, because she's sort of that slow-goer.
  2. Could possibly be Rottytops, in reference to her coffee needs.
  3. Sky, anyone?
  4. This could be Risky Boots, since she's also similarly diligent in her design to rule the world.
1. Link: People wanting to collect and complete all side quests and items

2. Samus: Speedrunners 100% every collectable under a certain time

3. Sonic: Just go for the fastest time

4. Mario: go for the goal

Top Bottom