• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I cant help but be irked by Nintendo if they dont put up the Direct before the Famitsu magazine comes out, hopefully they got in touch with them or put the direct up before then. Also it would it just be bad for them to have thier most anticpated news be shown off NOT by their own direct.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So I've been reading up on the last pages, and I have trouble not saying anything, because it's sad to me that people let 1 person's mood and perspective change their overall picture of things.

I'm talking about Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12 . Maybe a few other people were negative besides that, but it mostly came from this person. I'm not going to say someone negative can't be a shantae supporter, but this person is new, and was talking as if what they thought would apply to everyone.

But overall, as much as I want her in, there’s no denying that the base of our theories was a water-tight NDA. Without that, it’s game over. I’m giving up now just so her inevitable reveal as an AT hopefully won’t be as devastating.
I would like you to please stop talking as if 'we' are part of your views. And how we view our theories isn't like you. I don't like being lumped in others' thoughts. What you think isn't what we've been discussing along.

Sorry if this has already been handled by some, but it pissed me off a bit. Hollywoodrok, you're free to be a supporter, and you can think what you want, but don't drag others down with you, I'm already starting to see you in a light of being opposition rather than a supporter. That's just me being honest here.

and DeltaSceptile DeltaSceptile , I don't know if it was cleared up, but don't worry, it's just a few people getting dragged in, it's not the case that people have given up at all.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Oh jeez... Now I sort of wish that the Direct wasn't revealed to be for yesterday back in the first days of September. It was so friendly here, then in comes people who makes us sad and now we're just fighting among each other. This isn't the way that we support her, we're supposed to be tightly knit, not cut apart by a few choice words.

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
Man this is an awkward spot.

On the one hand, seeing reveals in Nintendo's direct without knowing what's coming is a special kind of magic.

On the other hand, there's the desire to just want to know already. Anticipation is murder.

I mean, the Ryu trailer was cool and all but we already knew that he was in the game. Cloud's trailer, however, completely caught me off guard though.
Oh man I remember that. I've never had an affinity to Final Fantasy 7 (I was a late getting into the FF franchise, I started with 10) so I wasn't blown away.

But all my friends and online acquaintances who did have an attachment to 7? Hoo boy the sheer explosive hype from them. It's one of those things where you see someone so overwhelmingly happy and you can't help but feel good :D

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
So I've been reading up on the last pages, and I have trouble not saying anything, because it's sad to me that people let 1 person's mood and perspective change their overall picture of things.

I'm talking about Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12 . Maybe a few other people were negative besides that, but it mostly came from this person. I'm not going to say someone negative can't be a shantae supporter, but this person is new, and was talking as if what they thought would apply to everyone.

I would like you to please stop talking as if 'we' are part of your views. And how we view our theories isn't like you. I don't like being lumped in others' thoughts. What you think isn't what we've been discussing along.

Sorry if this has already been handled by some, but it pissed me off a bit. Hollywoodrok, you're free to be a supporter, and you can think what you want, but don't drag others down with you, I'm already starting to see you in a light of being opposition rather than a supporter. That's just me being honest here.

and DeltaSceptile DeltaSceptile , I don't know if it was cleared up, but don't worry, it's just a few people getting dragged in, it's not the case that people have given up at all.
Can't we all be friends... please. I remember about 30 pages ago this being the nicest place to discuss Shantae. It seems the earthquake brought out the worst in people.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh jeez... Now I sort of wish that the Direct wasn't revealed to be for yesterday back in the first days of September. It was so friendly here, then in comes people who makes us sad and now we're just fighting among each other. This isn't the way that we support her, we're supposed to be tightly knit, not cut apart by a few choice words.
I can tell you're a bit sensitive to arguments. Sorry to bring it back up again, but if I feel it's important to talk about, I'd rather my post not be taken as if I'm doing something wrong to say my point about someone. I don't intend to start arguments, just make a point about these things.

Edit: Why are so many people having trouble with this? Is it so wrong to say what's on my mind about someone who's done things I don't like?
I was just momentarily upset, I'm not going to carry this. relax

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I can tell you're a bit sensitive to arguments. Sorry to bring it back up again, but if I feel it's important to talk about, I'd rather my post not be taken as if I'm doing something wrong to say my point about someone. I don't intend to start arguments, just make a point about these things.

Edit: Why are so many people having trouble with this? Is it so wrong to say what's on my mind about someone who's done things I don't like?
I was just momentarily upset, I'm not going to carry this. relax
It just sounded like starting a witch hunt is all. best to not even bring up all the negitive from last night

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
I mean, his opinion is fine, he is just pessimistic in order not to be disappointed which I think is ok, I wouldn't go as far as calling him a detractor. It's up for us to take him/her with us on the optimistic side ^^ Because we also have reasons to be.
All in all, we already have a super cool game waiting for us, in which we may still have our great Half-Genie ! If she can save Sequin Land from a buch of evil barons, a dumb mayor and a greedy pirate ( also Rotty who is not always helping ) nothing is impossible for her :D

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Being pessimistic in order to not be let down is perfectly fine. We all have different emotional responses to thing we care about, so it's only natural it happens. Just let people be people.
I'm going to continue hoping for the best and look forward towards the presentation in the next few days.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean, his opinion is fine, he is just pessimistic in order not to be disappointed which I think is ok, I wouldn't go as far as calling him a detractor. It's up for us to take him/her with us on the optimistic side ^^ Because we also have reasons to be.
All in all, we already have a super cool game waiting for us, in which we may still have our great Half-Genie ! If she can save Sequin Land from a buch of evil barons, a dumb mayor and a greedy pirate ( also Rotty who is not always helping ) nothing is impossible for her :D
I mean, I agree with you. It's just there was a bit more than just being pessimistic here. It doesn't stop me from having been a bit pissed at what happened. For whatever reason, some people here don't want this to roll into hate for someone, which I think is great and I'm all for positivity. Learning to be true to how you feel as well as come back to positivity is one of the most important things I'm learning, so I'm glad that you're all being considerate, and at the same time I still want to express myself, so please understand that too. That's all I can say for now. If holly continues the way he has, I'll be vocal about it again. for now I'll let it go since it's just a possible concern of mine, nothing more. And I certainly won't pin others to have to feel the same way I do.
;)

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
everyone one is welcome to their opinions. :) But still don't say anyone is wrong in a way.

Anyway, so, um... what do we talk about other then whens the direct and other things lol

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Hey, look on the bright side. Because the Direct wasn't revealed yesterday, that means there will be less time from the upcoming direct to the next Smash Direct, if that makes sense.

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
I can't speak for others, but I feel Shantae has always had a lot of "on the fence" supporters compared to other newcomers. What I mean by that is she represents the underdog, a seemingly never-ever indie in the face of icons or long running requests like Geno, Banjo, K. Rool, Ridley etc. Despite all that and especially compared to other characters with similar status, she actually has a reasonable chance given the information and circumstantial evidence we have. Add on the crazy amount of potential she has in a game like smash, given her abilities, and how well her series fits the overall theme and mood of smash has made her one of the most fun characters to speculate over and root for.

I think it's pretty natural that there are a lot of people biting their nails at any new speculation surrounding Shantae, given her indie status, although I agree that the doom-and-gloom response at anything that could potentially hurt her chances outside of a direct deconfirmation is not healthy for the forum.

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
This thread (and other places online) are in total panic mode. I know that this recent activity on here doesn't seem like much, but it stems from the same source.

It's like being told "hold your breath for 10 seconds" and then doing it, but before you exhale they snap your nose and lips shut. Then you aren't told how long you must wait before you can breathe again. Painc mode. That's where we are at rn.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I cant help but be irked by Nintendo if they dont put up the Direct before the Famitsu magazine comes out, hopefully they got in touch with them or put the direct up before then. Also it would it just be bad for them to have thier most anticpated news be shown off NOT by their own direct.
It would be positively absurd for Famitsu to go "business as usual" when the whole country is currently in a state of alert.

I mean, the Ryu trailer was cool and all but we already knew that he was in the game. Cloud's trailer, however, completely caught me off guard though.
Yeah, seeing something for the first time is a lot less special when you already know what's coming. I can understand why Sakurai hates spoilers.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
It would be positively absurd for Famitsu to go "business as usual" when the whole country is currently in a state of alert.

Yeah, seeing something for the first time is a lot less special when you already know what's coming. I can understand why Sakurai hates spoilers.
And ultimately why Smash 4 didn't have the Subspace Emissary mode again. :p
But yeah, the taste of good medicine's always pretty bitter.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This thread (and other places online) are in total panic mode. I know that this recent activity on here doesn't seem like much, but it stems from the same source.

It's like being told "hold your breath for 10 seconds" and then doing it, but before you exhale they snap your nose and lips shut. Then you aren't told how long you must wait before you can breathe again. Painc mode. That's where we are at rn.
That's just how a lot of things in my life have felt, so I think I'm used to it. To me this has always been a storm, with me and people trying to find the center of the tornadoes so we can find a bit more space to breathe. Then comes along the news and it throws us off and we're spinning around again when we'd just gotten a bit more hold of our breath. I'm surprised how well most people are taking it, cuz I don't think most are used to it.
It's just about finding some grace and strength, to me. We'll get through this, and lots is possible.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

Panic mode due to no one has no idea when we are getting the smash news huh?

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Yeah we need some more good things to calm down everyone. I am calm since I can't see her not playable especially with all the crossover fighting games Shantae is not in unlike Shovel Knight.

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
Panic mode due to no one has no idea when we are getting the smash news huh?
Panic mode due to no information for anything, not just smash.

It goes from wondering when the next direct is, anticipating the newly announced direct, having said direct delayed the very day it was supposed to drop, and then not being told any information about it afterwards. No date. No estimate. Nothing.

Then, on top of that, we're getting devs and publications dropping dates and titles that were supposed to be in the direct. All of this culminates in a panicked feeling among Nintendo fans. The direct is losing it's power every single minute that it's delayed, and that really, really sucks.

And then add a rumored smash announcement on top. Yeah, that's a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Being pessimistic in order to not be let down is perfectly fine. We all have different emotional responses to thing we care about, so it's only natural it happens. Just let people be people.
I'm going to continue hoping for the best and look forward towards the presentation in the next few days.
Agreed!

Also, I think some of the negativity comes from turning some molehills into mountains.
And I don't just mean someone interpreting little things as proven disconfirmation.
But also interpreting someone stating a momentary opinion as trying to start a witch hunt...
Or saying everyone suddenly lost hope, when it was just a few guys.

Relax, people.
Don't overreact, ok? ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hello my name is Connorb0t and I would like to be ADDED to the support list please I will make sure we stay on track and positive until her reveal or not.

I also like memes:p

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
So Yellowlord Yellowlord can you show us the full Shantae support list yet? I want to see how many we have so far.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
There's nothing wrong with being negative, especially if it's just to get something out or to discuss opinions (which can sometimes ease your mind)..
It's just when it gets out of hand or overruns others' thoughts, or gives untrue impressions, that it shakes things up a bit too much.

I like this thread, and talking things with yous :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom