• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

zferolie

Smash Hero
For those that don't/can't click through, the tweet announcing the delay was unpinned.

Could mean an announcement is coming soon or could be nothing.

Let's hope for the former.
Well if they were planning a new announcment for soon unpinning the tweet is the best way.

Or they just want to unpin it so people stop asking when the next direct is :p

Swade

Smash Apprentice
You know, I have been thinking perhaps we could maybe change the poll up top. A new topic, to help move along potential discussion(Not that it's really needed, its just fun to see).
I agree with this.

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
Yeah I apologize for the negativity. We have long known that Shantae has always been at the peak of unlikeliness for a fighter, but we're all here precisely because a chance actually exists for that to happen.

Also I don't think they would have even delayed if it was only a few days, my bet is for the delay to be at least a week. Probably Thursday again.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah I apologize for the negativity. We have long known that Shantae has always been at the peak of unlikeliness for a fighter, but we're all here precisely because a chance actually exists for that to happen.

Also I don't think they would have even delayed if it was only a few days, my bet is for the delay to be at least a week. Probably Thursday again.
I'd say Tuesday, maybe Thursday if mass editing is needed but we'll wait and see.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

If it's delayed by a week, it will be old news, because all of the contents of the direct will have been leaked by then!

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
While I absolutely, truly, 100% understand, empathize and agree with Nintendo delaying the direct due to the horrible natural disaster, there's just a small part of me that is really hoping the direct can be set sooner than Thursday next week, only because I'm going to have a monstrously busy day and I would most likely miss the direct as a result ;_;

But it is what is it.

Moving on:

CHOO CHOO!

As for Shantae's friends....huh. I dunno, I think I'd probably go with Rotty since she's easily the most memorable to me.
Sky is kinda cool.
Bolo is just a dolt :laugh:

I'm more partial to Shantae's nemesis Risky than all of them, to the point where if Shantae got in, this Spirits/Story/Boss/etc mode pans out I'd love for her to be included as a Boss Fight. I mean I'll take a stage hazard too :grin:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Remember back in 2015, just before the Ballot closed, we had all the hope of a thousand suns for Shantae? Well, that seems to be nothing more than a fake-out in comparison to this. Now, our hope surges has so much power, it makes a galaxy look like nothing more than a simple candle fire. That is the power of us, that is something that few contenders could ever hope to match (no offense to the others, because they too have so much hope it's beautiful), and it's here that we watch, watch and see what will happen.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
well i'm gonna go stream some half genie hero cause this game is awesome, hopefully good news later on! here's hoping for our girl shantae to make it...now to see what this racing stuff with rotty is all about.

RottyGif.gif

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don’t really feel that’s the case, since all her transformations involve showing her resemblance in some way with the exception of Tinkerbat.
Don't forget the blobfish form, that's as far from cute as you can get.

Overall, WF isn't afraid of letting Shantae be dramatically altered, compared to Bamco treating Pac-Man like a collector's item that shouldn't be repainted extensively.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019

That won't happen because Famitsu is covering the Direct and comes out on Wednesday. The entire Direct would be leaked if it isn't before then.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Don't forget the blobfish form, that's as far from cute as you can get.

Overall, WF isn't afraid of letting Shantae be dramatically altered, compared to Bamco treating Pac-Man like a collector's item that shouldn't be repainted extensively.
Not to mention the distinctly KILL IT WITH FIRE! forms she can take in Blaster Master Zero

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm trying to read through the pages up to here, but you're all getting ahead pretty fast :p

Has the NDA concerns been handled? Because liking tweets that mention smash goes nowhere near breaking an NDA.

If they wanted to, they Could go further and reply. It's ok so long as they don't talk about Shantae being in smash. The way they're being silent is an indication that they're being especially careful, or indirectly leaving a hint by not talking at all with smash-related stuff. It'd be a hint that doesn't break NDA.

Just wanted to mention that for now :)

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I'm trying to read through the pages up to here, but you're all getting ahead pretty fast :p

Has the NDA concerns been handled? Because liking tweets that mention smash goes nowhere near breaking an NDA.

If they wanted to, they Could go further and reply. It's ok so long as they don't talk about Shantae being in smash. The way they're being silent is an indication that they're being especially careful, or indirectly leaving a hint by not talking at all with smash-related stuff. It'd be a hint that doesn't break NDA.

Just wanted to mention that for now :)
We got the entire thing handled. Please don't bring it up again, because it'll just have us bickering and splitting apart again. And, seriously, I love the lot of ya because of your contagious kindness.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Shantae's chances are the same today as they were yesterday. Nothing has changed in that regard.

That won't happen because Famitsu is covering the Direct and comes out on Wednesday. The entire Direct would be leaked if it isn't before then.
Which is why I think we'll have the Direct by Tuesday at the latest, but probably earlier than that.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So basically next week we will know, either from nintendo themselves or this famatsu issue
I kinda DONT want Shantae revealed in this direct cause I want the news from watching a Direct, it just seems more special that way you know?

IF they dont put out the direct before the Famitsu.

Last edited:

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
Ah I forgot about Famitsu, yeah there's absolutely no way they can delay.

Tuesday it is, then.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'd rather find out within 1 week anyway, direct or otherwise. But I'm hoping they do the direct this weekend or early in the week.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why are you guys not excited about potential news?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What soup said, and allso It'd be better in a direct, there's more hype and showmanship (etc).
But I do want the news, just better with fanfare too :)

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I think its more, we want to see the reveal trailer first before seeing pictures taken from a magazine. Thats the only downside.

Its like how Ryu and Roy were leaked early. It kinda hurt the coolness of them being added

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman

NukeA6

Smash Master
Because character trailers are way more fun than magazine articles. Knowing what comes before hand will just make the Direct much less special. I mean, there's already things being leaked so, what's the point of watching when you already seen everything?

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
They really should just announce the new character through the website. Just stream it with a 12-hour warning or something so that people can set themselves up.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Oh and heads up guys, If nintendo was gonna announce the new time and date, it won't be for at least 3 more hours. almost 4 AM in japan, so they won't say anything till earliest 7 AM japan time

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Honestly, I don't mind the facts being told straight to me, instead of having to suffer through a massive build-up, that could end up being disappointing.
I'm probably in the minority here. But it's better for me this way... ^^;

Top Bottom