• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are you guys telling me you don't know who PushDustin is?

NukeA6

Smash Master
We have some news. This may be good or bad depending on your decision.

Famitsu might accidentally leak some info about the Nintendo Direct, and there may be nothing to stop them.

Here's a Reddit Post About the Situation

Here's a clearer version from 4chan's view.

EDIT: Don't read the spoiler tag if you haven't read either links.

If Famitsu leaks it, then I'm giving up the wait. Nintendo will have to release the Direct this weekend or we're very likely to get spoiled any way. Just someone coming in here saying, "You Shantae fans are gonna love this" or "I got bad news" would be dead giveaways assuming anything involved Shantae.

Last edited:

VizardJeffhog

Smash Cadet
NNID
VizardJeffhog
Why would I know of that guy? I just read stuff at random, and I keep my conspiracies to myself. Well, mostly to myself.
PushDustIn is the man who founded SourceGaming! Most of the translated notes from Sakurai's Famitsu columns we see all over the web are all from his team.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Guys Im scaured...Famitsu is gonna leak everythin!

Death is super scared.png

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
I've always been under the impression that ALL represented characters, regardless of how they were represented, would have similar NDAs.
In past discussion in this thread Yacht Club was used as a reference point. People were thinking that Yacht Club was under a less strict NDA for Assist Trophy than for playable because they retweeted a few things about Shovel Knight in smash.
This was compared to Shantae where Wayforward who was extremely vocal about her became more discrete.

Guys Im scaured...Famitsu is gonna leak everythin!

View attachment 162355
That would be an epic fail for Nintendo.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
You folks let a sneaky Nega-Shantae fan dissuade you? C'mon. Don't be afraid to be simpering fools!

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
In past discussion in this thread Yacht Club was used as a reference point. People were thinking that Yacht Club was under a less strict NDA for Assist Trophy than for playable because they retweeted a few things about Shovel Knight in smash.
This was compared to Shantae where Wayforward who was extremely vocal about her became more discrete.

That would be an epic fail for Nintendo.
That would make sense, because of Shovel Knight appearing in more smash-esque games as a playable character, while Shantae is constantly excluded. With the most notable instances being games like IndiePogo, Rivals of Aether, among possible more games. Of course, why was Shantae in Crusade? Well, quite simply, it's a fan game and thus isn't subjected to the same restrictions as companies. That's also why WayForward didn't tweet out about this, because either they don't know about the fangame or they really are in a strict NDA. If they weren't in an NDA, they would have very likely retweeted about it back in 2017.

Last edited:

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
I know and understand their reasoning...
But, man, Nintendo is about to get blown out by a bunch of devs and publications if they can't find some way to get their info out soon.

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
Super Smash Brothers Crusade is a fan game made without the endorsement of Nintendo, Wayforward or any other company for that matter. I don't see how anyone could try to argue that Wayforward somehow specifically allowed them to use Shantae when that would imply that Nintendo let them use all of their IPs, too. And we all know how supportive Nintendo is of fan games using their IPs...

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
If Famitsu leaks it, then I'm giving up the wait. Nintendo will have to release the Direct this weekend or we're very likely to get spoiled any way. Just someone coming in here saying, "You Shantae fans are gonna love this" or "I got bad news" would be dead giveaways assuming anything involved Shantae.
I actually have several shantae bets going on. If my inbox suddenly gets flooded, I'll know.

What is the general consensus of Shantae's chances here?
Pretty good to worried about it. She's got as much chance as Geno imo.

Last edited:

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
I am doing the best I can to find any sort of slip ups. And I found one. It is NOT Smash Bros. related. So rest your magical heads. But Look at your own demise.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What is the general consensus of Shantae's chances here?
At high levels of "I've got a good feeling about this!" but a lot of the evidence is circumstantial.

I'd say 70%+ for inclusion (any kind), 40-50% for playable.

I am doing the best I can to find any sort of slip ups. And I found one. It is NOT Smash Bros. related. So rest your magical heads. But Look at your own demise.

It better have Hyrule as a playable nation with a choice of Zelda or Ganondorf as leaders

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

Ah, its not really a direct spoiler anymore, as the company is offically announcing it now. Most likely they had plans for it to be in the direct, and couldn't change it with the delay

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Ah, its not really a direct spoiler anymore, as the company is offically announcing it now. Most likely they had plans for it to be in the direct, and couldn't change it with the delay
Ah. Thanks for letting me know. Im doing everything I can rn.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ah. Thanks for letting me know. Im doing everything I can rn.
And I am happy for that. The more eyes out there the better.

So far what I can see/Assume that has been offically announced and was mostly likely meant to be announced in the direct are That Civ game, The Megaman 11 demo, and FF15 CHibi for switch. The only unnanoucned news was Yoshi crafted world, which was accidently posted on nintendos site.

only 4 games so far. I assume more third parties will announce stuff if there were other third parties.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
I had to skip pages for the first time here (128 to here) because of that freakishly sudden surge of negativity. Nothing has been officially announced about her potential role in Smash, yet many people are totally losing their ****.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's some anti-negetivity, fan-art! Relevant fan-art at that. Shantae as the Original 8

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I have been thinking perhaps we could maybe change the poll up top. A new topic, to help move along potential discussion(Not that it's really needed, its just fun to see).

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You know, I have been thinking perhaps we could maybe change the poll up top. A new topic, to help move along potential discussion(Not that it's really needed, its just fun to see).
I'm thinking either "which game is your favorite?" or "which one of Shantae's friends do you like best?"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm thinking either "which game is your favorite?" or "which one of Shantae's friends do you like best?"
I think both would be kinda obvious, at least from what I have seen(Rotty is gonna win, and we all know it). Still good questions, and hey, maybe the results will be quite shocking.

Top Bottom