• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yea! Now we can see her down B counter and final smash that's just her slashing at one enemy:\
There's no counter, at least that's what makes most sense considering everything they showed us. But I'm obviously really looking forward to seeing how they play XD

(foresight seems to be just on dodges, and all the specials are taken)

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
For Foresight with Mythra, it is more like Witch Time since she is more of fast strikes. So, natural she has a moveset to reposition and get a better placement should the enemy get the drop on her.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
For Foresight with Mythra, it is more like Witch Time since she is more of fast strikes. So, natural she has a moveset to reposition and get a better placement should the enemy get the drop on her.
There might be a catch for it too though, because it also slows down the opponent, which would make it very powerful.
Anyway :p thankfully there's less than a week left to know!

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
They look super fun regardless. It probably will function more similar to Witchtime, but I could see it functioning like Shulk's too, at least in activation, maybe without the hit? But the clips in the trailer make it look more like a dodge / evasive maneuver than a counter. Even if it were a counter she still looks really fun though, haha.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
They look super fun regardless. It probably will function more similar to Witchtime, but I could see it functioning like Shulk's too, at least in activation, maybe without the hit? But the clips in the trailer make it look more like a dodge / evasive maneuver than a counter. Even if it were a counter she still looks really fun though, haha.
I don't think counters are that fun anyway. Down b is most likely how you transform to the other. They showed 3 specials for each aside from transform, and you can transform in the air, so it wouldn't be shielding + b or something like that. Altho it'd be cool since it'd open up for more specials. But yeah. They'll be fun anyway :D

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It seems that anyone owning the LRG copy of SSS can get golden points now, so that's neat.

Anyone seen the Pokemon direct?
All I will say is, the wait is finally over, they're here! :drflip:

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
The Diamond and Pearl remakes I need to see more of before I make my final decision (I'm trying my best to be open minded, but on fist impression it looks like gen 4 kinda got shafted compared to last remakes, even Let's Go...) But I am over the moon excited to see what Legends: Arceus turns into.

Just watching it, the imagination reels with possibilities.

However, there are things to be concerned about too. For example, it looks like GF may be keeping their promise in regards to the DexIt situation being the way forward from now on. The DP remake trailer mentioned being able to use "all the pokemon in the original games" And Legends being set far in the past seems like a good excuse to not have too many non native pokemon since travel to other regions would be harder and far less common.

I dunno. The best I can say cautiously hopeful for DP and optimistically hopeful for Legends: Arceus.

But in the end, both trailers features Shinx being the first wild pokemon caught/encountered, so at least I know my boy Luxray will be there from the start. In that twitter poll Pokemon of Japan ran, he did rank #15 out of all pokemon and #3 out of Sinnoh pokemon, so maybe they are finally goinf to give that little lightning lion a chance to shine (that's a good pun if you know their pokedex entries)

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
LaBeteNoire LaBeteNoire
To be blunt, Pokemon is pretty much dead to me.
Only romhacks and Fangames are still worth playing to me.

Unless Pokemon starts to properly evolve. matching the quality standards of titles like Xenoblade, Persona or Dragon Quest, I don't think I'll ever come back to it.
I will give Temtem a try, once it fully releases. See if it is a proper replacement.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Pokemon Legends looks great. It's a step in the right direction anyway, towards more dynamic exploration and battles.

I'm looking forward to pokemon snap honestly XD

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The Diamond and Pearl remakes I need to see more of before I make my final decision (I'm trying my best to be open minded, but on fist impression it looks like gen 4 kinda got shafted compared to last remakes, even Let's Go...) But I am over the moon excited to see what Legends: Arceus turns into.

Just watching it, the imagination reels with possibilities.

However, there are things to be concerned about too. For example, it looks like GF may be keeping their promise in regards to the DexIt situation being the way forward from now on. The DP remake trailer mentioned being able to use "all the pokemon in the original games" And Legends being set far in the past seems like a good excuse to not have too many non native pokemon since travel to other regions would be harder and far less common.

I dunno. The best I can say cautiously hopeful for DP and optimistically hopeful for Legends: Arceus.

But in the end, both trailers features Shinx being the first wild pokemon caught/encountered, so at least I know my boy Luxray will be there from the start. In that twitter poll Pokemon of Japan ran, he did rank #15 out of all pokemon and #3 out of Sinnoh pokemon, so maybe they are finally goinf to give that little lightning lion a chance to shine (that's a good pun if you know their pokedex entries)
You explain how you can transfer Mewtwo into Pokemon: Rise of the Wild without causing a time paradox. The description of the game in Switch news also heavily implies Trainer battles, and thus multiplayer isn't really a thing in this game, so there really isn't much incentive to bring over a highly trained team over.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Not much while waiting for Sakurai Presents "Pyra and Mythra", but I found the site called GameRant talking a little bit about shantae's potential inclusion for Smash Ultimate later on.

Also, prepare for March's arrival. More Announcements and the death of Mario All Stars and vs 35 Mario game

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
check t-shirt list in Travis Strikes Again
not a single Shantae one
Granted, Suda didn't want to do too much back and forth between the indie companies, but you'd think WF would at least propose the offer.

Also, prepare for March's arrival.
Still waiting for Crash news and On The Run's launch, it might get interesting if the "32221" theory comes true.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Granted, Suda didn't want to do too much back and forth between the indie companies, but you'd think WF would at least propose the offer.

Still waiting for Crash news and On The Run's launch, it might get interesting if the "32221" theory comes true.
what is the 32221 theory?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
what is the 32221 theory?
The gist of it is, the video that was posted in the holidays apparently showed some subtle hints shown via the background elements, and how often they were seen. The long version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4heX2Dn-Hc
Let’s speculate and look at: Rumoured Crash Bandicoot PvP Video Game – Crashy News (wordpress.com)
At the beginning of the video (0:00), you can see 3 marks on the back of the TV, as well as 2 marks on the front of the TV (0:03), and also at (0:25), you can also see a traffic light with a toll pole. Pointed out by JumpButton and Canadian Guy Eh, stitching these together by frequency of “visible” appearance in order as “32221”, which turns it into a date “3/22/21”, which is potentially the date of reveal or release of the game.
So if anything happens on the 22nd, it won't be completely baseless, especially considering the conspicuous amount of Crash releases next month (Crash 4 ports and On The Run).

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Not much while waiting for Sakurai Presents "Pyra and Mythra", but I found the site called GameRant talking a little bit about shantae's potential inclusion for Smash Ultimate later on.

Also, prepare for March's arrival. More Announcements and the death of Mario All Stars and vs 35 Mario game
I wonder if they’ll release standalone copies of the three games included in that Mario 3D All Stars. I should probably buy it now just in case, since I have been meaning to play Galaxy.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wonder if they’ll release standalone copies of the three games included in that Mario 3D All Stars. I should probably buy it now just in case, since I have been meaning to play Galaxy.
I would grab a copy of Mario 3D All Stars now as all copies online will be in scalper hell this time next month after it's off the shelves forever.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
March 4th can't come soon enough, Im just I have the day off that day, get to see Pyra and Mythra's presentation AND watch New Battlebots! yay!

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
So where did the "concert leak" come from? 4chan?

Edit: Turns out that yes, it did originate on 4chan. Another reason why it shouldn't be believed.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I stopped looking for leaks a while ago, so I'm not surprised it came from there.
Screenshot_20210228-163422_YouTube.jpg

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
If the DLC went by and large leak free for the first 30 months of its cycle, not sure why the last 6 months would be any different. Anything short of high quality video or photos (which haven't happened since Ken around Base game discussion) shouldn't have too much stock put in. Especially text "leaks". If you believe all of the text "leaks" that pop up as flavors of the month, I have a bridge to sell you.

Hey, at least it probably won't be more than 3ish months until the next reveal, and it's possible that if Nintendo does a full E3 / Summer Direct this year in June or July, could do a finishing double reveal like in 2019. I'm excited to see who will round out Pass 2.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
If the DLC went by and large leak free for the first 30 months of its cycle, not sure why the last 6 months would be any different. Anything short of high quality video or photos (which haven't happened since Ken around Base game discussion) shouldn't have too much stock put in. Especially text "leaks". If you believe all of the text "leaks" that pop up as flavors of the month, I have a bridge to sell you.

Hey, at least it probably won't be more than 3ish months until the next reveal, and it's possible that if Nintendo does a full E3 / Summer Direct this year in June or July, could do a finishing double reveal like in 2019. I'm excited to see who will round out Pass 2.
Literally the only real leak from the DLC was SNK. And that wasn’t some insider putting a text post on 4chan, that was Nintendo accidentally updating Smash’s copyright list a few days early before the Nintendo Direct that announced Terry.
It’s been VERY close to the chest. Which makes sense, Smash’s development team is much smaller post release than it was to first create the game, and 3rd party discussions can pretty safely be done with just a few legal department folks.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Literally the only real leak from the DLC was SNK. And that wasn’t some insider putting a text post on 4chan, that was Nintendo accidentally updating Smash’s copyright list a few days early before the Nintendo Direct that announced Terry.
It’s been VERY close to the chest. Which makes sense, Smash’s development team is much smaller post release than it was to first create the game, and 3rd party discussions can pretty safely be done with just a few legal department folks.
Well, Shinobi pretty much leaked Banjo & Kazooie before E3 in 2019 and than Vergeben and every other leaker piggybacked off of Shinobi.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Hopefully. March will have more announcements and the death of Mario All Stars and Mario 35 vs.
Screenshot_20210301-142747_YouTube.jpg

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Well, Shinobi pretty much leaked Banjo & Kazooie before E3 in 2019 and than Vergeben and every other leaker piggybacked off of Shinobi.
Even that always felt more like a guess. People have been speculating Banjo for nearly every character announcement since Melee, and Banjo just had some merch pop up.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
This did seem pretty believable when Shinobi discussed it, but it only happened a few days before E3. Hard to say whether it was a guess or not, but its close proximity to E3 could mean he somehow found out at that point. But like, these text leaks and lists that claim to know months in advance or list like "20 characters considered for DLC" and have most of them but not all correct are just BS imo. Throw enough mud against a call and some of it will stick after all.

Now, if it was the eve of E3 and someone somewhat reputable were like "Psssst... It's About Time we got a new Smash character", maybe that would be a good indication as to who is coming or something. But months away and from 4ch text leaks of all things, no way.

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what Mii Costumes will be presented other then the Xenoblade series.
Considering Min Min already had Miis of Spring Man and Ribbon Girl and the Miis who came with the ARMS pack, I wouldn't be shocked if there is non-Xenoblade Miis with Pyra/Mythra since Rex and Nia are already Miis.

As for who, I think it's either going to be Sword based characters like Lloyd or Nightmare or female requests in general. Outlook is not looking too good for our Shantae on that later end, but at least she's not double whammied like 2B or KOS-MOS.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Considering Min Min already had Miis of Spring Man and Ribbon Girl and the Miis who came with the ARMS pack, I wouldn't be shocked if there is non-Xenoblade Miis with Pyra/Mythra since Rex and Nia are already Miis.

As for who, I think it's either going to be Sword based characters like Lloyd or Nightmare or female requests in general. Outlook is not looking too good for our Shantae on that later end, but at least she's not double whammied like 2B or KOS-MOS.
I expect to get at least 2 Xenoblade Miis, maybe Morag or Pandoria, maybe even Elma to pull from X. I think your worries about it being sword themed or female themed are fairly unneeded - I mean, Steve had Bomberman and Travis Touchdown, Byleth and Banjo’s Mii costume packs had no correlation between any of the costumes... heck, the only characters to have a ‘theme’ through their costumes packs have been Hero’s Miis all being dragon quest associated and Sephiroth’s Miis all being Square associated. ...But that clearly makes it seem more like Square’s terms than a pattern every DLC will follow.

Last edited:

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman

We didn't get any additional female Miis with Min-Min. Just because a character is of a specific gender doesn't mean the Mii Costumes have to reflect that.

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
I expect to get at least 2 Xenoblade Miis, maybe Morag or Pandoria, maybe even Elma to pull from X. I think your worries about it being sword themed or female themed are fairly unneeded - I mean, Steve had Bomberman and Travis Touchdown, Byleth and Banjo’s Mii costume packs had no correlation between any of the costumes... heck, the only characters to have a ‘theme’ through their costumes packs have been Hero’s Miis all being dragon quest associated and Sephiroth’s Miis all being Square associated. ...But that clearly makes it seem more like Square’s terms than a pattern every DLC will follow.
Maybe your right...but just in case, I'm always bracing for the worst.

I just hope there's something else for Shantae by the end of Ultimate. I'm so sick of this "Shantae will never happen before so-and-so because so-and-so got an Assist or deluxe Mii costume" respectively.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'll just take random guesses and say that an Astral Chain character, one to three Xenoblade, and Hollow Knight as a premium one. I wouldn't be surprised if there were other first party Nintendo ones, but who knows.

Top Bottom