• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This:
Tee Lopes is the only one that's interesting there for what he said. I guess it's not impossible that a sega character could be in. or he could be trolling.
Although he doesn't just work for Sega does he?

Edit: Says it's an independent game company, so..

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
He also worked for League of Legends, so maybe we'll get LoL character in smash XD

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Well, those guys might still be trolling or allude to something different, that's not a character.
The guys in the Limited Run Games Discord server just pointed out how odd it is, that two guys working with Sega ended up making such Tweets, opening up the possibility for them blatantly hinting at the next character.

Of course, time will tell if this actually comes to pass.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, those guys might still be trolling or allude to something different, that's not a character.
The guys in the Limited Run Games Discord server just pointed out how odd it is, that two guys working with Sega ended up making such Tweets, opening up the possibility for them blatantly hinting at the next character.

Of course, time will tell if this actually comes to pass.
Yeah less than 4 hours XD

I wouldn't put much into it. It's like the travis thing, people put too much into it and it doesn't end up meaning what they think.

zferolie

Smash Hero
This:
Yeah those are just jokes. Like pollck sa8d, he wouldnt actually reveal if eggman was in smash.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Well the reason so many people bought into these Tweets...
1. Both of these people work with Sega.
2. Pollocks contradictory Tweet, where he said "If he won't, I wouldn't want to say anything."
And yet he clearly did say something, which a lot of people took as:
"Well if he clearly wouldn't say anything, if Eggman won't make it, yet he clearly did comment on it, then it must mean Eggman is in."

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well he isn't part of the company.
And yet he worked for them as a hired composer.
Yes but also other companies.

I do find it hard to tell if he's just trolling or not, I don't really know him. but a lot of people seem to like to troll, so who knows really XD

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Yes but also other companies.

I do find it hard to tell if he's just trolling or not, I don't really know him. but a lot of people seem to like to troll, so who knows really XD
True.
But since he also did work for Sega, he inadvertently strengthened Pollocks Tweet...
According to the believers anyways.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
True.
But since he also did work for Sega, he inadvertently strengthened Pollocks Tweet...
According to the believers anyways.
Yeah, I guess can't do much about that XD
Thankfully only a few hours to really see.
This is why sometimes I think about not visiting the forum before a direct :p It's fine tho. It'll be fun to see what nintendo has for us.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Honestly, it wouldn't matter to me, whether or not I'd spend time with the forum or not.
Just the news of an incoming announcement is enough to send my mind into panic. X_X

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
This honestly feels like the Jonesy situation from December. Everyone thought that Jonesy was hinted at by Geoff Keighley based on a Fortnite Tweet he made for TGA 2020, and as such, everyone thought he was coming. But of course, this ended up being completely false, as Sephiroth entered the fray instead. Nobody is allowed to give any hints as to who is coming, regardless of whether or not someone comments on it. If they did, that would be an NDA violation.

Speaking of Geoff Keighley, he also tweeted "Woah!" in a reply to a Tweet, which some people took as a hint to Crash Bandicoot, among other Crash related stuff. Once again, this didn't end up being the case.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
All I can think of is Mike Pollock (Eggman's voice actor) giving a non-answer in response to being asked about Smash:

I swear if we get Eggman, it will be so hyped. The villain's roster will pretty much feel complete after Eggman's inclusion.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Tee Lopes is the only one that's interesting there for what he said. I guess it's not impossible that a sega character could be in. or he could be trolling.
Although he doesn't just work for Sega does he?

Edit: Says it's an independent game company, so..
Dude he said his uncle schtick...he was making a joke.

Cristina Vee also retweeted Mike's tweet and did the same thing with Shantae...they cant and wont say anything.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
In short, I don't think it is what most are jumping towards since this means nothing. Again, wait until the direct arrives

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm not the type to believe in most leaks, but has anyone browse through 4chan in the past hour? I ask because sometimes a real leaks drops on 4chan or Reddit within a few hours before a actual reveal is announce.

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
The thing with WayForward suddenly following Nintendo's Twitter account (similar to how Matt Bozon followed Masahiro Sakurai on Twitter, albeit that is old news) and James retweeting the Japanese Tweet for the Direct do seem kinda sus. Then again, I'm gonna wait until the Direct. As of writing this, there is one hour left to go. Godspeed everyone.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
The thing with WayForward suddenly following Nintendo's Twitter account (similar to how Matt Bozon followed Masahiro Sakurai on Twitter, albeit that is old news) and James retweeting the Japanese Tweet for the Direct do seem kinda sus. Then again, I'm gonna wait until the Direct. As of writing this, there is one hour left to go. Godspeed everyone.
It's 2 hours actually.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Wait what? James retweeted the Japanese Tweet for the Direct? Has he done this for the past Directs?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Dude he said his uncle schtick...he was making a joke.

Cristina Vee also retweeted Mike's tweet and did the same thing with Shantae...they cant and wont say anything.
Hard to say if it's a joke unless you know something extra.

I think it probably is a joke though because even just saying what he did could get his uncle in trouble (it'd mean his uncle possibly broke an nda in telling him)

Edit:

see y'all after the presentation ;)

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Less then an hour before the storm arrives. I'll see you all after the 50 mins presentation. For those that will stay here for the direct, PLEASE don't spoil the surprises until sometime has passed afterwards.

The calm before the direct.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, I'm super happy. Been wanting Pyra/Mythra since launch, and I had a feeling Sakurai would finally get to put them in the game, as he really wanted to it seemed like.

Plus, this is our first 2 in 1 character since... well pokemon trainer and Zelda/shiek
I can't believe it happened. I so didn't expect it.

I can actually main a character now :O :O

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
"Where did Pyra go?"

This was subtle as a thrown brick lol. Yeah I'm ok with this plus it's more former spirits joining so more fuel to boot.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
I’m actually really happy to see Pyra and Mythra get in, sorry to fans who wanted Rex in. But daaaang does their moveset look super cool!

Also not to be that guy, but uh, put another nail in the “good boys and girls is a valid argument” coffin, because they barely toned down their models.

Top Bottom