• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
While it would be nice, I'm still skeptical of Shantae being revealed tomorrow. It feels like there's too many picks that are better than her.

Although it's interesting to see people claim that Reimu wouldn't be the Touhou rep to get in despite being in every mainline entry in the series and being the most iconic character in the series.
Nobody better than Shantae XD

It'll be who it'll be. I feel good about the timing of the reveal, that's what I know, it'll be fun to see who it is.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Nobody better than Shantae XD
Well if Reimu, Marisa, or Sakuya makes it in, unfortunately, Shantae will most likely not be in Fighters Pass 2.

While it would be nice, I'm still skeptical of Shantae being revealed tomorrow. It feels like there's too many picks that are better than her.
I can name at least 10 indie reps who are more famous than Shantae.
  • 10. Marisa (Touhou)
  • 9. Reimu (Touhou)
  • 8. Shovel Knight
  • 7. Ayano/Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator)
  • 6. Crewmate (Among Us)
  • 5. Cuphead
  • 4. Protagonist (Doki Doki Literature Club)
  • 3. Henry (Bendy and the Ink Machine)
  • 2. Nightguards (Five Night's at Freddy's)
  • 1. Frisk (Undertale)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well if Reimu, Marisa, or Sakuya makes it in, unfortunately, Shantae will most likely not be in Fighters Pass 2.
That makes little sense, but anyway, I don't want to debate character chances. There's plenty of reasons for why I think touhou doesn't have much chance. But I'm not here to argue. the direct is tomorow, how about just enjoying the show.

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I see we're slowly starting the usual phase as always per pre-Direct. Just because we're open minded to who the fighter will be, doesn't mean to argue about the chances, guys. If she's in, she's in. If not, she's not.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I see we're slowly starting the usual phase as always per pre-Direct. Just because we're open minded to who the fighter will be, doesn't mean to argue about the chances, guys. If she's in, she's in. If not, she's not.
Well, there's a small chance that if we get an indie rep, it might be another obscure character. We already have an obscure 3rd party playable character, Bayonetta, as well as some obscure 3rd party representation in Smash.

That makes little sense, but anyway, I don't want to debate character chances. There's plenty of reasons for why I think touhou doesn't have much chance. But I'm not here to argue. the direct is tomorow, how about just enjoying the show.
Well if we get an indie rep in fighters pass 2, there will probably be only 1 indie rep.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, there's a small chance that if we get an indie rep, it might be another obscure character. We already have an obscure 3rd party playable character, Bayonetta, as well as some obscure 3rd party representation in Smash.
There's a chance for lots of things. And that's what makes it ineteresting.
This is the shantae thread so we're hoping she'll be in at some point. Doesn't mean she will, but it's kind of weird of you to be trying to argue against her. I think you should just relax.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Okay, let's calm down.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

Dukefire

Smash Master
Remember that this direct will last for 50 Minutes. So whatever information Nintendo wants to dump for the first half of the year, I think they will bring the audience up to speed as much as possible

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Last edited:

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
How often does James Montagna retweet Direct announcements? Only he's just retweeted Nintendo's and Sakurai's announcements for the Japanese Direct.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord

Well if we get an indie rep in fighters pass 2, there will probably be only 1 indie rep.
Why are you still arguing chances?
Didn't Piranha Plant, Joker, Terry, Byleth and Sephiroth teach you, that Smash is unpredictable?
Arguing chances is literally pointless, with that much history of unpredictability.

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
One of my friends told me that Sakurai said "Hoho" twice when tweeting about the Direct, and he thinks it could be a hint to Dr. Eggman. What do you guys think?

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
One of my friends told me that Sakurai said "Hoho" twice when tweeting about the Direct, and he thinks it could be a hint to Dr. Eggman. What do you guys think?
As if Eggman is the only one with that kind of laughter.
There are way too many characters that laugh like that.
Including Risky Boots.

I don't think it means anything, just like the infamous chairs.

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
As if Eggman is the only one with that kind of laughter.
There are way too many characters that laugh like that.
Including Risky Boots.

I don't think it means anything, just like the infamous chairs.
Risky was on my mind too. Even though she can't get in without Shantae.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
PushDustin has tweeted a more accurate translation which shows that in fact, it's just a regular chuckle:

edit: It's possible that the identity of CP9 could be revealed before the Direct as the person who leaked Byleth and Steve on Reddit has obtained more details on MH: Rise and says he's "working" on CP9's identity:

edit 2: Turns out PracticalBrush12 (the Reddit user I referred to above) might not have any Smash info after all:

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
With so many people bringing up predictions on characters for the 50 mins direct, this is how I feel right now.
Screenshot_20210217-010125_YouTube.jpg

Edit: in case you can't find the direct, here is the video premiering in less then 7 hours.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
We are close to find out everything Nintendo is going to show us in less than 7 hours from now. Can't wait to see if they finally show some new info about the sequel to Breath of the Wild.

Dukefire

Smash Master
and possible to give us a good sneak peek of Metroid Prime 4 if Retro Studios is ready.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
50 mins is a good length, but if you think about how much stuff Nintendo might go into, not to count gameplay for some games, it might not be all that many things.

I don't know how the direct will go, but anything's possible ;)

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Welp, unless the people at Sega are trolling us, it looks like the next DLC Character will be a Sonic character.

Top Bottom