• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Huh, in just 1 page, we're going to be at the binary number for 15 and a number that has ties to angels.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Until some new news about Smash or Shantae 6 comes.
Well the point of the matter is, we've already established, countless times, that Shantae's Spirit is completely unedited.
Ergo, they clearly had no problem with Shantae's design, regarding age ratings and such.
So why are we still acting like Shantae has a problematic design and cannot be in the game, because of that?

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
So has anyone heard any news about the original Shantae Switch port yet?
As of recent, no. Although, pre-production of the Switch ports (as well as the GBC repro) should be done by now, since the four month period has already passed. So for the time being, we will see some info eventually.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well the point of the matter is, we've already established, countless times, that Shantae's Spirit is completely unedited.
Ergo, they clearly had no problem with Shantae's design, regarding age ratings and such.
So why are we still acting like Shantae has a problematic design and cannot be in the game, because of that?
Literally no one said that in the last three pages.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Unfortunately there's not too much to talk about right now.
We're close to the middle of february though, and I think starting march we'll be closing in on the next reveal. Hopefully XD

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
We're close to the middle of february though, and I think starting march we'll be closing in on the next reveal. Hopefully XD
Yeah I agree, March is starting to look very likely. I wouldn't rule out late this month though, I've been seeing some minor rumors going around about a Nintendo Direct or something similar of the sorts. But those are just rumors, so who knows really.
I'd love for it to be in March, wouldn't mind having a potential Shantae drop around my birthday 👀 That'd be the dream.

Going back on my post about Shantae's animations though, it shouldn't be a surprise that I really love those animations.
And I've been wanting to try it myself for a while.
If Shantae doesn't make it into Smash, maybe I'll make my own Smash! In Shantae style! ... With Shantae!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The next Amiibo wave is coming in the last week of March so I expect to see the next fighter be announced and released sometime in late March since almost all the DLC have come out near a Amiibo wave release.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
The next Amiibo wave is coming in the last week of March so I expect to see the next fighter be announced and released sometime in late March since almost all the DLC have come out near a Amiibo wave release.
More specifically, it’s that every amiibo wave release has had a character release right around it. Most of the characters released without amiibo around them, but every amiibo released around a character.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So still no idea on what can be next for smash or shantae right? assuming no new credible leaks, and just the few things on 5 chan that may or may not be true?

MattX20

Smash Hero
The Shantae GBC port for the Switch has to be announced within the next few weeks or so. It's ridiculous to wait for 4+ months for a preorder period and not get a release date, not even a Q1 or Q2 2021 placeholder

Dukefire

Smash Master
Many times before, we can only wait before news pops up. To me, either the fourth week of February or Early March may be the time.
Just keep yourself in check.
Screenshot_20210201-214425_Video Player.jpg

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Many times before, we can only wait before news pops up. To me, either the fourth week of February or Early March may be the time.
Just keep yourself in check.
View attachment 302926
source on that pic?

Also those proposed reveal dates you brought up would possibly line right up with the ext potential Smash reveal....

Dukefire

Smash Master
source on that pic?

Also those proposed reveal dates you brought up would possibly line right up with the ext potential Smash reveal....
Tatoeba Last Dungeon ep 3

Well, don't forget that Pokémon day is happening two weeks away

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The Shantae GBC port for the Switch has to be announced within the next few weeks or so. It's ridiculous to wait for 4+ months for a preorder period and not get a release date, not even a Q1 or Q2 2021 placeholder
True. And while I won't put all my stock in saying Shantae's in for sure, the longer they wait to rerelease the original and Risky's Revenge, the more suspicious it is. Not to say it will happen, but what are the chances they're delaying those ports to release alongside Shantae's potential Smash announcement and release? I would say not likely, but the longer they wait the more suspicious this situation becomes. I wouldn't keep my eyes off of Shantae's chances until Ultimate is set and done.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Yeah, but it will pass by faster before you know it. Also, me currently seeing leaks and speculation (of course not true info, but just snooping around as usual.)

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
I'm calling it. If we do not see the rest of the LRG content this February, then something is definitely up.

And no, I do not believe Crash is coming to Smash just because the fourth game is coming to Switch. Must I remind all the people who do that this isn't Nintendo exclusive? The game is also coming out on Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC. If it was Nintendo exclusive, then maybe that's a hint to Crash, but still. I also heard that Crash was planned to be in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, along with Spyro, but Activision demanded too much money to license them. If Crash isn't in Smash, it will likely be because of Activision. There's also the issue of Jeff Kaplan wanting Overwatch in Smash, which will never happen. They can't have two Activision IPs in the same pass.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not trying to count Crash out of Smash. I'm just trying to use common sense and analyse everything constructively as opposed to the rest of the crowd who take anything as an opportunity to speculate for Smash.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm calling it. If we do not see the rest of the LRG content this February, then something is definitely up.

And no, I do not believe Crash is coming to Smash just because the fourth game is coming to Switch. Must I remind all the people who do that this isn't Nintendo exclusive? The game is also coming out on Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC. If it was Nintendo exclusive, then maybe that's a hint to Crash, but still. I also heard that Crash was planned to be in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, along with Spyro, but Activision demanded too much money to license them. If Crash isn't in Smash, it will likely be because of Activision. There's also the issue of Jeff Kaplan wanting Overwatch in Smash, which will never happen. They can't have two Activision IPs in the same pass.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not trying to count Crash out of Smash. I'm just trying to use common sense and analyse everything constructively as opposed to the rest of the crowd who take anything as an opportunity to speculate for Smash.
good points, but i do want to counter the Playstation all stars part. Yes, activision was asking for a lot of money, but i think smash would be viewed differently from them then that game was. it was a new game with an unproven team, and Sony gave the deveopers basically no budget to get bigger names. Smash is a very well established series, and activition would probably jump at the chance for marketing in this game.

Plus, back then, Crash was basically dead to Activition. Now, he is huge once again and a hot item, Activistion would be more willing to use him in a crossover since i bet they have more plans for him in the future(that canclled show was one). So right now is crash's best time to get into this game.

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
good points, but i do want to counter the Playstation all stars part. Yes, activision was asking for a lot of money, but i think smash would be viewed differently from them then that game was. it was a new game with an unproven team, and Sony gave the deveopers basically no budget to get bigger names. Smash is a very well established series, and activition would probably jump at the chance for marketing in this game.

Plus, back then, Crash was basically dead to Activition. Now, he is huge once again and a hot item, Activistion would be more willing to use him in a crossover since i bet they have more plans for him in the future(that canclled show was one). So right now is crash's best time to get into this game.
I see. Thanks for the heads up. I'm just a bit worried on how many Western characters Nintendo will allow in a single pass. That misdrievous_time guy on Twitter speculates that we will get at least one more Western character. I mean, Crash, Rayman, Doomguy/Doom Slayer (most likely not coming, but still gonna list him here) etc. are all good picks, but what about the less famous characters? The indies? Especially Shantae herself. Indie characters work hard to get to where they are, while non-indies blaze through to mainstream popularity in no time at all. I hope Masahiro does the hair whipping genie girl, and the indie genre as a whole, justice.

Last edited:

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
I see. Thanks for the heads up. I'm just a bit worried on how many Western characters Nintendo will allow in a single pass. That misdrievous_time guy on Twitter speculates that we will get at least one more Western character. I mean, Crash, Rayman, Doomguy/Doom Slayer (most likely not coming, but still gonna list him here) etc. are all good picks, but what about the less famous characters? The indies? Especially Shantae herself. Indie characters work hard to get to where they are, while non-indies blaze through to mainstream popularity in no time at all. I hope Masahiro does the hair whipping genie girl, and the indie genre as a whole, justice.
Try not to see Western characters as having some kind of limited access. There's no set number on Western characters allowed by Nintendo or anything. I think the lack of Western characters comes more from them being harder to discuss and work on due to the language barrier and a difference in time zones to work around, making it just very hard to communicate properly about the character and all the other business around it.
And honestly, WayForward might have a little foot in the door on that front...

MattX20

Smash Hero
Try not to see Western characters as having some kind of limited access. There's no set number on Western characters allowed by Nintendo or anything. I think the lack of Western characters comes more from them being harder to discuss and work on due to the language barrier and a difference in time zones to work around, making it just very hard to communicate properly about the character and all the other business around it.
Exactly. It's just more convenient for Nintendo to negotiate with Japanese companies than it is with Western ones

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm loving the fact that RR and HGH are heading to the Stadia, yet we still don't know a bloody thing about when the first game releases on Switch.

Seriously though, one has to wonder if Mark Bozon had to sell a portion of his soul to Google in exchange of spreading Shantae awareness.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I mean, I believe WayForward is up a notch in the translation department since they manged to get Studio Trigger the anime studio that made Kill La Kill to create the animation for the opening to Seven Sirens. To me that's a big sign they have big partners and are giving money to for certain projects now instead of during Kickstarter.

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman

Thanks. Well, I guess there's no need to worry about Western character slots.

And yeah, WayForward has two or three (if the 1990s were anything to go by) decades of history with Nintendo, so it makes sense for them to have an advantage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom