• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown VI [Feb 6-8]

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
With pools filling up with all the last minute arrivals - ARRIVE ON TIME and BRING CONSOLES.

Please and thank you

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
Yes, its okay but please bring it before 10am so we can get wave 1 done ASAP.

Also, it's not a problem, just unfortunate for Hobs... <3 Hobs.
JOKES ON YOU ****ERS I'VE BEEN PRACTICING

edit: plz don't hurt me

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Hey I was wondering whether anyone was going to bring a decent camera? I wanted to take some photos, but my current camera isn't very good. x.x flash makes everyone look washed out and without it photos blur.

Anyway let me know if you can =) I'll be careful of course.
I also would be happy if someone would be able to take some good photos; I'm going back to Sydney several days after this tournament and I'd like to have some pictures with my friends from Melbourne for the memories. :)

Splice

Smash Hero
Dom can you bring your little capture device to record matches on the side that aren't streamed? ^_^

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, PM normally finished after other games because it's slower than other games. Top 8 at miles warehouse took 6 hours. I have no idea why that game is still 4 stock but that's none of my business.
I was watching my matches and I remembered this, I checked out the stream highlights and all of PM actually clocks in at 1hr29mins. Ok maybe tack on a generous 30mins for downtime but there's something real wrong with your 6 hour figure. I hope the timetable didn't cut PM down to top 4 based on this?

Anyway, see you guys soon, I'm mega pumped for this tourney :)

Pete278

Smash Lord
PM crews would be pretty tight since Dekar won't be here for us. Maybe if SD isn't feeling very Victorian he could play for OoS, but in all honesty Vlade and SD would be the two best PM players in attendance imo. Jamwa would have to refrain from picking Charizard for us to have a chance

It'd probably end up being
(Me+Jamwa+Fudge+Moxie)+Max/Dreadtech (Dread is the hype choice)
vs.
(Vlade+Hobobloke+Star+Pete)+SD

p.s Pete and Vlade are in the same PM pool but this should be fixed soon
You missed Romant1k, he's signing up tomorrow is Perth's fourth player.

skeneo

Smash Rookie
I might bring my Smash 4 setup tomorrow morning if no one else in my house needs the WiiU for the weekend, no guarantees.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Even if you can only bring an adaptors or a copy of them game, do it guys. Support us who support your game.

//

For those of you who can't make it, please follow twitch.tv/melbournemelee for the live stream or twitter.com/melbournemelee for live updates. Our twitter blew up today from announcing the BAM voting - be part of the hype and follow!

Last edited:

Song_

Smash Cadet
when we get to the hotel, where do i go.
dont want to walk around with a crt for 20 mins :p

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
No Kongo jungle. Stages will be provided.

10am start for pool 1

Just leave your TV at the front, find a TO, preferably joey, and we'll help you. Otherwise the venue is a minute from the street front tops.

Last edited:

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Didn't MW2 amateur winner got entry into pro bracket or something?

Eh, doesn't matter, can I please enter Smash 4 amateurs?

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Ok so mw2 amateur winner got to pro bracket because there was a drop out.

Amateur brackets only comprise of people who have signed up for the original tournament and didn't make bracket.

Meredy

The Busterina
I notice that a fair few people who are playing in round 1 melee amateurs already played each other in pools (eg. Jandalman and 4X). Is there no way around this?

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Been TO'ING for over 12 hours today and doing amateurs was a spur of the moment thing that the TO's set up, didn't think playing against someone from your pool was that important for an amateurs but ok I'll fix it.

*fixed but now that it's not seeded and instead just making sure you don't play someone in your pool there are some lopsided matches. Enjoy

Last edited:

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be cool for the amateur bracket grand finals to be on stream. I understand if it's not possible because of scheduling, but if it's comfortably doable...

Noxus

Smash Cadet
Been TO'ING for over 12 hours today and doing amateurs was a spur of the moment thing that the TO's set up, didn't think playing against someone from your pool was that important for an amateurs but ok I'll fix it.

*fixed but now that it's not seeded and instead just making sure you don't play someone in your pool there are some lopsided matches. Enjoy
You get some rest dread man, you have earnt it!

I think it would be cool for the amateur bracket grand finals to be on stream. I understand if it's not possible because of scheduling, but if it's comfortably doable...
The stream will be pretty tight and the people would most likely rather see pro bracket matches id imagine

Top Bottom