• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow the Hedgehog

8-bit hacker

Smash Cadet
Metal Sonic MKII > Shadow.

A badass robot is far greater then a black emo hedgehog who get's pwnd in the new game by an even more awesome hack.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Shadow is kind of emo now that I think about it. He tried to make himself seem bada$$ by riding a motorcycle, but it still couldn't stack up to MKII's greatness.

P.S. 8-bit, why does ur Renamon pic have boobs?

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
D00d whatever Shadow pwns j00! You guys are just mad cuz he has m4d tude'. That or he's still the worst character to have ever made an appearance in a Sonic game...I'm thinking it's the second of the two.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Ouch... that's harsh... I always thought that role either belonged to Amy Rose or Cream the Rabbit. If only he stayed dead following the events of Sonic Adventure 2... then he would have been remembered as noble character rather than the angsty mess of an emo he has since become - and the travesty that was Shadow the Hedgehog would have never been...

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
I think cream was the worst character to date, and I agree that shadow should have stayed dead. He was badass till sega started to strangle every ounce of cash out of him.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Cream is so annoying!! Her voice is like a spike in my brain. I think they just wanted to see what a rabbit would look like in Sonic animation. I personally would like to see a monkey. My brother drew one a while ago and it looked badass. Also Mighty the Armidillo should make a comeback in the next Sonic.

Xin

Smash Cadet
I just don't see how Shadow is more fit for SSBB than Sonic... I just don't see it.. honestly.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I said he's a G(angsta) thats not a race last time i checked.
*smacks self in forehead* I never said 'gangsta' was a race. The way you described Shadow seemed to fit the typical African-American stereotype. That's what I meant.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
So you assumed i was talking about black people, you did not me, all i said was he's a G.
You know as well as I do exactly what you meant. You're not going to worm your way out of this by trying to turn it around on me.

kaid

Smash Master
If by "Gangsta" you mean Al Capone- style gangster, I would have to disagree. Shadow shows no relation to that stereotype.

The more common use, however, IS a reference to Blacks. The fact that Shadow is a black hedgehog, and that Shadow fits this stereotype, is a slap in the face to African-Americans.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Can you all stop talking about stupid things please? WHO CARES if someone meant African-Americans or not by typing the word "gangsta" on the internet? I hope I don't have to remind you that this IS the internet, and you are practically guarunteed never to meet the person you're arguing with about this completely inane topic.

Peeze

Smash Master
If by "Gangsta" you mean Al Capone- style gangster, I would have to disagree. Shadow shows no relation to that stereotype.

The more common use, however, IS a reference to Blacks. The fact that Shadow is a black hedgehog, and that Shadow fits this stereotype, is a slap in the face to African-Americans.
1st of all Al Capone wasn't a gangster he was a mobster.
You just said Shadow fits the stereotype.. of a gangsta, just cause blacks are portrayed as gangsta has nothing to do with the meaning of the word.
You assume that's offensive to blacks, but I'm black and I don't find that stereotytpical or offensive since i said noithing about blacks in my original post. I said he's a G.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Can you all stop talking about stupid things please? WHO CARES if someone meant African-Americans or not by typing the word "gangsta" on the internet? I hope I don't have to remind you that this IS the internet, and you are practically guarunteed never to meet the person you're arguing with about this completely inane topic.
How is it stupid? I pointed out the fact that Shadow the Hedgehog is a racial stereotype (still completely on this topic about Shadow), and this dude tried to call me racist for noticing it. But you're right, it is pretty dumb to be arguing over the internet, and honestly, this guy isn't even worth my time.

Peeze

Smash Master
What are you talking about are you high? When did I say you were racist? You're starting to piss me off, so instead of getting kick off smash boards over your ignorance I'm just gonna forget this whole argument and watch sportscenter, or something.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm just gonna forget this whole argument and watch sportscenter, or something.
I'm almost positive that that's exactly what I said before you posted more about Al Capone and what racial stereotypes mean to you.

There's one thing that we can all agree on, and that is that Shadow sucks and has no place in a Super Smash Brothers game. And in the end, isn't that all that really matters?

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Dude, I loved Big. I actually had a blast playing as him, especially when you were on that tiny island and you could go in that underwater cave, that was so much fun. I loved his design and how he was basically an accidental hero, classic.

MarioWario1712

Smash Rookie
I'm almost positive that that's exactly what I said before you posted more about Al Capone and what racial stereotypes mean to you.

There's one thing that we can all agree on, and that is that Shadow rocks and has a place in a Super Smash Brothers game. And in the end, isn't that all that really matters?
Opinion, Shadow cooler than half the nintendo roster in Brawl. so far. If he sucks, why does he keep being in more Sonic Games? Why, because Sonic Teams Desperate and needs a Trump Card to be a decent franchise again. Shadow's that guy.

You'll never know who's coming to brawl. But if it's Shadow I ain't complainin.

MarioWario1712

Smash Rookie
D00d whatever Shadow pwns j00! You guys are just mad cuz he has m4d tude'. That or he's still the worst character to have ever made an appearance in a Sonic game...I'm thinking it's the second of the two.
Your the worst character to ever to have made an apperance to a Board. Ironic huh. I'll go with that answer Alex for 400.:laugh:

Shadow is kickass love, Thats fact.

Shadow>>>>>>>>>>You

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Wow I have never seen a quintuple post b4. Also Shadow is cool it's just that he shouldn't under any circumstances get into Brawl b4 any other suggested Sonic and/or 3rd party char.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
MarioWario, you're cute. Other than the fact that your grammar is an atrocity, we do in fact know that shadow will not be in brawl, common sense....use it. The quad post is a nice touch though, really helps get your point across.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace

And so they will always exist to be, these carbon-copy, two-dimensional characters. They are usually based on the the protagonist, they are essentially the same in form and design, albeit with spikey hair, or an "extreme" look. They normally have darker colours, red and black, dark blues or purples, and they always have bad attitudes. Their story usually involves them being "created" from some part of the main character, or they had some horrible background (emo) that scars them for life and sends them into a downward spiral of crime and hatred for all humanity. Boo...Frickin'....Hoo. Shadow sucks, his game sucks, his dialogue sucks, he sucks.

Peeze

Smash Master
too much time on your hands? Nice array of pics, but Sonic fits none of your criteria, xcept darker color and bad attitude, but thats cause somebody took his girl, wouldn't you be pissed?

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
I'm gonna let that "too much free time" thing slide cuz I'm feeling generous today, but no Shadow fits perfectly. He is the same as the protagonist, with darker colours and spikes, and he wears braclets. He has a ****ty non-sensical story about him being ancient and immortal and a bunch of BS like that. He falls in this category, don't deny it. Oh and btw, I just scratched the surface there, there are plenty more game examples. I haven't even mentioned comics, movies, and TV.

Top Bottom