• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow the Hedgehog

Mr.Smash

Smash Apprentice
Peeze said:
Just a quick question. There's been some talk about Sonic possibly being in SSBB, but has there been any talk about his counterpart Shadow being in the game maybe as like a secret character or something?
not to flme or put u down on this, but (i dislike shadow first of all hes corny.. really corny haha) he is identicle to sonic... according to the games hes pretty much the same thing as sonic is or can be lol... but i think if they made him an alternate character like a costume that would be cool... just render him as shadow and when u change costumres it could change hgis name... i was hopin thy would do this for many chars actually... (see how i feel about alt costumes in my post here http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=80188)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
shminkledorf said:
lmao, they're almost completely identical, what are you talking about. If you're referring to character than who cares? Shadow shouldn't be in this game. Not opinion, FACT.
Did I ever say Shadow should be in this game? No, I didn't. Almost completely identical? Incorrect. More like "almost completely different" is the true case. Better play your Sonic games again, because Shadow is beyond his own character. So stop assuming lies, kid.

Mr.Smash

Smash Apprentice
HyperFalcon said:
Did I ever say Shadow should be in this game? No, I didn't. Almost completely identical? Incorrect. More like "almost completely different" is the true case. Better play your Sonic games again, because Shadow is beyond his own character. So stop assuming lies, kid.
woah woah woah first of all buddy, i didnt say personally hes the same as sonic... im talkin move set. hes different i one way (two if u iclude the fact that he uses hoverskates haha but they dont make a diff) he doesnt have a bounce ring. he would be cool as an alt charachet. and second of all, i was just tryin to talk, share ideas, and enjoy a nice discussion, about characters and how we could incorporate shadow, u decided to be a jerk about it. listen, theres no need to take it to heart lol. its just a character. i never put u down or sed he sucks. but he is not the same. and ive beatin everysonic game to date that simportant, other than cd so dont talkj about my sonic education. (btw, im rather proud of my self for getting 173 emblems in sonic2battle.. lol on of my fave games. i got over 420 hours on my mem card for it. and those of u who played it know how impossible it is to get al a ranks in everything haha.)

Mr.Smash

Smash Apprentice
Mr.Smash said:
woah woah woah first of all buddy, i didnt say personally hes the same as sonic... im talkin move set. hes different i one way (two if u iclude the fact that he uses hoverskates haha but they dont make a diff) he doesnt have a bounce ring. he would be cool as an alt charachet. and second of all, i was just tryin to talk, share ideas, and enjoy a nice discussion, about characters and how we could incorporate shadow, u decided to be a jerk about it. listen, theres no need to take it to heart lol. its just a character. i never put u down or sed he sucks. but he is not the same. and ive beatin everysonic game to date that simportant, other than cd so dont talkj about my sonic education. (btw, im rather proud of my self for getting 173 emblems in sonic2battle.. lol on of my fave games. i got over 420 hours on my mem card for it. and those of u who played it know how impossible it is to get al a ranks in everything haha.)

oops hahah im really sry bout that my bad... haha. i didnt seeur quote well i feel like a b hole now haha. yeah ur right actually. my bad forgive me

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wasn't talking to you, Mr. Smash. Read the quote better, please. And I have 179 emblems as is, so that's a moot point.

Mr.Smash

Smash Apprentice
HyperFalcon said:
I wasn't talking to you, Mr. Smash. Read the quote better, please. And I have 179 emblems as is, so that's a moot point.
yeah i realized after and apologized lol. and btw kudos to u for that... thats a difficult yhing to manaeg.. chaos choa were a pain too. and not worth it. only for bbragging rights. i could never have a perfect chao. if u did that ill be impressed. pm, me sometime if u wantta chat ever,. again i apologize.

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
You misunderstand me.
I mean how they play, etc. Identical. Not cosmetically. I assumed you meant they were completely different gameplaywise.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mostly different. In his first appearence, while their playstyle was a bit similar, the way they actually played felt completely different to me, regardless of the similar moves. If anything, they play the most differently from the other 4 characters because of the different abilities they possess.(for example, Shadow has no Bounce Attack, completely changing his strategies and how he goes through everything)

In multiplayer, yes, they're pure out clones, but 1Player is what seperates every character.(not counting the timing, etc. on Chaos Control and other Multiplayer abilities)

Big House #1

Smash Apprentice
Stryks said:
The only diference from shadow and sonic when it comes to attacks and stuff, is that shadow uses guns (and we know how Sakurai feel about them) and rollerskates, pretty much it
Why does everyone think Shadow only has gun attacks? He has chaos control powers, which would be much better in brawl than guns.

But I do doubt that Shadow will be in there, unless they do downloadable characters from Wiiconnect24.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Big House #1 said:
Why does everyone think Shadow only has gun attacks? He has chaos control powers, which would be much better in brawl than guns..
You can thank Shadow the Hedgehog for that. I'm suprised they don't refer to SA2, which was the LAST good Sonic console game. Here's hoping Sonic Wild Fire fares better.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Of course..Shadow skates while Sonic runs..So Shadown would of had a hard time to be on the stage, he would slip and slide. Also Sonic..has the magic hand thing you get in SA2, Shadow does not. Plus Shadow uses chaos control more than Sonic does. So..Sonic is not Shadow.

BlueImpulse

Smash Cadet
Even though Shadow is never going to make it into the game... No... I won't even think about him ever getting in. He's the "Halo" oh Sega, that meaning, stupid, overated, horrible gameplay, a bad character, a way to get kids into guns easier, and did I mention stupid?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Look just forget Shadow and have Tails be in SSBB. End of story.

Shadow would be a clone of sonic, tails would not.

Sonic runs, tails flys.

It would sorta be like Mario and Luigi. They have different moves, but some of the moves are the same.

Peeze

Smash Master
Jigglymaster said:
Look just forget Shadow and have Tails be in SSBB. End of story.

Shadow would be a clone of sonic, tails would not.

Sonic runs, tails flys.
Where have you been? ifyou read the first three pages of this thread(or played any shadow games) we've already established that shadow is indeed different. And even if Tails was in SSBB they would'nt give him the ability to fly it would be too much of an advantage for him.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Man your so frieken retarted.

Tails flying ability would sorta work like peach's wombling. He would only have 2 jumps. His b up wouldn't be is helicopter. Man I've never seen anybody as stupid as you. I mean his b up would prolly work just like Peach's but only without the unbrella.

Shadow uses guns so he won't be in SSBB. Hes a retarted character and he dosn't seem like he would fit. If anybody is going to be in SSBB with sonic it would be tails.

Peeze

Smash Master
That's not flying Einstein thats hovering if ur not gaining altitude. by the way you spelled freakin wrong but what do I know im "friekin ********".

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You know that I really don't care about all your blabbering I'm just trying to say that Tails should be in SSBB and shadow should not.

If your mature enough you will stop this argument.

So stop your bawling and continue with your life. Shadow isn't going to be in SSBB.

PS: Jigglypuff will own you.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Despite the fact that Jigglymaster's signature blinds me,(except for the first pic) he's right. I doubt Tails will be in Brawl, but he certainly has a higher chance of being in Brawl than Shadow.

Peeze

Smash Master
True tails more likely to make it than shadow but I'm sure most people will agree that Shadow would be a tougher opponent. Oh and by the way shadow has more than guns he can conjtrol the Chaos emeralds which gives him power that can trump Tails frilly hovering crap any day!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Peeze said:
shadow has more than guns he can conjtrol
Its to bad that Guns aren't going to be in SSBB then.

Also you spelt control wrong.

Conjtrol - spelt wrong

Control - spelt right

*leaves the thread*

Stryks

Smash Hero
I like Shadow more than tails, but still dont wan either in brawl, alo Tails doesnt know how to fight eitherwise he would have escaped from eggman in Sonic 2, he just builds things, pretty much it.

Peeze

Smash Master
Good one Jiggly Master! i hope ur right about Tails cause if he sucks I'm so gonna rub it in ur face.

P.S. Touche, even though shadow still rocks u made some good points.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Stryks said:
I like Shadow more than tails, but still dont wan either in brawl, alo Tails doesnt know how to fight eitherwise he would have escaped from eggman in Sonic 2, he just builds things, pretty much it.
....I would ask if you knew that in most games Tails wasn't in a robot but I'm sure you do.

This leads me instead to the question of: You're joking, right?

peeze said:
True tails more likely to make it than shadow but I'm sure most people will agree that Shadow would be a tougher opponent. Oh and by the way shadow has more than guns he can conjtrol the Chaos emeralds which gives him power that can trump Tails frilly hovering crap any day!
You'd also think a giant lizard with a spiked shell on his back (Bowser) would also be a tougher opponent than a woman in a pink dress who is constantly kidnapped by said giant lizard (Peach)....

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im just had it with sonic character fans, some people want knuckles, some shadow, some sonic, some tails, it just gets frustrating, besides Tails aint a fighter he more like the sidekcik that doesnt do much. Hell I prefer eggman over Tails so dont get me started.

Peeze

Smash Master
I like ur thinkin Stryks. Why add another lightweight useless character when we already have 2 electric rats, 2 girls in dresses, and a boy with a yo-yo? Tails is a no go. Shadow though has rediculous power and speed.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
(This post is a mocking of the post above the post above me)

I've just about had it with the pokefans, they want Deoxys, Lucario, and other characters that suck. The only good one is Grimer. Besides, Deoxys isn't even the most memorable villain, Mewtwo was. I prefer Goomba over Deoxys so don't even get me started.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Stryks said:
Im just had it with sonic character fans, some people want knuckles, some shadow, some sonic, some tails, it just gets frustrating, besides Tails aint a fighter he more like the sidekcik that doesnt do much. Hell I prefer eggman over Tails so dont get me started.
1. You're annoyed so you decide to talk rubbish?

2. Yeah, Tails is pretty much a sidekick but so was Luigi, it doesn't mean that they can't fight.

edit:

3. I don't actually want Shadow or Tails in this game.

4. Luckily there ain't a hope in hell that either will be in it.

Chaos_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Except that Tails does know how to fight, hence he has appeared in two fighting games to Shadow's one, granted that Shadow didn't exist when Sonic Championship was made. Still, the argument that Tails can't fight doesn't hold water. Whether he chooses to or not... that's a matter of character, something Tails has been developing for 13 years. He was around when the Sonic games were good.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I know Luigi is a sidekick, But luigi does fight an stuff he faced his fears in Mansion, and has helped mario to save the princess every time, besides hes mario's brother its like obvious to put him in brawl. When it comes to tails its just some... hell I dont what he is like a fox, a cat I dot know... point is... he doesnt fight much he helps sonic fight by using his airplane and stuff, and hand to hand combat doubt he does much unless he suse some ivention of his 2 fight either wise well cant c him fighting.

Peeze

Smash Master
Chaos_Dude said:
Except that Tails does know how to fight, hence he has appeared in two fighting games to Shadow's one, granted that Shadow didn't exist when Sonic Championship was made. Still, the argument that Tails can't fight doesn't hold water. Whether he chooses to or not... that's a matter of character, something Tails has been developing for 13 years. He was around when the Sonic games were good.
Name one good move of Tails that could beat, Oh I don't know Freakin CHAOS EMERALDS.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Peeze said:
Name one good move of Tails that could beat, Oh I don't know Freakin CHAOS EMERALDS.
Yeah I mean tails aint a fighter, shadow is, so is easier to make moves for him than a little kid fox what ever he is, still I dont like sonic games that much but I rather have shadow in, tough I knwo it wont happen any time soon.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Stryks said:
I know Luigi is a sidekick, But luigi does fight an stuff he faced his fears in Mansion, and has helped mario to save the princess every time, besides hes mario's brother its like obvious to put him in brawl. When it comes to tails its just some... hell I dont what he is like a fox, a cat I dot know... point is... he doesnt fight much he helps sonic fight by using his airplane and stuff, and hand to hand combat doubt he does much unless he suse some ivention of his 2 fight either wise well cant c him fighting.
Ok, firstly Luigi has not helped Mario everytime (but that isn't important so we'll ignore that).

Secondly I'm actually starting to doubt my earlier presumtion 'I would ask if you knew that in most games Tails wasn't in a robot but I'm sure you do' because most of the time Tails isn't in machinery.

Also as Chaos Dude said Tails has already appeared in Sonic fighting games which, every so slightly, rubbishes your claim that he can't fight.

There's also the fact that he can spin (could be a mixture of Mewtwo's and Jiggly's B attacks, i.e. when he's charging up if an opponent walks into it they'll be hurt and once its released it will be like Jiggly's B roll), he can hover (a second jump much like Peach), his Up + B could be him scrambling higher before a slow descent, of course thats all that I can think of off the top of my head and I'm hardly a big Sonic fan - having only played the 2D games when I was about 8 and having only played SA2 since then.

Peeze

Smash Master
Starálfur said:
Ok, firstly Luigi has not helped Mario everytime (but that isn't important so we'll ignore that).

Secondly I'm actually starting to doubt my earlier presumtion 'I would ask if you knew that in most games Tails wasn't in a robot but I'm sure you do' because most of the time Tails isn't in machinery.

Also as Chaos Dude said Tails has already appeared in Sonic fighting games which, every so slightly, rubbishes your claim that he can't fight.

There's also the fact that he can spin (could be a mixture of Mewtwo's and Jiggly's B attacks, i.e. when he's charging up if an opponent walks into it they'll be hurt and once its released it will be like Jiggly's B roll), he can hover (a second jump much like Peach), his Up + B could be him scrambling higher before a slow descent, of course thats all that I can think of off the top of my head and I'm hardly a big Sonic fan - having only played the 2D games when I was about 8 and having only played SA2 since then.
Yeah Staralfur i would so prefer Spining and hovering to Freakin CHAOS EMERALDS.

Stryks

Smash Hero
his power wuld be low, he doesnt have the speed, strenght, heaviness, he would have stats similair to young link, and with no projectile attacks he will rely on hand to hand, whcih he will be easily knockout, no knockout ability, the only good thing would be his recovery pretty much it, unless theres a steroid Item that will give him strenght I dont c it appening.

P.S. Gonna play some CS.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Seeing as how Sakurai stated that only 1-2 3rd party characters are going to get in, neither Shadow nor Tails will make an appearance in Brawl. They're not going to have 2 characters from one franchise with such little space available.

Chaos_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Peeze said:
Assuming that Shadow gets Chaos Emeralds? Can he even fight without them? If we're using items, then I will just say mechs and any other invention Tails can make. Other than that, play Sonic Championship or Sonic Battle and take a look for yourself. I personally abused the Mule Kick in Sonic Championship but then if Tails wanted to take out Shadow, he'd just steal the Chaos Emerald and hold his head underwater.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Peeze said:
Yeah Staralfur i would so prefer Spining and hovering to Freakin CHAOS EMERALDS.
Yep, because is Sakurai was going to add another Sonic franchise character apart from Sonic (which he won't) he would choose Shadow over the second biggest, and different from Sonic more more ways than Shadow, character from the series just because of 'Freakin CHAOS EMERALDS'.

:rolleyes:

Peeze

Smash Master
Chaos_Dude said:
Assuming that Shadow gets Chaos Emeralds? Can he even fight without them? If we're using items, then I will just say mechs and any other invention Tails can make. Other than that, play Sonic Championship or Sonic Battle and take a look for yourself. I personally abused the Mule Kick in Sonic Championship but then if Tails wanted to take out Shadow, he'd just steal the Chaos Emerald and hold his head underwater.
if Sonic can't control the Choas Emeralds what makes u think Tails can. Plus they don't have to be an item they could just be part of his specials like yoshi his up b is an egg throw right. well where the **** do the eggs keep coming from? it's not from swallowing anything or from any items, its just built into his character.

Peeze

Smash Master
Starálfur said:
Yep, because is Sakurai was going to add another Sonic franchise character apart from Sonic (which he won't) he would choose Shadow over the second biggest, and different from Sonic more more ways than Shadow, character from the series just because of 'Freakin CHAOS EMERALDS'.

:rolleyes:
Ah okay who was the second most widely known Pokemon around? Pichu? No but he was still added for God knows what reason.

Whoops i just double posted, didn't I?

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Peeze said:
Ah okay who was the second most widely known Pokemon around? Pichu? No but he was still added for God knows what reason.
He was added because they had some time and they couldn't develop a new character so they made a clone of Pikachu.

Top Bottom