• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow the Hedgehog

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Other than Sonic himself, either Knuckles or Tails would have priority, and Mecha Sonic is a much better boss idea. Honestly though, I would much rather see Eggman.

Xin

Smash Cadet
Well you better hold that Turd from in your *** because I give Shadow Mad Props for what He does(plus thousands of other Sonic Fans around the world). Sonic himself is useless since he can't macth Shadow in every Chaos Ability without an emerald. Shadow's Ten times cooler, better, faster, stronger and tougher than Sonic will ever in his life(even though Sonic has better games than him) he's the Ultimate Lifeform for christ's sake. He's taken the Sonic World by Storm in SA2 he'll do it again in brawl. And you can't stop it no matter how much you dislike him. He's cooler than Knuckles and Smarter than Tails. He's everything The Triple Threats not. Shadow for brawl would become my Dream Come True. No one, not even Tails and Knuckles deserves a place for Brawl more than Shadow does. He's earned it for being with the franchise for 5 years, having is own game, and becoming the second most popualar character next to Sonic. He's a Clone but a Badass Cone that Sonic can't take down without help from his friends(see Sonic X and Battle). And Quite Frankly Sonic kinda stale and generic for one of the greatest game Characters in existance and he's lame with his SUPA POWA OF TEEMWORK LOL speech. Shadow the Greatest in my opinion. And nothing you say will cahnge my mind at all.

Shadow For Brawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm all for it. If Wario can make it with Mario than Shadow can make it with Sonikku.
I LOLed alot when i read this. I have nothing against you supporting Shadow but.... I am a DIE HARD Sonic fan. I have played EVERY game that Sonic was in where I got to mainly play as him and he was running. (Seriously man.. screw Sonic riders... and I didn't like Sonic Pinball).

Shadow to me was nothing but an annoying rip-off character that only got in the way of me playing the TRUE HERO of the games i enjoyed playing.

Also, please answer this... at what point was Shadow ever stronger than Sonic in the story lines? No I did not play Shadow the Hedghog... why? Because he is not Sonic THE Hedghog. Use guns in a sonic based game? Why? To me it made no sense, it wasn't a sonic game at that point. It was STUPID for shadow (in the trailer) to even BE ON A MOTORCYCLE. PLEASE TELL ME WHY HE WAS ON A MOTORCYCLE WHEN HE CAN RUN SO MUCH FASTER?!

That was pure idiocy.

Some people say: Sonic does not use Chaos Control...
The reply to that is... he doesn't need to, and in ONLY TWO INSTANCES where he NEEDED to use it, and guess what? He did. Sonic has his style of doing things and doesn't rely on tricks such as those to get the job done.

Shadow uses the Chaos Emerald better than Sonic:
Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Robotnik all know what the Chaos Emeralds can do, and Sonic has only used the chaos emerald when he needs them, not just because he can.

Sonic does HIS thing and HIS way of doing things have not often failed, and he's been at it for the past 15 years while Shadow is only labled as Sonics cheap counterpart.

To me, Shadow is not Sonic, just his equal in different ways. I haven't seen Shadow over power Sonic, especially not in SA2, when at the end you had to run up against Shadow and take him down, they were completely even.

Though one thing I have noticed that i have played, Shadow take longer to get up to speed than sonic, but only by a bit.

Shadow by no means is superior to Sonic, as Sonic is not superior to Shadow. Yet Sonic is MUCH more respected and well known.

Actually, if you want to go by who is the strongest, Sonic has progressed the furthest with the Emeralds, reaching Hyper Sonic form (which i loved man, gawd it was awsome).

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
BTW, on the official Sonic Wiki, as well as I believe the strategy guide, it states that Knuckles is physically stronger than Shadow.

Peeze

Smash Master
<_< And Shadow the Hedgehog IS the worst Sega game ever. Im not saying the character itself is weak, but its a weak rip-off character. And no rip-off characters should be allowed in Brawl.

Shadow in Brawl = No good.
And I clearly do NOT support Shadow because:
1: He's a rip off character.
2: I do not support any Sonic character just because I dont like Sonic.
3: Only one character form the Sonic franchise should be in Brawl.
4: He's wannabe.
5: He would take up a 3d party slot. I'd rather have another first or second party character then any 3d party one.
1.so is DDk
2.diddo for DDk
3.Diddo for DDK
4.Same for DDK.... but you still support him. Shadow would be a nice addition to see opposite of sonic, actually I'd rather prefer shadow over sonic, shadow has the potential to do so much more than sonic.

kaid

Smash Master
^ Peeze, you have just shown your ignorance.

Diddy is comparable to Tails. He's a Sidekick, not a ripoff. DK Jr... now THAT's a rip off.

Shadow has only been in 3 games, 2 of which were awful. (Heros and Shadow) He has not EARNED his own 3rd pary slot, which Sonic has worked his entire EXISTANCE to get. Megaman is far more likely to get the LAST AVAILABLE 3rd party slot, given his popularity in Japan, and the fact America already got our pick with Sonic.

In short, Shadow will not be in Brawl.

Peeze

Smash Master
i never said he would be in brawl just that if he was in it he would make a better character than sonic cause he's built for fighting. What i said about DDK was an inside joke between me and Diddy Kong, he already convinced me DDk would be a good character choice i was writing that to get some laughs out of him.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
... but balloon fighter does?
Yes, he was going to be in Melee, cut for Ice Climbers. Sakurai thought he was deserving enough for Smash. Not to mention he's Nintendo makes him more deserving than any third party character, including Sonic, Megaman, Shadow, Bonk, and the like

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Anyways, this has ben said more times than anyone can count, Shadow doesn't deserve the spot
It's not even a matter of deserving it. As I've stated before, and as McFox has stated that I have stated before, there is simply not enough room for Shadow. With only 2 remaining 3rd party slots, there's barely any room for Sonic, let alone a minor, widely unpopular Sonic franchise character. This isn't from the viewpoint of a Shadow hater, nor is it from the viewpoint of a Shadow fan. It is from the logical and factual viewpoint of what actually can and can't happen. End of discussion.

Peeze

Smash Master
HMBG: heard that story be4 he's "deserving" because of his heritage with nintendo yadayadayada blah blah blah, how many moves can you create with a balloon?

HT: whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa "unpopular character"? Shadow has a rediculous fanbase, he's just like metaknight: how many people really cared a lot for him be4 they heard he was gonna be in brawl? not a lot.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
HMBG: heard that story be4 he's "deserving" because of his heritage with nintendo yadayadayada blah blah blah, how many moves can you create with a balloon?
how many moves can you create with a racer? 4 great B moves, and the knee. And it's not to hard to make a moveset for Balloon Fighter

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
HT: whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa "unpopular character"? Shadow has a rediculous fanbase, he's just like metaknight: how many people really cared a lot for him be4 they heard he was gonna be in brawl? not a lot.
I've heard several people claiming that they feel that Shadow the Hedgehog was so bad that it is an insult to every other video game ever made. And honestly, I see where they're coming from. After that turd of a game, only the most desparate of the most hadrcore fanboys really seem to be clinging to what was already a throwaway character to start with. And regardless of his popularity, there is still no room for him in Brawl.

Peeze

Smash Master
"i have heard several people claiming..."
Several is 2 or three not the whole fanbase
claiming is based on their opinion not fact

HMBG: oh my fault you meant C.F. oh okay.
Well enough moves to get him into N64, melee and brawl, can't say that for BF
Enough moves to rank him high tier, can't say that for BF, wait he didn't make it into melee, sorry

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
wasn't talking about shadow.

And Hidden Tiger, those are the points I was talking about when I said he didn't deserve the spot.
Well then you know where I'm coming from, right?

@Peeze: By Several, I mean an entire separate message boad, with around 100 members. And yes, Shadow was a dark brown skidmark on the name of all video games. It's not a matter of opinion. It's just fact. Shadow's game blows.

Peeze

Smash Master
HT: i bet you never even played Shadow the hedgehog.
HMBG: i bet you've never even played F-zero.
P.S. HT 100 doesn't equal several
P.P.S. HMBG yes i have i loved the balloons and the floating and the balloons. But my favorite part of the games was the balloons. (Not so much the falling though) Did I mention the balloons?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
HMBG: i bet you've never even played F-zero.[.quote]

What Nintendo hasn't played F-Zero? Fire Stingray ftw

P.P.S. HMBG yes i have i loved the balloons and the floating and the balloons. But my favorite part of the games was the balloons. (Not so much the falling though) Did I mention the balloons?
yay?

I wouldn't consider Shadow the Hedgehog game a good game, but I must give props to SEGA for basing two levels after TRON-inspired landscapes

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Look, it doesn't matter even a little bit if Shadow is awesome or if he sucks (and it's that second one). Like HiddenTiger has mentioned twice and now I'm going on my second time: there is a definite pre-set limit of third party characters. That number is 3. Solid Snake is already in. There is only room for TWO more third party characters. With that kind of limit, Shadow has absolutely no chance. With the robust roster of GOOD third party characters they could include (Pac-Man, Megaman, Viewtiful Joe, Geno, Sonic, etc.), Shadow is just not going to make the list. He never even had a chance BEFORE we knew the limit, now it's just official.

Peeze

Smash Master
Wow McFox i already said he wasn't going to be in just that he would make a better choice than sonic in his fighting style. Sonic would get in over him because he's more popular but TO ME shadow is built for SSB sonic is not.
THAT IS MY 3RD TIME SAYING THAT.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
HT: i bet you never even played Shadow the hedgehog.
P.S. HT 100 doesn't equal several
Yes I have. I demoed it at a store once, and after 3 minutes I switched over to playing Naruto: Clash of Ninja. That's how bad it is.

P.S. Yes it does.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
i never said he would be in brawl just that if he was in it he would make a better character than sonic cause he's built for fighting. What i said about DDK was an inside joke between me and Diddy Kong, he already convinced me DDk would be a good character choice i was writing that to get some laughs out of him.
I knew you didn't took it seriously. :p Atleast you know Diddy is a good addition to Brawl. Btw I am DDK. The character Diddy from Donkey Kong should be called DDK. ;)

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Peeze if you're going by fighting styles then Shadow would not be the best choice. Knuckles would, b/c out of all Sonic chars he is the best brawler.

P.S. Peeze you get a +rep just for being a PR fan. Despite your questionable taste in video games. lol :p

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?

I laughed to death when I saw this.:laugh: Before Brawl was even announced, a poll was held to see who should have been in Melee. The three most requested characters in order were:

-Wario
-Metaknight
-Toad

I guess alot of people wanted him in after all...

Also, what I think someone before was trying to say was, CF didn't have a moveset before he got in Melee so they made up a moveset. The same can be done for BF.

With that, I am out of here.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wow McFox i already said he wasn't going to be in just that he would make a better choice than sonic in his fighting style. Sonic would get in over him because he's more popular but TO ME shadow is built for SSB sonic is not.
THAT IS MY 3RD TIME SAYING THAT.
Yeah and lets say...Machamp is more built for fighting then Jigglypuff or Pichu. Yet they made it before him. Mario with the Fire Flower also is stronger then Mario himself. This doesnt say anything. Being stronger then someone doesnt incrase the chances of the character. If so, Ganondorf would never lose to the likes of Pikachu or Peach. And strong characters also dont have to be the best in Brawl. Look at Mewtwo, in Pokemon hes a god he's even banned in real competive play. In Melee, he's bottom tier, being even worse then Pichu.

And since your saying Shadow would be a clone of Sonic, Shadow wont be in because Sakurai said there will be no clones. :) Sonic>Shadow. And Im not Sonic supporter either. I still think he'd be a good costume.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Yeah and lets say...Machamp is more built for fighting then Jigglypuff or Pichu. Yet they made it before him. Mario with the Fire Flower also is stronger then Mario himself. This doesnt say anything. Being stronger then someone doesnt incrase the chances of the character. If so, Ganondorf would never lose to the likes of Pikachu or Peach. And strong characters also dont have to be the best in Brawl. Look at Mewtwo, in Pokemon hes a god he's even banned in real competive play. In Melee, he's bottom tier, being even worse then Pichu.

And since your saying Shadow would be a clone of Sonic, Shadow wont be in because Sakurai said there will be no clones. :) Sonic>Shadow. And Im not Sonic supporter either. I still think he'd be a good costume.
I don't seem to recall Sakurai saying anything about a "no clones" rule. Could you point in the direction of that quote?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No, he can't, because Sakurai never said that. Most people just assume that the clones from Melee will be cut or revamped, therefore there won't be any more clones. But is by NO MEANS official.

Peeze

Smash Master

Yeah uh wow where did I say anything about stronger. I said Shadow has a better FIGHTING STYLE than sonic cause he's built for fighting if you don't believe me play his game.

@SupaSmashBrotha: Yeah knuckles would be a better brawler forgot about him.
P.S. back in the day P.R. used to be da ish.

ckrocker

Smash Cadet
Yeah uh wow where did I say anything about stronger. I said Shadow has a better FIGHTING STYLE than sonic cause he's built for fighting if you don't believe me play his game.

@SupaSmashBrotha: Yeah knuckles would be a better brawler forgot about him.
P.S. back in the day P.R. used to be da ish.
ur right, thats what i think too. Based on Shadow's game its has more capability than Sonic. Plus, Nintendo launched the game not too long ago which make him a great pick....

Big House #1

Smash Apprentice
Shadow was much better in Sonic Battle than his actual game. In Sonic Battle, you actually saw Shadow's (real) fighting style and it was pretty awesome. No guns. No vehicles. Just pure chaos control. Chaos controlling across the arena, and then throwing chaos powers in people's faces was brilliant!!! If Shadow was to be in brawl, he would have to be based on that and not on his game, as I will cry. :'(

Now, as much as I doubt Shadow being in Brawl, I wouldn't be surprised if he was in. But I would probably prefer Sonic to be in there, just to see who would win, Mario or Sonic.

Top Bottom