• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow the Hedgehog

Chaos_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Peeze said:
if Sonic can't control the Choas Emeralds what makes u think Tails can. Plus they don't have to be an item they could just be part of his specials like yoshi his up b is an egg throw right. well where the **** do the eggs keep coming from? it's not from swallowing anything or from any items, its just built into his character.
A chaos emerald or all seven? Do you know why Sonic doesn't use single Chaos Emeralds anymore? Because Sega knows that Shadow would be completely obsolete if he did, hence they stopped Sonic from using them. I don't think Sega knew Shadow would become so popular. It's because he's the anti-hero, basically FFVII's Cloud in Shadow form. Both mope about the fact that they couldn't save their girlfriend and both complain about having to save the world which they reluctantly do while babbling on about their "totrured" pasts. I can't wait until this archetype becomes passe.

Peeze

Smash Master
Starálfur said:
He was added because they had some time and they couldn't develop a new character so they made a clone of Pikachu.
Riiight. So since it would be easier to make a similar(but different) version of Pikachu(pichu) wouldn't it be easier to make a similar (but different) version of sonic(Shadow)?

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Peeze said:
Riiight. So since it would be easier to make a similar(but different) version of Pikachu(pichu) wouldn't it be easier to make a similar (but different) version of sonic(Shadow)?
Yes it would.....What's your point?

My first point was that Tails could fight.

My second was that if they were to add another character they would choose the second most popular Sonic character, and the one which has been around for over a decade, over Shadow (because the only thing Shadow seems to have going for him, this is what I gather from your posts, is 'Freakin CHAOS EMERALDS').

EDIT:

But yeah, if they decided to put in another character which would take the least amount of work possibleI'm sure they'd go for Shadow.......

Peeze

Smash Master
yeah it looks like I'm not getting anywhere with u guys. Whats say we agree on a common point: Because he is more well known, Tails has a higher chance of getting in but, Shadow would be the stronger competitor?

Chaos_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Peeze said:
yeah it looks like I'm not getting anywhere with u guys. Whats say we agree on a common point: Because he is more well known, Tails has a higher chance of getting in but, Shadow would be the stronger competitor?
Y'know what? Why not? If both happen to make it into SSBB by some miracle, I'll play you and we'll find out. Actually, It was nice actually arguing with you. I haven't been involved in a good debate in a while.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Peeze said:
1. They have the same chance of getting in: 0%.

2. The Shadow being stronger is stupid logic because, as I've said before, you'd think Bowser would be a stronger opponent than Peach but in fact Peach mauls him.

Peeze

Smash Master
Same here Chaos_Dude, Send me a Pm sometime maybe when SSBB comes out i can play you(we can put some money on it and make it into a reality tv special on FOX!)

Chaos_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Starálfur said:

2. The Shadow being stronger is stupid logic because, as I've said before, you'd think Bowser would be a stronger opponent than Peach but in fact Peach mauls him.
Peach mauls a lot of people. I think she may just be capturing Bowser and forcing him to fight Mario for her own amusement. If he declines, she'll kill him with her bare hands. O_o;;

Chaos_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Peeze said:
Same here Chaos_Dude, Send me a Pm sometime maybe when SSBB comes out i can play you(we can put some money on it and make it into a reality tv special on FOX!)
Alright. I added you to my buddy list just to make sure. Whether Tails or Shadow make it in or not, expect a challenge from me.

Peeze

Smash Master
Starálfur said:

Yo ur still goin with this? Well let me make a final point before my show comes on, would you rather have a fast car with machine guns on top or an armored tank with a cannon?

P.S. Ditto Choas_Dude

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Peeze said:
Yo ur still goin with this? Well let me make a final point before my show comes on, would you rather have a fast car with machine guns on top or an armored tank with a cannon?

P.S. Ditto Choas_Dude
Because I didn't agree with you....

:ohwell:

Peeze

Smash Master
I think u were missing the point i said stronger, not better. Bowser IS stronger than Peach.Is he a better character than Peach? not neccesarily but he still COULD beat peach

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Shadow deserves about as much respect as the last turd I crapped up. He is a useless clone of one of the greastest game characters in existence with a 0% percent chance of making it into Brawl. Talk about things that could ruin Brawl... Shadow on the roster is the first thing that comes to my mind.

BTW: Bowser and Luigi > Mario > Peach

MarioWario1712

Smash Rookie
Shadow deserves about as much respect as the last turd I crapped up. He is a useless clone of one of the greastest game characters in existence with a 0% percent chance of making it into Brawl. Talk about things that could ruin Brawl... Shadow on the roster is the first thing that comes to my mind.

BTW: Bowser and Luigi > Mario > Peach
Well you better hold that Turd from in your *** because I give Shadow Mad Props for what He does(plus thousands of other Sonic Fans around the world). Sonic himself is useless since he can't macth Shadow in every Chaos Ability without an emerald. Shadow's Ten times cooler, better, faster, stronger and tougher than Sonic will ever in his life(even though Sonic has better games than him) he's the Ultimate Lifeform for christ's sake. He's taken the Sonic World by Storm in SA2 he'll do it again in brawl. And you can't stop it no matter how much you dislike him. He's cooler than Knuckles and Smarter than Tails. He's everything The Triple Threats not. Shadow for brawl would become my Dream Come True. No one, not even Tails and Knuckles deserves a place for Brawl more than Shadow does. He's earned it for being with the franchise for 5 years, having is own game, and becoming the second most popualar character next to Sonic. He's a Clone but a Badass Cone that Sonic can't take down without help from his friends(see Sonic X and Battle). And Quite Frankly Sonic kinda stale and generic for one of the greatest game Characters in existance and he's lame with his SUPA POWA OF TEEMWORK LOL speech. Shadow the Greatest in my opinion. And nothing you say will cahnge my mind at all.

Shadow For Brawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm all for it. If Wario can make it with Mario than Shadow can make it with Sonikku.

Mario>Bowser>Everyone else.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
lol... i hate it when ignorant fanboys make accounts just so they can make their first post about how much they like shadow... noone cares about how sonic isnt as strong as a "badass cone". sonic is the only character that deserves to get in from the sonic franchise.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Before I even read the first post: NO!!! And again: NO!!!!!

Shadow is perhaps one of the weakest rip-off characters since Waluigi. He also stared in the worst Sega game ever. I even dont really like the idea of Sonic being in Brawl... Shadow is even worse then lets say, having Little Mac being a clone of Kirby. NO and I repeat, NO Shadow! Just one character from the Sonic franchise is more then enough.

And may you not understand:

NO SHADOW FOR BRAWL!

NEVER!

MarioWario1712

Smash Rookie
lol... i hate it when ignorant fanboys make accounts just so they can make their first post about how much they like shadow... noone cares about how sonic isnt as strong as a "badass cone". sonic is the only character that deserves to get in from the sonic franchise.
Well sorry it's just my opinion. Of course Sonic Derserves to get into Brawl more than Shadow does. I Support him as well. I just want to see a Wario and Mario vs Sonic and Shadow Fight. Thats my dream.

MarioWario1712

Smash Rookie
Before I even read the first post: NO!!! And again: NO!!!!!

Shadow is perhaps one of the greatest rip-off characters since Wario. He also stared in the greatest Sega games ever. I even dont really like the idea of Sonic being in Brawl... Shadow is even worse then lets say, having Little Mac being a clone of Kirby. NO and I repeat, NO Shadow! Just one character from the Sonic franchise is more then enough.

And may you not understand:

SHADOW FOR BRAWL!

YES
SHUT THE HELL UP FANWANK I"M ALLOWED TO SAY MY **** OPINION. And Shadow's stroger than Sonic Tail's and Knuckles Combined. He's anything but Weak like Walugigi. SA2 the best Sonic Game Ever Made 3d. Stop being a total Fanwanker. And I want Shadow in brawl I don't care what you think. Piss off.

100links

Smash Ace
SHUT THE HELL UP FANWANK I"M ALLOWED TO SAY MY **** OPINION. And Shadow's stroger than Sonic Tail's and Knuckles Combined. He's anything but Weak like Walugigi. SA2 the best Sonic Game Ever Made 3d. Stop being a total Fanwanker. And I want Shadow in brawl I don't care what you think. Piss off.
how the crap is he being a fanwank?

shadow fails....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Whoa I hitted something sensitive here.. Im not being a fanwank or whatever the **** that may be. And yeah your allowed to say your oppion. Did I ever said you may not? Not everyone is dreaming of Mario vs Wario vs Sonic vs Shadow you know. <_< And Shadow the Hedgehog IS the worst Sega game ever. Im not saying the character itself is weak, but its a weak rip-off character. And no rip-off characters should be allowed in Brawl.

Shadow in Brawl = No good.

And why the hell should I piss off? Are you the only one who may tell your oppion here? No sir your NOT. People cant agree with each other on anything. And I clearly do NOT support Shadow because:

1: He's a rip off character.
2: I do not support any Sonic character just because I dont like Sonic.
3: Only one character form the Sonic franchise should be in Brawl.
4: He's wannabe.
5: He would take up a 3d party slot. I'd rather have another first or second party character then any 3d party one.

And I think I have more reasons to not support Shadow then you have reasons TO support him. :ohwell:

Have a nice day.

Enfilade

Smash Cadet
Jesus christ, proof that only morons enjoy bad videogames (that ****fest SA2 and his own self-titled game) is right here in this thread. Ever notice how everyone saying Shadow shouldn't have a shot at being in Brawl are making rational, coherent posts, while the Shadow supporters are spewing garbage about "SHADOW IS TEH STRONGEST HE IS DARK AND COOLA ND SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG WAS TEH GREAT GAMEST EVER IN 3D AND HE HAS THE POWER TO GO SUPERRR SAIGHIYNGAHAJAN LIKE DBZ AND THAT IS MY FAVORITE SHOW ON TV HALLO IM 12 YEARS OLD!!1" Even my 10 year old brother agrees that the new sonic games blow. Then again, he likes Smash and Morrowind so he's a smart kid ;)

Sonic is a classic character in video gaming, and thus has a decent chance of being included if we assume that more 3rd party characters will be added.

Shadow is a minor character in Sonic's series, and stars in a couple of the series WORST games (I'm not the only one who thinks so - )http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/shadowthehedgehog?q=shadow. For him to make it in, not only would Sonic have to make it in (still unknown at this point), but other more famous and well-respected characters from the series would have to make it in first, such as Tails, Dr. Robotnik, or Knuckles.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Shadow was unoriginal in the Sonic series. Shadow would be unoriginal in Brawl, too. If Shadow gets in, Sonic gets in, too, and what the hell is Shadow going to do different? They have the exact same structure, and it's on that is really rather limited. Good luck coming up with enough things Shadow can do that Sonic can't to make a real move set.

Shadow is pretty widely disliked. Some people play the games, true enough. Some people support Pap Buchannon. Nintendo probably knows that the Shadow games are widely regaurded as failures, and that less people would want him in than people who would want, well, good characters.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Well, here's how it is. Once you remove both sides of the argument here, both the fans and haters of Shadow, and strip this right down to the brass tacks, the fact of the matter is that Shadow cannot be in Brawl. There will only be 2-3 more 3rd party characters at most. That being said, there's barely enough room in that 2(ish) out of 40(ish) window for Sonic to squeeze in, much less a minor, widely unpopular character like Shadow. With space being ever-so-limited, Sonic is the only Sonic character that will make it. So, whether you hate Shadow or you love him, you have to admit that there just isn't enough room for him.

ninja232

Smash Apprentice
answer

Shadow was unoriginal in the Sonic series. Shadow would be unoriginal in Brawl, too. If Shadow gets in, Sonic gets in, too, and what the hell is Shadow going to do different? They have the exact same structure, and it's on that is really rather limited. Good luck coming up with enough things Shadow can do that Sonic can't to make a real move set.

Shadow is pretty widely disliked. Some people play the games, true enough. Some people support Pap Buchannon. Nintendo probably knows that the Shadow games are widely regaurded as failures, and that less people would want him in than people who would want, well, good characters.
have you played shadow the hedgehog?

ninja232

Smash Apprentice
The only diference from shadow and sonic when it comes to attacks and stuff, is that shadow uses guns (and we know how Sakurai feel about them) and rollerskates, pretty much it, true Megaman has a charge attack and a dash, but Megaman would be able to move will moving and release it when he want to, he could have the entire match charging and when he lets it go it would be one powerful attack, also he could use weapon s from many of his games like leafshield, rock ball, homing missile, rolling butter and others, also he can use rush fr attacks, better than shadow that would be a very similair clone to sonic.
shadow has chaos blast chaos control and hyper active shadow plus they could give shadow different a attacks from sonic if shadow's in and i'd rather have sonic/shadow and maxi(soul caliber2) or even blue as long as she's tougher/different from blues clues
Edit: for blue i'm quorter serious

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
...uh, you want Maxi pad from Soul Calibur? Elvis? That Maxi?

Wow.

Anyway, as I say all the time, of COURSE Shadow can have a completely different moveset from Sonic. But he absolutely will not be appearing in this game. As HiddenTiger already explained, there simply isn't room for him. If they're only including 2-3 third party characters total, it means they're going to be choosing special characters. Characters that have impacted video gaming as a whole and that most if not all gamers will immediately recognize and characters that they know and love.

Shadow does not have that kind of clout. He is entirely too new and he should have stayed dead in SA2 anyway. Solid Snake is a character like the one I'm describing. Others include Pac-man, Sonic, and Megaman. Not Shadow.

Normally, people tell you to "never say never," well, I'm saying never. Shadow will NEVER appear in Brawl. It is absolutely not going to happen, I promise you.

He won't appear as a unique character anyway. Sonic could have a costume to look similar to Shadow, but that's about it.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
...uh, you want Maxi pad from Soul Calibur? Elvis? That Maxi?

Wow.

Anyway, as I say all the time, of COURSE Shadow can have a completely different moveset from Sonic. But he absolutely will not be appearing in this game. As HiddenTiger already explained, there simply isn't room for him. If they're only including 2-3 third party characters total, it means they're going to be choosing special characters. Characters that have impacted video gaming as a whole and that most if not all gamers will immediately recognize and characters that they know and love.

Shadow does not have that kind of clout. He is entirely too new and he should have stayed dead in SA2 anyway. Solid Snake is a character like the one I'm describing. Others include Pac-man, Sonic, and Megaman. Not Shadow.

Normally, people tell you to "never say never," well, I'm saying never. Shadow will NEVER appear in Brawl. It is absolutely not going to happen, I promise you.

He won't appear as a unique character anyway. Sonic could have a costume to look similar to Shadow, but that's about it.
This about sums it up but I can swear there is a topic on Shadow already. I am willing to pay $1 if I am wrong. Besides, Geno has priority over Shadow and I am sure several people will back me up on that one.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
My life would still be complete if I played Brawl with Shadow not there. Just stick with the alternate Sonic costume and be happy, Shadow fans. Yup, all 9 of you.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Sonic himself is useless since he can't macth Shadow in every Chaos Ability without an emerald. Shadow's Ten times cooler, better, faster, stronger and tougher than Sonic will ever in his life(even though Sonic has better games than him) he's the Ultimate Lifeform for christ's sake. He's taken the Sonic World by Storm in SA2 he'll do it again in brawl. And you can't stop it no matter how much you dislike him. He's cooler than Knuckles and Smarter than Tails. He's everything The Triple Threats not. Shadow for brawl would become my Dream Come True. No one, not even Tails and Knuckles deserves a place for Brawl more than Shadow does. He's earned it for being with the franchise for 5 years, having is own game, and becoming the second most popualar character next to Sonic. He's a Clone but a Badass Cone that Sonic can't take down without help from his friends(see Sonic X and Battle). And Quite Frankly Sonic kinda stale and generic for one of the greatest game Characters in existance.
Oh? Really? So, Shadow is a technological genius equal to, if not greater than, Robotnik? I never saw that in Shadow's biography. What are your next arguments? Is he stronger than Knuckles? Is he faster than Sonic too?

*gets temper under control*

The only two things worse than your points are your grammar and your spelling. How old are you? Five? Seven? Ten?

In other words (meaning terms you can understand):
"u g0+ 0\/\/n3|)!!!!!!11!!!!!!one!1!!!1!11111"

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
As I have stated in most of these God awful threads, Shadow is the most tow dimensional character to have ever appeared as a main character in a Sonic game. The games phail, entirely. Big the Cat has more depth than Shadow. Shadow is what Venom is to Spider-Man, he looks almost exactly the same, yet is angrier, has less moral fiber, and is much much stronger. He is a carbon copy of the main protagonist, the worst move a company can make when creating a new villain.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
No Shadow under any circumstances! He's not original, he's not interesting, his game sucked, and those little roller skate things he uses are very annoying.

8-bit hacker

Smash Cadet
No Shadow under any circumstances! He's not original, he's not interesting, his game sucked, and those little roller skate things he uses are very annoying.
I liked his shoes. D:

Gah, Shadow was cool for one game, SA2. But from that... all of his "reincarnations" are just kinda lame. Mecha-Sonic would be intresting, seeing how he is a robot with friken lasers and missles.

I think Knux has a priority over Shadow.

Top Bottom