• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow the Hedgehog

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
LOFL at that comic. Sonic is way too badass to have that emo cramp his style in smash. But I think if Shadow was somehow miraculously in the game they would return him to his former bad-attitude glory.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
No, the pic is definitely funny. (I didn't even notice the razor blade at first.) But the comic is freaking roflmbo hilarious, you're right. Ryuuseiken, Sakurai originally stated that they were only going to include one or two more third party chars, and while they could add more, would an oft-maligned char like Shadow take one of those precious few spots, especially when the word "clone" automatically comes to mind, and there are so many other chars to choose from? I agree with you on Knuckles (whom I don't see making it either) being a better choice.

Anyway, the real reason I was in here was because I just read in this month's EGM that Miyamoto said that "Sega's hedgehog would be the perfect addition to Brawl's cast". I can't find anything about it on 1up.com to link to, though. I couldn't find any threads dedicated to Sonic, so I just posted in here. I hadn't seen that anywhere else, so I hope it wasn't posted like ages ago...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
No, the pic is definitely funny. (I didn't even notice the razor blade at first.) But the comic is freaking roflmbo hilarious, you're right. Ryuuseiken, Sakurai originally stated that they were only going to include one or two more third party chars, and while they could add more, would an oft-maligned char like Shadow take one of those precious few spots, especially when the word "clone" automatically comes to mind, and there are so many other chars to choose from? I agree with you on Knuckles (whom I don't see making it either) being a better choice.

Anyway, the real reason I was in here was because I just read in this month's EGM that Miyamoto said that "Sega's hedgehog would be the perfect addition to Brawl's cast". I can't find anything about it on 1up.com to link to, though. I couldn't find any threads dedicated to Sonic, so I just posted in here. I hadn't seen that anywhere else, so I hope it wasn't posted like ages ago...
I wouldn't be so quike to trust 1up.com. The only way I would believe it is straight from the Smash Dojo site or Nintendo.com. IGN is pretty reliable as well.

holymarth007

Smash Journeyman
I don't know man, the random rumors all over the web seem so realiable; I mean, who CAN'T believe a 9 year old that says Sponge bob will make it in for sure? obviously he knows what he's talking about xDDDDDDD

Peeze

Smash Master
I just wonder if there's anyone who thinks Shadow is cool who's NOT an idiot. I'm starting to think there's not...
I do, and if you disagree just neg rep me like you did be4 for god-knows-what. sorry for not conforming to your views Stalin.

McFox, don't kid yourself. Every Shadow fan (at least the ones that have posted on here) have always been immature and horrendously belligerent. You disagree with them and they flame, and goes on and on and on.
Okay I can't really disagree much with this.

Words cannot describe how much joy this thread has brought me. I was just sitting at my computer lmao reading that guy's posts. So now some of my responses are going to like this: Sonic>Shadow any day.
Me too. i was gone for 3 days and when i come back this guy has me rolling. See you in a week marioware.

Shadow would be sweet way better then Sonic!
I agree with you despite your horrible grammer.

Peeze you said Diddy would be a clone at least he is 100% different from everyone esle in SSBM and the newcomers in SSBB there is no way Shadow wouldn't be a clone they have banned real gus remember there goes his unique moveset.
I now retract that statement.

LOFL at that comic. Sonic is way too badass to have that emo cramp his style in smash. But I think if Shadow was somehow miraculously in the game they would return him to his former bad-attitude glory.
That comic was funny yeah, but ur right shadow is way to tough to not be good in brawl.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I do, and if you disagree just neg rep me like you did be4 for god-knows-what. sorry for not conforming to your views Stalin.
I've never neg-repped anyone in my life, genius.

*EDIT* Just looked it up, and that was zuloon. You should've known it wasn't me, considering I capitalize sentences and use grammar consistent with the set of rules that have been agreed upon for the English language.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I don't know man, the random rumors all over the web seem so realiable; I mean, who CAN'T believe a 9 year old that says Sponge bob will make it in for sure? obviously he knows what he's talking about xDDDDDDD
The sad thing is, I actually knew someone who literally believed Spongebob would make it in for sure. Even sadder, he was in college. I don't talk to that guy anymore...

And Peeze:
but ur right shadow is way to tough to not be good in brawl.
Your logic there is severely flawed. How good a character is in their own game is no indication of how they will play in Brawl. I offer Mewtwo as the best example. Practically the best Pokemon you can get in Red/Blue, and the hardest fight in the game (without a master ball). Surely, Mewtwo was too tough to not be good in Melee, right? I rest my case. There is no way to tell how good or bad a character will play in Smash until the game is out, much less a character that will never, ever, ever be in Smash. Like Shadow.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?

*EDIT* Just looked it up, and that was zuloon. You should've known it wasn't me, considering I capitalize sentences and use grammar consistent with the set of rules that have been agreed upon for the English language.
That and the fact that McFox is an administrator means you would have lost a large chunk of your rep Peeze. I would say that you would be in the red right now if he did. As for the matter at hand, only Sonic should be in Brawl. Why would anyone want Shadow in anyway?

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
That and the fact that McFox is an administrator means you would have lost a large chunk of your rep Peeze. I would say that you would be in the red right now if he did. As for the matter at hand, only Sonic should be in Brawl. Why would anyone want Shadow in anyway?
Either you're being sarcastic for taunting purposes, or you didn't bother to look at anything else in this thread before posting. I really can't figure out which one it is. And at first I said I read that about Miyamoto's comment in EGM, I was just looking for a thread on their site so I could link to it. But like you said, without proof it's pointless.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Either you're being sarcastic for taunting purposes, or you didn't bother to look at anything else in this thread before posting. I really can't figure out which one it is. And at first I said I read that about Miyamoto's comment in EGM, I was just looking for a thread on their site so I could link to it. But like you said, without proof it's pointless.
Wait, I don't understand what you are trying to say here. But I DO support Sonic and I DON'T support Shadow. As for reading the posts in this thread, why bother giving reasons when everyone here against Shadow have already done so, and quite well I might add. If you need reasons though just give the word.

Peeze

Smash Master

Wow my foot taste pretty good in my mouth right now.:urg:

And Peeze:
Your logic there is severely flawed. How good a character is in their own game is no indication of how they will play in Brawl. I offer Mewtwo as the best example. Practically the best Pokemon you can get in Red/Blue, and the hardest fight in the game (without a master ball). Surely, Mewtwo was too tough to not be good in Melee, right? I rest my case. There is no way to tell how good or bad a character will play in Smash until the game is out, much less a character that will never, ever, ever be in Smash. Like Shadow.
Point taken, but played well mew2 is actually a good character, but i see what you mean.

Wow didn't know that, thanx for the heads up i guess i shouldn't piss off admins anymore by calling them communists. Why would anybody want shadow? for the same reason people want Dark Samus.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Why would anybody want shadow? for the same reason people want Dark Samus.
Okay, now please explain that one. I hope you don't mean as a Samus clone. For time and ease of programming purposes Shadow could be a Sonic clone, obviously, but Damus' abilities hardly had any similarity to Samus abilities in MP2. It's possible that could change a bit in MP3, but chars like that usually become more different as a series progresses, not more similar.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
wow peeze is gettin ripped, but shadows skates might be cool to waveland with, and make him really fast that might be pretty awesome.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Well Dark Samus is one of the few non-generic feasable metroid characters, everyone in the sonic series has a body fit for Brawl
Ridley and Kraid would be a little harder because of their char designs, but as much as I dislike to admit it, especially regarding Ridley, they could work, as well as any of the other hunters. I would really like to see some of the MP3 hunters over the MP:H ones, because they just look so much better. The MP:H hunters all looked too similar to a greater or lesser extent, like cars all made by the same company, and some of them just looked boring.

Peeze

Smash Master
Okay, now please explain that one. I hope you don't mean as a Samus clone. For time and ease of programming purposes Shadow could be a Sonic clone, obviously, but Damus' abilities hardly had any similarity to Samus abilities in MP2. It's possible that could change a bit in MP3, but chars like that usually become more different as a series progresses, not more similar.
Yeah, Zombie Cola said Shadow is like Dark Samus. So I was arguing that if thats true, then, just as how people want Damus they should want Shadow. But you're right Damus would have a different moveset than samus, AS WOULD SHADOW. He is more powerful than Sonic uses skates and weapons(yeah no real world guns, even though fox has a gun:psycho:) So the people who say shadow would be a clone hasn't played StH.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Yeah, Zombie Cola said Shadow is like Dark Samus. So I was arguing that if thats true, then, just as how people want Damus they should want Shadow. But you're right Damus would have a different moveset than samus, AS WOULD SHADOW. He is more powerful than Sonic uses skates and weapons(yeah no real world guns, even though fox has a gun:psycho:) So the people who say shadow would be a clone hasn't played StH.

Lets look this over.....

Dark Samus: Copied parts of Samus' DNA, used phazon to make new bioarmour. Has entirely different moveset, moved the Metroid series along.

Shadow: Looks THE SAME AS SONIC. Has horrible dialouge, cheesy story, cloned moves............wears skates....... was brought back to life as a marketing ploy to make more money off fan boys that can't admit when something is crap.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Hey YOUR the one who put up the pictures and made the comparison not me. I was just disproving that theory.
No, I was listing the characters that followed the same path as Shadow. Difference is Dark Samus actually has potential.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Your argument fails to convince me. I want Damus just because she/it (?) is so stinking cool, and would have an original moveset. If Shadow is included, I can almost garuntee he'll be a clone, because Sonic takes precedence over his other franchise chars, and putting in Shadow with an original moveset would be a waste of time over a char like Knuckles, who is different from Sonic in design and abilities more than Shadow.

Peeze

Smash Master
So Dark Samus(has the same name as samus btw) wouldn't be a clone, but Shadow would, how? Shadow would beat sonics @$$, he's a built fighter.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
So Dark Samus(has the same name as samus btw) wouldn't be a clone, but Shadow would, how? Shadow would beat sonics @$$, he's a built fighter.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=75400&page=9

Read it and move on.

Dude, Ganon could take Link in sheer strength but he never wins. Sonic is cooler, he's the hero, he will always win because he can't lose. He will outsmart him, or run faster, or sheer luck will save him. It doesn't matter, have you not noticed that almost EVERY enemy in the history of media is stronger than the protagonists? It doesn't matter, and btw, Knuckles is stronger than Shadow.

Peeze

Smash Master
diddo for everything you just said about Dark Samus and people still want her in.
P.S. and how is knuckles stronger than Shadow?!?!?!?!?!

100links

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=75400&page=9

Read it and move on.

Dude, Ganon could take Link in sheer strength but he never wins. Sonic is cooler, he's the hero, he will always win because he can't lose. He will outsmart him, or run faster, or sheer luck will save him. It doesn't matter, have you not noticed that almost EVERY enemy in the history of media is stronger than the protagonists? It doesn't matter, and btw, Knuckles is stronger than Shadow.
heros HAVE to win they ARE the heros :urg: but knuckles is cool he can spin like sonic (in the old versions that is):chuckle:

Peeze

Smash Master
"one of the strongest, if not the strongest" it's not confirmed that he is and besides only Shadow and Sonic can use the Chaos emeralds for Choas Control. Can Knuckles do that?
Can knuckles completely control the C.E.'s?

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
"one of the strongest, if not the strongest" it's not confirmed that he is and besides only Shadow and Sonic can use the Chaos emeralds for Choas Control. Can Knuckles do that?
Can knuckles completely control the C.E.'s?
I'm talking brute physical strength. None of this gay chaos control crap. I hate how they modernized Sonic by giving him super powers. it's so ********, and part of what took the "Sonic" out of that game.

Peeze

Smash Master
Shadow doesn't rely on brute strength like Knuckles does so yeah you're right about that. But if you consider that: "Shadow's own game implies that proficient use of Chaos control is actually a bloodline trait, which explains both why Shadow can use Chaos Control without an emerald, and why Sonic has so much difficulty using the technique."( God bless wikipedia) and that: "In the last story though, all of the Emeralds are taken from Shadow, and Shadow is forced to use Chaos Control without Emeralds as a plot element.
So even without the Chaos emeralds shadow would be stronger.

100links

Smash Ace
Shadow doesn't rely on brute strength like Knuckles does so yeah you're right about that. But if you consider that: "Shadow's own game implies that proficient use of Chaos control is actually a bloodline trait, which explains both why Shadow can use Chaos Control without an emerald, and why Sonic has so much difficulty using the technique."( God bless wikipedia) and that: "In the last story though, all of the Emeralds are taken from Shadow, and Shadow is forced to use Chaos Control without Emeralds as a plot element.
it still dosent matter...shadow still sucks :p

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Knuckles is cooler than Shadow. Knuckles has been in more games, and contributed more to the series. Shadow is...once again.....a marketing ploy.

Peeze

Smash Master
So you're argument failed so you start interjecting opinions? Knuckles to you is cooler, i think Shadow is, but it doesn't matter what we think cause our ideas most likely won't be in brawl. Sure sonic and knuckles would be in be4 Shadow but Shadow is way stronger than either one.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
So you're argument failed so you start interjecting opinions? Knuckles to you is cooler, i think Shadow is, but it doesn't matter what we think cause our ideas most likely won't be in brawl. Sure sonic and knuckles would be in be4 Shadow but Shadow is way stronger than either one.
No you smacktard. My argument didn't fail. Brute physical strength, you admitted it yourself. No gay chaos crap, just pure muscular build, of which Knuckles is the only one to have at a super-human(echidna?...) level.

Peeze

Smash Master
Okay so hes got more brute force, but if shadow was in brawl, he would have to be programmed with chaos control, it's a part of his character with or without the C.E.'s. Meaning he doesn't rely on his fists(it would be like making Link w/out any weapons), That's why shadow uses weapons and C.E.'s That "gay chaos crap is a part of his character(again making him different from sonic)

Top Bottom