• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow the Hedgehog

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I hate Silver and the game isn't even out yet.

I played the demo. It's a step in the right direction but I don't like the homing attack lag, you have to get points to go fast, and you can use your slide attack for about 12 seconds. You could kill every enemy on screen with that thing. OH! And the camera sucked. Even worse than Heroes.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
I hate Silver and the game isn't even out yet.

I played the demo. It's a step in the right direction but I don't like the homing attack lag, you have to get points to go fast, and you can use your slide attack for about 12 seconds. You could kill every enemy on screen with that thing. OH! And the camera sucked. Even worse than Heroes.
I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, I need to dwl it soon though.

Chewbacca35

Smash Cadet
I am a Sega fanboy at heart. I never had a SNES, but I had a Sega Genesis. I still think that Genesis and Dreamcast are the two best systems ever. I am also a Sonic fanboy, and I do NOT like Shadow. Sega just made him because every game now has an evil version of a character: Dark Jak, Prince of Persia's Dark Form, the list goes on. I think it should be Sonic, and no one else from Sega in SSBB.

And Shadow the Hedgehog was the WORST... GAME... EVER........

URGE TO KILL... RISING....

Blazer

Smash Ace
StH was alright. It just wasn't straightforward like most of the Sonic games, which is good because it isn't a sonic game, it's a Shadow game. It's an attempt to make a new series out of a major/side character. The reason it isn't like is that it is looked upon as a Sonic the Hedgehog game not a Shadow the Hedgehog. That and it wasn't that good... Lol.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Shadow was NOT the worst game ever.

DAIKATANA!!!!

Also Shadow wasn't created to be an evil Sonic. He was created for fun by Yuji Uekawa and Yuji Naka liked the idea because it could bring a more "serious" edge to the story. Except to balance out how powerful he was they made him unstable mentally.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
He won't be in BRAWL.

Think years ago if someone said, "Sonic is coming out on the Super Nintendo." You probably would smack them. Back when SSB64 came out you would have laughed when someone said Solid Snake should be in. Never say never. He WON'T be in this time. It's practically guaranteed.

Calm down. For now I'm on your side. Don't attack your allies.
Let's see which sega characters have priority over Shadow, assuming in each smash that each company will only get 1 character (or 1 new character)
Tails
Knuckles
Dr Robotnick
every other STAR of a sega series.

It's safe to assume that Shadow will NEVER be in SSB.

how the hell wouldn't Shadow be a clone his entire uniqueness is based around guns which are banned.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Xien's right, and it's something I never considered before. If each new Smash title only allows one new 3rd party character from each company, then (assuming Sonic is Sega's in this one) the next game would most likely be Knuckles or Tails. Then after that (and I don't personally believe there will be any more smash titles after Brawl but that's just me) Eggman would have priority, and now we are 3 smash titles, and 3 new consoles away. Shadow will never be in, it's not even an opinion anymore guys, it's fact.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Xien's right, and it's something I never considered before. If each new Smash title only allows one new 3rd party character from each company, then (assuming Sonic is Sega's in this one) the next game would most likely be Knuckles or Tails. Then after that (and I don't personally believe there will be any more smash titles after Brawl but that's just me) Eggman would have priority, and now we are 3 smash titles, and 3 new consoles away. Shadow will never be in, it's not even an opinion anymore guys, it's fact.
I agree big time. But let's take this even farther.

If every new Sonic title comes out with another new "tortured" hedgehog, then the hedgehog who premired in the game before will become old news.

Example:

Silver is released. He becomes the new "cool" character while Shadow is forgotten.

Random X hedgehog premires on a new game, and so Silver is forgotten. Shadow falls even further on the totem pole.

Another copy hedgehog appears on a new console, Random X hedgehog falls as does Silver and Shadow.

And this process will continue to repeat itself as long as it stays profitable.

Eventually, when you get to that last Smash Bros. game, the one with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman already on it, why, Shadow won't even be in line anymore!

EBIL BUBS

Smash Rookie
heres wat i think sonic no shadow. shadows overated. megaman would be awsome. and he had a saber in megaman X6

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Just to clear one thing up dude: The original Mega Man and Mega Man X are NOT the same character... And if we're getting one of them, the original has a higher priority (even though I prefer X myself...)

At any rate, back on topic: Shadow FTL! :chuckle: He's been proven to be an impossibilty anyway...

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Just to clear one thing up dude: The original Mega Man and Mega Man X are NOT the same character... And if we're getting one of them, the original has a higher priority (even though I prefer X myself...)
X FTW!!!

BTW storywise what happened to Mega Man? Was X built to replace him or is is an alternate reality or what?

Peeze

Smash Master
how the hell wouldn't Shadow be a clone his entire uniqueness is based around guns which are banned.
Did you play his game? He's nothing like Sonic(besides the super speed thing). Oh and "guns are banned"? So whats Fox's and Falco's neutral B? And don't give me that"it not a real gun it's a phaser" BS a gun is a gun. Shadow's guns aren't glocks or ozzies they can be in the game if Fox's is.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Did you play his game? He's nothing like Sonic(besides the super speed thing). Oh and "guns are banned"? So whats Fox's and Falco's neutral B? And don't give me that"it not a real gun it's a phaser" BS a gun is a gun. Shadow's guns aren't glocks or ozzies they can be in the game if Fox's is.

I think it's safe to say you've lost.

Also Sakurai said NO GUNS!!

Another also what type of gun is an ozzie?

LOOK OUT SHADOW'S GUN IS.. MUMBLING WITH A BAD ACCENT!!!

Peeze

Smash Master
I'll never give up!!!!!
Like Fidel Castro I'll stick around for 50 or 60 years and be a pain in the @$$ dominating all in my path, and making them do what i want.
P.S. Terios why are you dissin Shadow and he's in ur sig?
"Another also what type of gun is an ozzie"-Who taught you grammer Arnold Schwarzenagger?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah **** him to hell, cuz that was pretty **** funny as hell. [/lame]
Im not making fun of you here Peeze by the way. ;)

You know what? Perhaps I'll support Shadow for being a Sonic custume.

Peeze

Smash Master
GD it DDK. For the forty-eleventeenth time Shadow is not sonic. He's the same species that's it. He's way more powerful, yes slower, uses guns(*Zombie in whiny voice* "But Mr.Sakurai said no guns and we have to listen to him or else who'll make SSB :(?") He doesn't even fight on the same side as sonic does most of the time. 'Member how you were telling me about all that crap about how diddy's different even though they're both sapiens? well SONIC AND SHADOW EVEN THOUGH BOTH HEDGEHOGS ARE DIFFERENT

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The difference is that Diddy is a real character and is actually pretty likely to be in Smash, while Shadow sucks and will never be in.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Wow, so much hatred! XD! LOL!

I happen to like Shadow...alot. (Well...at least in SA2. The Shadow that has been around since is possibly a fake....I disown him...XP)

BUT............

I do not think he should be an actual character in SSBB. Maybe as a Sonic skin but that is as far as I will go.

With a limited number of Third party characters I think Sonic is enough from Sega.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I'll never give up!!!!!
Like Fidel Castro I'll stick around for 50 or 60 years and be a pain in the @$$ dominating all in my path, and making them do what i want.
P.S. Terios why are you dissin Shadow and he's in ur sig?
"Another also what type of gun is an ozzie"-Who taught you grammer Arnold Schwarzenagger?
I am not dissing Shadow. He is my favorite video game character. I am saying he will not be in Brawl. I like....... Mitch Hedberg but he won't be in Brawl either.
I said another also as in Also again but I didn't want to be repetitive. Like your argument.

GD it DDK. For the forty-eleventeenth time Shadow is not sonic. He's the same species that's it. He's way more powerful, yes slower, uses guns(*Zombie in whiny voice* "But Mr.Sakurai said no guns and we have to listen to him or else who'll make SSB :(?") He doesn't even fight on the same side as sonic does most of the time. 'Member how you were telling me about all that crap about how diddy's different even though they're both sapiens? well SONIC AND SHADOW EVEN THOUGH BOTH HEDGEHOGS ARE DIFFERENT
Sega themselves have said that Shadow is THE SAME SPEED AS SONIC when not wearing the shoes. They are different entirely. They don't even look the same. They are about as similar as Amy and Sonic. Except with matching speed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Come on I didn't said anything offending!
Yeah Shadow and Sonic are diffrrent. Still, Shadow is in my oppinion a rip-off character.
Shadow's chances are very low for Brawl, because he doesn't has this connection to Nintendo as Sonic does.

Shadow is however, cool looking for a hedgehog and I'd like to see him as a costume of Sonic.
But that's really all... But come on, do you truly believe Shadow could make it?

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Thanks for the personal attack there. I try to be nice and you lash out. Well, fine. The admins said it, most everyone on this board said it. This thread is 24 pages of why Shadow is one of the biggest travesties in gaming history. He will never be in Brawl, he will never make a comeback. Thanks for opening up a big can of immaturity.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman

At any rate, back on topic: Shadow FTL! :chuckle: He's been proven to be an impossibilty anyway...
Awe....Borne-borne has anger. Wash it all down with some Kero-cola....or something.

XD! Mega Man hands down FTW!

But back on topic....Shadow doesn't have an chance of getting into SSBB himself. Sonic Costume, maybe. :ohwell:

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
That pic of him with the gun is actually pretty badass and that comic is freakin' lol x 10. Anyway, Shadow would be a Sonic clone; just b/c they made a story about him being older or whatever doesn't change the fact that he was modeled after Sonic b/c they felt the Eggman plot was getting old. Therefore, if he was modeled after Sonic and has almost the same powers as Sonic (w/o guns) he would be a clone.

P.S. Whatever happened to the old Sonic games where all you had to do was save a bunch of animals?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Ok let's see Shadow looks just like Sonic, his body structure is exactly the same, they are the exact same height and weight. They're movesets (exculding shadow's guns) are exactly the same and their stats are only slightly different. Shadow = Fail.

Peeze

Smash Master
Thanks for the personal attack there. I try to be nice and you lash out. Well, fine. The admins said it, most everyone on this board said it. This thread is 24 pages of why Shadow is one of the biggest travesties in gaming history. He will never be in Brawl, he will never make a comeback. Thanks for opening up a big can of immaturity.
Jesus Christ calm down it was a joke. That can is real hard to reseal after its opened though.
Speaking of cans, did you know that the can was invented 50 years before the can opener was? Just a interesting piece of info to throw out there.
Oh and "he'll never make a comeback"? He did it once, he can do it again.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ok let's see Shadow looks just like Sonic, his body structure is exactly the same, they are the exact same height and weight. They're movesets (exculding shadow's guns) are exactly the same and their stats are only slightly different. Shadow = Fail.
Shadow doesn't look just like Sonic, he only looks somewhat because he's also a Hedgehog. That's a duh right there.

Same height and weight? Hardly. One's a machine, and the other is a humanoid being(so to speak on humanoid). The Machine(Shadow) wears a different ammount.

Their movesets are different for more reasons than just guns. Ever play Sonic Battle? Not one move is the same between them. At the most, their gloves are the same color.

Statistics are quite different in their case. Shadow has less physical attack to an extent, but has a much more powerful defense(as seen in Shadow The Hedgehog), and moves the same speed without his rocket shoes. Shadow does go faster overall, but Sonic gets accelarated much more quickly.

Care to give more than two facts about Shadow? It's help. He's a hedgehog and they have the same normal speed, that's about it.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
I really am not going to go through all these posts and read them all so if you want to point out anything then by all means go ahead but I still have my opinions. As I assume most have already done so I am pretty sure the chances of Shadow appearing in SSBB is extremely thin on the margin and since Sakurai is only giving the chance for TWO extra thrid party characters it would have to be the most important and biggest supporting character of a third party franchise that has appeared on a Nintendo system at all and Shadow is not prominant enough for such a position. Hell, even Tails has barely a chance to make it in since Sonic is the man of the series and with Sonic (top dog), Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Amy Rose and hell even Cream and Cheese are more leading characters than Shadow simply because they play the biggest roles.

Also I just simply don't want Shadow in Brawl because he is highly overrated and I have a huge dislike for him after Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic n00bs who have crap fanfics and unhealthy obsessions for another, generic hedgehog character. No matter how unique his abilities are or how "badass" or even if he casts the most votes he is he simply won't make it because he is simply a minor character and a very minor one at that. I want Amy Rose out of the entire roster of the Sonic universe the most but it just won't happen so tough luck for me as well.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I really am not going to go through all these posts and read them all so if you want to point out anything then by all means go ahead but I still have my opinions. As I assume most have already done so I am pretty sure the chances of Shadow appearing in SSBB is extremely thin on the margin and since Sakurai is only giving the chance for TWO extra thrid party characters it would have to be the most important and biggest supporting character of a third party franchise that has appeared on a Nintendo system at all and Shadow is not prominant enough for such a position. Hell, even Tails has barely a chance to make it in since Sonic is the man of the series and with Sonic (top dog), Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Amy Rose and hell even Cream and Cheese are more leading characters than Shadow simply because they play the biggest roles.

Also I just simply don't want Shadow in Brawl because he is highly overrated and I have a huge dislike for him after Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic n00bs who have crap fanfics and unhealthy obsessions for another, generic hedgehog character. No matter how unique his abilities are or how "badass" or even if he casts the most votes he is he simply won't make it because he is simply a minor character and a very minor one at that. I want Amy Rose out of the entire roster of the Sonic universe the most but it just won't happen so tough luck for me as well.
I wish my 6th post was this intelligent so +rep for you.

Top Bottom