• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow the Hedgehog

Peeze

Smash Master
Shadow doesn't look just like Sonic, he only looks somewhat because he's also a Hedgehog. That's a duh right there.

Same height and weight? Hardly. One's a machine, and the other is a humanoid being(so to speak on humanoid). The Machine(Shadow) wears a different ammount.

Their movesets are different for more reasons than just guns. Ever play Sonic Battle? Not one move is the same between them. At the most, their gloves are the same color.

Statistics are quite different in their case. Shadow has less physical attack to an extent, but has a much more powerful defense(as seen in Shadow The Hedgehog), and moves the same speed without his rocket shoes. Shadow does go faster overall, but Sonic gets accelarated much more quickly.

Care to give more than two facts about Shadow? It's help. He's a hedgehog and they have the same normal speed, that's about it.
Finally, an intelligent member of smash boards who knows what their talking about. I thought i was alone in this battle to prove Shadow's independence from sonic. +reps all around. Okay not really, just for you.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Fact!

I wish my 6th post was this intelligent so +rep for you.
It's not intellect, though I am full of that, it's the truth. I have to admit most Shadow fans I meet are highly ignorant (Cinos/Ka Chronaius, anyone) and most of those n00bs in SZF (Sonic Zone Forum) are people who like the crappy game Sonic Team created called Shadow the Hedgehog. Gosh, I have a hatred for him eversince I have been surrounded by n00by Shadow fans who are so disagreeing and flamish. Anyways, case closed. The majority don't want Shadow anyways and even if it was the other way around we're not going to have him anyways.

PS: BTW, Peeze, I thought hedgehogs were naturally somewhat sluggish animals? Why is it that hardcore Sonic fanboys think all hedgehogs are supersonic?

Peeze

Smash Master
Geez, guy your really cheery and optimistic.
Just crush a guy's hopes and dreams, vomit on it, and then flush it.
Mama told me not to cry....

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Whatever, I am entitled to my own opinion so I better not here that "it's your opinion" statement because I hate it. My opinion says I hate Shadow and Sakurai's opinion says Shadow is far from qualified.

Peeze

Smash Master
I never said you weren't entitled to your opinions, just you were being brutally honest and so cold. I might have to stop supporting shadow for bra...
No never.
Shadow would still beat Sonics @$$ up and down Hyrule.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
I never said you weren't entitled to your opinions, just you were being brutally honest and so cold. I might have to stop supporting shadow for bra...
No never.
Shadow would still beat Sonics @$$ up and down Hyrule.
Yeah NO. Please just understand that Sonic is the protagonist so he wins everytime, no questions asked. This thread is page after page of 3 supporters and who knows how many anti Shadow supporters, so why do we keep this up? No Shadow would not beat Sonic for the same reason Carnage will never beat Spider-Man.

Peeze

Smash Master
I beg to differ, in theSpiderman game for the PS1, Carnage was actually hard to beat. In video games the protagonist doesn't always win, thats why there are continues, and multiple lives.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but that is a video game. Ever noticed why Stormtroopers had deadly accuracy in Star Wars: Battlefront (and off camera in the movies) yet they can't shoot jack crap against Luke, Leia, Chubacca, and Han Solo. It's because character shields are overrated so protagonist do in fact will usually win (a protagonist doesn't always have to be on the alliance of good. Look at Godzilla for example). Plain and simple. Shadow doesn't qualify. Shadow has more qualification than James Bond for Brawl but still doesn't have it. Plain, simple, easy, and OBVIOUS. You don't see me whine because Amy Rose is not going to be in Brawl and she is my favorite Sonic character by far. BTW, Sonic > emo hedgehog Shadow.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Spider Man is a comic book character. He's part of Marvel so I really don't know what you're talking about. Super Smash Bros is a VIDEO GAME series based on an assortment of Nintendo characters who are also video game characters, not like James Bond or Spider Man, all stuffed into one frenzy and insane party-like fighting game.

Peeze

Smash Master
... and in all video games the protagonist is given more lives and/or stamina. Thats the only reason protagonists always win.

P.S. 800th post!!!!!!!+rep!!!!!!!!!!!me!!!!!!!!!!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
... and in all video games the protagonist is given more lives and/or stamina. Thats the only reason protagonists always win.

P.S. 800th post!!!!!!!+rep!!!!!!!!!!!me!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, the protaganist will always win such is the nature of a video game. Look at Paper Mario for example. How do you beat someone with infinite power?

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
I agree with that. Even Godzilla is a protagonist to be technical and he's pure evil. Shadow is the protagonist of his lousy game so he always win plot wise, too.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Actually...Godzilla is neutral....he doesn't cities with the intent of world domination....they just happen to be in his way from getting from point A to point B. You don't count chopping through vines in the forest for blazing a trail evil now do you? At any rare, Godzilla does protect the Earth from evil monsters....it requires ALOT of collateral damage.....namely entire cities......yeah....

But back on topic....Shadow I do not believe will get into Smash Brothers....(Sniffle)

But you all heard that before.....

Peeze

Smash Master
That Godzilla point actually makes sense, but following your logic wouldn't make him neutral, it would make him the protagonist, for the most part.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
That Godzilla point actually makes sense, but following your logic wouldn't make him neutral, it would make him the protagonist, for the most part.
I guess you're right. I said neutral cause I was thinking of him being more animal like. Kinda like how Crocodile's defend their territory from others that's why he would fight the other monsters. ...............................Great......The Psychology of Godzilla.......I need to stop watching so many movies.....

Peeze

Smash Master
Yeah, but wiat then would that make Shadow a protagonist or antagonist. Cause he fights ingnorantly on Eggmans side in Sonic's game, until the end where he saves the earth. But in his game he just kicks @$$ for his gf. Good Guy or Bad he still should be in.
The depression is settling in:urg:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
PS: BTW, Peeze, I thought hedgehogs were naturally somewhat sluggish animals? Why is it that hardcore Sonic fanboys think all hedgehogs are supersonic?
I think hedgehogs are actually pretty quick compared to their size.

My opinion says I hate Shadow and Sakurai's opinion says Shadow is far from qualified.
Did Sakurai say that? Did he mention if Sonic negotiations were going well?

Yeah NO. Please just understand that Sonic is the protagonist so he wins everytime, no questions asked. This thread is page after page of 3 supporters and who knows how many anti Shadow supporters, so why do we keep this up? No Shadow would not beat Sonic for the same reason Carnage will never beat Spider-Man.
Actually in Sonic Adventure 2 Shadow beat Sonic. Otherwise Biolizard couldn't have been unleashed and the following games would have been impossible storywise. But that was just for the sake of the story.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Did Sakurai say that? Did he mention if Sonic negotiations were going well?
No, Sakurai never actually said anything about Shadow. As far as the Sonic thing goes, the last that I heard was that Sakurai and Miyamoto said that Sonic was the most requested 3rd party character, but Yuji Naka hadn't gotten back to them about it.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Paragrine falcons are faster, though, making air dives up to 300 to 390 mph and they're nowhere near sonic speed (760 mph).
Wait. When did falcons come into this? I don't even think there is any peregrine's in Sonic. There is a hawk....

No, Sakurai never actually said anything about Shadow. As far as the Sonic thing goes, the last that I heard was that Sakurai and Miyamoto said that Sonic was the most requested 3rd party character, but Yuji Naka hadn't gotten back to them about it.
Yuji Naka left to make his own company called Snopes I believe. I think he has the rights to NiGHTS but not Sonic. T_T So that could be a reason he isn't in Brawl already.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
It might not have been Naka. Let me check again... gimee a second.

:EDIT: Can't seem to find confirmation on that. Wikipedia says that they were waiting on Naka, but I can't find any articles to verify. They have said that Sonic is the most requested, though. And again, nothing about Shadow.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Ok wtf? As far as game characters alway winning inside the games because of extra lives and what have you....that rarely has a relation to the game in any way, shape, or form. When was the last time you died in a game and the ending screen was "the bad guy wins, would you like to try again?" it really doesn't happen to much now that we have game saves, and the whole extra man thing has NOTHING to do with the story line. Notice how VERY few games have EVER dealt with what extra lives actually are? They just chalk it up as "one of those rules of gaming" similar to how you can carry 15+ weapons on your person when all you are wearing is a t-shirt and some cargo pants. I dunno about you guys, but last I checked I couldn't fit an RPG and a crossbow with a quiver of 25 arrows in my pockets....maybe I'm just shopping at the wrong stores but still. The extra lives and continue thing has nothing to do with the story, they are a tool to aid the player in continuing the game, can you imagine if you had to start over every single time you died? There would be no profit in the industry, and we would stop buying games. The continues are exactly that, a CONTINUATION from where you las left off, the bare no real story driving power, they're simply motivation to keep you going, because alhtough you maye be able to use the powers the characters have in games, you don't have a 6th sense like they do and you can't always win, we're players, not heroes.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but wiat then would that make Shadow a protagonist or antagonist. Cause he fights ingnorantly on Eggmans side in Sonic's game, until the end where he saves the earth. But in his game he just kicks @$$ for his gf. Good Guy or Bad he still should be in.
The depression is settling in:urg:
Awe...poor Peeze. *pats* I'd like to see Shadow in as well but I just don't think it will happen.

As for Shadow being a protagonist or antagonist I'd say protagonist for the most part.

Sheek

Smash Apprentice
If they added Shadow, they would have to add Sonic, Tails, knuckles, and Amy which is too much for me. Besides, Shadow would be a Sonic clone.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Sometimes dreams come true.(I.E. Dr. Martin Luther King).
If he was in brawl half of you guys would main him.
That must be a dream too because it is FAR from the truth. I'd set him up in practice and beat the **** out of him, but that's about it.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
I would probably use Shadow b/c as I said earlier if he was in the game they would moat likely return him to his former glory. But I still wouldn't main him.

Edit: w00t 500 posts. Would have more if I wasn't banned for no apparent reason.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
If they added Shadow, they would have to add Sonic, Tails, knuckles, and Amy which is too much for me. Besides, Shadow would be a Sonic clone.
How did you manage to come to that conclusion?

(I bolded and underlined the have, Sheek didn't do that)

Peeze

Smash Master
That must be a dream too because it is FAR from the truth. I'd set him up in practice and beat the **** out of him, but that's about it.
No no no. You've got it all wrong, thats what Pichu, jiggz, kirby, and the sandbag is for. Shadow would be doing the beating, like he did to sonic.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Only the difference is that is your opinion, and I'm flat out telling you; I would use him as a punching bag in practice.

Peeze

Smash Master
You have a picture of Ness naked in your sig and your calling a hedgehog, who's looking for his girlfriend, gay?!?!?!?!??!?! Just being realistic. :chuckle:

Peeze

Smash Master
There we go some support for Shadow instead of people just flaming him(and me) all the time. But when you say tone down... you don't mean like how they did to ness, or kirby do you? Cause then he'd just suck

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
*sigh* Between me and McFox, this is going on, what, the 10th time saying this? Jeez...

Shadow cannot and will not appear in Brawl. There are only going to be a very small amount of 3rd party characters, and Snake is already one of them. With that small of a window, there is barely enough room for Sonic, let alone a minor character who is extremely unpopular and would more than likely be a clone.

Top Bottom