• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow the Hedgehog

100links

Smash Ace
No you smacktard. My argument didn't fail. Brute physical strength, you admitted it yourself. No gay chaos crap, just pure muscular build, of which Knuckles is the only one to have at a super-human(echidna?...) level.
no guns no ******** chaos crap nothing...just power...plus on wikipedia it says he (knukles) also learned martial arts :urg: ow....plus in the StH game i unfortunatly played knuckles can knock down freaking pillars and kill the black arms by himself :ohwell:

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Okay so hes got more brute force, but if shadow was in brawl, he would have to be programmed with chaos control, it's a part of his character with or without the C.E.'s. Meaning he doesn't rely on his fists(it would be like making Link w/out any weapons), That's why shadow uses weapons and C.E.'s That "gay chaos crap is a part of his character(again making him different from sonic)
Despite the fact that I absoulutely hate his overall character design. You just proved why we wouldn't want Shadow in brawl. We don't want some omni-powerful, super god in the game, it's just stupid. Everyone in Melee has some level of understood mortality, Shadow, however, does not. He has this stupid story that they keep using to keep him from dying and that gives him the ability to control the spacetime continuum. That's WEAK. He is overpowered and has no place in this game.

Peeze

Smash Master
So he goes from being weaker than Knuckles to being an overpowered super-god too strong for brawl? Wow you must really not like shadow at all. well atleast you realize his power and potential to be... well.... uh.... a brawler

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
So Dark Samus(has the same name as samus btw) wouldn't be a clone, but Shadow would, how? Shadow would beat sonics @$$, he's a built fighter.
I posted that reason just a little further up the page, but here.
Okay, now please explain that one. I hope you don't mean as a Samus clone. For time and ease of programming purposes Shadow could be a Sonic clone, obviously, but Damus' abilities hardly had any similarity to Samus' abilities in MP2. It's possible that could change a bit in MP3, but chars like that usually become more different as a series progresses, not more similar.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
So he goes from being weaker than Knuckles to being an overpowered super-god too strong for brawl? Wow you must really not like shadow at all. well atleast you realize his power and potential to be... well.... uh.... a brawler
Listen Peeze, I am trying to lay this out as easily as I can, but you refuse to read it. I said, based on pure physical strength, no powers, just muscle. Do you understand that? If he had no powers, Knuckles would beat the **** out of him. Because he has no natural talents like Kuckles, and Sonic, and Miles, he will not have these powers removed, as it would leave him weak and frail. He is overpowered in his own series so why would they want him in Brawl? He isn't a "brawler" as you so lovingly put it, he is a stupidly overpowered villain that has no place in a game that pits gaming superstars againts eachother....we clear now?

Peeze

Smash Master
If he had no powers, Knuckles would beat the **** out of him. Because he has no natural talents like Kuckles, and Sonic, and Miles, he will not have these powers removed, as it would leave him weak and frail.
If Zelda had no powers Ganondorf would beat the **** out of her. That's so cheap she has no natural talents, if we took away her magic she'd be weak and frail.(<<<<<<< sarcasm btw).

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
If Zelda had no powers Ganondorf would beat the **** out of her. That's so cheap she has no natural talents, if we took away her magic she'd be weak and frail.(<<<<<<< sarcasm btw).
You just reiterated my point you slack-jawed dimwit.

Peeze

Smash Master
Geez, somebody's on their period.
So following your logic Zelda's too overpowered then and shouldn't be in brawl- at least she shouldn't be in brawl with her powers?

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
You are a moron. You make half ***** allusions and twist my words until they don't make sense. Use some logic when dabting a topic with someone, when you falsify information and mis-quote you look unintelligent. If Zelda could take Ganon in the first place she wouldn't need link now would she? Secondly, no she is not overpowered because they have never brought her back to life just for gits and shiggles, she also can't freeze time whenever she feels like it. She is limited to what she can do, and has weaknesses. This argument is done, you refuse to use any reason when arguing this and it's a waste of my time.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As much as I hate the idea of having Shadow in Brawl. Peeze is making a point here.
Shadow CAN'T fight without his powers, because let's take Pikachu for an example, his power is built within.

Shadow is strong yes, but he's a boss like character in the Sonic-franchise. And bosses can be nerved in Brawl. If Sonic can fight in Brawl, so can Shadow. BUT HE WONT BE THERE!

And I still hate the idea of having him in Brawl! I still think he's a another ripoff dark version of the main character. Shadow IS ripof, and he's a spit in the face to the Sonic franchise. Poor Sonic fans... And this is said by a Donkey Kong fan. :(

Specs

Smash Cadet
First off, you've obviously never felt Zelda's heel kick. On par with a warlock punch, if done right.

Second, this whole discussion has gone off topic. This is supposed to be about Shadow, no? And personally, I believe that Shadown would be best moved to an alternate costume of Sonic, along with perhaps Metal Sonic....in fact, I can see perhaps, different alternate costumes being different characters altogether, to save space perhaps (ex, Marth and Roy would be the same char, with different costumes, and certain moves would be affected by alternate costumes.) This way Nintendo would be able to keep their "no clones" promise, as well...

So in summary, 3 third party characters, right? Snake, along with:

Sonic (w/ Shadow, Metal Sonic, MAYBE Tails/Knuckles/Amy as alts) and

Megaman (w/ X, Zero, Bass, Protoman, .exe as alts)

are what I can see.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
First off, you've obviously never felt Zelda's heel kick. On par with a warlock punch, if done right.

Second, this whole discussion has gone off topic. This is supposed to be about Shadow, no? And personally, I believe that Shadown would be best moved to an alternate costume of Sonic, along with perhaps Metal Sonic....in fact, I can see perhaps, different alternate costumes being different characters altogether, to save space perhaps (ex, Marth and Roy would be the same char, with different costumes, and certain moves would be affected by alternate costumes.) This way Nintendo would be able to keep their "no clones" promise, as well...

So in summary, 3 third party characters, right? Snake, along with:

Sonic (w/ Shadow, Metal Sonic, MAYBE Tails/Knuckles/Amy as alts) and

Megaman (w/ X, Zero, Bass, Protoman, .exe as alts)

are what I can see.
Peeze, you just said that someone who just suggested multiple different species should be alternate costumes used good logic to prove your point... What's wrong with that logic? And as for the "Shadow is too overpowered" argument, so is Mewtwo, but is he in Smash? (But I'm not starting a tier debate here.)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Peeze, you just said that someone who just suggested multiple different species should be alternate costumes used good logic to prove your point... What's wrong with that logic? And as for the "Shadow is too overpowered" argument, so is Mewtwo, but is he in Smash? (But I'm not starting a tier debate here.)
This guy beat me to it. Mewtwo is unbelievably powerful but guess who is on the bottom of the tier list. Go on, guess. I still don't support Shadow though. However, it is funny watching two people who don't know what they are saying, argue.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
^ Thanks. You know, I think those scale in the bottom left corner of the posts have something to do with making a good point in a debate.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
This is ********......how do I not know what I'm talking about? It's my God**** opinion...... Where do you get off telling me what's right and what's wrong? Mewtwo is overpowered yes, but he has never died and brought himself back to life just so they could squeeze a crappy game out of him to make a few more dimes of some ******* fan boys. That was my point, plus the fact that he (mewtwo) isn't as powerful as you state. He's all goofy uber in the anime and the manga, but not in the game. I'll admit that he IS powerful, but not the way that Shadow is depicted. Mewtwo can't come back to life, he can't freeze time, he can't lift HUGE objects. He's powerful, but he's more like a Ganon powerful, uber strong, but still defeatable.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
You didn't understand my logic but other people did... and agreed.
Check and mate.....
I have not seen anyone agree with you except those other Shadow fans, and a good majority of them are morons.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You think Diddy would be a clone yet you support Shadow.
He doesn't think so anymore.

But why should Shadow be in Brawl? Because he's stronger then Sonic?
Smash isn't a game that the strongest win. If that, Pichu would never could kill Ganon.
Smash Bros isn't a realistic game, and Im glad it isn't.

It's safe to assume that they'll only put one character from a 3rd party company. Why? Well because they wouldn't want to overpresent them. And there are still first party franchises who need to be more presented (Metroid, Donkey Kong...). And who's the most logical choice of the Sonic franchise? :p

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Wow. Miss a little miss a lot eh?

Lets look this over.....

Dark Samus: Copied parts of Samus' DNA, used phazon to make new bioarmour. Has entirely different moveset, moved the Metroid series along.

Shadow: Looks THE SAME AS SONIC. Has horrible dialouge, cheesy story, cloned moves............wears skates....... was brought back to life as a marketing ploy to make more money off fan boys that can't admit when something is crap.
Shadow doesn't look the same as Sonic anymore than Dark Samus. Black and red, different spike placement, tuft of white "fur". He looks quite different. HOWEVER who cares about looks anyway. Looks have nothing to do with wheter someone will get in or not.

No you smacktard. My argument didn't fail. Brute physical strength, you admitted it yourself. No gay chaos crap, just pure muscular build, of which Knuckles is the only one to have at a super-human(echidna?...) level.
Shadow does have strength at a super-human level. Knuckles IS indeed stronger though.

Listen Peeze, I am trying to lay this out as easily as I can, but you refuse to read it. I said, based on pure physical strength, no powers, just muscle. Do you understand that? If he had no powers, Knuckles would beat the **** out of him. Because he has no natural talents like Kuckles, and Sonic, and Miles, he will not have these powers removed, as it would leave him weak and frail. He is overpowered in his own series so why would they want him in Brawl? He isn't a "brawler" as you so lovingly put it, he is a stupidly overpowered villain that has no place in a game that pits gaming superstars againts eachother....we clear now?
You say Shadow has no natural skill but Sonic does? If you mean his speed they are the same speed even without Shadow's shoes. Or so says Sonic Team.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=75400&page=9

Read it and move on.

Dude, Ganon could take Link in sheer strength but he never wins. Sonic is cooler, he's the hero, he will always win because he can't lose. He will outsmart him, or run faster, or sheer luck will save him. It doesn't matter, have you not noticed that almost EVERY enemy in the history of media is stronger than the protagonists? It doesn't matter, and btw, Knuckles is stronger than Shadow.
Sonic wouldn't always win. In SA2 Sonic chased Shadow to stop him from putting the Chaos Emerald in the Eclipse Cannon. So Shadow has indeed beaten Sonic. Unless the following actions such as the Bio-Lizard and Shadow falling from ARK never happened.

Also Shadow only fell at Final-Hazard because he put ALL of his power in to atone for his sins. Plus by taking a long amount of time on Black Doom in the Final Story of Shadow the Hedgehog, we find out that Shadow NEVER died. He was caught by Eggman to use in experiments.

In closing Sonic would be in first. Shadow would NOT be in. At least not until Smash 4.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Wow. Miss a little miss a lot eh?

Shadow doesn't look the same as Sonic anymore than Dark Samus. Black and red, different spike placement, tuft of white "fur". He looks quite different. HOWEVER who cares about looks anyway. Looks have nothing to do with wheter someone will get in or not.

Shadow does have strength at a super-human level. Knuckles IS indeed stronger though.

You say Shadow has no natural skill but Sonic does? If you mean his speed they are the same speed even without Shadow's shoes. Or so says Sonic Team.

Sonic wouldn't always win. In SA2 Sonic chased Shadow to stop him from putting the Chaos Emerald in the Eclipse Cannon. So Shadow has indeed beaten Sonic. Unless the following actions such as the Bio-Lizard and Shadow falling from ARK never happened.

Also Shadow only fell at Final-Hazard because he put ALL of his power in to atone for his sins. Plus by taking a long amount of time on Black Doom in the Final Story of Shadow the Hedgehog, we find out that Shadow NEVER died. He was caught by Eggman to use in experiments.

In closing Sonic would be in first. Shadow would NOT be in. At least not until Smash 4.
Shadow will never be in a Smash Brothers game. End of discussion.

Peeze

Smash Master
No i said that Diddy Kong, not the guy you qouted, proved my point-read all the posts next time
This guy beat me to it. Mewtwo is unbelievably powerful but guess who is on the bottom of the tier list. Go on, guess. I still don't support Shadow though. However, it is funny watching two people who don't know what they are saying, argue.
Exactly, Zombie said and i qoute:
We don't want some omni-powerful, super god in the game, it's just stupid. Everyone in Melee has some level of understood mortality, Shadow, however, does not. He has this stupid story that they keep using to keep him from dying and that gives him the ability to control the spacetime continuum. That's WEAK. He is overpowered and has no place in this game.
Shadow is powerful but that doesn't mean he isn't right for the game.

I have not seen anyone agree with you except those other Shadow fans, and a good majority of them are morons.
This guy did:
As much as I hate the idea of having Shadow in Brawl. Peeze is making a point here.
Shadow CAN'T fight without his powers, because let's take Pikachu for an example, his power is built within.
Are you calling him a moron Iggy?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Look it just doesn't matter how "cool" >_> or "strong" he might be.
Shadow stays a Sonic clone. Yes one he can't beat, so what? He still is a rip off and a clone of Sonic. In both apperance and moves he is similair to Sonic, if not... The same. Ohh yeah, Shadow has guns and rollerskates, so? I bet Sonic could use them to.

And I agree with Zombie Cola, Shadow WONT be in Brawl.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I return with anger to this topic to kill the idiotic Shadow fans (I'm a smart Shadow fan BTW) once more...

Shadow would sadly, more than likely be a clone. Why you may inquire? Because look at SA2, he was Sonic with a couple fewer upgrades. Sonic battle is moveset was based off of 'chaos powers' so to speak and those moves would not work for brawl. STH was gun-based, Sakurai said that he does not approve of guns in Brawl. Shadow therein would have to find another moveset than guns. Hmmmmmm.... What does that leave? SA2's moveset or the basic concept of it anyway. In SA2 he was a Sonic clone so therein he would be a sonic clone in brawl.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
I return with anger to this topic to kill the idiotic Shadow fans (I'm a smart Shadow fan BTW) once more...

Shadow would sadly, more than likely be a clone. Why you may inquire? Because look at SA2, he was Sonic with a couple fewer upgrades. Sonic battle is moveset was based off of 'chaos powers' so to speak and those moves would not work for brawl. STH was gun-based, Sakurai said that he does not approve of guns in Brawl. Shadow therein would have to find another moveset than guns. Hmmmmmm.... What does that leave? SA2's moveset or the basic concept of it anyway. In SA2 he was a Sonic clone so therein he would be a sonic clone in brawl.
Raucous applause for the one Shadow fan that understands.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I actually posted that same conceptual idea on page 3. It is inevitable that I post it again a third time.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
No i said that Diddy Kong, not the guy you qouted, proved my point-read all the posts next time
Then edit your posts to make yourself clear, don't get upset when someone responds incorrectly to an interjected post.
It's safe to assume that they'll only put one character from a 3rd party company. Why? Well because they wouldn't want to overpresent them. And there are still first party franchises who need to be more presented (Metroid, Donkey Kong...). And who's the most logical choice of the Sonic franchise? :p

The simplest logic is often the best. This supports why I said Damus wouldn't be a clone, because she has a moveset without guns that can be translated from the MP games to Brawl.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Shadow will never be in a Smash Brothers game. End of discussion.
He won't be in BRAWL.

Think years ago if someone said, "Sonic is coming out on the Super Nintendo." You probably would smack them. Back when SSB64 came out you would have laughed when someone said Solid Snake should be in. Never say never. He WON'T be in this time. It's practically guaranteed.

Calm down. For now I'm on your side. Don't attack your allies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He won't be, we all know that. But he wouldn't be a clone of sonic. Like you told me with diddy kong don't assume play his game.
Okay you got me there... I should show Shadow some more respect since I pulled you this far believing Diddy wouldn't be a DK clone. No Shadow wouldn't be a clone, but he wouldn't be a good choice either.

And Gawd Terios... Nintendo said on their Wii homepage that Brawl is gonna be the biggest and best Smash Bros game EVER. After Melee, Sakurai was very sure the franchise would stop there. Now he will offcially stop it by making Brawl.

And think logically, even if there is gonna be a Smash Bros after Brawl... Do you think Shadow would be the first character they think of? I bet even Waluigi makes a better choice for that one.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Yeah, by the next Smash game....if there is one (and I seriously doubt there will be) Shadow will be old news, you're looking at 4-6 years before the next console comes out, and Shadow will be yesterdays trash. If he hasn't been killed off by then, he will be long forgotten before the next Nintendo console.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
There will be future Smash titles - they just won't have Sakurai-san at the helm... (which makes them a little less to look forward to...) But yeah, the "hype" for Shadow would be pretty much dead by then...

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
See, this is the thing that pisses me off most, I love Sonic Team, I have been a Sonic fan since my early days, but they keep recycling the same old designs, what happened to the creative genius?! It's like they have some obsession with small rodents.

For those of you that don't know, this is Silver the Hedgehog.....yes ANOTHER hedgehog. There are more than cats, hedgehogs, echidnas, and fox's in the world. Granted they used a bat once but she was just as big a rip off of Knuckles as Shadow is of Sonic. I just wish they would branch out a bit, maybe dogs....or chinchillas? I have a chinchilla and although she can't run uber fast or fly, she could still kick your ***. My point is the characters need a change, I just want something new is all.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Lmao.........5 years from now

Zombie Cola: No Silver shouldn't be in brawl!!!

Peeze: (no offense Peeze, you are just the example) Whatever, HE SO SHOULD BE!!!!!

Lord_Deathborne: STFU NOOB!!!!

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Yeah, by the next Smash game....if there is one (and I seriously doubt there will be) Shadow will be old news, you're looking at 4-6 years before the next console comes out, and Shadow will be yesterdays trash. If he hasn't been killed off by then, he will be long forgotten before the next Nintendo console.
Meh. His popularity as a character is holding up well enough. You never know what will happen. My point was that the video game universe is inconsistent. You have to expect the unexpected.

See, this is the thing that pisses me off most, I love Sonic Team, I have been a Sonic fan since my early days, but they keep recycling the same old designs, what happened to the creative genius?! It's like they have some obsession with small rodents.

For those of you that don't know, this is Silver the Hedgehog.....yes ANOTHER hedgehog. There are more than cats, hedgehogs, echidnas, and fox's in the world. Granted they used a bat once but she was just as big a rip off of Knuckles as Shadow is of Sonic. I just wish they would branch out a bit, maybe dogs....or chinchillas? I have a chinchilla and although she can't run uber fast or fly, she could still kick your ***. My point is the characters need a change, I just want something new is all.
A chinchilla would rock so hard. <not sarcasm. We need people willing to think like that to join Sonic Team.

When creating the characters I sort of imagine the following .

Hedgehog. GENIUS!
Echidna.... what's that? *looks up* GENIUS!!!!

Pink Hedgehog!
Metal Hedgehog!
Black Hedgehog!
Silver Hedgehog!
Another Metal Hedgehog!

Shut up Jimmy.

COOOOMMEEEEEE OOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

All RIGHT SHUT UP!!!

Totally how it happened.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
When creating the characters I sort of imagine the following .

Hedgehog. GENIUS!
Echidna.... what's that? *looks up* GENIUS!!!!

Shut up Jimmy.

COOOOMMEEEEEE OOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

All RIGHT SHUT UP!!!

Totally how it happened.

LMFAO!!!!!!! GENIUS!!!!

Top Bottom