• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow the Hedgehog

some random freak

Smash Journeyman
How is Shadow outshining Sonic?

Thats like saying Luigi was begining to outshine Mario just because he had Luigi's Mansion.

If a Sega character gets in it will be Sonic. There won't be another Sega character taking up a third party space.

Don't double post.

although mario will be dominant as the star of the mario games, people may prefer luigi and yoshi. (or other characters)
why.... because luigi is funny in games like luigi's mansion and partners in time or people may prefer him for a different reason.
as for yoshi, people just love him for some reason

sonic and shadow are similar as people say sonic must be in and the rest don't matter.

sonic is the choice most people want but some people may like other characters and think they are deserving.

so they aren't outshining in the terms of the main character being the main character.
but in terms of popularity other characters may well be outshing the main character

i hope that clears it up:)

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
This thread has become pure lawl and opinion. How has Shadow "been taking up all the popularity"? Earlier Ferro de Lupe stated that all the stuff in the underlined text was true, which it's not, it's pure opinion. There hasn't been any factual knowledge posted since the discussion of Silver, so stop claiming that your opinions are factual.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Shadow consistently places number two in official polls. Right behind Sonic. This is fact.

Shadow>Sonic or Sonic> Shadow are opinions.

Also for the record Shadow isn't an evil version of Sonic. That right goes to Scourge.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Yes I would certainly like to see these "popularity polls" you speak of, and do they cover just the US, or Asia and Europe too? Please, enlighten me.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Terios the Hedgehog said:
Shadow consistently places number two in official polls. Right behind Sonic. This is fact.

Shadow>Sonic or Sonic> Shadow are opinions.

Also for the record Shadow isn't an evil version of Sonic. That right goes to Scourge.
Scourge does not exist in the video games therefore he is not canon and that arguement is moot. And I read that article and it is most likely the rambling of some fanboy. Also I was reading more on some other characters and is it me or is Sega trying to make Sonic as ununique as possible. B/C They are making more and more characters that either have stronger abilities or the same abilities as Sonic. Example: Blaze, Shadow, & Silver.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Silver is slow as hell. Blaze is pretty slow as well. They apparently come from a universe of psychics though.

I wasn't trying to make an argument. Nothing was getting said so I thought I would bring in a new factor to liven things up.

Peeze

Smash Master
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_the_hedgehog

Near the top. It doesn't have any sources so it COULD be some stupid fanboy. But on based on votes from various Sonic sites this seems to be true regardless. Sonic Central, Sonniku, etc...

If it's incorrect I apologize. Not my fault.
From Wiki:According to official polls, Shadow is the second most popular character in the series, second only to Sonic himself.

Good find Terios.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
From Wiki:According to official polls, Shadow is the second most popular character in the series, second only to Sonic himself.

Good find Terios.
Slight problem there sparky, when you claim stuff like that, Wiki asks that you cite your sources, and there are none. Until I see these "official polls" it's all rumor and hearsay.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
I looked at other characters from the Sonic series on Wiki and I think that might not be true b/c in Metal Sonic's profile it says that he is the 3rd most popular char. Which most likely is not true b/c most polls I've seen have Knuckles at second.

some random freak

Smash Journeyman
I looked at other characters from the Sonic series on Wiki and I think that might not be true b/c in Metal Sonic's profile it says that he is the 3rd most popular char. Which most likely is not true b/c most polls I've seen have Knuckles at second.
yeah metal sonic can't be the third most popular. what with tails, knuckles and even characters like amy and chaos zero.

Peeze

Smash Master
Slight problem there sparky, when you claim stuff like that, Wiki asks that you cite your sources, and there are none. Until I see these "official polls" it's all rumor and hearsay.
Very true, but do you know who edits wikipedia? Nerdy fanboys who usually know what they're talking about. But if I can find a more reputable source i will post it.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Silver is slow as hell. Blaze is pretty slow as well. They apparently come from a universe of psychics though.

I wasn't trying to make an argument. Nothing was getting said so I thought I would bring in a new factor to liven things up.
Speaking of Silver being a slow moving character and him being psychokinetic why is it characters with highly developed psychic powers tend to be slow in movement, especially in fighting games?

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Sounds biased but logical. They woudl at least have good range, something most games usually don't do. The only exception of fiction where telekinetics are as quick as are strong are Jedi and Siths. I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Peeze

Smash Master
So...back to shadow....
He definetly wont be slow, probly 2nd to sonic. Although I still think that C.F. should be the fastest in attacks.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
I can't imagine how much more lethal this bounty hunter would be with lightning quick attacks like Fox. Even if Shadow is NOT going to be in Brawl (not an assumption, a fact) Shadow would be the fastest character with Sonic if they both appear in Brawl. Remember, Captain Falcon isn't ALL so fast as is anyone in Melee are when you compare it to something like Sonci or Shadow (but Pidgeot owns them in a speed race). C. Falcon doesn't look like he is running any faster than 25 to 28 mph while Sonic and Shadow move at 760 mph. See the vast difference?

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Ahhh, I see. You were referring on how fast they strike. Hmm, it varies. I am pretty sure Homing Attack will have its restrictions like it counts as a recovery move and cannot be used multiple times in midair and have limited homing ability. I'll say Shadow will have fast hand-to-hand moves but when it comes to his Chaos Powers he seems a bit sluggish on those (which probably be B moves and Smash Attacks). Seen how Shadow takes time to charge up his Chaos Attacks?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I can't imagine how much more lethal this bounty hunter would be with lightning quick attacks like Fox. Even if Shadow is NOT going to be in Brawl (not an assumption, a fact) Shadow would be the fastest character with Sonic if they both appear in Brawl. Remember, Captain Falcon isn't ALL so fast as is anyone in Melee are when you compare it to something like Sonci or Shadow (but Pidgeot owns them in a speed race). C. Falcon doesn't look like he is running any faster than 25 to 28 mph while Sonic and Shadow move at 760 mph. See the vast difference?
You honestly believe that if Sonic gets in (and I expect him to be) that he will run 760 mph? I love your sense of humor.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
I doubt they'd put Sonic his true speed in Smash (like many characters in Smash are like already). Not only will he be too fast but that speed would make Sonic too unwieldly to use properly. He'd probably just exceed Falcon, though.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Makes perfect sense. I'd just really say Shadow will have attack speed on par with Fox but seriously his Chaos Powers are relatively slow since he takes time to charge and utters "Chaos Control!". Shadow can be designed to be lightning quick, nimble, and very powerful (probably comparable with DK or something like that) but his Chaos based moves will have there slightly long lag, especially B-moves. Lets just hope his Special Smash is Chaos Control and freezes all frames around him while leaving him mobile.

Peeze

Smash Master
The time it take sfor him to wield Chaos control would be relatively long, but then again so is Falcon's F-smash. You just have to use it at the right time.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
I could barely get a Falcon Punch in unless I am edgeguarding the enemy at the very right moment and pull it off. Falcon Punch is sloooow for the fastest dasher in Melee unless maybe I am teamed with Jigglypuff and even that Sing is hard to pull off, too. I can imagine Shadow's Smashes will involve Dark Energy Orbs from his hands kinda like Shadow's physical Chaos moves from Sonic Battle.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Shadow's F-Smash (or any Smash in particula): would be good for priority, disjointed hitbox, and power if he were to make it.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Oh, yeah, I get it. I can pull that ne off if I do it out of a combo but it is hard to do it just by using it alone. I'd think Shadow's smashes would be kinda slow, too, since he takes a brief moment charging his Chaos Energy. But Smashes aren't everything so Falcon or Shadow is not really so screwed.

Peeze

Smash Master
Exactly, you came to the conclusion I was leading you to. Soo what if the Chaos Emeralds take long to use? One slow attack doesn't define a character.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
But it wasn't SO slow so it has it's timing and utility to use them. I think Shadow will play more like Fox and Falcon a bit actually. Who knows, maybe the long lag will make up for long duration in those Chaos Attacks?

Peeze

Smash Master
And since Chaos control gives him time control.... while everyone else is moving slower than him...Shadow would definetly take ownership of Brawl, IMO.

Top Bottom