• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Moses Island

Sariku

Smash Master
I don't like it if you don't break the walls down. I love the theme and structure of the stage, but it can be a hassle killing them off the side if the walls aren't broken down. Let's face it, some characters can't kill vertically.

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
I love it. Breakable terrain is always fun (except in Skyworld, where it can get annoying), and for some reason, battles seem to get more intense once a Metal Gear breaks in.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
I've found it difficult to kill vertically, as the stage seems to have a decently high ceiling along with the walls sometimes further preventing a kill by ricochet. However, pending then walkoff stage ban, I'd say CP.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
it's a fun stage and one of my favorites, it's just that I can't sometime hit and land blows vertically

Geist

Smash Master
I don't have much of a problem with this stage as I do with other walk-off edges or stages with vast walls.
Still, this stage has been hit with the ban-hammer countless times and likely wont be viable for tournament play.

It's still awesome fun playing against a diddy here. I don't know why.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Shadow Moses Island is a fun stage to play at, especially once all the walls are down becasue than it's big and possilbe for anything except spikes. With the walls it makes for a challenge to break those down while taking on opponents at the same time.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Unless you have a Spike, then its gonna be hard to make a kill without breaking the walls.

Love the music though...

Esoteric

Smash Apprentice
One of my favorite stages, but after being CG'd to infinity and beyond by this D3 player I can see why it would be banned in tournaments.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
It has the worst of both worlds for chain-grabbing/infinite madness. If the walls are up, you'll get infinited to death. If the walls are gone, you'll get chain-grabbed off the stage. All in all, not a fun stage to play competitively on.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Nearly every character can CG against walls by just spam-pressing grab with the right timing, without this the stage takes forever to KO on due to good DI and wall-teching, and even when the walls are gone you can just run away until they respawn.

blazingIKE33

Smash Cadet
SMI is a great stage.this is one of the few grounded stages in the game. at first glance the stage seems fairly small. Howevr the towers on each side of it can be torn down w/ enough attacks. Each tower has both a top and bottom section. access the top from the catwalk, and access the bottom from below the catwalk. If the top section is destroyed, the bottom section remains. If the bottom falls, the whole tower goes down.

When either section of the tower is destroyed, players are able to battle all the way out to the boundary on that side of the stage. Destroy both towers and the full width of the stage will be available. After being destroyed, the towers on each side will eventually return.

SMI is a good stage for 1v1 battles. It is very intense. It technically is a stage that is an advantage to all characters. :)

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I like it, but the walls limit KO potential. I don't know any Dedede players, so I've never had to face the chaingrabbing madness that I'm sure many others have been subjected to.

icewolf2249

Smash Cadet
This stage is never going to see the light of day after being so buried by competitions. It gives advantages to a fair amount of characters, but it leaves enough characters disadvantaged to be called broken.

Casually (i.e. in a world where you can trust that integrity and non-douchiness will triumph over desire to succeed [sorry to have to put it this way, I'm not trying to rag on competitive play, just saying that competitively the object is to win.]), this might be one of the best levels. It looks amazing, the walls can be fun, the music is incredible, and the little exclamation point never gets old. When I'm playing with my friends, it's as frequently played a stage as Final Destination and Battlefield. Between us (we collectively use marth, ike, pt, zamus, peach, lucario, luigi, mario, and pit), it tends to be quite neutral, our win records being on par with those on Final Destination, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium 1, etc.

PKPower

Smash Cadet
I used to love this level. Until my friend punched me in the balls for infinating him against the wall the entire time, then I hated it.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
I hate the stage. No drop offs, and walls definitely throw a wrench into my ways of killing. The occasional infinite wall jab is nice though.

~rh

Smash Lord
I used to love this level. Until my friend punched me in the balls for infinating him against the wall the entire time, then I hated it.
I hope you gave him two back.

Regardless the only reason I play on SMI is for the boss battle music from MGS2.:chuckle:

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Too many characters can rack up too much damage with their infinates against the wall, the walk off edges are pretty lame, And Ike is way extra strong at this course.

It's a shame, I like the course a lot personally, but it should be banned in competitive play.

Top Bottom