• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Games Mafia Over: Dgames Doomed

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
5. BarD [7] - Adumbrodeus, Soup, FML, Kary, Zalak, Jexs, Sherlock
Cross soup and me off and dsh i read hardtown anyways
Adumb i wanna say i townlean but i hate committing to reads on him ryker swiss types because i feel like I'm getting plYed if i do. If anything he was the most consistent about the wagon but i don't think thats telling in his case
You idr your jump on, but I've seen nothing from you in general that concerns me
Zalek was the one hardpressing someone elses lynch right?
Jexys I'd look at simply cuz late pile on

FullMetalLynch

5. BarD [7] - Adumbrodeus, Soup, FML, Kary, Zalak, Jexs, Sherlock
Cross soup and me off and dsh i read hardtown anyways
Adumb i wanna say i townlean but i hate committing to reads on him ryker swiss types because i feel like I'm getting plYed if i do. If anything he was the most consistent about the wagon but i don't think thats telling in his case
You idr your jump on, but I've seen nothing from you in general that concerns me
Zalek was the one hardpressing someone elses lynch right?
Jexys I'd look at simply cuz late pile on

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
vote: Gheb

die scum die

:194::194::194:

Kary = mafia

:194::194::194:
Zalak, talk to me about lynching gheb versus lynching kary.

adum I wanna talk about your pushes in the 2nd half of yesterDay. I have a couple of points.

First, I feel like you gave absolutely zero consideration to a JeXs lynch yesterDay.
-You tagged everyone in the game and told them to vote Bardull.
-When Bardull turned up and posted content, that didn't seem to change your opinion at all.
-Once the Bardull waggon was moving (a waggon you started) you argued that it was too late to switch, even with a reasonable amount of time remaining.

Second, you didn't mention Gorf at all. Now, I will concede that Gorf was more active than some other options. On the other hand I also thought he was a main scumread for you.
I explained rather clearly it was arbitrary between the inactives, my reasoning wasn't that they were the most likely scum it was that they were lynchable with a minimum of fuss and null at best.

I think you're incredibly optimistic in saying it was "a reasonable amount of time remaining", I've seen more active towns no lynch at that point even with a clear obvious lynch target. Even when we stuck to bardull I was doubting that a lynch would actually go through the entire time, or didn't you see the mass attempted exodus right after the hammer?

Which is why I didn't try for Gorf, if he came back in time he's persuasive enough that there would have been no lynch, just like why I didn't bother arguing on maven (who was a clearly superior lynch due to gheb) and why I didn't consider a shift to JeXs. I was not optimistic about a lynch happening so I did everything possible to maximize the chances that it happened.

Did I actually "block" it though? I only said that I'd rather keep Maven alive for now [with hopes of him getting replaced soon @ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 *hint* *hint*] because I'm in a neighborhood with him. I did neither say that it clears him nor that we should avoid lynching him at all costs - just that I'd rather lynch Bardull in case we're going the inactive road. In fact, I didn't even vote Bardull myself as I kept my vote on Kantrip whom I had believed to be the best lynch still.

IIRC it was mostly adum who insisted on Bardull over everybody else.

:059:
Bulls***

You claimed to protect the slot. You were blocking the lynch, to engage maven was to engage you.

Vote: JeXs
This a push or a threat to make him participate?

V/LA Til tuesday afternoon due to busy weekend and work but I'll check in when I can.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
tfw I thought soup was scum because no townie would ever play that role like that.
defending yourself before being accused? why are you so worried... kira?

congratulations you have successfully elicited a reaction from me.
that is not the reaction i was looking for. i was hoping for something completely different, and the fact that i did not get that kind of reaction actually worries me. i'll be keeping a close eye on you. :162:

Kantrip

Kantplay
I have a tournament today so I probably won't be able to post until tomorrow after work. I want to reread Day 1 as well.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I have a tournament today so I probably won't be able to post until tomorrow after work. I want to reread Day 1 as well.
GOODLUCK

you gonna be wrecking as DK, DK, or Bowser Jr.? Or some mysterious other character(s)?

JeXs

Smash Champion
We should be lynching between Jay, maven and Gheb imo. Everyone else is at least a town lean to me. I would personally go Jay first, his play this game has felt extremely off to me and his disappearance doesn't help.

JeXs

Smash Champion
FML, looking at bardull's wagon will do nothing. Please don't bother. If you want to know why I voted bard, it's to get a lynch through, I believe I already stated this yesterDay.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
We should be lynching between Jay, maven and Gheb imo. Everyone else is at least a town lean to me. I would personally go Jay first, his play this game has felt extremely off to me and his disappearance doesn't help.
that list doesn't feel complete to me, but I agree that they're all very great lynch candidates

JeXs

Smash Champion
I haven't reread so I can't give a clear answer but his play feels weird to me.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
Anyone legitimately trying to use that last minute wagon for legitimate scum hunting:

adum I wanna talk about your pushes in the 2nd half of yesterDay. I have a couple of points.

First, I feel like you gave absolutely zero consideration to a JeXs lynch yesterDay.
-You tagged everyone in the game and told them to vote Bardull.
-When Bardull turned up and posted content, that didn't seem to change your opinion at all.
-Once the Bardull waggon was moving (a waggon you started) you argued that it was too late to switch, even with a reasonable amount of time remaining.

Second, you didn't mention Gorf at all. Now, I will concede that Gorf was more active than some other options. On the other hand I also thought he was a main scumread for you.
What?

Adum stated multiple times that he was going after Bardull because he thought no other lynch would happen (and he really wanted SOME lynch to happen) and in order for that to happen, a slot that no one would hardcore defend needed to be chosen (which was Bardull). That answers like all of these points.

He didn't consider JeXs: He didn't go after this because a) he didn't scum read JeXs or b) he didn't know what other people thought of him (since he had actual content at that point). If he went after JeXs and not everyone wanted him, it would either go back to Bardull or a lynch simply wouldn't happen.

You tagged everyone and told them to vote Bardull: This game's activity has been very inconsistent with a lot of slots that have just disappeared altogether for increments. He went with Bardull specifically because no one would argue a Bardull lynch since he was pretty much the most inactive slot aside from Maven who had a claim to back him up.

Bardull posted things: He was still the easiest lynch to go after at that point because no one was willing to argue against lynching him. People preferred Maven of course, but with the lack of activity and Gheb being against the lynch we couldn't guarantee a lynch against him.

Reasonable time remaining: No? Like, you have to consider how little activity there was in the thread at this time. There were not enough players to make a successful lynch unless it was one we all agreed on.

Not mentioning Gorf: He already responded to this, but even then, Gorf had a lot of town support at this point because his last post (at the time) was pretty solid. He would not have gotten a Gorf lynch off.

Like, I don't understand the point of this post at all. All of the answers I just wrote were common sense answers based on Adum's posts.

Why are you not including Kary in this list?

Maven89

Smash Master
I saw people are complaining that I haven't posted yet

I'm fairly busy today so I'm reading what I can, coming back several hours later, and reading again. Probably won't get fully read up until after Game of Thrones airs tonight, but just so people realize I'm actually reading and stuff, here's the post I was writing. It's definitely not finished because I haven't finished reading up, when I make a larger post I'm going to quote the following so just consider it a sneak peak. But yeah, I realize I don't have any reputation of activity to go on, so here. I am playing and will play. Not responding to any comments on it until I read up because I doubt any conversation would be useful.

OK, I just glanced over it.
Just going to point out Gheb was in that game so I'm not sure what that line is supposed to mean

Other then that, at the point I am when writing this (page 6), I do not see where the "obvtown" reading on Zalak is coming from. I'm more suspicious of Adumbrodeus for pushing that idea

I clearly am answering questions, though.
and from this line just afterwards I'm starting to scum-read Kary. He's coming off incredibly catty and largely just trying to bat at other people who take shots at him while largely avoiding everything else. Then this line

I don't think he said anything about me that I should care about.

You realize that caring about what people think about you is much more a scum trait than a town one, right?
is just full of awkwardness. What is this even supposed to mean? He doesn't care because if he cared he'd be scum? Did I miss a trend where people change human nature to fit mafia games? If someone insults me in these games I care, because I'm a person.

At the same point I think he brought up really good points about the Rake/Orbo slot earlier on (not going to go find the quote, the one where he immediately scum read them), so atm while reading I'm still piecing this out.

ut saying people shouldn't have an opinion of him is discouraging the creation of information town needs to scumhunt because even if a read is wrong and based on poor mafia theory it still provides information and a paper trail. Pair that with the fact that they're making 0 content of their own and it's obvious one of these two should die toDay.

Out of the two gorf's worse because at least with gheb the thought was original, gorf just sheeped it.
this post completly makes up gorf and gheb's argument. they were saying it was pointless to read him as a town so early, they said nothing about people not having reads. especially since Adum wasn't just saying "i think Zalak is town" but was going as far as to claim Zalak was confirmed town with no possibiliity of him being scum unless he's God. That's a giant leap to make so early in a game.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I don't actually think he's scum. His frustration with the game comes off as genuine to me and while I don't have any meta whatsoever on him, from what I've seen in this game, he's a town lean for me.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Like, I don't understand the point of this post at all. All of the answers I just wrote were common sense answers based on Adum's posts.
I am trying to gauge why adum ended up leading a Bardull waggon and whether there was any ulterior motive behind it. Maybe there are some perfectly reasonable brownie townie reasons. Maybe he has a motive for pushing specific slots over others.

Since you're probably going to ask, I am leaning towards him being town and just way paranoid of a no lynch.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Since Maven posted, I may as well mention this now.
Personally I'm inclined to believe Gheb's claim, it just seems unnecessary and complicated to fake a claim like that as scum.

Obviously it doesn't clear either of them, but I feel like it's enough of a reason to not lynch Maven right now, anyways. I'm gonna think about it some more in the time being, but, yeah.
This post I made yesterDay about liking Maven less after Gheb's claim was basically just some weaksauce reasoning I posted because I felt like Gheb-Maven might actually be masons. I was trying to wrap my head around why Gheb would want to dissuade a Maven lynch if he's just an inactive neighbour, and I guessed maybe they were masons but obviously didn't want to claim that for fear of a bullet. Obviously, if they were masons, I didn't want to spill the beans either.

Since they've both posted toDay and there aren't any revelations, I'm shelving the theory. If they are masons I want to know now, not in Lylo, but I doubt it at this point. It seems a lot more likely that Gheb's just playing silly buggers, and doesn't have a good (town) reason for claiming yesterDay / 'defending' Maven.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
is just full of awkwardness. What is this even supposed to mean? He doesn't care because if he cared he'd be scum? Did I miss a trend where people change human nature to fit mafia games? If someone insults me in these games I care, because I'm a person
'care' in this context is caring about alignment.

What I'm saying is that scum players are more worried about what people think of them (in terms of alignment) than town ones.

FullMetalLynch

FML, looking at bardull's wagon will do nothing. Please don't bother. If you want to know why I voted bard, it's to get a lynch through, I believe I already stated this yesterDay.
Fwiw i only postulated that because kary asked me to look at it.
@ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 can we get some replacements or something?

Maven89

Smash Master
OK, I just glanced over it.
Just going to point out Gheb was in that game so I'm not sure what that line is supposed to mean

Other then that, at the point I am when writing this (page 6), I do not see where the "obvtown" reading on Zalak is coming from. I'm more suspicious of Adumbrodeus for pushing that idea

I clearly am answering questions, though.
and from this line just afterwards I'm starting to scum-read Kary. He's coming off incredibly catty and largely just trying to bat at other people who take shots at him while largely avoiding everything else. Then this line

I don't think he said anything about me that I should care about.

You realize that caring about what people think about you is much more a scum trait than a town one, right?
is just full of awkwardness. What is this even supposed to mean? He doesn't care because if he cared he'd be scum? Did I miss a trend where people change human nature to fit mafia games? If someone insults me in these games I care, because I'm a person.

At the same point I think he brought up really good points about the Rake/Orbo slot earlier on (not going to go find the quote, the one where he immediately scum read them), so atm while reading I'm still piecing this out.

Gheb_01

Verdict: Scum

Reasoning: Gheb has done very little this game, and even less to make the game move forward. His actions so far include asking people for clarification on things, and telling people their read on Zalak is preemptive. Whether or not he has a point with the latter, these actions do absolutely nothing to progress the game. What makes it actually scummy is that he doesn't have a point with the latter, and he was actually telling people they should not have a read on a player who, in my opinion, everyone should have a read on at this point. Zalak has been the most talked about player and has interacted with the most people, and whether or not you believe that his insistence he should not be townread is a town tell, you should have something to say about the slot. Before changing his mind, Gorf was the only other person saying that people should not have a read on Zalak, but once he actually read the thread, he realized that there was lots to base a read on. Despite this, Gheb (who we have to assume has read the thread based on his keeping up with it) insists that there isn't enough to base a read on.

I think that if Gheb actually cared about finding scum, he would be able to form more solid reads than he has demonstrated so far. When asked about me, he says he's "not sure what to think" and goes on to cite a couple points against me that seem to suggest he doesn't like me, yet he can't commit to a scumread on me. It's clear that he doesn't have a read on Zalak, the most talked about player in the game, because he made a point of telling others they shouldn't have a read on him either. Adum, another player who's been talked about a fair bit, is also a null for Gheb, even though adum has done plenty of things including having a read on Zalak. The fact that Gheb doesn't have a read on adum proves that his callout served no purpose. He didn't ask adum or others with reads on Zalak any questions, he didn't try to push any of them for reactions, and he didn't try to shift the thread in a different direction other than Zalak. He just played mafia armchair critic, let his reads on all parties involved sit at null, and let the thread continue going in the same direction. That's why I feel that what he did was scummy.
None of this post is accurate, etiher in him repeating Adum's claim or him insisting Gheb was slowing the game. There were way better choices to vote with that reasoning then Gheb. Like me

What's the town benefit here? They weren't suggesting that Zalak was scum or that the reason that Zalak was being townread was scummy so there's no benefit to scumhunting. So no town benefit.
The town benefit is not writing Zalak off and keeping him under a spotlight. Way way too often here players will be read town early on and coast on that the entire game. I've seen that happen, I know you've seen that happen. Stopping a town-read bandwagon so early on isn't indicative of anything.

... just look at the way he presents his case. It's not about finding scum, it's solely about throwing dirt at a player of his choosing in order to get a mislynch in [in this case on me]. Nowhere does he attempt to see things from a different angle or question anything about what he's saying that could be wrong/misinformed/misunderstood. From the beginning to the end the whole posts aims at destroying his target without even considering that his thought process could be even slightly off. No townie does that, certainly not on Day 1, certainly not with so little information at hand. It's completely destructive and has precisely nothing to do with scumhunting.

When I started reading this I disagreed but at the end I think Gheb made a good point. I don't agree as strongly as he does.

The point is that if he were a scumhunting townie he'd be interested in making his post easy to respond to, right? Because as a townie who wants to win this game he'd have to take certain things into consideration - most importantly that he could simply be wrong. He'd want me to have a fair chance to respond so he can find out whether I'm scum or not.

Why does his post not reflect any of that? He's not trying to find out anything. From the very beginning of his case he's operating under the assumption that I must be scum and cares neither to give me a fair chance to respond, nor to find other ways to interpret my play. It's one-sided and has a clear aim - not to find scum ut to specifically paint me as scum no matter what. What kind of townie would do that?

And now I don't like it. Now it really does seem like dodging.

I mean come on, you even put his picture on top, like it's supposed to be an official indictment.
Adum's overall post here against Kantrip was good, just taking this line to say that Kantrip does have a flair for the dramatic.

Also I'm noticing the more vicious a person is the most I want them lynched, so that might be bias on my part against Kary.

So what? No-one is arguing Gheb is being pro-town. But you seemed adamant that he was scum, and more or less off 1-2 posts.
I like this post

I don't want to waste time going back and forth about how your argument is garbage. The point is, your argument is not so strong that you can rest on your laurels and have it see you through the rest of the Day. I feel like you should be looking at other slots, and doing a lot more to pursue your own reads, rather than pretend you have decisively identified 'scum intent' from a couple of players.
With this post I'm not reading Kary as scum anymore.

Vote: BarD

We really don't have time to argue over a lynch at this point, it'll take two less then everyone currently voting in the thread. Bardull has done pretty much nothing in the thread so he's a fine compromise lynch. Needing consent of my number one suspect sucks, but nobody's disagreed with the bardull lynch so far and with a town this inactive it's necessary.

Everyone Vote Bardull!
I find it odd that Adum would just so easily accept Gheb saying "not maven" and roll with it.

At this point I started to skim the thread, because it became clear the posts were rushed and panicy and everyone tried to get a lynch in, nothing really caught my eye from there until Bardull was lynched. can't really make much of any of that, deadlines are deadlines If there's something people find relevant here point it out to me.

And..that's basically it.

Reads are as follows

Zalak - town
Kary - slight town lead
Adum - scum lean
Kantrip - scum lean

Then there's FML,I admit I've had real difficulty reading his posts. Spelling errors and ramblings. I don't like how he's fallen under the radar

I really don't like Adum's posts, and I haven't seen anything from Gheb to make me think he's scummier then normal Gheb play. If it wasn't for my scummy reads on the people pushing Gheb I'd be more on board with it, because I've seen nothing townie from him.

Leaning with Adum's lynch because in the end I find his reasoning bad. But that whole push has been built up into Adum vs Gheb, and I can easily see the possibility that it's Gheb scum and Adum town with reasoning I don't agree with. Unless there's more scum from Abdum or more town from Gheb then I'm going to be holding off.

Yeah I'm back fully active mode from now on, feel free to comment on anything I said I'll respond now

Overall, my reads went from Adum scum to slight scum, Kary slight scum to slight town, Gheb from null to uncomfortable null. Zalak is just a town read and comfortably sitting at that.

Lol at Soup doing another odd choice in a Jdietz run game. I was half expecting him to be behind the outage (which, btw, why the **** did no one talk about that?)

Actually, yeah. Lets talk about that outage. Anti town role must have done that, because stealing conversation away only helps them. And it was timed to leave very little time left to decide on a vote. That's suspicious and I'm wondering why no one ever even asked about it

Top Bottom