• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Games Mafia Over: Dgames Doomed

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer

*Gasp* What's this?

Now Open...? ...Fresh new look!?

...GRAND SLAMWICHES!?!?

ITS BACK!

That's RIGHT! Mewtwo Tax day is now behind us, and with that: so is our remodeling! With a fresh coat of paint (and some creative accounting) we're ready to take your order at Denny's once more! With more free space and smoke-free* air than you can shake a stick at, we've got plenty of reservations waiting to fill, so bring your friends! With a fresh look and some fresh faces, we'll be here; ready to serve you any Grand Slamwich you'd like.

"Denny's. Because you have no where else to go."
*Denny's air subject to change

[collapse=Original Details]
Welcome, welcome one and all to FilmCow Mafia!

"Oh wow, that's great Dietz! I love Mafia! But what's this FilmCow business??"

Oh, I'm uh... glad you asked? It's quite simple really it's like uh...

Well... maybe it's not so simple, but it's like uh...

... Tell you what how about I just show you?

Here...!

... No nevermind that's not quite right.

Uhhh...

Okay that's definitely not right...

... closer, actually

but um...

... You know what: that's actually pretty accurate...

We'll go with that

...FILMCOW MAFIA EVERYONE!

GET HYYYYPE!!¡!

"Now who can I put down for a Grand Slamwich?"

[/collapse]
Denny's Reservation List:
1. Maven
2. Orboknown + Rake (Full Metal Lynch)
3. Zalak
4. Gorf
5. BarD
6. Adumbrodeus
7. Kary
8. Soup
9. Joey + Red Ryu (Detective Sherlock Hound)
10. Jexs
11. JaytheUnseen
12. Gheb
13. Potassium

Replacments:

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
[collapse= FAQ]
The Game; FAQ

"Haha no, but really, why would I want to join this?"

Wow, bold.

Well for one this is a setup with flair. Long awake at night do I lay, tossing and turning, thinking about all the mafia games with great setups that came and went with little as much a postcard declaring the game to be "flavored". Forever to be forgotten to DGames history as a game that lived and died as quietly as it came. Or near worse, the waking hours I lose remembering the "experimentals" that came crashing in with overwhelming aromas of fun and excitement, but in the end fell to their own ambition or modding inattentiveness. I aim to give you the best of both worlds to the best of my ability. A game with a bite, but not without wholesome mafia meat to sink your teeth into. To give each player a slot worth filling backed by mod-work that exceeds expectations. That important posts link and alive player list will be 30 minute pizza delivery fresh, or your money back. Remember Blazblue Mafia? Yeah, yeah you do.

"With such a zany theme and attention to presentation... I'm worried this game's setup is going to be Swingy/PR Hell/Awful"

Actually, not at all. Despite what the theme suggests there's a distinct mechanical order underneath the gossamer shine of this mafia unicorn. And while one of my goals was not to give a vast majority of players a boring role, I've been very conscientious to keep a balance of fun and function. Without telling too much, this game is actually less PR dependent than several other notable DGames. It's certainly no "C9", but it's not "Final Fantasy Tactics" either. It straddles a line that I think the majority of DGames will enjoy. But by no means will the results of the game be as random as the setting. Marshy probably doesn't remember reviewing this setup anymore, but he did back in the queue days: and he liked what he saw at first as well as what it ended up becoming based on his feedback. (Woah that was already over a year ago I pitched this setup to the queue mods? WOW. Remember that thing we used to have called a queue? This setup remembers.)

"Aw geez Dietz, but I only join your setups because I expect some crazy stuff..."

Would you feel better if I told you there was a... *shifty look* ... ****ty twist? It won't affect game-play, but... -I've already said too much.

"What about Hydras? I was really hoping to play a game along with X these days... Can I hydra with X?"

Sorry no, with the renovations we've adopted a strict no hydra policy. They just take up too much space at the tables.
(Unless of course, you can fill the house first...)

"Okay that actually all sounds pretty fun, where do I sign?"

Here, here... and in the reply to thread box.

"What the hell is a Grand Slamwich?"

That's everything that comes with a Grand Slam, put into a sandwich instead.

"That sounds really nasty."

They're very popular.

"Can I get some pancakes?"

I'll put you down for a Grand Slamwich.

[/collapse]

Rules and Important Game Info

Rules

1. No communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread, unless your Role PM states otherwise.

2. No faking or quoting of mod communication.

3. No editing or deleting posts.

4. No ciphers, code, metadata or other similar encryption devices. This includes liking posts after death.

5. One "bah" post is allowed after death.

6. A (no) lynch will occur when a majority of bolded votes is reached. Twilight starts after hammer.

7. Deadline extensions may be granted due to unexpected events. Days generally last six real life days or until a lynch.

8. Post at least once every 48 hours, (24 hours preferably), or you will receive a mod vote for the day. Multiple instances of this may result in forced replacement or modkill at my discretion. Modvotes cannot kill alone.

9. Modkills will end Day only for town-aligned players.

10. Failure to send in action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.

11. Failure by Mafia to send in their nightly kill will cause the kill to be randomized.

12. Failure to adhere to any posting or role restrictions will result in a modvote. Modvotes cannot kill alone.

13. Have questions? PM me. Public ones? Ask in thread.

Voting and Lynching

1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example,vote: Ryker.

2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Gova.

3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.

4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.

5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. Twilight lasts as long as I feel like, or more realistically: as long as it takes me to find out a lynch has occurred. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.

6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase

1. Please do not post in Animal in the House Blue, 'das my color this game.

2. I confirm that all public mod-given information is strictly accurate.

3. I confirm the non-existence of the following roles: Survivor, Contract Hitman, Jester, Lyncher, Yakuza or alignment changing of any type

4. I don't confirm diddly else.

5. I'll straight up change these rules if I have to, because I hate you.

6. Have fun.

7. Little too much fun.

8. Okay more than that.

9. There you go.

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
[collapse=Alive and Dead Players (Spoilers)]
Alive:
1. Maven
2. Full Metal Lynch
3. Adumbrodeus
4. Detective Sherlock Hound Red Ryu

Dead:
Bardull: Marshmallow Person, Vanilla Town lynched day 1
Soup: George the Egg Lover, Town Tracker killed night 1
Kantrip: The Spirit of DDoS Attacks Future (Mafia) lynched day 2
Giraffelasergun: Horse Man, Vanilla Town killed night 2
Gorf: Paul the Llama, Town Neighbor modkilled day 3
Jexs: Carl the Llama, Town Popcap Vig lynched day 3
Zalak: Robot Ice-Cream Sandwich, Town Compulsive Roleblocker killed night 3
Gheb: The Spirit of Lives Present (Mafia) killed night 4
Kary: Zulway God of Mercy, Town Vigilante killed night 4
[/collapse]

Important Posts:
Day 1 Begins

Night 1 Begins

Night 2 Begins

Gorf is Modkilled (early Day 3)

Night 3 Begins

Night 4 Begins

Last edited:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I'm still game need to check with rake if hes still down to hydra
Edit:yeah hes game

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright, but just so you know I'm going to have no hydras until the game can actually fill since it was hard to get enough people last time. I'd much prefer if Rake could simply play as well. @ Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I'll note your intent to hydra if possible though.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Basically if you won't play except as a hydra of someone who is already playing that's fine I'll let you, but only once the game is full.

I highly encourage entering as a solo slot if at all you can.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I really like how Dietz is handling hydras.
I personally am not fond of them.

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ryu confirmed he can only play if he can hydra with Joey because of limited free time; in this case having them is better than having no one, so I'm adding them to the list.

Once Basic mafia starts to wind down Gheb expects to be able to join entirely instead of just replace and hopefully a few other folks will be able to join as well.

JeXs

Smash Champion
tbh im still thinking but im unsure if i want to join lol

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
tbh im still thinking but im unsure if i want to join lol
I understand, large games can be intimidating. And this one's flavor is intentionally bizzare

I intend for this to be a lighthearted game though, so if you think you can be active in it I'd encourage you to give it a go.

Last edited:

JeXs

Smash Champion
Nah I'm definitely active enough :p Just not sure if I want to play lol

Top Bottom