• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Games Mafia Over: Dgames Doomed

Maven89

Smash Master
Me and Gheb are neighbors, started the game that way, no other information. The conversation has been Gheb saying "we're neighbors :3", I told him to get his posts off my lawn, he was confused, I said "we're neighbors so I'm telling you to get stuff off my lawn", he made an annoyed face and asked me for my reads during the outage. I didn't respond. That's all there was.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
What would we get from discussing thebouttage? Its clearly an antitown role,discussing it isn't likely to pin down whodunit, i don't see a net gain from it

Maven89

Smash Master
Well I'm going to go watch a show now but I'm planning on going back and seeing who was being pushed the hardest and what changed the most, who tried to get the most out of it. Who won who lost on an individual level.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Just going to point out Gheb was in that game so I'm not sure what that line is supposed to mean

Other then that, at the point I am when writing this (page 6), I do not see where the "obvtown" reading on Zalak is coming from. I'm more suspicious of Adumbrodeus for pushing that idea

and from this line just afterwards I'm starting to scum-read Kary. He's coming off incredibly catty and largely just trying to bat at other people who take shots at him while largely avoiding everything else. Then this line

is just full of awkwardness. What is this even supposed to mean? He doesn't care because if he cared he'd be scum? Did I miss a trend where people change human nature to fit mafia games? If someone insults me in these games I care, because I'm a person.

At the same point I think he brought up really good points about the Rake/Orbo slot earlier on (not going to go find the quote, the one where he immediately scum read them), so atm while reading I'm still piecing this out.

None of this post is accurate, etiher in him repeating Adum's claim or him insisting Gheb was slowing the game. There were way better choices to vote with that reasoning then Gheb. Like me

The town benefit is not writing Zalak off and keeping him under a spotlight. Way way too often here players will be read town early on and coast on that the entire game. I've seen that happen, I know you've seen that happen. Stopping a town-read bandwagon so early on isn't indicative of anything.

When I started reading this I disagreed but at the end I think Gheb made a good point. I don't agree as strongly as he does.

And now I don't like it. Now it really does seem like dodging.

Adum's overall post here against Kantrip was good, just taking this line to say that Kantrip does have a flair for the dramatic.

Also I'm noticing the more vicious a person is the most I want them lynched, so that might be bias on my part against Kary.

I like this post

With this post I'm not reading Kary as scum anymore.

I find it odd that Adum would just so easily accept Gheb saying "not maven" and roll with it.

At this point I started to skim the thread, because it became clear the posts were rushed and panicy and everyone tried to get a lynch in, nothing really caught my eye from there until Bardull was lynched. can't really make much of any of that, deadlines are deadlines If there's something people find relevant here point it out to me.

And..that's basically it.

Reads are as follows

Zalak - town
Kary - slight town lead
Adum - scum lean
Kantrip - scum lean

Then there's FML,I admit I've had real difficulty reading his posts. Spelling errors and ramblings. I don't like how he's fallen under the radar

I really don't like Adum's posts, and I haven't seen anything from Gheb to make me think he's scummier then normal Gheb play. If it wasn't for my scummy reads on the people pushing Gheb I'd be more on board with it, because I've seen nothing townie from him.

Leaning with Adum's lynch because in the end I find his reasoning bad. But that whole push has been built up into Adum vs Gheb, and I can easily see the possibility that it's Gheb scum and Adum town with reasoning I don't agree with. Unless there's more scum from Abdum or more town from Gheb then I'm going to be holding off.

Yeah I'm back fully active mode from now on, feel free to comment on anything I said I'll respond now

Overall, my reads went from Adum scum to slight scum, Kary slight scum to slight town, Gheb from null to uncomfortable null. Zalak is just a town read and comfortably sitting at that.

Lol at Soup doing another odd choice in a Jdietz run game. I was half expecting him to be behind the outage (which, btw, why the **** did no one talk about that?)

Actually, yeah. Lets talk about that outage. Anti town role must have done that, because stealing conversation away only helps them. And it was timed to leave very little time left to decide on a vote. That's suspicious and I'm wondering why no one ever even asked about it
You forgot me.

Maven89

Smash Master
Thinking on it it's way too likely they did the outage mechanically so there'd be no way to piece something together

Hex give me something to talk about

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm currently in the process of reading up a couple of things.

Kary, can you summarize what it was that made you read FML as scum yesterDay?

:059:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Actually, yeah. Lets talk about that outage. Anti town role must have done that, because stealing conversation away only helps them. And it was timed to leave very little time left to decide on a vote. That's suspicious and I'm wondering why no one ever even asked about it
I think there are too many different possibilities to be able to draw any useful information from it.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm currently in the process of reading up a couple of things.

Kary, can you summarize what it was that made you read FML as scum yesterDay?
I really explained the vote at the time I made it. Let me expand a little bit.

The reason for reading FML as scum is because they show no evidence of looking for scum. Their play is reactive, they respond to things other players do, but they don't take the initiative. For instance, I called FML out as not having any direction, then it takes them two pages to eventually vote Kantrip- a vote for which the reasoning is "i just feel intuitively like he's the right direction." Compare how much they have posted this game, with how much they have actually done, and it leaves a lot to be desired.

Whether they are just town and being lazy and unfocused, I don't know yet. They have a couple interesting posts from after our hiatus that I haven't really evaluated.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
For what it's worth, after reading up [specifically the pages ~12-17] I don't think FML deserves any kind of pro-town credit for these "interesting posts" that I believe you're probably referring to. For a moment it started to look like him and Zalak were trying to swing the lynch towards soup which looks kinda bad in retrospect. I don't think soup's justification for joining the Bardull wagon was actually that far off the truth and at least he commited to a clear stance on the slot rather than just sheeping the inactive idea like pretty much everybody else did. Especially after Bardull claimed to be essentially Vanilla there wasn't much of a point in looking elsewhere. FML could very well be scum and I think people seriously need to start reconsider their obvtown reads on Zalak.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
For what it's worth, after reading up [specifically the pages ~12-17] I don't think FML deserves any kind of pro-town credit for these "interesting posts" that I believe you're probably referring to. For a moment it started to look like him and Zalak were trying to swing the lynch towards soup which looks kinda bad in retrospect. I don't think soup's justification for joining the Bardull wagon was actually that far off the truth and at least he commited to a clear stance on the slot rather than just sheeping the inactive idea like pretty much everybody else did. Especially after Bardull claimed to be essentially Vanilla there wasn't much of a point in looking elsewhere. FML could very well be scum and I think people seriously need to start reconsider their obvtown reads on Zalak.
I don't need to evaluate FML to see if they're pro-town, I need to evaluate to see if they're town. Big difference.

I still don't understand your claim and subsequent disappearance yesterDay, or why you're fielding opinions on FML/Zalak when I thought you were certain on Kantrip.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I voted for Soup, because when the pressure was on, he acted really dramatic and almost TOO worried, which is kind of how I acted in my one and only scum game.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

1. Maven [1] - FML
2. Full Metal Lynch
3. Zalak
4. Gorf
5. Adumbrodeus
6. Kary
7. Detective Sherlock Hound
8. Jexs [1] - Kary
9. JaytheUnseen [1] - Zalak
10. Gheb [1] - Adumbrodeus
11. Kantrip

Not Voting: Maven, Gorf, Sherlock, Jexs, JaytheUnseen, Gheb, Kantrip

Deadline is Midnight CST Saturday the 30th!

Fwiw i only postulated that because kary asked me to look at it.
@ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 can we get some replacements or something?

JaytheUnseen has been prodded. No one else has earned a prod or replacement toDay.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So because I think Kantrip is scum I'm not allowed to look at other options now?
I didn't say that, and you know it.

I said I don't understand it, which shouldn't come as a surprise given you barely explain anything at all.

You don't have to be this difficult, you know?

FullMetalLynch

Since Maven posted, I may as well mention this now.

This post I made yesterDay about liking Maven less after Gheb's claim was basically just some weaksauce reasoning I posted because I felt like Gheb-Maven might actually be masons. I was trying to wrap my head around why Gheb would want to dissuade a Maven lynch if he's just an inactive neighbour, and I guessed maybe they were masons but obviously didn't want to claim that for fear of a bullet. Obviously, if they were masons, I didn't want to spill the beans either.

Since they've both posted toDay and there aren't any revelations, I'm shelving the theory. If they are masons I want to know now, not in Lylo, but I doubt it at this point. It seems a lot more likely that Gheb's just playing silly buggers, and doesn't have a good (town) reason for claiming yesterDay / 'defending' Maven.
i have one

vote gheb

he has (or someone does) some splaining to do

FullMetalLynch

wtf. where did you get soup from. Did you literally not read our posts at all

FullMetalLynch

gheb, is there anything you didnt mention about your role, that you wanna mention ?

Maven89

Smash Master
And are you going to come up with a single reason why it would benefit the town for me to post my role in the thread?

Something tells me the answer to that is going to be a dead no

So, no.

But justify your question anyways, please

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Yeah. You're a claimed neighbour.

Your flavor is 'lonely kid in the corner with no-one to talk to' - I call bull****.

Do you seriously think that scum have some role that gets more powerful by knowing the name of your role? Or are you just being difficult here for the ****ing sake of it?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
maven can go after gheb. slots a waste of air and probably scum also
Ewww, FML definitely scum here for lining up mad mislynches. His reads also have been bull pretty much all game and I don't think he's ever actually pushed anything all game. Considering the amount of irrelevant stuff you've posted you're not in a situation to call anybdy a "waste of air" in the first place.

I thought I saw some of myself in Soup :072:
Still not a convincing case ... at all.

JeXs

Smash Champion
@ Maven89 Maven89
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~
Do you have any other powers outside of your communication? You don't have to claim what it is, just a yes or no answer.

FullMetalLynch

Ewww, FML definitely scum here for lining up mad mislynches. His reads also have been bull pretty much all game and I don't think he's ever actually pushed anything all game. Considering the amount of irrelevant stuff you've posted you're not in a situation to call anybdy a "waste of air" in the first place.

Still not a convincing case ... at all.

Says the guy who's total impact on the game right now is "don't lynch maven"

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So here's where I'm currently at: FML and Kantrip are scum in my book and I haven't seen anything that makes me doubt that these two could be mates. If FML actually thought I was scum he'd have pushed me yesterDay when there was a legit chance that I could get lynched. The 3rd scumbag would probably some sleeper slot like Gorf or Jexs or adum or I don't know who.

So Maven is definitely town, now, huh?
No but I still insist that he tried to discredit soup yesterDay with the potential lookout at a mislynch [or at least +1 claim] and he's saying Maven after Gheb which is one more mislynch at the very least.

And fwiw, Maven has been active enough toDay that better reasoning is needed to lynch him than just continuisly pull the inactivity card on him. Seriously, FML's entire play is one huge cop-out to avoid accountability for just about everything that'S going on.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@ Maven89 Maven89
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~
Do you have any other powers outside of your communication? You don't have to claim what it is, just a yes or no answer.
I don't see why this is of interest to you. Maybe I have additional powers, maybe I don't. That shouldn't affect your reads imo.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I don't see why this is of interest to you. Maybe I have additional powers, maybe I don't. That shouldn't affect your reads imo.

It does help me though. You being difficult will however, not help.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There's a difference between "being unhelpful" and "not claiming when a slot not worth of trust asks you to".

Top Bottom