• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Games Mafia Over: Dgames Doomed

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
EBWOP: But that doesn't mean that waiting to vocalize it til it was "safe" stinks any less, nor does the 180 degree switch he made on the topic when confronted on it.
What if it were a scenario where he failed to read the thread when stating that, and then read the thread and understood why you were saying what you were?

The case regarding Gorf reads to me as such: Gorf has seen Zalak play and assumed that people were giving him a noob town card as he was skimming, so he made a post stating that we shouldn't do that as he's better than most newer players seem to be. However, after reading the thread, he made the realization that you had legitimate reasoning for reading him, so he now is agreeing with you.

I understand that you're reading the scenario differently than I am, and while I see where you're coming from, I can't really agree with you in this specific scenario. I suppose we will have to agree to disagree in this case.

Rake is (or at least, was) bad at lying. In saying 'sshhhhhh' he clearly avoids mentioning his own alignment.

also it's RVS

FML had garbage direction, so much that their eventual reason for voting Kantrip was "i just feel intuitively like he's the right direction."

Also you can't blame me for Zalak's vote. It is weird and I am aware of it.
Would you mind to elaborate where this push went from being RVS into becoming a potential lynch? I'm failing to see where this change took place. I'm assuming that the first two posts I quoted were RVS?

I don't blame you for Zalak's votes, but I don't like the way you were responding to him with his voting pattern taking place (especially if I was correct in the assumption that he voted Kantrip with you, meaning he would have been following you literally the entire game). Considering how I was wrong on that and he explained himself, it's not anything worthy of discussing at all, though. I apologize for being confusing.

At the time I made that big post, I was under the belief that Gheb would respond to things and go into his helping town mode once he realized that people were making a poor case on him based on misinterpreted thoughts.

#thedreamisdead

Gorf and gheb need more votes, one of them should die toDay.

disliking kantrip more and more, he doesn't seem to understand the mechanics of why what gheb is doing is scummy and seems to just be trying to take the helm of a popular wagon, unsure exactly what his purpose is. Could be just playing mechanically but that doesn't make sense with his seeming desire to be perceived as being at the helm of it. Need to let this exchange percolate more.

Gheb and gorf are still worse though.
I'm unsure how you came to this conclusion. Especially after you consider the fact that he only went in depth due to Soup failing to understand what he meant by "typical Gheb". You're implying that it was his goal to take charge in the wagon, yet his intent seems to be exactly the opposite? Even if he doesn't have the right reasons regardless of if he wants to take charge or not (I agreed with Kantrip more than anyone else on Gheb and Zalak, so this is not my opinion personally), how is this scummy? Do you think his argument isn't sincere because it's mechanically incorrect (in your opinion)?

sweet baby jesus SURELY this is the joey half of the hydra, right? Why do people keep calling it Ruy?

@ Detective Sherlock Hound Detective Sherlock Hound
This is indeed Joey if it matters. I'm sorry if I offended you or if my typing habits are weird.

It's also quite ridiculous how Kantrip essentially blackmails Jay.

"What, you disagree with my case on Gheb?!? YOU'RE SCUM!"

"Oh wait, you don't actuallydisagree with my case on Gheb lol sorry! OBVTOWN!"

**** outta here.

:059:
I fail to see how Kantrip handling that scenario the way he did is considered weird.

My interpretation: Jay disagreed with your lack of reasoning for your vote, Jay then was glad you gave reasoning (regardless of his opinion of it). The fact that he went from saying he was angry with your vote to liking it looked very suspicious if you miss any details (which Kantrip did), so Kantrip called him out on it. Afterwards, Kantrip realized his mistake (thanks to Jay pointing it out), so his thoughts on Jay naturally changed.

If I misinterpreted something, feel free to correct me.

Unvote

I really like Kary's recent posts.

I would like for Gheb to either confirm or deconfirm my thoughts on why he didn't want people auto-town reading Zalak. It's really difficult to read him when a third (at least) of the stuff against him could be cleared up just by him not being so unhelpful to town.

I'm gonna go play games for a bit. I'll post more thoughts/answer questions later.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Not liking soup. His push on Kantrip seems like he is simply tunneling on him to get an easy lynch. I don't think he's actually considering the fact that the one he's pushing for is Kantrip.
Kantrip's reasoning is so far-fetched and shallow that I refuse to believe for his own credential that he would make it as town.
This is his reasoning for pushing Kantrip, something that even I, can see that it's not exactly out of line for Kantrip. Soup, who definitely has way more experience than me on Kantrip's meta, should be able to see this. Something else that concerns me is that soup did this exact same thing in Blazblue mafia, where he, as scum, tried to push for Kantrip early on. I feel like he's doing the exact same thing here, going for Kantrip, an easy target, to get a lynch. I highly doubt that he's actually trying to read Kantrip.
vote soup

Also, Jay looks weird to me, but I can't really put my finger on it, I will probably have to see more.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
No, there's more than that. Please read further.

I'm not going to bother with you trying to compare two different games if isn't synonymous with my play by any means. I've pushed Kantrip as both town and scum, you're making a moot point. Once you're done getting the full picture, come back and we'll talk.

JeXs

Smash Champion
You're not looking at him as a player, rather, just his actions with no consideration of him.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
What if it were a scenario where he failed to read the thread when stating that, and then read the thread and understood why you were saying what you were?

The case regarding Gorf reads to me as such: Gorf has seen Zalak play and assumed that people were giving him a noob town card as he was skimming, so he made a post stating that we shouldn't do that as he's better than most newer players seem to be. However, after reading the thread, he made the realization that you had legitimate reasoning for reading him, so he now is agreeing with you.

I understand that you're reading the scenario differently than I am, and while I see where you're coming from, I can't really agree with you in this specific scenario. I suppose we will have to agree to disagree in this case.
In which case sheeping him without having read the game still reads scummy and it gives substantial extrinsic benefits to scum, even in that scenario I don't like it but it's not as disagreeable.

I'm unsure how you came to this conclusion. Especially after you consider the fact that he only went in depth due to Soup failing to understand what he meant by "typical Gheb". You're implying that it was his goal to take charge in the wagon, yet his intent seems to be exactly the opposite? Even if he doesn't have the right reasons regardless of if he wants to take charge or not (I agreed with Kantrip more than anyone else on Gheb and Zalak, so this is not my opinion personally), how is this scummy? Do you think his argument isn't sincere because it's mechanically incorrect (in your opinion)?
I think he was surprised by the popularity of the wagon after the fact, looking like he was leading a gheb wagon would be a strong defense for him if gheb flipped or vice versa, but he didn't expect the wagon to gain as much steam as it did, but at that point he couldn't leave or it would look terrible.

As for why, I don't think he thinks it is, I can see him reaching to try to make a case. Read his case post again, do you really think he believes that armchair critiquing is worthy of this hyperaggressive push?

#HBC | ѕoup

You're not looking at him as a player, rather, just his actions with no consideration of him.
That doesn't answer me. Read what I've said about his play, and why I'm voting him. Do you disagree with my reasoning? Yes/No?

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Adum and sherlock are good, but I'd like to know sherlocks opinion of adum and soup, and jexy on almost anyone

#HBC | ѕoup

Humor me What does Kantrip as a player matter in regard to my reasoning?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer

"AUUUGH, What's happening!?"

"Oh god no. Not this again... It's- Ț̥ ͍̤i̶͇͚̱̱͕e̜̱̼̤̬̼n͚v̰͓͖͞h̫̞̥o̧̮̫͈ͅḵ̗͉̣̰e̲̠̜ ͉̳͈͕͚̹̕ͅt͏̘̥̬......"

*Silence*

There seems to have been some sort of temporary blackout! We've got the service provider on it, but it's going to be about 48 hours until they can ensure everything is up and running again!

Thread is locked as if it were night phase until 2:00AM CST Thursday Morning! Deadline for the day is pushed back until 2:00AM Friday CST to compensate

No Talking!

[collapse=Votecount]
With 13 Alive it takes 7 to lynch:

1. Maven
2. Full Metal Lynch [2] - Kary, Gorf
3. Zalak
4. Gorf
5. BarD
6. Adumbrodeus
7. Kary
8. Soup [1] - Jexs
9. Detective Sherlock Hound
10. Jexs
11. JaytheUnseen
12. Gheb [3] - Kantrip, Zalak, Adumbrodeus
13. Kantrip [3] - FML, Soup, Gheb

Not Voting: Maven, BarD, Jay, Detective

Deadline is 2:00AM CST Friday the 22nd
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer

"-re you sure? I could have sworn it was green to firewall and red to server but- OH HEY HEY! No no, that did it, you were right."

HEY FOLKS WE'RE BACK!

So so sorry about that server malfunction, we're still not sure what happened. But Support has ensured us that whatever it was it won't happen again. And hey, they even threw in some extra backup space on the side for our trouble, so this puppy should be even beefier than ever now. Why I'd say with the extra space we won't need to take it offline once a week for backups anymore!

From now on: Day Phase Deadlines are 7 days instead of 6.

...you might want to get cracking though. All we could find room for in the budget was one extra day at such short notice, so that's all you'll get toDay!

Day resumes!
With 13 Alive it takes 7 to lynch:

1. Maven
2. Full Metal Lynch [2] - Kary, Gorf
3. Zalak
4. Gorf
5. BarD
6. Adumbrodeus
7. Kary
8. Soup [1] - Jexs
9. Detective Sherlock Hound
10. Jexs
11. JaytheUnseen
12. Gheb [3] - Kantrip, Zalak, Adumbrodeus
13. Kantrip [3] - FML, Soup, Gheb

Not Voting: Maven, BarD, Jay, Detective

Deadline is 2:00AM CST Friday the 22nd

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I just waited two whole days and no-one had the decency to die.

Also, the deadline got pushed back two whole hours? Nice.

By my math we have less than 24 hours, so it's time to hustle. Personally considering a Gheb lynch, or maybe just an inactive, e.g. Maven.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Would you mind to elaborate where this push went from being RVS into becoming a potential lynch? I'm failing to see where this change took place. I'm assuming that the first two posts I quoted were RVS?
I was considering FML as a potential lynch at that point in the game. The vote is serious, but was obviously based off of stuff that happened in early game (i.e. RVS) that is open to interpretation. So, there wasn't really a change that took place- I was making the best vote I could in that situation.

Obviously, since then, a bunch of stuff has happened. In my opinion FML's play has not really changed for better or worse, so they can go on the backburner while we look at other things that have more obvious lines of enquiry.

#thedreamisdead
RIP the dream

This is indeed Joey if it matters. I'm sorry if I offended you or if my typing habits are weird.
No, don't be silly. I'm happy to see you posting. :)

I mention it because I see posts like this:
ryu i think you're overthinking on zalak but i'll think abpout what you ssaid.

also ryu's town
and I am suspicious of someone coming to a read on your slot, while not being able to tell which head is posting.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What of it?

Why not maven? Who did you have in mind?
I was thinking about somebody like Bardull though, I don't remember Jexs and DSH doing a whole lot either. However, Kantrip is still my #1 target and I'd put all my focus on him if it weren't for the fact that time is running out. At this point you gotta be pragmatic though and accept that there are limits to things now.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
What of it?
For starters, you haven't explained:
Why did it take Kantrip accusing you to become active? That's the only thing I don't get. What were you waiting on?
And I would also like some response to why you're being a massive hypocrite in the things you accuse Kantrip of, i.e.:

The point is that if he were a scumhunting townie he'd be interested in making his post easy to respond to, right? Because as a townie who wants to win this game he'd have to take certain things into consideration - most importantly that he could simply be wrong. He'd want me to have a fair chance to respond so he can find out whether I'm scum or not.

Why does his post not reflect any of that? He's not trying to find out anything. From the very beginning of his case he's operating under the assumption that I must be scum and cares neither to give me a fair chance to respond, nor to find other ways to interpret my play. It's one-sided and has a clear aim - not to find scum ut to specifically paint me as scum no matter what. What kind of townie would do that?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I was thinking about somebody like Bardull though, I don't remember Jexs and DSH doing a whole lot either. However, Kantrip is still my #1 target and I'd put all my focus on him if it weren't for the fact that time is running out. At this point you gotta be pragmatic though and accept that there are limits to things now.
This doesn't explain why you would be of the opinion 'not Maven'.

In fact, barring some role shenanigans, I see zero reason why anyone would want an inactive, but 'not Maven'.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't see where you're coming from when you claim that I only became active when Kantrip started to attack me. That's not actually the case and if it were the case then it probably would have been coincidence - I don't usually wait for somebody to attack me just to be active.

Your "hypocrite" accusation makes no sense and I have no idea hat you are thinking. You can't just take my accusation out of context and treat it as one and the same. Me pushing Kantripis a reaction to his accusation.

In fact, barring some role shenanigans, I see zero reason why anyone would want an inactive, but 'not Maven'.

Kantrip

Kantplay
If we have to resort to an inactive fallback lynch we should lynch maven just because gheb doesn't want to.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I don't see where you're coming from when you claim that I only became active when Kantrip started to attack me. That's not actually the case and if it were the case then it probably would have been coincidence - I don't usually wait for somebody to attack me just to be active.

Your "hypocrite" accusation makes no sense and I have no idea hat you are thinking. You can't just take my accusation out of context and treat it as one and the same. Me pushing Kantripis a reaction to his accusation.
Ok, whatever.

How % sure are you on Kantrip scum, and who's your #2 pick after him?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm 76.635% sure Kantrip is scum.

My #2 pick would probably be Bardull though I'm not a big fan of adum's play. I guess I could also live with a lynch of Jexs just because I feel he hasn't done anything. I think either Kantrip or inactive aka Jexs/Bardull would make a good lynch.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Vote: BarD

We really don't have time to argue over a lynch at this point, it'll take two less then everyone currently voting in the thread. Bardull has done pretty much nothing in the thread so he's a fine compromise lynch. Needing consent of my number one suspect sucks, but nobody's disagreed with the bardull lynch so far and with a town this inactive it's necessary.

Everyone Vote Bardull!

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I would be so much more sure about Kantrip were it not for Gheb's push on him. Then again, even if Gheb IS scum, they could still be scumbuddies, trying to trick us into thinking they're having a SvT showdown.

Also, Kantrip is right. Gheb's defense of Maven is super suspicious. His pool of people he's willing to lynch is pretty large. I think it includes every inactive player, EXCEPT FOR MAVEN.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
BarD is not my number one target right now, but I'll vote with you if you get enough support.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
BarD is not my number one target right now, but I'll vote with you if you get enough support.
Any lynch is better then a no lynch, town is too inactive we need a lynch NOW otherwise we're no lynching today. Vote BarD.

Do you really think we can grab anything better in less then 11 hours? With this town?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Honestly, I don't, but I think there's a small possibility, so I'm at least going to wait a few more minutes to see if anyone else has anything important to say.

Don't worry, I'm like 80% sure I'll be voting for BarD

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
@ JeXs JeXs I fail to see how Soup can be categorized as a slot that is voting for Kantrip without considering his meta. Soup has been discussing his meta the entire game, and very recently decided that he was scummy regardless of his meta. It's really obvious through his play that he feels this way. If you would be so kind as to re-read his earlier posts where he was town-meta reading him and then around pages 5-6 (40 PPP) as well you can see where he shifted from town meta reading him to backing down towards a null/slight scum lean.

I can agree with your conclusion that Soup is going after an easy target at this point, but I do not agree with your idea that he isn't thinking about Soup's meta.

@ FullMetalLynch FullMetalLynch I'm quite fond of Adum. However, I simply can not agree with his reads because he has way more of a mechanical approach to the game than anyone else I've seen (his Gorf read, for example, is entirely mechanical in my opinion, while we all know that Gorf is expected to do these types of things, which is way that wagon in particular is not picking up steam).

I think Soup may be scum to be quite honest.

My main thoughts on @ #HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup scum are the following:

1) His play with Kantrip in general is weird. 80% of his game so far is him slowly transitioning from Kantrip Meta town to Kantrip Scum, with a point in the middle where he literally asks people if they agree with him being scum. There has been very little from him since the early game aside from his points on Kantrip

2) This post.

In what way of 'classic Gheb' is somehow telling of Gheb to be scum in your eyes? There was no thought process put behind your words, and I don't understand how he was 'slowing the game down' by stating his opinion on Zalak. It really seemed to me like you were bull****ting for that reason alone because I felt like I was just reading baseless conjecture in that whole post. You didn't even try to reason with Gheb, nor question him. You instantly made a call one two lines and that's just shoddy play on your part as either alignment because it shows to me that you don't care of figuring out his intentions, rather you just wanted a poor excuse to vote.
There is a severe lack of logic in this post altogether. Everyone in here that has played more than one game with Gheb (specifically one where he had an anti-town mentality) knows that Classic Gheb means the following:

1. Generally anti-town. (check)
2. Lack of reasoning behind his statements. (check)
3. Insulting for no reasoning behind it and while being useless to town. (check)
4. Shuts down other people's opinions without putting out legitimate alternatives with reasoning. (check)
5. Doesn't respond to people at all unless it's with insults and general statements. (check)

Soup knows this (unless he somehow forgot?). Kantrip falls into the category of people that knows this.

The idea of Soup attacking Kantrip for not "trying to reason with or question Gheb" is mind boggling to me considering how Gheb is as a player. He wouldn't respond to that ****. He'd call him dumb and that's the end. It would be optimism to expect anything else from him considering how they felt his slot was playing and Gheb's past as a player.

For newer players, this is the perfect recent example of stereotypical anti-town Gheb

Which Gheb responds to with:

Completely anti-town by ignoring a legitimate question altogether especially when no reasoning has been posted against it (especially since Maven would be one of two top inactive picks for a lynch).

At this point, it's obvious that Soup is tunneling Kantrip hard today (if it wasn't obvious already), and his post regarding Kantrip's long explanation of Classic Gheb is very subpar.

This is also the main reason behind why I'm severely against anyone jumping on Kantrip for making his explanation post. He already stated why he was voting Gheb when he stated "Classic Gheb" as reasoning. His longer post was just classic Gheb further defined.

I would like Soup to respond to my thoughts on his slot.

Uhh... What?

Why are you suggesting that myself and JeXs are inactive when there are multiple slots that have been less active in this part of the game? (Soup, Gorf, Bardull, Maven) I understand if you want to lynch either of us because you view us as useless, but categorizing us as an inactive lynch is simply incorrect.

If we go for an inactive, I'd highly prefer to lynch the one that has literally shown no interest in the game versus the one that has been busy with college/smash but has still posted in the thread.

Vote: Maven

Adum why are you not voting Maven considering this? Why is anyone not wanting to lynch the most inactive player if we're going for an inactive lynch?

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
EBWOP: "I can agree with your conclusion that Soup is going after an easy target at this point, but I do not agree with your idea that he isn't thinking about Soup's Kantrip's meta."

Top Bottom