• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Games Mafia Over: Dgames Doomed

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Gorf and gheb need more votes, one of them should die toDay.

disliking kantrip more and more, he doesn't seem to understand the mechanics of why what gheb is doing is scummy and seems to just be trying to take the helm of a popular wagon, unsure exactly what his purpose is. Could be just playing mechanically but that doesn't make sense with his seeming desire to be perceived as being at the helm of it. Need to let this exchange percolate more.

Gheb and gorf are still worse though.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
It may be difficult to respond to, but not impossible. He has a point in saying that it wasn't too town of you to say no one should have a mildly strong read on Zalak. There was decent content at that time.
I don't like Gheb right now, but even I can see you're twisting his words and exaggerating that situation. Adum said EVERYONE should be townreading me, and was pretty much 100% certain I was town. That's not a mildly strong read.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I don't like Gheb right now, but even I can see you're twisting his words and exaggerating that situation. Adum said EVERYONE should be townreading me, and was pretty much 100% certain I was town. That's not a mildly strong read.
My bad in that case. But, really...is not such a bold attitude commonly seen here? I can honestly see Gheb saying the exact same thing.

Kantrip

Kantplay
... just look at the way he presents his case. It's not about finding scum, it's solely about throwing dirt at a player of his choosing in order to get a mislynch in [in this case on me]. Nowhere does he attempt to see things from a different angle or question anything about what he's saying that could be wrong/misinformed/misunderstood. From the beginning to the end the whole posts aims at destroying his target without even considering that his thought process could be even slightly off. No townie does that, certainly not on Day 1, certainly not with so little information at hand. It's completely destructive and has precisely nothing to do with scumhunting.

:059:
That's great and all, but how about addressing what I actually said about you? This OMGUS and trying to discredit my vote by saying I'm not trying to find scum isn't helping to convince me my points against you are incorrect.
Thank you. I have no issue with your vote now.
Is that really all it takes to sway you? You're okay as long as people provide "reasons," even if those reasons are terrible?
Yes. I'm not satisfied entirely, only with why he is voting. I don't agree with the vote, yet.
This is pretty bad. Not sure why Jay is letting Gheb off the hook if he doesn't agree with the reasoning. It looks like a set up where Jay asked Gheb a question and would have been "content" with anything as long as Gheb answered him. Doesn't seem like Jay really cared about reading into the response. On top of that he qualifies his post by adding "yet" as if he is planning on agreeing with Gheb's vote on me further down the road. Dislike.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
That's great and all, but how about addressing what I actually said about you? This OMGUS and trying to discredit my vote by saying I'm not trying to find scum isn't helping to convince me my points against you are incorrect.

Is that really all it takes to sway you? You're okay as long as people provide "reasons," even if those reasons are terrible?

This is pretty bad. Not sure why Jay is letting Gheb off the hook if he doesn't agree with the reasoning. It looks like a set up where Jay asked Gheb a question and would have been "content" with anything as long as Gheb answered him. Doesn't seem like Jay really cared about reading into the response. On top of that he qualifies his post by adding "yet" as if he is planning on agreeing with Gheb's vote on me further down the road. Dislike.
Don't jump on me too fast. I didn't commit to anything. I'm not convinced by Gheb. I'm not convinced by you, either. Albeit I'm leaning towards your side.

Kantrip

Kantplay

disliking kantrip more and more, he doesn't seem to understand the mechanics of why what gheb is doing is scummy and seems to just be trying to take the helm of a popular wagon, unsure exactly what his purpose is. Could be just playing mechanically but that doesn't make sense with his seeming desire to be perceived as being at the helm of it. Need to let this exchange percolate more.

Gheb and gorf are still worse though.
What are the mechanics of why what gheb is doing is scummy, then? And when have I given the impression that I want to be seen as the helm of the wagon?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Don't jump on me too fast. I didn't commit to anything. I'm not convinced by Gheb. I'm not convinced by you, either. Albeit I'm leaning towards your side.
THERE ARE NO SIDES, ONLY TRUTH :105:

In general, I think I like your content so far, but you're being very indecisive. That's understandable, but you've gotta make some decisions, and form some more solid opinions.
JAY, WHAT ARE YOUR READS SO FAR? :013:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I believe I've stated them before, but for the sake of cohesive content, I will make a list.

Zalak - Town
Adum - Town Lean
Gorf - Slight Town Lean
Kantrip - Town Lean
Detective Hound - Town Lean

Kary - Slight Scum Lean
Gheb - Scum Lean

FML - Null

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay I think jumping down Jay's throat there was a bit hasty. I misunderstood his response to Gheb as being okay with Gheb because of his reasoning and his defense against me, but it seems he just wanted to get some sort of response to weigh the two sides and wasn't saying he was satisfied with the content itself.

Curious what soup has to say at this point.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It may be difficult to respond to, but not impossible.
The point is that if he were a scumhunting townie he'd be interested in making his post easy to respond to, right? Because as a townie who wants to win this game he'd have to take certain things into consideration - most importantly that he could simply be wrong. He'd want me to have a fair chance to respond so he can find out whether I'm scum or not.

Why does his post not reflect any of that? He's not trying to find out anything. From the very beginning of his case he's operating under the assumption that I must be scum and cares neither to give me a fair chance to respond, nor to find other ways to interpret my play. It's one-sided and has a clear aim - not to find scum ut to specifically paint me as scum no matter what. What kind of townie would do that?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Erg, forgot Soup on my list.
I believe I've stated them before, but for the sake of cohesive content, I will make a list.

Zalak - Town
Adum - Town Lean
Gorf - Slight Town Lean
Kantrip - Town Lean
Detective Hound - Town Lean

Kary - Slight Scum Lean
Gheb - Scum Lean

FML - Null
Soup - Null

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's also quite ridiculous how Kantrip essentially blackmails Jay.

"What, you disagree with my case on Gheb?!? YOU'RE SCUM!"

"Oh wait, you don't actuallydisagree with my case on Gheb lol sorry! OBVTOWN!"

**** outta here.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

**** outta here.

I was thinking about pointing that out. It was a hasty bit of work there.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
What are the mechanics of why what gheb is doing is scummy, then?

And when have I given the impression that I want to be seen as the helm of the wagon?
My 340 explains it, you are hanging your hat on armchair criticism and lack of content and opinions which don't seem like enough to justify the fervor that you're going after him. Even the way your 323 reads it seems like you're grasping for more ammo and trying to twist things to be as damning as possible. You seem to have already had your conclusion and were looking for reasons to justify it.

The strength of your condemnation when you clearly are grasping and the way you set up your 323 is why it looks like you're trying to be perceived as leading the wagon. I mean come on, you even put his picture on top, like it's supposed to be an official indictment.

Kantrip

Kantplay
The point is that if he were a scumhunting townie he'd be interested in making his post easy to respond to, right? Because as a townie who wants to win this game he'd have to take certain things into consideration - most importantly that he could simply be wrong. He'd want me to have a fair chance to respond so he can find out whether I'm scum or not.

Why does his post not reflect any of that? He's not trying to find out anything. From the very beginning of his case he's operating under the assumption that I must be scum and cares neither to give me a fair chance to respond, nor to find other ways to interpret my play. It's one-sided and has a clear aim - not to find scum ut to specifically paint me as scum no matter what. What kind of townie would do that?

As far as what you've done so far, there is no other interpretation of your play. There's no room to respond to an accusation that your content has been lacking because it has. That's a fact. If you feel like I gave you no room to respond, that's because there isn't room to respond, but it's your own fault not mine. The point you could address is perhaps explaining why exactly you believe having a read on Zalak was unreasonable when you posted saying as much. I don't think there's any explanation for saying something like that if you had actually been reading the thread, but you could at least clarify that instead of OMGUSing me.

Kantrip

Kantplay

**** outta here.

Stop with the ridiculous exaggeration. I have never called Jay obvtown. You're being obnoxious.

Kantrip

Kantplay
To clarify, I initially took "I have no issue with your vote now" to mean Jay thought Gheb's reasoning was sound. It clearly isn't, so if that was what Jay meant then that would have warranted suspicion.

After he responded and I reread the exchange, I realized he only meant that he was happy with Gheb's vote since he provided reasoning and wasn't speaking for the reasoning itself.

This isn't even related to my case on Gheb.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It is pathetic that your entire play toDay has revolved around you calling Zalak obvtown. Some people object to your claim, and now they're your lynchpool. Your arguments in #340 are garbage-tier and you just expect people to agree with you?

Like, I thought you were halfway decent at mafia.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
How can you have a case alone on two-three lines of content? You're cherrypicking and writing long-winded paragraphs of explanation to make it seem like you thought about it, even when your decision was apparently made because he was again, playing like 'Glassic gheb.' I hate it to tell you but your whole case is an exact example of Reaching.

@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus

Kantrip/Gheb aren't a team. Decide on one today.

Kantrip

Kantplay
My 340 explains it, you are hanging your hat on armchair criticism and lack of content and opinions which don't seem like enough to justify the fervor that you're going after him. Even the way your 323 reads it seems like you're grasping for more ammo and trying to twist things to be as damning as possible. You seem to have already had your conclusion and were looking for reasons to justify it.

The strength of your condemnation when you clearly are grasping and the way you set up your 323 is why it looks like you're trying to be perceived as leading the wagon. I mean come on, you even put his picture on top, like it's supposed to be an official indictment.
Yes that explains why scum would want to stop people from townreading other players, which is pretty obvious stuff. I don't think it needs to be explained in so much detail. Obviously the less players are seen as town the easier it will be to get mislynches for scum.

If it's just the format of my post that's throwing you and making you think I'm really passionate about this, then ignore that. I wanted to try something where whenever I fleshed out a stance on a player I used a format like that, it wasn't supposed to indicate that I was trying to start an official indictment or something. I only did it because soup was after me for a lack of reasoning for my vote.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Okay I think jumping down Jay's throat there was a bit hasty. I misunderstood his response to Gheb as being okay with Gheb because of his reasoning and his defense against me, but it seems he just wanted to get some sort of response to weigh the two sides and wasn't saying he was satisfied with the content itself.

Curious what soup has to say at this point.
this post -smacks- of being self-conscious in thread.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~

Why did it take Kantrip accusing you to become active? That's the only thing I don't get. What were you waiting on?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
How can you have a case alone on two-three lines of content? You're cherrypicking and writing long-winded paragraphs of explanation to make it seem like you thought about it, even when your decision was apparently made because he was again, playing like 'Glassic gheb.' I hate it to tell you but your whole case is an exact example of Reaching.

@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus

Kantrip/Gheb aren't a team. Decide on one today.
I disagree that they couldn't be a team but out of the two I'll take gheb and he's jumped on my priorities over gorf.

Vote: Gheb

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yes that explains why scum would want to stop people from townreading other players, which is pretty obvious stuff. I don't think it needs to be explained in so much detail. Obviously the less players are seen as town the easier it will be to get mislynches for scum.

If it's just the format of my post that's throwing you and making you think I'm really passionate about this, then ignore that. I wanted to try something where whenever I fleshed out a stance on a player I used a format like that, it wasn't supposed to indicate that I was trying to start an official indictment or something. I only did it because soup was after me for a lack of reasoning for my vote.
You went just as strong from the getgo, in which case all your post illustrated was you didn't have enough substance for such a strong stance.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@ Kantrip Kantrip how % sure are you on Gheb being scum, and who's your 2nd pick after him.
70%. FML
The hyperbole is real right now. #379 is just like, lel.

@ FullMetalLynch FullMetalLynch what do you think of Kanty/Gheb?
It's not hyperbole to say Gheb's content has been lacking and the things he has done have not helped the game progress. That doesn't mean there's no way he could be town, but there's no way his actions so far can be seen as pro-town.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It's not hyperbole to say Gheb's content has been lacking and the things he has done have not helped the game progress. That doesn't mean there's no way he could be town, but there's no way his actions so far can be seen as pro-town.
So what? No-one is arguing Gheb is being pro-town. But you seemed adamant that he was scum, and more or less off 1-2 posts.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
The hyperbole is real right now. #379 is just like, lel.

@ FullMetalLynch FullMetalLynch what do you think of Kanty/Gheb?
Ghebs playing like garbage. Heu sually has somethi g to say besides trAshing people, which makes me not like him here

Kantrip... Iunno rakes stance on him beyond his usual **** with kantrip opening but theres bits i like and bits ibdont. I think he did alright with zalek and adumb but his ghbeb case is blown up a bit. Need tk evaluate

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
are you high right now?

I mean, sure, Gheb likes to bus. But Kanty just goes ham on Gheb pretty much out of the blue, and they end up this slagging match which makes neither of them look good, and you think they might be buddies?
Say what you will about how you think my reasoning is stupid for pushing gheb, but I clearly believe it shows scum intent.

Why was kant trying to be perceived as leader in a wagon that he clearly didn't have material he believed in, and likely working backwards with a conclusion in mind that he was trying to justify.

But why would you want to be perceived as the leader of a townie lynch as scum, it just makes you look terrible. Distancing that went bad due to soup's relentless questioning and kantrip's incompetence seems highly likely on a ghebscum flip. Also makes sense for him to try to backpeddle now.

Kantrip

Kantplay
So what? No-one is arguing Gheb is being pro-town. But you seemed adamant that he was scum, and more or less off 1-2 posts.
How so? I think he is the scummiest player in the game, but it wasn't a humongous margin when I voted him. I think everyone's just getting caught up in the case post I made in response to soup. I never claimed I was adamant that he was for sure scum, and I never gave any indication that I was trying to claim credit for the wagon.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Ok, I think the elephant in the room at this point is soup's #386.

Kanty's tone is really ****ing weird, though. For one thing, I don't understand why you would make this big persuasive case for why you thought Gheb was scum just because one guy was calling you out. No offence to soup but who gives a **** what some guy in the peanut gallery thinks. Also, the phrasing in some of his posts makes it seem a lot like he cares what people think.

But I want to put aside whatever the **** Kanty is up to right now, because honestly, Gheb is just trolling if he thinks he can post basically zero constructive posts all game, get called out for it, and then expect his accuser to consider both sides of the coin rather than actually explain his own actions.

Also, for what it's worth, Gheb, in jumping on Kanty, seems guilty of pretty much everything he accuses Kanty of in #373, i.e. he himself isn't looking at both sides of the argument.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Say what you will about how you think my reasoning is stupid for pushing gheb, but I clearly believe it shows scum intent.
I don't want to waste time going back and forth about how your argument is garbage. The point is, your argument is not so strong that you can rest on your laurels and have it see you through the rest of the Day. I feel like you should be looking at other slots, and doing a lot more to pursue your own reads, rather than pretend you have decisively identified 'scum intent' from a couple of players.

Top Bottom