• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Claw 2 Music?

saberhof

Smash Master
i have a song on itunes, its a freestyle beat i could send it to you so you could hear it, i have others with unknown names but i guees i cant show you here >.>... so pm if you want me to send them to ya.

justice

Smash Ace
You can't please them all is a good thing to note. But I liked all of the songs from the first one and can't really complain.

I believe that there will always be someone who hates for not having enough knowledge about it (beginners and haters) or hating genres because of one song they heard from it. (Like all raps are blah and etc)

Well just go for it man and lol @ white people.
Goodluck Taj can't wait for the second shadow claw.
I hope to have a better Mewtwo by or before that time.
I'm still working on doing shadow claw close to the ground.

Ayaame

Smash Cadet
If you're still taking suggestions, I say don't go with rap. This is my personal opinion, but I just don't think it works in combo videos :/ (could be that I haven't heard a rap song I've liked, but w/e <.<)

I think that, obviously, the music has to match the character. And Mewtwo doesn't come off as a rapper in any way shape or form in my mind >.>;; I say go for something incredibly abstract, but still crazy.

I'm a huge metalcore/power metal/etc. fan (not that wimpy disturbed/SOAD stuff xD) but I think the best type of music to go with Mewtwo is trance. Just the way he floats around and all the glowing purple lights and everything... come on... we all know M2's on acid XD

If you want my suggestions for specific songs, I'd go with Astral Projection - Trance Dance or People Can Fly (http://www.trackitdown.net/artist/2845.html, use ctrl + F to find them) if you're looking for music to accent mewtwo's darker side, or something like Abercrombie & Fitch - Take me Away Club Mix (I can't find this for free online, so you can PM me and I'll send it to you if you want xD) or Prodigy - Smack My B*tch Up/Breathe (http://www.last.fm/music/The+Prodigy/_/Smack+My+*****+Up - both are on there), or finally, Stromkern - Stand Up (http://www.last.fm/music/Stromkern/_/Stand+Up) because everyone loves some good old industrial ^^

I think all of these can highlight 1 or a few aspects of Mewtwo while still retaining the rhythm-heavy aspects that make, in my opinion, a good combo video song.

Trance Dance- Mewtwo's intense ways of moving (why probably 3/4 of us picked him up :p)
People Can Fly- Again, with his movements, accenting his floatiness and huge jumps and crazy air game.
Take Me Away- Grab game, anyone? Haha XD and comboing people, literally "taking them away" off the level :p
Smack My B*tch Up- Quite literally what you're doing in a combo video ;)
Breathe- Some of the lines of this are, like, "Come play my game Inhale, inhale, you're the victim Come play my game Exhale, exhale, exhale" which I feel really fits... making people play your game. Prove mewtwo isn't bottom tier, make everyone play your game haha ^^
Stand Up- OMG.... I can't sum this song up here lol XD (http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=3530822107858572799 are the lyrics...) it's too huge. However, the song is about revolution, revenge for victims of genocide, holocaust, etc. This is my fav pick, it just fits so well XD here's the chorus lyrics...

Now the people on the left let me hear you say
That you’re sick of their lies and you’re not gonna take
And now the people on the right ain’t no time to waste
Gonna start it off slow bring it on now bring it
Now the people in the crowd let me see those hands up
Stand up and demand some answers
What! Come on can you hear me in the back
If you can’t let ‘em know and we’ll turn up the track
So come on

This song just screams out Mewtwo in it's own way, talking about sticking it to the man, showing them their wrong, etc. It's encouraging people to, literally, "Stand Up", take action, make something right. And that's what Mewtwo's want, or at least it seems that way to me :p which fits perfectly in my mind. Put it in your combo video, it'll help many Mewtwos get better, and who knows, it might even start a revolution (OMG M2 for low-tier!) :p

BUT! In the end, pick what you like and what you think fits. These are all just songs I'd put in a combo video myself. Only use them if it fits in your head. Don't let anyone force you to put in songs they like. I'm pretty sure youtube has a mute button :p

NiRV7iQ

Smash Apprentice
Taj: Rage Against the Machine.

Can't go wrong with some hard rock with rapping over it. You also can't help but get into their music.... you kinda just wanna beat something down while listening.

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
I'm surprised that no one mentioned "Touch It" by Busta Rhymes: we are talking about rap, right? :)

Um....here's a couple more:

The Game-How We Do(but that has 50 in it so...yeah)
Twista-Kill Us All

That's all I got.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
If you're still taking suggestions, I say don't go with rap. This is my personal opinion, but I just don't think it works in combo videos :/ (could be that I haven't heard a rap song I've liked, but w/e <.<)

I think that, obviously, the music has to match the character. And Mewtwo doesn't come off as a rapper in any way shape or form in my mind >.>;; I say go for something incredibly abstract, but still crazy.

I'm a huge metalcore/power metal/etc. fan (not that wimpy disturbed/SOAD stuff xD) but I think the best type of music to go with Mewtwo is trance. Just the way he floats around and all the glowing purple lights and everything... come on... we all know M2's on acid XD

If you want my suggestions for specific songs, I'd go with Astral Projection - Trance Dance or People Can Fly (http://www.trackitdown.net/artist/2845.html, use ctrl + F to find them) if you're looking for music to accent mewtwo's darker side, or something like Abercrombie & Fitch - Take me Away Club Mix (I can't find this for free online, so you can PM me and I'll send it to you if you want xD) or Prodigy - Smack My B*tch Up/Breathe (http://www.last.fm/music/The+Prodigy/_/Smack+My+*****+Up - both are on there), or finally, Stromkern - Stand Up (http://www.last.fm/music/Stromkern/_/Stand+Up) because everyone loves some good old industrial ^^

I think all of these can highlight 1 or a few aspects of Mewtwo while still retaining the rhythm-heavy aspects that make, in my opinion, a good combo video song.

Trance Dance- Mewtwo's intense ways of moving (why probably 3/4 of us picked him up :p)
People Can Fly- Again, with his movements, accenting his floatiness and huge jumps and crazy air game.
Take Me Away- Grab game, anyone? Haha XD and comboing people, literally "taking them away" off the level :p
Smack My B*tch Up- Quite literally what you're doing in a combo video ;)
Breathe- Some of the lines of this are, like, "Come play my game Inhale, inhale, you're the victim Come play my game Exhale, exhale, exhale" which I feel really fits... making people play your game. Prove mewtwo isn't bottom tier, make everyone play your game haha ^^
Stand Up- OMG.... I can't sum this song up here lol XD (http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=3530822107858572799 are the lyrics...) it's too huge. However, the song is about revolution, revenge for victims of genocide, holocaust, etc. This is my fav pick, it just fits so well XD here's the chorus lyrics...

Now the people on the left let me hear you say
That you’re sick of their lies and you’re not gonna take
And now the people on the right ain’t no time to waste
Gonna start it off slow bring it on now bring it
Now the people in the crowd let me see those hands up
Stand up and demand some answers
What! Come on can you hear me in the back
If you can’t let ‘em know and we’ll turn up the track
So come on

This song just screams out Mewtwo in it's own way, talking about sticking it to the man, showing them their wrong, etc. It's encouraging people to, literally, "Stand Up", take action, make something right. And that's what Mewtwo's want, or at least it seems that way to me :p which fits perfectly in my mind. Put it in your combo video, it'll help many Mewtwos get better, and who knows, it might even start a revolution (OMG M2 for low-tier!) :p

BUT! In the end, pick what you like and what you think fits. These are all just songs I'd put in a combo video myself. Only use them if it fits in your head. Don't let anyone force you to put in songs they like. I'm pretty sure youtube has a mute button :p
This is exactly what i was saying.
Thumbs up for this guy

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Sorry if these have been suggested/you are not taking suggestions...but I have a few ideas, along with my own reasons for picking them(For the saying of how your going to kick their butts in it, I figure a combmo vid like Shadow Claw wouldn't show you just getting beat up so I figure it would work):

Getting Away With Murder(Papa Roach): I would say this song just fits SSBM, at least in my mind. In fact, I used it over your regular music for Shadow Claw 1.

End To All Hope(Nightwish): Because your Mewtwo is the end to their hope and the start of yours. Plus, I think the "Black Rose" line fits Mewtwo's fair for some reason.

In The End(Linkin Park): Because it doesn't matter how hard they try against you, in the end it doesn't even matter.

Headstrong(Trapt): The other song I played in Shadow Claw 1, I think it fits Mewtwo very well. In addition, I think it's a good song.

Move Along(All Amercian Rejects): This probably seems like an odd one, but I think it's good. I think it fits because Mewtwo is low tiered and so you always have to push your hardest. This probably doesn't make sense, does it?

Unleashed(Saliva): Yeah..this is a good one. I think the best fitting line would be "I guess I'll have to chew them up and spit them out". I think that would really fit a combo video.

Get Out Alive(Three Days Grace) - It manages to portray a battle-like scene in my mind, without being odd or out of place.

Black Sunday(Cold) - I would say it fits Mewtwo's personality.

Vist

Smash Champion
My Mewtwo is gangsta though. :p
-Taj

Binx

Smash Master
Now I am not going to pretend I have normal music tastes but as far as combo videos go I have noticed that Techno and trance flow better especially since your combos are so fast paced. I liked the music in your video. And another comment, anyone who complains about bad DI should not be watching combo videos they should be playing the game or watching real matches, the best combos are gotten when your opponent makes a mistake, every single time a person is hit its because they made a mistake or they were trading blows with their opponent to get a better possition. Those huge combos are when someone didnt predict how he was going to follow up, flubbed their DI, missed a tech, the combo video would suck if they are escaping all the combos. So my advice is to use your coolest bits just like you did the first time and if you want have some parts where you are getting beaten after the video during the credits or something.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I don't know, I liked the Busta and DMX in the last one. :p

I think you should just pick music that you like because the combo video is gonna be a representation of you. It kinda gives off a certain personality I guess. It's like a signature. It just gives off a certain vibe. When I watched Shadowclaw and I heard the music I was like "Okay okay, this is Taj, cool..." you know what I mean?

Zodiac

Smash Master
The techno of your first vid fit VERY well with your M2's playing style. I might stick with that or go with somthing a little different, but I'd suggest staying in the techno range. As to what white people listen too... umm, everything thats there.

-PM-

Smash Ace
with all this white and black ppl talk it confuses me =/

im both D= lol

srsly taj just put in whatever if the noobs dont like the music not your problem is it? i think now =D

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
seeing as there are 7 pages already i could be 2 late but i can garentee ill make suggestions that no has made yet. (besides my first suggestion)

We Takin' over - Akon, TI, Fat Joe, Lil Wayne, Birdman aka Baby and who ever else i missed.
Get on my level - Lil scrappy, trillville lil jon and twista
Children (Dreams Version) - Robert Miles
Nine Thou (Superstars Remix) - Styles of Beyond
Doe Boy Fresh - Three6Mafia
Superman Kryptonite - Three Doors Down
Let's Go - Lil' jon, Trick Daddy, Twista
We Ain't Goin' Nowhere - Eminem ft D-12
For your intro:
Kyur4 Th Itch - linkin park

Credits:
13th Period: On My Own Time (Write On!) - Gym Class Heroes

Taj i took this very seriously because i feel that music in combo videos are an important part. Please take my suggestions to heart and at least listen to the ones u've never heard before. i pretty sure they are all good.

um please dont use those common a$$ linkin park songs that everyone uses in Naruto combo videos. its played out old and not interesting and new anymore.
Thanks

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I don't know, I liked the Busta and DMX in the last one. :p

I think you should just pick music that you like because the combo video is gonna be a representation of you. It kinda gives off a certain personality I guess. It's like a signature. It just gives off a certain vibe. When I watched Shadowclaw and I heard the music I was like "Okay okay, this is Taj, cool..." you know what I mean?
Yeah, I know what you mean. I would like suggestions because I was thinking of making different versions and an EXTENDERRRRR edition with all of the different music and clips to appease as many people as possible.

It is impossible to please everyone and this thread proves it. I've had people tell me that Busta and DMX were cool and that New Breed sucked and vice versa. However, I don't know if we'll have the time to actually do the different versions all at once, so it will most likely be what songs Chaos Theory and Blu think will fit the best and easiest with the footage I gave them. In the first vid they said that the 2nd and 3rd songs fit very well and were easy to sync the combos and KOs to the beats. New Breed is by far the most popular song though, and it gives people more of the traditional Mewtwo feeling.

Anyway, I appreciate any and all suggestions, but I definitely have my own signature play style as anyone who has seen me play in person has witnessed. So with that, we'll see how it goes, but I don't really know if I can top New Breed as a techno Mewtwo song as I don't listen to much techno at all. Sorry in advance if I disappoint, but I enjoy rap/hip-hop more than any other form of music. Fortunately I am open to many other options as long as I find it catchy and cool. :)

Don't worry about Linkin Park being in my video except for as a trailer or intro at the most.

Shadowclaw 2 Teaser

quak

Smash Champion
teaser? whaaaa?

lemme check it

EDIT: Whoa, incredibly good syncage and editing. What software did you use?

forward

Smash Champion
I say pass on the "lyrical" kind of raps, people are watching combos and not paying attention to the lyrics, they need background hip hop. That would be that kind of lil jon ****, but the problem with that is that it is hella over played, so finding original songs might prove difficult.

Any kind of song that catches the viewers attention suddenly would be good. Something where they don't realize what they are listening to at first, but then in the middle of the song it hits them, and they think "****, i just realized this song is ****in sick, lemme restart this video so i can pay more attention to the music."

Or something like that. lol =P

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Wow, that teaser is kickass.

I'm guessing from your post that your still looking out for suggestions...here's some that I figure I might as well throw out.

Solider Side(System of a Down) - Really good music, plus it kind of radiates a battle feel IMHO.

Iris(Goo Goo Dolls) - Ok, so the music doesn't fit...but I like the song.

Wrapped in Black(Sonic Rush) - Ok, you CANNOT hear this song and say it doesn't fit in some form of combo vid.

Bodies(Drowning Poll) - It is quite battle-ish and catchy.

And the next one is just for laughs...

Double Trouble(Pokemon Song) - <_< >_> Yeah, this is more of a joke suggestion.

quak

Smash Champion
soldier side is a bit too slow for a combo vid but prolly the best song you said as soad kicks ***

iris? for real?

bodies by drowning pool is a bit overplayed, and that ****'s got too much screaming, and not enough music, even though it's still on my ipod :p

dude, i would seriously just andre nickatina's "im a junkie," i know im biased cause i suggested it, but for real, the latest suggestions have been kinda lame. It fits the mood, it's got a good beat, and the lyrics don't overpower the beat, like what forward said.

And i guess i'll have to struggle with movie maker then, that is, if i ever make my vid.

lain

Smash Master
honestly Taj, your combo video was fine.

failed DI is what you captilized on, to make the combo. if everyone perfectly di'ed there would be no combos. haha.

the music was fine. except the first song. wasn't too into it. but it was still okay. the rap was actually very nice. especially the Method Man portion. you actually got me to listen to their music, and i didn't even like rap!

whatwhatwhatwhatwhat

Smash Apprentice

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Four new suggestions ^_^

Nickelback - If everyone cared - http://youtube.com/watch?v=1rCtp_HIHIs - Yeah, a bit slow for an AMV and odd lyrics...but I like the song.

Crüxshadows - Winter Born - http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z1XJBmQ0lns - It's definately battle-y, the lyrics are nice and I would say it has nice fittingness. The only problem might be it's long time of five minutes.

Relient K - Be My Escape - http://youtube.com/watch?v=nRDWS2LK55k - Good song, battle-y. Might be considered a wee bit slow.

Saliva - Bleed For Me - http://youtube.com/watch?v=LXAjvKSJ8JM - It might be considered a bit slow and it's four minutes, but I could see it working.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
I say pass on the "lyrical" kind of raps, people are watching combos and not paying attention to the lyrics, they need background hip hop.
cLOUDDEAD would be an interesting choice along these lines.

For something more along the lines of regular hip hop, Busdriver or MF Doom.

For instrumental rock, you could go the post-rock route a la Explosions in the Sky in the last Forward vid. Non post-rock-wise, a live White Stripes track might do you good, such as their cover of "Jolene".

S4k3

Smash Rookie
'Aight, I say use some Ratatat. 17 years is a great song...not sure if it'd be the best for a SC2 vid, but it rocks none the less, Wildcat is another sweet song from them.

The Feint - Glass Dance,
- Your Retro Career Melted
- Posed to Death

Daft Punk - Robot Rock
- The Brain Washer

Stuff from CarboHydroM is always cool, Open Future would be nifty.

Anyway, whatever you choose, I can't wait till the next video!

Rock on Taj.

Top Bottom