• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Claw 2 Music?

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
The #1 complaint from my first vid was a tie between DI and music.

In short, I'm asking you, the Mewtwo community, what do white people like to listen to? :chuckle:

In all seriousness, I like rap/hip-hop, and I rarely listen to all the various forms of rock and techno. If you guys would be so kind as to give me suggestions for music from any genre of music, it would be much appreciated.

Though I do care about what everyone likes, in the end, I will again be picking the music I enjoy regardless of rap haters feel. I am very open and do enjoy listening to other genres of music though, which is why I'm asking you guys for suggestions, and I'm open to anything as long as it has a feel that I'm looking for.

Thanks!

(With enough good suggestions for music, we can probably make two different versions of SC2 and a compilation of both versions. :))

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
hmmm... if its rap, pleaaase please dont have 50 cent...

hes the most ear piercing rapper on this planet.
its also anoying when he tries to sing with his 4 note vocal range.

but really, from your choice in the first shadow claw. i see that your taste is quite dependable. i trust most people will like it as long as you are picking it.

best wishes

taj, would you also upload the full version of all the videos you will use in the comming combo vid?

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
You don't have to worry too much about 50 cent, though I was thinking about using Toy Soldier at one point. :p

I think most people did tolerate my music choice, but like I said it is still one of the main complaints, so I'm just opening up the options to try and make as many people happy as possible. :)

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
I have an absolutly killer song!! I wish that i could some how post it for all to listen. It's the one and only teckno beat that I like

Also I have some great music that is just beats.

plz if there is any way that i could post some of my songs online I would like to know! :)

PS. Taj cannot wait for shadow claw two!!!!!

quak

Smash Champion
slap some **** on there man!

i was gonna use 'Im a Junkie' by Andre Nickatina, but i wanted to toy more with the syncing, and rock songs allow for more tweakage. 'Crack Raider Razor' is a good one too, but im not sure if it matches just right like i think im a junkie does.

Necromancing by Gnarls barkley is okay too

Gimmesundeath by leak bros is also good

Serioiusly, check em all out, i considered using them all for my future future future one, but again, i wanna sync it up with the rock. Thay all fit the mood that mewtwo has.

And plus you know im from the bay so i know my **** :p

quak

Smash Champion
they're all not super famous like 50 cent or eminem or what have you

leak bros songs are mostly bad, cept that one, so they aren't famous at all

Gnarls started to get big, but im not sure why i haven't heard about him for a while, he's got some good songs

andre nickatina is big locally, from sf, but i guess his name doesn't stretch too far

Spacecadet

Smash Cadet
If you're lookin' for rock, King Crimson's Level five is a good choice. It's purely instrumental with metal-sounding riffs. It also kinda flows with some comboes, perhaps it will work...

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I got nothing. :confused:

I wouldn't worry about complaints about your music. It is your video, make it however you want with whatever music you enjoy. I know that when I finally buy my recording gear, my combo video is going to have music that is completely different from what everyone normally listens to.

Pdiz

Smash Apprentice
Personally I would go with the Rocky theme music, "Gonna fly now" or "Rocky IV Training Montage." Rocky and mewtwo are very much the same. They're both underdogs, underestimated, and awesome. Rocky montages are so inspirational, just like your mewtwo montage could be!

DJ Black

Smash Rookie
I'm just gonna mention some songs, if that's ok?

Disturbed - Get Psycho
Disturbed - 10.000 fists in the air
Disturbed - Voices

Disturbed is awesome for combovids, used alot though.

Linkin Park - Breaking the habit
Linkin Park - In the end
Linkin Park - Numb (Not the Jay Z version, that's crappy compared to the original.)
Linkin Park - Nobody's listening
Linkin Park - Pushing me away
Linkin Park - With you

Linkin Park certainly rocks for every video. =P

Sonata Artica - My Land
Sonata Artica - Replica
Sonata Artica - Wolf and raven

Sonata Artica is really awesome, and has a fitting tempo to smash's gameplay, to be honest.

Freedom Call - Warriors
Freedom Call - Hunting high and low
Freedom Call - Eternal Flame

Freedom Call's just h4x.

Soil - Breaking me down
Soil - Pride
Soil - Halo

Soil also has a imba load of other good songs, but these are my favorites that I recommend. = )

Children of Bodom - Downfall
Children of Bodom - Lake Bodom
Children of Bodom - Mask of Sanity
Children of Bodom - Needled 24/7
Children of Bodom - Rebel Yell

^ Too good.

Edguy - King of Fools
Edguy - We don't need a hero
Edguy - Superhero
Edguy - Judas at the opera

Quite nice for combo vids as well.

Bloodhound Gang - The bad touch is always possible, and that's an awesome song. =P

And my personal favorites:

Rhapsody - Triumph for my magic steel
Rhapsody - The village of dwarves
Rhapsody - Power of the Dragonflame
Rhapsody - Power of the Dragonflame (Rise from the sea)
Rhapsody - Flames of Revenge
Rhapsody - Dark tower of abyss
Rhapsody - Eternal Glory
Rhapsody - Holy Thunderforce (Better for Pikachu videos but quite good anyway.)
Rhapsody - Land of Immortals
Rhapsody - Lord of the thunder
Rhapsody - Steelgods of the last apocalypse
Rhapsody - Riding the winds of eternity
Rhapsody - Black Dragon
Rhapsody - Emerald Sword

Go go, hope any of these suggestions will be useful to you. = )

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
LOL I'm white and I like rap.. I also like many other kinds of music. Best thing to do is to pick something that isn't already in 1000 combo videos. Even if it's just different songs by the same bands. Also, I'm not a fan of Linkin Park or any band that sounds too much like them. But it's your video, so you make it the way you want.. :)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
If you don't mind, Taj, I have a few suggestions for you:

"Bring Your Whole Crew" by DMX

"Comin' Through (STOP!)" by DMX

"Party Up (Up in Here)" by DMX (Can you tell that I love DMX? Lol)

"N**** what?" by Jay-Z (At least that's what I think it's called. I dunno. It's track five off of the Hard Knock Life album).

"Move, *****! (Get Out the Way)" by Ludacris (I'm kinda "iffy" on this one. It would probably fit a Ganondorf combo video better. However, it falls under your purview man).

"Come with Me" by Puff Daddy featuring Jimmy Page (Hysterical that I mention P. Diddy on this list, but this song is pretty good and would be awesome for an epic combo video of some kind).

"Let's Go" by Trick Daddy (I love this freakin' song. I personally prefer listening to this song while playing a game of capture the flag in games like Halo or even WoW. I mean, the chorus fits the attitude of CTF games perfectly. However, a combo video to this song would be awesome).

"Devil Without a Cause" by Kid Rock (Yes, yes. Kid Rock---or any other rap-rock group out there. They suck, yeah, but some stuff they put out there isn't half-bad. Case in point, "Devil Without a Cause" by Kid Rock. This is a great song---though I'd be a bit sore if you used it in a combo video before me, Taj. Lol)

"Name of the Game" by Crystal Method (I have not seen a combo video done to this song yet, which is why I'm throwing it out there).

"KMFDM Sucks!" by KMFDM (Lol @ this song; any band that makes a song about how much they suck is awesome in my book. Catchy stuff).

"Confusion" by New World Order (This is the Blade "Blood Rave" song. Very redundant beat, but this is one of the songs I think of when I see an awesome Mewtwo in action).

"Jehuty (Vivid Transparency)" by KONAMI Japan (A gem from the Zone of the Enders 2 OST. It's kinda mellow, but I think it provides a fresh beat).

And finally...

"The Key to Singing the Praises of Victory" by Motoi Sakuraba (This song is only meant to be placed right at the end of the combo video, showing a victory screen. If you played the first Valkyrie Profile, you'd recognize it immediately).

Just a few thoughts.

Smooth Criminal

Edit: Crap. I forgot "Blood Sugar" by Pendulum.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Breaking the Habit = already in Puff stuff

I like In the End.

But my taste in music sucks.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
DMX is too good. :) Don't worry about me using Linkin Park. The most I'll ever consider using of them are the intros to their songs. I like em all, but they are way too overused and a little too emo and general in nature.

The majority of people do in fact enjoy rap, so I'm not saying that I'm not going to use it. I don't think any kind of music in particular is dumb, don't get me wrong. I was just joking about what white people listen to. I'm just trying to accommodate as many audiences as possible. So with that, don't be shy about what you listen to, I'm all ears. :)

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Ironside - Quincy Jones
Green Hornet - Al Hirt
Misirlou - Dick Dale

I personally think the best music in combo videos is instrumental, the tracks in Arash's Koopacalypse are probably the best I've heard in a combo video. Instrumental music that everyone loves, you can't go wrong...

... Though I usually just mute whatever is playing and the play the music I want instead.

EDIT: Seriously, '****' ? It's short for Richard for ****'s sake!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Taj, i loved Shadowclaw.. but if you honestly take any of DJ Blacks suggestions i will not watch it... most of it is just ****ty metal..

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Anyone who 'hates' rap knows nothing about the genre. If you decide on rap don't give a rat's *** about anyone who moans and whines and would end up watching Naruto AMVs on Youtube anyways. Besides if a song fits then it shouldn't matter what genre it is, people are going to watch it and like it and the close-minded people are gonna miss out.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
True, Meta. :) I'm going to use rap, but I was tossing around the idea of making a second version with the amount of footage we have as well as the "extended" version. Blue (The one who made SC1) seemed ok with it, so I figured it would at least be a fun project to experiment with as many different kinds of songs as possible while still getting the vibe that I like. I totally agree, I thought I declared that I don't *really* care if some people didn't like the rap, I just want to minimize the complaints as well as diversify the music anyway.

Music is all in taste, I don't think anything is just ****ty. I won't accept that, so I'll view all music as objectively as possible. I've listened to most of the suggestions so far, I found a couple of his that caught my attention, but in the end I'll still probably use what I've already planned even though I enjoyed many of the songs suggested so far.

So keep em coming, it's win-win for me, if it's just too good, I'll use it in the vid, if its not then I'll enjoy them on my own by adding them to my music library. :)

I appreciate each and every suggestion. I didn't think so many people would respond. I guess this is the main reason I wanted to keep it in the M2 room.

EDIT: They already released the trailer, heh. :p

If ur using rap, use bone thugs fo sho
if u want me to mix songs together. like a mini mix type thing, let me know. :D

quak

Smash Champion
I've listened to most of the suggestions so far, I found a couple of his that caught my attention, but in the end I'll still probably use what I've already planned even though I enjoyed many of the songs suggested so far.
which ones caught ur attention dude? I might DL em for some more music to my lib too

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
So far,
Soil - Breaking Me Down.
Andre Nickatina - I'm a Junkie
Cage & Tame- Gimmesumdeath
Rhapsody - Black Dragon
Swiss Beatz - It's me *****es
The Bay Area songs are too good too. :)

I haven't listened to everything yet.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
More suited stuff for this I like:
Rock: Breaking Benjamin (whatever songs)

Trance (i don't like much):
Silvertear - So Deep (with all those mixes, the best IMO is Perfect Sphere that is 6:30
Jonas Steur - silent waves

I wouldn't recomend Darude - Sandstorm for this, since it's like for G&W.

romeo619

Smash Ace
heres some rap i like and i think would be suitable for a combo vid

Hate me now - Nas ft DMX
Can't Stop - AZ
AWOL - AZ
Desperado's - The firm (AZ/ Nature / Canibus)
Street Dreams - Nas
Serious - AZ/Nas
i didnt name any mainstream highly commercial rap cuzzzz i dun like dat chet

This is a alternative rock but i like it a lot and it's suitable imo
Let Go Control - Saosin

if u need linksies lemme know

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Mind if I give my two cents?

Young Jibbs ft. Chamillionaire - King Kong --> (Greg hates this song)

Nelly - Here comes the Boom (Longest Yard Soundtrack) --> IDK

Jim Jones - We Fly High (Ballin') --> good stuff

BTW how is SC2 coming, hope i'm in it.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Taj I liked the first song of Shadow Claw. i odn't know how many times i've watched the first 2 and a half minutes of that video just for that song haha. so yeah, IMO a nice song like that would be good. it was kinda like Mewtwo-ish sounding too. You should watch Pokemon the Movie 1 while listening to various soundtracks while mewtwo is blowing **** up to get a feel for what you want :)

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Linkin Park is emo...not the "emocore" genre necessarily...but all they sing about is EMO

Rob Zombie is heavy, crushing, pulsing and awesome. I would suggest Superbeast.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I have so many suggestions, however I need to know what you're looking for, so to speak.

Do you want something dark to emphasize Mewtwo's evilness, or something more happy to pump you up?

Kada

Smash Journeyman
From what other people have said so far, I completely agree with Disturbed and Rob Zombie, alot of their songs are great for combo videos, and most of them have that dark feel that would go along great with a Mewtwo combo video.

I'm a rock/metal kind of guy, mainly instrumental stuff. Probably not what you're looking for, but here's a few suggestions.

Michael Angelo Batio - An extemely talented guitarist, undoubtedly one of the fastest in the world, some great shredding that would sound really nice in a video. For a dark Mewtwo video, I'd reccomend "China," "Lucid Intervals and Moments of Clarity" or "Full Force,"

Vinnie Moore - Just started hearing him a few days ago, he played back when the whole neo-classical metal like Yngwie Malmsteen and Jason Becker was really popular. A great song from his is "Meltdown."
Speaking of Malmsteen... you could check out "Black Star" and "Far Beyond the Sun," from him.

The Black Mages - A Japanese instrumental group that plays remixed Final Fantasy songs. I know what you're thinking, laaaaaaaame. Right? You may think that, but they truly are some of the most skilled instrumentalists I've ever heard. If you're at all interested in hearing them, I made a fairly length post in the music reccomendation board in Media Metropolis about them, with links to all of their music, available for download.

And also, Joe Satriani's good. He mostly has really light and happy songs, but there are a few that could work fairly well. "Big Bad Moon," is pretty awesome. And "Surfing with the Alien,"... wouldn't actually work for the video, but I really like that song <_<

So yeah, that's a few of my suggestions. I have tons more, but these are the best of them.

Top Bottom