• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Claw 2 Music?

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Hmm..
Forces of Nature - Sneak Chamber (often used in fight scenes in the hip-hop influenced anime, Samurai Champloo)
Jedi Mind Tricks / Army of the Pharoahs - Battle Cry (I dunno, I just kind of associate m2 ownage with jedi mind tricks..)
Royce da 5'9" - Boom (Prod. by DJ Premier)

PM me if you need me to up anything, I can get back to you in a semi-speedy manner.

quak

Smash Champion
yes metaknight, you hate j-pop :p

swheet, a black guy said that he liked my music

and maxxxpower, did you just tag my myspace for the hell of it?

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Taj... did you really just say Linkin Park was Emo... *face fall*
You can't tell me that their music isn't emo. My argument: Crawling in my skin, these wounds will not heal. WHAT WOUNDS?

I tried so hard, I got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter... C'mon...

Like I said, I enjoy their music, but it really is emo. They don't provide any triggering subject at all. I have no idea what the hell is bothering them and why they need to scream, break the habit, go one step closer, etc.
It just sounds nice.

I like a couple of Royce's songs, but I don't think he's what I'm looking for. I also love a few of the songs from Samurai Champloo. I liked Vagrancy a lot, but they too aren't really what I'm looking for.

FastFox: I want both, I love to get pumped up like Get it on the Floor, and I like the dark feel of New Breed. So it's all good. I don't "need" anyones library of favorite songs, but I don't really mind either. I don't think I'm going to listen to every single song suggested so far, but I'm most definitely listening to most of them. So just suggest what you want. :)

I can only use 3-4 songs, or 6-8 if we end up doing two versions. I already have my #1 pick, I'm just looking for other possible candidates before I tell em what I want. (Actually two, I love the Phat Beat instrumental mixed with Mobb Deep and Wu Tang, but I don't think I can really use it.:()

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
i lvoe how you put rap and hip hop in your videos, keep it up

id recomend some exhibit or old school snoop for some gangster combos haha

i like brother ali alot or you could put some mfdoom and be really courageous haha

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
Some tracks I see as combo video compatible:
Lil Flip & Z-Ro - Kings of the South
Asian Dub Foundation - Fortress Europe, Flyover
Black Sheep - The choice is Yours
Busta Rhymes - As I come back, Gimme Some More
Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole, Elektrobank, Galvanize, Under the Influence
Gnarls Barkley - Transformer
High Contrast - Racing Green
M.O.P. - Ante Up, Put it in the air
Method Man & Redman - Da Rockwilder
Mos Def ft. Massive Attack - I againt I
Nice & Smooth - Old to the new
The Offspring - No Brakes
Pendulum - Slam
Prodigy - Smack My ***** Up
Redman - Time 4 Sum Aksion, Smash Sumthin'
The Roots - Here I Come
Xzibit - Concentrate
Zeb Roc Ski & Def Cut - Honey Rock On

KSUkid

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...let's see...

30-30-150-Stone Sour: :confused: it might work

Animal I Have Become-Three Days Grace: Don't know why no one's mentioned them yet.

I Stand Alone-Godsmack: Probably the biggest recommendation yet. d(^-^)b Also check some of their other songs possibly.

2 Ton Paperweight-Psychostick: if you ignore the words it's a great song, but otherwise it might be a little comical for a combo vid. Ther may be something else by them that may work better, too.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
^ Is Mewtwo a cat? It kind of looks like one.

EDIT: cosign on Here I Come by the Roots.. lots of the Roots stuff is high energy, I think this would work well in a video.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
To me, Combo video music has to work with the video itself. When u put New Breed on ShadowClaw it was perfect. Everytime i see Mewtwo think about that song. Prolly goes the same with many others. U just gotta find something perfect that lasts throughout the video.

Kep

Smash Rookie
I probably/definitely shouldn't be taken seriously, but...
Die Ärzte, Blümchen, Jumbo, -insert foreign band here-.

I find lyrics I can understand to be distracting.

And while I'm making ridiculous suggestions:
The Darkness - I Believe in a Thing Called Love
You know you want to... >.>

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Any thing thats not that rap ****.
Techno is probably your best bet lol.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Hey Taj this is TheKneeOfJustice from the youtube site. I was all like, defendin' the video for a little.

Anyway, from my experiences I would say that most white people like the rap songs that have Lil' Jon in the remix version of it. And make Mewtwo move to the beat of the music (like you did with the New Breed remix).

Lol what exactly is your nationality?

EDIT: Y'know Eminem makes good music too.

Kick

Smash Apprentice
so i rewatched shadowclaw. first thing i have to say is wow. so creative my mind exploded due to mindgames. secondly i actually found the music alright.

the first song was good, it had a good upbeat tempo, kept the pace moving and got you pumped for the vid.

The second song was terrible, it had no beat, lyrics were dumb and just didnt fit the pattern set by the first song.

the DMX song was cool, it had a tempo and good beat. plus its DMX and if you dont like him, then you obviously arent hard , which is exactly what your mew2 is. Taj Mew2= Hardcore; DMX =hardcore; therefore Taj Mew2 vid with DMX = perfect match and hard.

so for shadowclaw 2, anything that sets a good beat down i.e. no emo, lame rock stuff or ****ty raps. hope that helps.

PDRK

Smash Rookie
Think someone else said this but... the crystal method- Name of the game is a good combo song...

haiablkdragon

Smash Rookie
Houghton, the beautiful winter wonderland
This is a personal thing but when I watch a vid with music I look for the moves and hits corresponding with the music over if it's just a good song. An example from your first movie is the first shiek. The grabs, chokes, and fair were almost perfectly in time with the beats. Same with the trapped falco as the drumroll grows louder. Shadowball damage is fun to play with ^^ (I'm amature with mewtwo at best but I'm working with it ^^ Pissed off many a friend with the same trick you used last in the first vid.)

I do have one song I can reccomend. It's not rap at all but this one line from the chorus rings with me. Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin. "Only the strongest will survive."

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
^^ the "halo 2" song?
PDRK: what exactly is that song >.> i can remember 1 song with those words in the lyrics by Fort Minor... Remember the Name

Elen

Smash Lord
Jazz rock fusion for the win!! Throw some Extraction on there!

But really, it's your video Taj it should be your music. As much as I hate the first song from Shadowclaw, it fit RIDICULOUSLY well, and no one can deny that. So whenever I watch it I'll leave it on.

Worst comes to worse, your music sucks and I mute and put on my own ^.^

Just try to make it fit and your good.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
If I had the resources I would make a small video of my M2, but I don't have the ability. I was gonna use "Fly with the Black Swan" from Sonata Arctica, cause for some reason I like hearing that song when I play M2.

But it's your vid Taj.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
best bet would be melodic power metal.
Something like Luca Turilli or Dragonforce. LOL

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
exactly, that way you don't need to switch songs in the middle of the video. 7 to 9 is a great length for a combo video D:

D

Deleted member

heavy metal is good **** but it doesn't work too well in smash vids. You want either techno or hip-hop of some variation.

for the sake of recommendation, I'm gonna have to go with Chamillionaire Southern Takeover or musiq soulchild buddy. probably the first.

and yea the DI hurt my face. I thought the music from the 1st one was **** good tho.

edit:
Hell yeah! It's done, son.
thecape77 used that in his mario video. if we're going to repeat songs, I'd say bone-thugs-n-harmony, rightous one.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Taj, how far are you with Shadow Claw 2 so far? Have you started it? Did you decide on any songs yet?
My 2 cents, I think this song will do the job
Tupac- Hail Mary

wvb

Smash Rookie
been on smashboards plenty and never really wanted to post, but i was compelled by this topic to make an account and do so.

firstly, i main mewtwo, and i view taj as being possibly a god; or at least a gorilla or something else awesome. shadowclaw 1 gave me an erection (that's a figure of speech (maybe.)) and i eagerly await the sequel.

anyway, i was even more excited when watching the video to hear the wu-tastic melody that is method man (although the song choice was.... meh), and i thought that, in light of this already established affinity for method, and the title of the video, it would be extremely appropriate to suggest the song "Shadowboxin'" from the Liquid Swords album, because, well, that song is tight as hell (also whenever i actually trick one of my friends into somehow getting caught in M2's jab i quote from it). for your extensive demographic survey: i am white, and i listen to about 65% rock, 35% rap or so, but i just thought this song was such a great fit it needed to be mentioned.

abbreviated version of post (suggestion):
Shadowboxin'- GZA/Genious Ft. Method Man- Liquid Swords

p.s.- omgwtf bk avatars????? sweet.

Top Bottom