• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Link doesn't work anymore .-.

spacing bairs is good, and its easy to bait him, and you can run circles around him, since his mobility is kinda awful outside of cyclone. but when he gets in his zone, he can ztd us and kill stupid early
Sorry, what does ztd mean?

I found another da Kid http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=161587

Spindash? Since when is that worth anything in modern games.
Isn't it used in speed runs alot?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Link doesn't work anymore .-.
Copyright laws will do that.

It's Metropolis Zone 2.0, complete with the enemies and quirks of the zone in it, apparently physics doesn't have much of an impact when Sonic goes down slopes, and Sonic calls the seven emeralds to circle around him when he transforms. Super Sonic is in its Sonic Unleashed design - dark gold, wavy quills, and a fiery aura - and his old niches return: increased top speed, increased acceleration (what took regular Sonic about four seconds to get the cog to move at top speed, it took Super Sonic half a second), and increased jumping ability.

Shame about the physics though. I wanted to beat the camera again.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Sonic v Luigi is about even. It's slightly in Luigi's favor. You can't go spindash crazy against him because of nado. I wait for nado and punish the lag on it and generally shark him with Uairs when I'm below him. Luigi doesn't ZTD Sonic. So long as your spring still has some bounce left in it and if you don't have stupid AD patterns. I play Luigi on a semi-serious level and I eat airdodges alive. But yeah KID is right for the most part. Luigi is slow as balls, so you can play keep away all day and Bair has enough force to pressure his shield and not get punished. He's also really prone to being ledge pressured. I wish I had some replays of me vs Crash. Crash knows how to deal with Sonic.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Spindash? Since when is that worth anything in modern games.
lol it's just out of the hope that maybe it's useful again? The modern games kinda stray from the momentum based gameplay, so hypothetically, it should be worth something if it's their "return to roots".

I was bored and played mega collection the other day - Sonic moved faster in ball form than he did running. Level design sort of assumed that if you were going down a slope, you'd be in ball form - so things like secret/alt paths would be designed so that if there was a ramp or something that you launched yourself from, you'd be able to reach it if you broke max speed in ball form; and enemies would be placed so that you'd kill them in ball form.

More importantly, I played Sonic 1 (I didn't own it as a kid) and gameover'd by the 2nd stage.
I'm awesome.

:093:

Trent

Smash Champion
The day before Sonic 4 comes out I'm-a be playing Sonic 1-Knux to celebrate.

I actually might be more excited just to play those in a row then playing Sonic 4..

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I remember the first time I ever played Scrap Brain Zone as a kid.

Fell right into the very first pitfall trap three seconds later. Mmhmm.

=====

Do it Trent. S3&K only takes like, 2-3 hours to do, depending on whether or not you screw up getting the emeralds or not.

Trent

Smash Champion
I've also realized that I've never beaten Sonic 2 as well as 3&K with just Sonic by himself. I always had Tails with me. I think I'll do that as well.

4's comin' out in July, right? I think it was leaked or something.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No level has ever been frustratingly hard.

Just frustratingly long.

Final Fortress was ******ingly long though.

Trent

Smash Champion
Speaking of long *** levels..

Eggman Land.

Getting a chili dog from the chili dog quest guy is a *****, beat the whole level (That takes like 30-45 minutes to beat) without any deaths.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Acts 1&2 combined, I assume, Neko.

Jesus, those zones took so long to get through on the first playthrough. I think I timed out twice.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Carnival night zone timed me out so much because I didn't know that holding up/down did stuff.

The only way I got through it as a kid was debug mode.
freakin
up up down down up up up up
XD

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

I'll be ****ed if someone actually cleared Death Egg Zone Act 2 + the Final Boss in the time limit their first time playing the stage

Trent

Smash Champion
Ah Carnival Zone..

Good times trying to time jumps between Sonic and Tails with my friend as a kid trying to get underneath that god **** death trap.

When I figured out that pushing up and down made it work years later I wanted to murder someone.

@Espy That song STILL strikes fear into my heart..

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

I'll be ****ed if someone actually cleared Death Egg Zone Act 2 + the Final Boss in the time limit their first time playing the stage
Hiya, what's going on~?!

Though to be fair the first time I did a whole run through of S3&K was about a year ago. **** man the second act of Flying Battery got to me.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Hey, just throwin' this out there... but um... waffles and steak make a pretty tasty combo, not gonna lie.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Acts 1&2 combined, I assume, Neko.

Jesus, those zones took so long to get through on the first playthrough. I think I timed out twice.
so true
Carnival night zone timed me out so much because I didn't know that holding up/down did stuff.

The only way I got through it as a kid was debug mode.
freakin
up up down down up up up up
XD
I have talked about this before, but it still cracks me up hearing people talk about that. Fortunately enough I figured it out no problem when I was little.
Carnival night zone is my favorite level.

edit: Chicken and Waffles are better.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The infinite/looping sand slide. You had to randomly jump and land on a platform that takes you the right way.

****ed up thing is that the platform swings making it harder to land on.

EDIT: AND THE ****ING GHOST LKASJLDASDA

Top Bottom