• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for clearing that up guys. I've been wondering for a while now who the heck he is. I didn't know people even wrote plays anymore, really.. I should wikiped this guy...

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Lol cause.

Oli's gay. It usually takes something drastic for me to make a serious post. So when I see something ridiculous like someone saying "Olimar isn't so bad". It's hard to not correct them lul.

:093:

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Hm, most of what goes on in the Sonic Boards falls under at least 2 of those categories anyways.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yeah olimar is really gay too bad noone fights olimars who know how to run away and grab even if the first 3 grabs that you cant be punished for miss lol

Suspect

Smash Hero
White people love Wayne Brady, because he makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X

Is Tyler Perry next?

find out next time on DBZ

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i'm better than kid

he admitted to me he wanted to quit after meeting me
didnt I out place you at your own tourney?
HIEMIE
get at me son
you make this ***** look like a magic genie or something, or like beetlejuice or some shiz, where you just say his name and he appears in a puff of smoke

xiivi, why must you butcher my name so. gdiaf. also, i feell like my sonic has been stepping up recently.

ive learned to fuse the super agressive style that people like espy and shado win with, with my own personal brand of camp, to create something that i think is turning out really really nice. youll see the fruits of my labor, in the results thread for it

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Lol cause.

Oli's gay. It usually takes something drastic for me to make a serious post. So when I see something ridiculous like someone saying "Olimar isn't so bad". It's hard to not correct them lul.

Olimar isn't so bad.

I main Peach.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
lol i believed the title and came in here to see some drama. **** i guess we'll never have another CiTH outbreak
You still have lots of drama in the Sonic Xat. Plus I see a lot funny @#$% going on in your local scene's result thread still. It's funny to troll n****s.

where are the sonic 09 awards
Year's not over yet. We still have half of October, November, and December left.

Yesh.

didnt I out place you at your own tourney?
Beating a TO in his own tourney is nothing to be proud of, because almost every local scene has a TO who runs a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly, and compared to the star players of the region, are not on their level.

Olimar isn't so bad.

I main Peach.
Excellent guest star appearance.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Kid I don't doubt you. I always like when people revamp their Sonics for the better. Get some vids

@Kinzer: Lol! You're reading that mess? Our region is ridiculous. I love the drama we have! And Imma stop going to the Sonic Xat. MD/VA has its own Xat now so I have a place to troll for free ;)

P.S. I've been experimenting with HA offstage. I did this completely by accident but I HA'd off the stage in chase of a luigi. Then Side B'd back. At the same time the Luigi was just ending his animation of his down B and I jumped out of Side B to footstool him to his death.

So I'm just thinking that may be an easier way to footstool off stage. If you get pass them with HA (or you can Spindash off the stage which is what I would rather do) and Side B back. I doubt they would airdodge because that would most likely mean death in some characters situations. And if you miss the footstool you can still spring to recovery. But yea give me your thoughts on if I should continue to work on something like this or if it had already been done and there are flaws.

4nace

Smash Ace
@Shado

Sounds pretty legit actually. The only problem that i see with it, is that in many cases, that is right when they would be using their third jump so lots of characters would end up hitting you. Then again with the little hop from side B you might be able to avoid the hit box. Ill try it out, you can make it look like a mistake that you spin dashed off and maybe even make an ugh sound for mind games lolz.

I'll see if i can get it to work.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Good Stuff 4nace. If it's legit I'll be adding it to my playstyle for certain situations. Footstool off them and grab the ledge. Perfect for Sheik maybe. I'll have to see. It may be too risky for her. Footstooling Kirby would be easier though. Thats who i practiced it on.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'd much rather just ledgehop Sheik since her recovery is not the best out there.

If Sheik manages to make it back on the stage, then Sheik's wide open for another beatdown.

Make sure you know how to insta-edgehog before you try out any of this, and have an idea of their recovery patterns. Sheik can still tether if you don't act soon.

@Shado: I give KID maybe two tourney rounds, if not less, before he goes somebody else. This n***a only comes to the Sonic boards to troll.

Also Hell yeah I'm reading that thread. The best thing that came out of that was the Sex Puma's random *** pic that also had me squirt water out of my nose.

...Again!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
shado, against luigi, you are usually better off just gimpping him out right with the homing attack and timing that to hit him at the end of his down b.

HAing offstage is dangerous, against characters like rob and dk, they can let them selves fall, so you miss the HA and then double jump back air you to kill you at like 40%

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
*reads thread title*

meh. he wasn't very good anyway.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Breaking my posting silence

Im sick as balls, im dealing with life (trying to keep it all together)

i had quit playin brawl for a bit, but haven't been to a tourney in about 2 months... so i still may quit, idk yet. Can't really travel anymore... :/

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, I haven't been on the boards as much due to social life/school.

...and now I'm sick with what could possibly be swine flu >.> I've been out from school since Tuesday. Fortunatley they found a cure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYPfrBsFmvc

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well I didn't have steak but...

I had tacos. Win?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I definitely miss that cartoon :laugh:
lol, i miss a lot of classic cartoons. mainstream cartoons these days are just lacking. good ones are much harder to come by.

i tend to just watch short film groups and stuff online. lots of undiscovered talents.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
...im not EM5

its just...well, im stuck. I dont know what to do anymore in terms of trying (desperately trying) to get better. Ever since Ultimate Gaming Zone (the tourney were you all saw the ****), i cant even turn brawl on without feeling...sad/depressed/whatever you want to say. <_< I just cant think or do anything anymore. Can someone give me some tips?
AND IM NOT BEING EMO. FFFFFFFFF

@Shado
footstools wont work if they are attacking, so if they do, you're just gonna jump into the ai while they wont suffer any footstool stun.

@Boxob
i went to Ihop and ordered a Steak tips dinner. The Steak was already cut into pieces and everything was perfect. Lemme tell you...it was delicious.

@KID
are you going to use Sonic this time in tourney?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
its just...well, im stuck. I dont know what to do anymore in terms of trying (desperately trying) to get better. Ever since Ultimate Gaming Zone (the tourney were you all saw the ****), i cant even turn brawl on without feeling...sad/depressed/whatever you want to say. <_< I just cant think or do anything anymore. Can someone give me some tips?
AND IM NOT BEING EMO. FFFFFFFFF

Erm...

I don't get WHY you feel this way. You just play and do what comes naturally. Maybe you're just thinking too hard bro. If you really are good at this game and understand it, just keep playing and do whatever it is you do best and what seems right for each situation. You'll improve that way. You don't always need to develop some new mindblowing tactic every time you play, it doesn't work that way. Sometimes you just get better at the basics, or just start picking up on player habits faster, that kind of thing. Maybe try and start paying attention more to what approaches and things are getting punished, or what habits of your own that you have and try to break away from them.

Just relax mang. It all comes with time.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@KID
are you going to use Sonic this time in tourney?
Contrary to what espy says, as a smart person im going to do what will give me the best chance of winning.

And since I dont know all of my MK matchups yet, yes, I will definitely be playing sonic in this tourney. the only matchups that I know how to play with MK that will matter for this tourney are snake, pikachu, ike, wario, ICs, and a couple others, so if anybody hits me with a character that is good and i dont know how to fight with MK ill use sonic. and ill probably use either lucario or ddd against any warios i might find, and theres a chance that after some intense training with jesiah last night i might use sonic against snake and ike.

Its a pretty complecated system that I have for which characters to use when, but its going to be mainly MK/Sonic unless I get a couple certain matchups that ive expressly trained other characters for.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's stupid.

Had you wanted to win more, you'd have chosen MK sooner and learned all of his match ups by now.

>_>

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I hadnt truly wanted to win until like a month ago, so forgive me if i like playing sonic in friendlies too much to gay people over and over and over again until I learn all of MKs matchups....

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I hadnt truly wanted to win until like a month ago, so forgive me if i like playing sonic in friendlies too much to gay people over and over and over again until I learn all of MKs matchups....
You're forgiven.
It's all gonna be okay. You once were blind, but now you see.

Top Bottom