• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
**** Wolf and his goddamn -125 frame dsmash, -666 frame jab, -13568 frame shine, end-lag-ends-yesterday usmash, Texas-size Bair, and 56 ton ***.

:phone:

Life

Smash Hero
Played Seagull in friendlies at /hope4. Wolf-Sonic is slightly worse than ROB-Sonic, not nearly as bad as you're making it out to be though.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
The top Sonics basically = the Sonics who made it to the second round of pools or higher at apex.
Espy/_X_/D1aos/Meek/Myself. Speed didn't make it out of pools R1 but he's better than most of us when he's not being all emo on himself.
Did BAM make it to second round? I never found out.

No I didn't. I lost to mekos game 1 after being ahead by a stock because the TV went out multiple times and he comboed before we could pause it. The decor to last time it went out I got killed at 90 when he was at 185. Then second game the TV went out again and he got like 35% on me. I told them to switch the TV and he held onto that lead.

Played Ryo and beat him game 1 then game 2 he barely beat me then game 3 he trashed me; I got too nervous then. Ryo too good. Couldn't put him away game 2; I messed up. And that guy adapts so quickly.

I wish I had a metaknight in my pool :( . I just finished 2 stocking vvv Zero in a MM too.

@Espy: Illmatic is mad fun to play. I wish I got to play Nike.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
idk about 10 minutes, but I saw what you said about lowering the stocks to 2 and that seems pretty nice. I'd prefer that over an increased timer. Are all these ruleset changes being proposed because of metaknight being banned?

I don't like how it's been like a little over a week and people are already crazy butt hurt about mk being banned from tournies using the unity ruleset.

I also don't like the fact that some people want to adopt the japanese ruleset in general, I mean it's cool if it's just so every gets used to the ruleset in time for Sunrise but dang lol

then again i haven't been to a tourney in a while so maybe I shouldn't stick my nose there

wifi sonic :( <------------

Tesh

Smash Hero
Salt is the best way to preserve beef.

Space Marth is pretty good though.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
2 stock 6 minute timer da bess IMO. matches last shorter regardless and it's not like time outs will not be any issue even if the timer is increased as ppl will just find whatever way they can to just waste time on the clock as i do in the IC's MU. :p

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
i had to check this thread to see if this guys name was really "kid craft 24/sonic master" ...what wrong with you dude

EDIT: nvm dont answer that im not coming back idc. espy u r scrub

Life

Smash Hero
Aww, and kailo was doing so well in the Japan thread too :(

kc24: one stock, three minutes, best of seven, food on medium, whatcha think?

BSP

Smash Legend
At this point, since I don't see brawl being picked up by any big names.....ever, I think we should go back to a "Recommended" Ruleset and just drop unity

And if, by chance, Brawl ever does get picked up by something big, just use that recommended ruleset *shrug*

Tesh

Smash Hero
Considering Melee has never been picked back for anything, despite not having all these fights over rulesets, I don't see the point in trying to Unify in an effort to look good for Brawl. Its 4 years old and in 2 or 3 years its going to be replaced by the next Smash. Maybe giving Unity a shot then might be worth it after proper testing.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
hold on a second. we just had apex, which was the biggest smash tourney ever, multiple smashers at that tournament were sponsored, including the player who got fourth place. And it was used as a road to EVO event and you dont think brawl is ever going to be picked up by anybody?

Thats kind of ignorant.

BSP

Smash Legend
Hmm, yeah, I guess. I still think Recommended Ruleset 3.0 was the best one yet with the starter, starter/CP, CP, and CP/banned lists with reasoning for each.

@K.I.D. - oh ,ok. It's a start I guess. I didn't know all that. I can see the use for unity if someone picks us up, but otherwise, I'd go with recommended

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
its interesting how big apex brawl was considering how turnouts around the country have dropped. hype why am i here

btw mlg and evo both had brawl for a year and i dont even think they are considering bringing it back altho i could be wrong. i know evo isnt

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. mlg wouldnt own smashboards right now if they didnt have SOME kind of idea to do SOMETHING with the game. plus with metaknight (and effectively, m2k) banned, we wont have to worry about any pot splitting debacles that messed it up for everybody last time.

2. Evo still does side events for like... every fighting game ever. so dont assume its not there somewhere just because its not in the main line up.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Yeah, B.A.M. our set was really fun!

Espy and I have a lot of fun playing each other too.
Really fast paced stuff happens haha.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
Butbutbutbut smahes isnt a fighting gaem!!1!1

:awesome:
This is what was flooding the apex stream chat, and not gonna lie it got me a little upset.

especially because some members of the fgc talk about how the smash community is immature while they insult a game they know almost nothing about.

Talkin bout melee not taking skill pffff...and yeah brawl is a lil easier but it's still definitely not some baby's game. idk why I let the stream monsters get to me sometimes lol

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
There are too many fighting games for Brawl to get in. It's not cause it's not a fighting game. SRK didn't like that we were unwilling to play Brawl with items for a while and decide if they were really broken. Of course we KNOW they're broken and it's obvious at a glance but they felt since there were no exploding crates that eliminated some of the randomness. If a smash side tournament is big enough they may be willing to show it on the big screen/stream. I think BlazBlue did that one year.

I wouldn't expect it in the main tournament cause it's not the mid-2000's. There are games that are newer and just can't get in cause of limited spaces. Skullgirls and Blazblue at least. EVO tries to stay on the newest games with Street Fighter and Marvel being the main events. I'm just glad they have SF, UMvC, KoF and SFxT. The other games are just bonus for me.

Edit: I'm talking about the staff mostly. There are idiots who scream **** in streams all the time. They say the same about Tekken, Soul Calibur, KoF and all those. Some people are just completely STREET FIGHTER AND MAHVEL ONLY! Some of them even bash those two if they only play one of them. So just ignore them.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
ehhhh

my main 3 sites are Smashboards, Sonic Retro, and Shoryuken.

Smashboards and Sonic Retro were offline today, so it was kinda boring.

I mean, I got by tho.

BSP

Smash Legend
I didn't lose too much by SWF being down

I just want AiB to upload my tournament already :glare:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Youtube should have participated. ALOT of people would feel the effects from that and Youtube would be hit hard by SOPA/PIPA if it were to pass.

True Blue

Smash Lord

Do you do commissions?

:V
:phone: :: Tapatalk Android App
Yea. In my Sig there is a link to my DA page that has examples of my work. Just so you know what your asking lol. And incase you can't see my Sig than here is a link
WWW.kiro13.deviantART.com

Edit: Though how much you looking to pay and what is it that you want? And if you want you can message me instead so as to make this 'business' more private lol.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yea. In my Sig there is a link to my DA page that has examples of my work. Just so you know what your asking lol. And incase you can't see my Sig than here is a link
WWW.kiro13.deviantART.com

Edit: Though how much you looking to pay and what is it that you want? And if you want you can message me instead so as to make this 'business' more private lol.

Price wasnt that big of an issue. W/e is appropriate.

I wanted a picture of me, zero suit samus, and tails standing next to each other, all in lab coats, smilingly deviously at the viewer, at an angle.

Colored. :V

Tesh

Smash Hero
Based on uploaded videos, __X__ R2 Apex pool looks kind of free. You all should have worked harder to be top seeds.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Price wasnt that big of an issue. W/e is appropriate.

I wanted a picture of me, zero suit samus, and tails standing next to each other, all in lab coats, smilingly deviously at the viewer, at an angle.

Colored. :V
Ok. So when you mean you, I assume I am going to cartoonize you? Cause my style is cartoony. And at an angle what do you mean?

Top Bottom