• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Life

Smash Hero
So on a Brawl note, did we ever figure out what enables you to snap to the ledge from up-B? This is the second time I've done it by accident and I can't figure it out. (If you don't know what I mean, there's a certain spacing or input or *something* that causes you to immediately snap to the ledge out of spring if you're very close. Doing so causes the spring not to spawn, so it has to be something very early in the spring animation, if not before... can someone shed some light?)

True Blue

Smash Lord
Really? That really sucks. Who was it that was coaching against him?

And for the spring thing I feel like it would have to be early since I have grabbed Sonic right as the up B was being processed and no spring came out but the grab release to death still happened. Though didn't know you could snap to the ledge.

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I didn't tell Paw anything about Sonic, or call out his habits to him. I mostly told him how to refine his style between games to be more effective.
Besides, you're implying that Meek plays Sonic. I saw him use the bat. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
He went Yoshi's because he abused the fact that Paw would have to ban Frigate against his Meta Knight to stand a reasonable chance at victory. Gave him the free YI:B with Sonic. He used the bat to get to that point.

:applejack:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I have replays, if it matters. (Forgot to set the timer on both, but eh)
Upload the replay files to a file-hosting site, and post the link.

At the very least, I should be able to get the video up. Having easy access to more evidence would help. Because the only example I can think of right now is from a hand-held camera w/ Espy doing it at MLG Dallas '10. Not quite the best quality if you catch my drift.

and @#$% it, I'd post an an appropriate image macro here like the imagefag I am, but I'm just too tired right now to bother to look. In any case, at least know I'm somewhat interested/willing to help/investigate.

:093:

Life

Smash Hero
Trying to determine which replay file is the correct one. In the meantime, since I don't have a timer on the relevant match, I used a stopwatch--pay attention at about the 1:40 mark.

I believe this is the correct one--should be Sonic vs. CPU Wolf on Frigate. Haven't done this before so not sure if I pulled the right one but...
http://www.mediafire.com/?a5glw2z8vg2ur5a

I also have one versus Wario on Japes, I might dig it up later.
New problem: my Mac apparently decided (AFTER I moved the replays off it) that my SD card is read-only, so it won't let me mess with any of the files on it, which means I'd have to upload 150+ replays and let everyone else sort for that specific match, which I'm not going to burden anyone with... will work on solving this.
Solved. Will find second file.

Sonic vs. CPU Wario on Japes: http://www.mediafire.com/?rnm9n0mb30bk3er Spring ledge snap occurs at about one minute according to the stopwatch (I need to get in the habit of setting the timer because of things like this. I usually forget). This one's a year old, but I found out that the Wii resets the file's date when it's copied from Wii to SD card or vice-versa--nifty lil detail that made it easier to find.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Damn the Sonics want my head now. Espy you are the only one I have left to play ^_^. I look forward to it. Watching that video of me and X even though I won I saw a lot of things I mistimed and could have done. Thanks Wedge you are my boy!!!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sure, I'll be glad to play whenever the opportunity presents itself. Might be awhile before that happens though. :applejack:

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Damn the Sonics want my head now. Espy you are the only one I have left to play ^_^. I look forward to it. Watching that video of me and X even though I won I saw a lot of things I mistimed and could have done. Thanks Wedge you are my boy!!!
>Espy is the only Sonic left to play.
>Still hasn't played me in singles.
>Still mentions me later in the post.
Lol.
But yeah, no prob. If you need any other advice just hit me up ;)

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
So on a Brawl note, did we ever figure out what enables you to snap to the ledge from up-B? This is the second time I've done it by accident and I can't figure it out. (If you don't know what I mean, there's a certain spacing or input or *something* that causes you to immediately snap to the ledge out of spring if you're very close. Doing so causes the spring not to spawn, so it has to be something very early in the spring animation, if not before... can someone shed some light?)
It has something to do with taking damage iirc. I was testing it out at one point on New Pork City, I basically positioned the opposing character to f-smash me towards the grabbable ledge near the breakable floor, then springed as soon as possible. I would snap onto it every time.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
The top Sonics basically = the Sonics who made it to the second round of pools or higher at apex.
Espy/_X_/D1aos/Meek/Myself. Speed didn't make it out of pools R1 but he's better than most of us when he's not being all emo on himself.
Did BAM make it to second round? I never found out.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Lol sorry guys, but I meant the top Sonics xD. I haven't played Meek? He is a top Sonic? I apologize, I don't know any of the best Sonics. All I here about is X and Espy.
You lost game 1 to fsmash
Like the easiest move to avoid
Yuki would be dissappointed

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The top Sonics basically = the Sonics who made it to the second round of pools or higher at apex.
Espy/_X_/D1aos/Meek/Myself. Speed didn't make it out of pools R1 but he's better than most of us when he's not being all emo on himself.
Did BAM make it to second round? I never found out.

I won't overglorify myself, but I'd like to call myself a dark horse amongst the Sonics due to how I don't play often.

[EDIT]

That and Canadian travelling to the East Coast of America from West Coast can be expensive + work + insert more johns here. lol

NAKAT, I'll give you a challenge if we ever play, that much I know. Should be fun.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It has something to do with taking damage iirc. I was testing it out at one point on New Pork City, I basically positioned the opposing character to f-smash me towards the grabbable ledge near the breakable floor, then springed as soon as possible. I would snap onto it every time.
I don't know if I missed the memo or something, but why didn't you feel like sharing with the rest of the class, hmm?

Because that seems to be what it is.

Oh well, such a shame to find out, after all this time, that it isn't anything to get excited about. Maybe if it turns out that the spring coil has a hitbox or something like that, but I'm not going to wait for that to happen...

*Sigh.* Back to the drawing board...

Life

Smash Hero
Hey, at least we got a video. The hitbox thing shouldn't be too difficult to test if D1AOS' post is any indication--all you'd need would be a third character to jump into the spring.

So. Drawing board. Hm.

You remember how GIMR posted that Invincicopter-without-a-slope thing for DK and we got excited because it's basically the same mechanic as iSDR?

Or... or what? What else is there to find out?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hey, at least we got a video. The hitbox thing shouldn't be too difficult to test if D1AOS' post is any indication--all you'd need would be a third character to jump into the spring.

So. Drawing board. Hm.

You remember how GIMR posted that Invincicopter-without-a-slope thing for DK and we got excited because it's basically the same mechanic as iSDR?

Or... or what? What else is there to find out?
You know what? I got a better idea.

I will shave after months of not doing so update the community guide after months of not doing so.

'Cause you know, at least doing that seems Doable, as opposed to figuring that out, even though I do recall wedge said he had found something. He's either not sharing it or like I expected he gave up because it's much too difficult, if not impossible considering how Sonic hops whereas any of DK's momentum prior to his Up-B is entirely killed

Woohoo, long, grueling frame-data crunchin' time! After I call it a day, I'll let everyone know by trying to log what I updated/changed/added/removed in the appropriate thread. Still incomplete you know... Afterall... Then another update probably wouldn't be coming for the next few months seeing as how college starts up again tomorrow and I'll be busy with that then. That is, unless someone else thinks they can keep updating it as opposed to the slow and unmotivated pace I am working at it. By all means, if you're not satisfied with my work you're willing to take over.

Now then, with that said... Girls are now drafting praying, please wait warmly.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I saw the Sonic Progressive commercial twice today.
Had it on mute when I saw it on Youtube. The music killed me. :applejack:

True Blue

Smash Lord
Haven't seen it on tv yet. So don't know the music that is going on in that scene but it is a pretty weird commercial lol. I just was confused as to why they did that lol

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You know what? I got a better idea.

I will shave after months of not doing so update the community guide after months of not doing so.

'Cause you know, at least doing that seems Doable, as opposed to figuring that out, even though I do recall wedge said he had found something. He's either not sharing it or like I expected he gave up because it's much too difficult, if not impossible considering how Sonic hops whereas any of DK's momentum prior to his Up-B is entirely killed

Woohoo, long, grueling frame-data crunchin' time! After I call it a day, I'll let everyone know by trying to log what I updated/changed/added/removed in the appropriate thread. Still incomplete you know... Afterall... Then another update probably wouldn't be coming for the next few months seeing as how college starts up again tomorrow and I'll be busy with that then. That is, unless someone else thinks they can keep updating it as opposed to the slow and unmotivated pace I am working at it. By all means, if you're not satisfied with my work you're willing to take over.

Now then, with that said... Girls are now drafting praying, please wait warmly.

I've been working on reformatting the damn guide ever since I've made this post.

I just said "Screw it, I've done enough for now." Right now, and it's almost 3 o' clock.

Why don't I get paid for this crap dammit!? Makes me mad, I wanna flip a table!

I saw the Sonic Progressive commercial twice today.
Had it on mute when I saw it on Youtube. The music killed me. :applejack:
Your face.

I'm not sure if that's my bias for liking the commercial speaking or the exhaustion. Maybe both.

Because Sonic needs to find savings on his mileage. :applejack:
Do you remember the old 90's commercials Espy?

I don't. I was just being birthed when Sonic 2 came out and stuff.

Top Bottom